November 22, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist  (Read 320 times)

Offline TheRectumCrusader

• TheGreatBig
    • View Profile
[ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist
« on: March 02, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
Hey y'all, I'm a coder/writer/artist/music producer and composer looking to collaborate with a much more versatile and experienced artist for a collaboration for my Visual Novel, named Sairento *censored*a. Deets can be given once I'm contacted, but to be precise, it's a psychological drama/romance similar in style and feel to the likes of Katawa Shoujo, CrossChannel and Grisaia No Kajutsu. Reason I'm looking for an artist is because all the other factors like writing, coding and production I can do myself, but art assets are becoming a handful as the game gets more complex. I would promote paid commission, but I am looking for long term collaboration, with this game becoming a paid product (so naturally, the artist would get a cut as my partner.)

As for the visual novel itself, the writing is coming along nicely, plenty of demo OST's, all characters have been written up, illustrations for characters are underway, and coding has begun in early stages. I am using Renpy with prior Python knowledge.

If you're even slightly interested, drop a pm or just reply, I'd be willing to answer any queries.
"I fought for happiness; to end this never-ending struggle. I believed in us - in all of us. I was severely mistaken, and within mere moments, humanity reverted from a universal binding of cooperation and hope, to a manifestation of sin and despair, spanning across the wholeness of this wretched, bloodstained world."
TRauma.

Offline Benzaiten-a

• View Profile
Re: [ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
It states that illustrations for characters are underway. Does that mean that you already have an artist doing the character designs? If so are you in need of a background artist? Will you be needing CG art? Backgrounds? Sprite? Any form of animation (including how some visual novels show characters blinking ect). I'm really not sure what kind of artist you are looking for. Normally I would assume you want one artist for all but because of the comment about illustrations being underway I can not be certain. Please explain the expectations of the artist more clearly.

Such as for sprites, will you be wanting full body, 3/4th, and a headshot? How many different poses and expression combinations? Sorry I know you'd usually discuss this after choosing an artist but I think it would be helpful in allowing an artist viewing the topic to have a general understanding of the amount of skill/time that will be required of them.

I'll end my post here since my questions get to be a lot more in-depth and are better suited to private messaging. Please respond on this topic rather than PM for the benefit of others viewing this discussion.

Offline Shinpi Tekina

• View Profile
Re: [ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »
I would like to partner with you i think i may try doing a light novel too have not attempted one yet.