September 23, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Greeble Scribbles  (Read 452 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Greeble Scribbles
« on: March 01, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble

This is a topic for drawing complicated things. Post your attempts, post your sketches, post your successes.

Mechs, Engines, Shopping Carts, whatever feels impossible to draw at a glance without breaking it down in your head.

Rules

1- Post your attempt
2- Question / Advise people on the drawing. (How do you draw something like this when you need to? / I drew this by using Google Sketchup and following these steps...)

My attempt

I tried to draw computer chips on a motherboard.

My question: How the hell would you do something like this in a more effecient manner? Is it realistically possible to do by hand?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:10:17 AM by reX »

Offline MK

• I read everything on MR
    • View Profile
Re: Greeble Scribbles
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:32 AM »
Somewhat confused at the challenge.  It says not to break it down in my head.  Does that mean i can't draw the simple shapes and put detail after?  Usually when i look at anything i start to break it into simple shapes in my mind
Stalk me here
Want a commission?  Join the waitlist here
Ask me if you need constructive criticism on art or panel layout.  Practice and constructive criticism are the fastest ways to improve

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:07:27 AM »
Haha no I meant you SHOULD have to break it down into simple forms if you want to even try to draw it. You can break down anything but say instead of a car draw the interior, or a car engine. I was interested in how more experienced artists tackled such things

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 03:06:47 AM »
If you name is right this topics could be a way for people to learn to draw "Object" i think
but here my attempt, It just trashcan but dammm man.....it's tough than i thought it gonna be. i have to think and
try to understand the structure for a while

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
That's a tricky one, but I see what you did there with some of my old drafting knowledge from back in the days of high school...Hmm...not a bad way to look at it. Thanks, Shane. I may actually start using some of that when I do my sketchdumps, especially with the ellipses. (Damn...why didn't I think of doing that..? :push: )
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »
That is sort of devestatingly good Shane! That`s laser-precision right there. Great stuff! How long did that even take to break down?