March 29, 2024, 01:23:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Finding old Art (if there is a thread already existing for this send me to it)  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
so since we are going through a difficult time, i decided to draw with a ballpoint pen, while finding a bunch of dead ones i came across a really old book... really old as in 5 years old, it was when i still had my old characters as a priority, was out of that... project that tortured me day and night and was getting back to drawing, i was even drawing in the new style that i perfected and is still using to this day, only problem is the book was a mix between my characters and the first drawings that i actually done with the Royal characters.... back when they were still basically fan characters for an anime i hate ever so much now, speaking of that was the other part of the book.... a lot are from old RPs but most were just me drawing my characters and setting them with dates even tho characters like Tylar Hillsin (supporting character of Royal) was created way before 2012,

pretty much i had some cringe, fond memories, confusing questions... like honestly why was i able to draw poses then but not now

have you found any old art that made you think of how much you improved, developed characters,... cringe?

just a realization of something. its kinda off topic so it can be ignored
Spoiler
tbh after looking at this book i realized the Royal Project... well its original idea isnt as old as i was saying it was cause the way i put it its like i established it in 2010 but i didnt actually create the twins til around 2011 in text form during an RP with a friend and then i didnt draw them til 2012... so last year i said it was 6 years, now its 6 years

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
I cringe just looking at my present day stuff to be honest.

While moving a month back, I came across some of my first drawings from some years ago, back when I was trying to start drawing seriously for the first time. I remember a few pictures that I was really proud of and thought it wouldn't be possible for me to improve on them anymore. There were a few portrait sketches that I thought then, were pretty spot on. There was even my first attempt of manga style in there, and it sucked balls.

Well, I basically had to hold back bile looking at them. Good thing is it means my artistic vision has improved a lot.

Offline TheClayMaker

• Because Topics are Dumb...
  • Walking demotivation...
    • View Profile
I found a folder with some of my old art in it, and I hated looking through it. It made me feel much better about the art I'm making now, but I still hate how bad it was. I wonder if I'll feel the same way about my current art in a few years...