December 11, 2017, 11:37:19 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Dream Thread  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
@Misyne your dreams sound more like manifestations of feelings of hopelessness and self-consciousness than omens. Especially not being able to run, which would suggest feeling unsupported in your current goals.

Yeah, I guess that sounds about right. What's interesting is how this stuff seems to be universal - like it's the language of the brain for so many people. If I was a brain and had to tell my host they're essentially not doing well in some category of their life, it would seem weird to have them run as if underwater or have their teeth fall out and whatnot.  ;D

Sometimes it hits the mark, yeah, but usually it's just really random for me. They say having all your teeth just spontaneously fall off in a dream means someone you know is going to die. Well, I don't know about that, but it's weird that I keep dreaming about my teeth falling off all the time. I basically know what it feels like to have my mouth full of fallen off teeth from having those dreams somehow.

I also keep dreaming about not being able to walk or run properly. It feels exactly like trying to run underwater. It's so common in my dreams that I wasn't sure if I was actually able to run properly at one point.

Misyne  - I've had both these types of dreams in the past; The teeth falling out is one dream i had repeatedly throughout my school and uni life, during exam time...interpret that as you will; and people i knew didn't start dying, which was good news.

The running one - that's exactly what it feels like; I've read a bit about things like that, and i think the general consensus is that it's a result of not being fully unconscious when your asleep - a bit like sleep paralysis, where there is a mismatch between body and sleep cues.

But also, does anyone else find it incredible that we can have essentially the same dream-theme?? Makes me think how many people, over the course of time, have had this exact dream!? *mind implode slightly*

That might be it... I think I dream about things like that when I've woken up once and then continue sleeping. Guess I'm sort of trying to walk in the dream, but I'm awake enough to tell my legs aren't really moving all that much? Hard to say.  :-\

Yeah, the universal nature of these elements in our dreams is very intriguing!

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
guys know a dream is your brain turning on before you wake up?... thought it be a fun fact... i have no dreams to report, or want to report

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• Human Souls Are like Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
guys know a dream is your brain turning on before you wake up?... thought it be a fun fact... i have no dreams to report, or want to report
hey said the smallest part of matter was an atom, they were wrong... is quartz and they have a "life" of their own. The brain is a complex organ, that no one actually know how it works. So... maybe we need a stop into reason, and put a bit of more effort in the esoteric ways.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »
I had two weird dreams this morning...

My first was about being chased by a polar bear and the cast of Breaking Bad were trying to save me.

My other was about my housemates ganging up on me and bullying me.

Oddly enough, the second one felt much worse than the first...  :hmm:

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• Human Souls Are like Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 10:54:28 PM »
I just had a nightmare in which I was attacked by shadows and sent to hot burning place (not hell)... it was wierd I woke up with scratches and hand markings all over my body... talk about weird...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »
I also had something of a nightmare. There were two blackbirds (I'm not sure if crows or ravens). They were looking at me, so I glared back at them like I do animals that try to rush me. I started walking down, and one of them started coming after me, and it seemed to be mutating as it did so. I grabbed it by the neck, and everything just felt wrong, yet I couldn't stop myself from hitting it sort of softly against a tree. It looked dead, and I tried to stroke it, knowing I'd betrayed something important, and it shivered, looked to me, and then scurried off. Everything about it just felt incredibly bad.

It's worth noting, however, that today has been a day of bad omens as per the old Roman calendar.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
i had a dream... nightmare where our apartment collapsed in on itself, like shelves and cabinats were falling to the floor and it was only moment til the inspection....

a while ago i also had a nightmare where that property manager went after my dad's house... the one he owns and will eventually be mine, oddly i kept hearing myself scream at her face "white people should not be allowed to own native land" and "get out of my *censored*ing house", "i'll *censored*ing break your face against the basement wall"... more lines that involved beating her senseless... i think after this chapter of my life comes to a close... i need to see a therapist

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2017, 01:02:59 AM »
Christ, is everyone having nightmares? Maybe there's more to that "day of bad omens" than I thought.
Maybe MR should invest in its own shrink for everyone.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2017, 01:44:10 AM »
Don't remember a lot of my dreams lately. I've been staying up way too late and, as a result, I don't really have much time to dream. When I do, it's all mildly anxious stuff like not being able to speak, failing classes, finding out there are parts to songs I have to play for an upcoming performance that I've not learned, passing red lights, driving against traffic. I don't wake up in the middle of the night or anything or at the apex of fear. I just wake up when I do and it feels no different. Kind of consistent with the light, but constant level of stress of being a working adult and wondering if this music thing is ever gonna take off.

Online Manimal Claus

• God of Yule & Fruitcakes To
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 08:06:59 AM »
I had a dream I was in college with my high school pals and the teacher was talking about albums or something. Like I think history, or we were being shown them, I don't remember that part.

So the teacher passes around a paper and asks everyone in a few words to describe what is good about the Ramones Rocket to Russia. There are like little square blanks and people are writing things like "they brought back rock", "it rocks" whatever.

So I get the paper, flip it around and begin to write a long essay on the album and the Ramones style. I'm all like, Rocket to Russia is a non stop 30 minute rock fest that perfectly etc. etc. just a non stop thing. I actually feel my wrist cramping to and soon enough half of the paper is full, but I just like that in my dreams I am still...classic me.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 08:09:53 PM »
It's weird for me but possibly completely normal - on my days off when I actually sleep enough, I dream about something as I'm woken up by my alarm. Since I could wake up immediately and be productive and stuff, I tend to just push snooze and turn on my side. I can repeat this process for hours with 15 minute snooze interval.

Now the interesting part is, I always dream about something, and when I wake up and get back to sleeping, the dream will continue exactly where it left off. Sometimes I keep snoozing just to see what happens next in my dream. I can watch long as hell dreams this way, while also enjoying the best feeling in the world - to be able to just keep on sleeping after your alarm has gone off and you've snoozed it. Sometimes it feels like lucid dreaming - I have control on what is happening unlike usually in my dreams.

Now, I'm not an expert, but I've heard the brain takes all night to develop your dreams, and the "output" you see is actually the work of many hours worth of deep sleep. I probably maintain REM somehow despite waking up for a small amount of time in between, but I still don't understand how the dreams can just continue and are of similar perceived length to the dream I was seeing before waking up in the first place.

The downside to doing this is I probably will get no additional rest from continuously interrupting my sleep like this, and I usually forget all about the dream within a few hours as well.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »
Yeah, that's not exactly a common occurrence from what I understand. I've rarely ever had the capacity to "continue" a dream. Usually a new one will start if I go back to dozing.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
Okay so I had three dreams that I remember from last night.

First... Was a nightmare type where "I" am the MC and it takes place in the "real world". Anyways to sum this one up my teeth started getting loose and falling out, but my parents kept delaying and making up excuses to not do anything. (Me having to really push my parents to get them to take care of problems lately was likely the cause for this one and I've had many other dreams with a similar theme minus the teeth falling out.)

Second... hardest to remember, but it was in a fictionalish town on Halloween and people started turning into real zombies. Had to barricade doors and fight zombies with a broom and such. Also had a lot of exotic pets that had gotten infected and was upset to leave them behind. (been playing too much 7DtD.)

Third was my other type of dream where I spectate the story from 3rd person or though a character's viewpoint and are usually fantasy based. This one was cool. It had suspense from hiding from zombies (yes, more zombies but we were in a tall hotel or apartment complex in a city this time), an interesting backstory/plot twist and a cool transforming griffin thing. (This is one of those dreams that I wish I didn't already have my hands full with so many stories...)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
For the record, dreams of teeth falling out are extremely common, and most cultures have different perspectives of what it could possibly mean. Just to let you know, you're not alone.
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Im fortunate enough never to have had that one.

Man, I haven't dreamt lucidly in ages, and when I do I never get to truly control where I go. The worst is never being able to fly where I want to fly. It's always a sort of side-scroller sort of gliding where I really don't choose my velocity or not. The worst is when I'm running from something. Sometimes I'm a badass at escaping, but mostly I just get hounded ad infinitum and don't get out. Sigh. Teach me how to Inception please