March 28, 2020, 04:55:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Getting Started on Medibang  (Read 910 times)

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Getting Started on Medibang
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:05:57 PM »
For all those wanting to get started on Medibang, here's a little rundown for you.

About Medibang
Anyway, Medibang. It's a pretty cool site where users share their manga/comics, artwork, and novels. You can find some pretty cool people there, all of them in love with what they do, be it a fancy manga or the occasional short story. If you're a writer/artist and you want another place to share your work, that's probably a good place to start.

Signing up and posting stuff
It's got a pretty standard sign-up process, and of course, it's a free service. They don't sell anything extra as far as I know. After you sign up, make sure you flesh out your profile, yes? Make it so people can get a feel for who you are if they see it. No one likes having seeing blanks where they want to see a bit of info about you. Next, you share some content. Now let's say you've got a short story you want to put up in the Novel section. If you have a PDF or something containing your story, you can just upload that, attach your cover (can also make one if you don't have one), and post it. It's as simple as that.

There's also a text editor there if you'd rather do that, which is probably a little more work, but it's my preferred option because I like to format things a little differently when a post a story there. If you don't plan on changing anything about your story, you can just go ahead and go for the other option. Otherwise, doing it by text editor allows you to quickly go back and correct any mistakes should you notice any down the line.

Some of the interface prompts are in Japanese, which isn't a problem for me since I know Japanese reasonably well, but you don't you're just gonna have to see which button does what you want it to do. Usually, the "accept" or "ok" buttons are green, so its easy to know what's a yes or a no.

Rankings
There are ranking sections for manga, artwork, and for novels. I believe they're ranked by frequent and recent views and not overall popularity, but you can change how these things are organized if you want (views per month, views per week, default is views per day). For instance, Death by Ex-Girlfriend: Aika Crisis, is, at this moment, 4th place with a total of 5,277 views. Whenever that happens, I know people have been reading it in the past 24 hours. The creators themselves are also ranked by points, dependent on how much attention their works have been getting. If you post some quality artwork frequently, you're gonna see yourself in the top 5 positions a lot.

Take your ranking as a measure of how much interest there is in your work.

Socializing
Talking to people on Medibang is a lot like...Facebook, I guess?  :hmm: You can follow and/or friend request people as you please. There's an Everyone's News section on the front page, where people generally share their thoughts, mundane life stories, upcoming works, discussion topics, pretty much anything. Not too different from the Chit Chat thread here, if you want to think of it like that. You'll find most users speak English, but quite a few mainly speak Japanese. You want my advice, learn Japanese so you can converse with everyone, because some of the best artists there are Japs.

Contests
Some other cool stuff goes on at Medibang. For instance, there are several interesting contests that occur there. Weekly Shounen Magazine partnered up with Medibang for a One-Shot manga contest, where everyone submitted their manga for review and possible cash prizes. The MCPO Award for 2017 just finished up there. They have people submit their art or manga for generally the same kind of rewards, as well as publication of the winning works. There's silent manga contests as well from time to time. If you've got some quality work on your hands, it's always a good idea to submit your stuff when these contests pop up.

Let's see...I think that's it for now. My brain is fried from writing nonstop, so I need to rest. Hopefully this helps anyone who wants to get started on Medibang. I go there quite often, mainly just to post the stuff I post here for a bigger audience. The biggest problem I had with it was some of the interface being in Japanese even when the site language setting was English, but I quickly got over that annoyance.

Offline Shinpi Tekina

• View Profile
Re: Getting Started on Medibang
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:07:12 AM »
Thanks I might go back to writing my Dark fantasy manga and back to reading fantasy comics manga etc. To get a routine going I was well still am keep going back and fourth trying to find something to stick. But I'm thinking similaritiessomething I will enjoy.

" Follow your passion " I thought I was trying to but idk.

I was doing to much to many things at once and not getting anything done. I do want to start my romance manga mezame no ai.  But  also like design games thinking about doing a blog BTW do you have a blog? Actually I'm going to make a new post asking people that.

So anyways I did sign up. Also I got a bit intrigued when you said there are maps there that are good artists on that site. Have any of them contact you about doing art for you. Also have you received feedback from professional mangaka or manga editors.

Also I wonder how serious they are I feel like they may not care for the content like for example some mmorpgs you play it feels like the devs abandon the game. Get where I'm getting at. Do you they care for there community.

I saw similarities with the website webtoon. I feel that webtoon support there content creators more. Also like I was unclear if I can publish my story else where. I think there policy is like you can only publish and sell your products through there like affiliates

Offline laciroeye

• ??????????????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:20:31 AM »
It's a good suggestion, though.
*Link Removed*

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
This is the bst that this was explained to me, only thing im going to note, not sure if it is still like that but Jap might be a derogatory term (offensive to the japanese)

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
I can confirm that "Jap" is derogatory. Please refrain from using it y'all.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 12:12:05 AM »
Ah, I actually didn't know that. I thought it was just a neutral shortener for Japanese. I know some people call them Nips too, based off the word Nippon. Thanks for the heads up Coryn

• o-o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »
oh yeah like i didnt saying anything about it first...

Click the Banner to Read

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:19:45 AM »
Yeah but when you make a statement saying 'not sure' and 'might', it gives the statement a foundation as solid as pudding. Coryn went ahead and confirmed what you said though. When you make a statement, you've got to express it with certainty, otherwise credit will always go to the one who solidifies what you already said. It's a weird and vexing lesson of life that we all have to speak with certainty and confidence when we're telling people about things.  :ninja:

• o-o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »
but come on, man.... O^O... well i wasnt sure, i knew it was a term Americans used in WWII but i wasnt sure if it was still offensive, anyway,

i keep thinking about that annual Shonen Jump contest "it has happened twice with medibang so i have no doubt it'll happen again" but my issue is if i win, ok you get it published in Weekly or monthly shonen jump, or shonen jump gold, i dont know... but you also get an editor assigned, and thats what has me not wanting to do that contest, i dont want to have an editor run me down... thought i would change the subject back to medibang :/... even tho this had more to do with the contest, like make more of a discussion and less of a bad word debate

Click the Banner to Read