October 15, 2018, 02:06:14 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Buying a Cintiq  (Read 663 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• Everybody seem to think I'm Lazy
  • I don't mind, I think they're CRAZY!
    • View Profile
Buying a Cintiq
« on: March 28, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
so one of my big plans, if i was to get commissions was to save up for a Cintiq but the issue is i dont know how well they feel, do they slide around or is there a screen cover that would make it feel more like a standard tablet?

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Buying a Cintiq
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:30:25 AM »
I don't have a cintiq myself but looking at several people who do use it, seems like it's very stable (and huuuuuge for some models).  It probably wouldn't need a screen cover because you can't really move around with it.

Here's the back of one of the stands, basically preset distances

Another one which is more common for the big cintiqs

And one that doesn't look like it'll move much after you set it up

Gotta remember, cintiqs can get really really big (that's a full sized keyboard on top of it)

They still do have some small cintiqs but most of them are huge so you can do more detailed work with less zooming in/out

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »
It's an older model cintiq that I use (protip: older versions are cheaper, if you can find them).  The screen is plastic rather than glass, so you shouldn't notice much difference compared to a non-monitor tablet, but I think some people like to put a sheet of tracing paper over the top to give it a bit more resistance, if that makes it any more comfortable for you.

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• Everybody seem to think I'm Lazy
  • I don't mind, I think they're CRAZY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
actually using my old stylus with the flex nib makes it not so slippery (bought a Cintiq 13hd around a couple weeks ago XD, also in my opinion, it is the perfect size, its not too big, i draw tiny to begin with so it works itself out)