November 24, 2017, 12:19:14 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Thrift store finds, not sure if a topic like this already exists  (Read 252 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
Thrift store finds, not sure if a topic like this already exists
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »
so today... had a bad day, wasnt allowed to spend my money but then i asked mom and finally she said fine... i'll explain why i cant spend my money, due to the eviction bull*censored*, moms broke so my money is now the money for the month

so she said fine and i go into the local Hock 'n Save, i see they went and put anime behind a glass case but the dvds are only $5 so i went "ok", saw this one and went "i wan that one, it looks cool" so i bought it for again, $5. but when i got home, i realised it wasnt in english, i could not tell the anime by reading the title so after staring at it for a sec, i asked mom to look up "Knights of the Zodiac" so she did and one look i went "holy *censored* im good" cause i remember it being on when i was around 8 but i never watched it but i remembered in cause it had that one song from "A Flock of Seagulls" for the opening... even tho it was a cover by "Bowling for Soup"

ANYWAY TO THE POINT: now that i know the anime i looked up the DVD. it is a Hong Kong Import, Similar to the Godzilla Movies where they are English subbed and not dubbed when being released over seas. of the first 4 Theatrical Movies for Saint Seiya (KotZ's Japanese Title). so finding a DVD for 4 Anime movies that were never released in English but atleast Subbed for $5... did i basically steal this thing? and what have you found in Anime at a second hand store

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Thrift store finds, not sure if a topic like this already exists
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:08:24 PM »
Not anime related but about seventy-five percent of my drag performance outfit for this Friday came from a Goodwill. Shoes, tank, vest...it almost makes up for the fact that the pants I got online were about eighty bucks. Ugh, I do need a binder, though.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Thrift store finds, not sure if a topic like this already exists
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »
I've got many records and tapes from the Thrift Store, not so much in recent times tho.

Anime wise, I got some manga (this sentence is weird). Like the first 26 volumes of Naruto, I don't care about the series and don't really want to get into it but...they where cheap. Other random stuff as well, nothing overly good. I used to get almost any manga, now I don't see much. I got a like McDolands toy of DABURA (as spoken in the green guys voice). It spits water. I thought that was funny. I got a bunch of rental DBZ tapes for kicks then quickly donated them back because that was a bad idea.

Not Thrift but I scored a Love Live Maki prize figure at a Pawn Shop. Someone bought it at the local con, trashed the box and pawned it. Pretty cool. At the same con I got Umi from the set so they look good together.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM by Manimal »