April 18, 2024, 11:19:23 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Upcoming Anime 2017  (Read 6347 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Upcoming Anime 2017
« on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
Rather then make a bunch of threads each season I'll just do a super thread now to talk about all the upcoming shows as they are announced and such. We must begin with the main event of 2017...

FULL METAL PANIC 4

Every anime of 2017 besides the next one I mention can burn in a hole for all I care. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing could be a better announcement then FULL METAL PANIC 4 after 10 years! I still believe this is a trick and will be canceled or will air and be some CGI bs. Still we are getting more of the story, this is beyond amazing. WTF. Fall 2017. However if Mikuni Shimokawa does not do the OP & ED I will instantly drop this show a whole score point. You do not get anyone, ANYONE, but Mikuni on this thing. 

LOVE LIVE SUNSHINE!! 2

Oh yes Doki Doki Sunshine, the second most exciting annocument came yesterday, Love Live Sunshine gets another season in Fall as well. This will be awesome as the first set things up well. It was angsty, dramatic and gay. Season 1 was about Aqours taking great inspiration from Muse but also learning they need to step out of their shadow and finding a way to carve their own path different from their heroes. It was actually a great show about idol worship (literally not pop idols) and finding one's individuality. So for season 2 all I want is more fun and more Kanan because she is best girl and got shafted in season 1 for screentime.

New Game season 2! Very exciting, season 1 was pretty good and I did not except that!

Citrus & NTR! 2017 year of yuri. Sunshine 2 & New Game 2 for bait and these two for the real deal. Hell yes, Citrus is great and will work very well as an anime I hope. NTR I've only read one volume, it could be good as well.

I'll do a post about Spring 2017 later but yes. Feel free to post about whatever upcoming things you are looking forward to.

Spoiler
FULL METAL PANIC 4
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:15:12 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
Re: Upcoming Anime 2017 (Spring Season)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
Okey, let's look at the Spring shows and see what's exciting.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/spring

Renai Boukun seems amusing since it takes the whole, Death Note but it makes you KISS idea, but it looks like some harem trash so instead I'll be watching The 7 Deadly Sins. No not the shounen, the very promising ecchi. Oh man I have hopes for this show. No stupid guy characters to ruin things! and Yoko Hikasa is in it!  ;D Might be my favorite of the season.

Fukumenkei Noise is my next anticipated one. Finally another shoujo and with music themes! Hell yes. Sakura Quest is a nice looking one from P.A. Works, could be a fun slice of life. Tsuki ga Kirei looks like a good romance show as well, from feel. Eromanga-sensei is the only other show that might be something, though I have very low hopes for it.

So there is much less I am looking forward to next season but the ones I've highlighted, sans Renai Boukun, might be pretty good! As long as I watch 4-5 good shows it's fine. For once it seems action is favored, good if that's your tastes, it's been great for slice of life & moe the last few seasons anyway. But for me there is a music shoujo and that's more then enough, never mind the ecchi. I want to watch some other stuff as well so I don't mind a lighter season.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
Re: Upcoming Anime 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:25:01 AM »
https://myanimelist.net/news/50257178

TEEKYUU 9

This is great, we just need Teekyuu 10, 11, & 12 and then we have a whole series! Come on come on! Teekyuu is a legitmently good comedy to, it has a lot of great jokes. It's a joke for the numbers, I started when Teekyuu 2 aired then Teekyuu 3 sounded big to me but after Teekyuu 4 it's been wild. Teekyuu is amazing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:28:54 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 05:31:47 AM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-05/full-metal-panic-site-removes-fall-listing-for-new-tv-anime/.114397

That's okay atleast we're still getting another Full Metal Panic...maybe, if it doesn't just get cancelled. You know if this means the anime will just be of better quality then fine, I don't want this series to come back looking like Clockwork Planet straight out of 2002 anyway. Atleast we still have Love Live Sunshine 2 for Fall but...the one ultimate anime, the one that nothing could be more exciting...I can't complain because I never ever thought this would actually happen but...damnit.

Also Mikuni Shimokawa didn't do the song in the recent drama CD so chances are she's not doing the OP/ED for this series. That honestly bumps it down a lot for me, this new song is generic, but Mikuni's songs nicely balanced the themes of the series, leaning more on the nice romantic side but still with enough driving energy to represent the action side. Very few if any artists are making OPs as good as Tomorrow and Minami Kaze these days.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:39:37 AM by Manimal »

Offline Justice_Rises

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 02:16:02 AM »
You're missing quite a bit of pretty good anime from this year... (Been gone a while, so I've lost track though  :()

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:54:43 AM »
I have my first impression threads where I talk about more every season. I pretty much made this thread to post about annoucements that excited me like Full Metal Panic 4 and Love Live Sunshine 2. Now it doesn't lok like we're getting FMP 4 this year... :sadbye:

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
Guys...

INFERNO COP SEASON 2 IS HAPPENING!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-09/studio-trigger-announces-inferno-cop-season-2/.117277

Bless all forces to allow this masterpiece to get a sequel. Thank you Trigger, you are great.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 12:27:50 PM »
Gob bless you trigger can't wait!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
Gob bless you trigger can't wait!

Whoa. We pray to the same Gob.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 10:56:05 AM »
Okay so to look at the summer shows we have...things.

Teekyuu 9 has been discussed and needs no further words.

New Game 2 is naturally my hyped one. The first season was awesome, a really nice atmosphere and setting to the show with super bright colours and characters as well as yuri action and in general fun antics. Season 2 will introduce 4 new characters which I'm unsure about but we will see. All I want is more of the white haired girl and less, in fact no Nene at all. Then the show is better!

Netsuzou TRap is the real yuri series of the season. I read the first volume of the manga and it was not amazing but it's certainly something to keep up with. The premise of two girls cheating on their dudes with each other is only going to cause a lot of drama, tension and I'm actually pretty curious how it will progress. 

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Desh!ta is a 5 minute short about a trap coming onto a girl. I think the more interesting factor here is the dynamic which, only in anime could something like this happen. We'll see how it is, I'm actually very curious. It will probably be like the shrine dude banging that girl every episode show with lots of lewd scenes and maybe even some action.

Hajimete no Gal promises to be a super lewd show about a normal guy and a bunch of gal girls who I guess are interested in engaging in enjoyable tourist activities. I think it could actually be something dumb and enjoyable though so we will see. More gal girls but no more Galko.

STOP THE PRESSES! Piko Tarou no Lullaby Lullaby IS AIRING! It's the pen pineapple guy with the art of Onara Gorou. A must watch.

The Reflection is in collaboration with Stan Lee, it has the making of something cool and comicy. It might be something unique among everything else. Or it won't be we'll see.

That's it for me really, that's like 2 shorts, maybe 3 and a few other shows. Huh. That's how it is now I suppose. It would be nice if Love Live Sunshine 2 was airing to make things that much better. Lantis has so far mirrored 2016 with the release of Happy Party Train in Spring and the unit singles around the same time as last year. I suppose the anime is different. Lantis plz, take this time to put Kanan in more scenes.

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
Can't remember if it was particularly lewd or not (seems like they might have upped that for the tv version?), but having read some of the Hajimete no Gal manga, I thought it was incredibly bland.  Given that gyaru types are usually portrayed as delinquents, I thought it might have done something a bit more original, but it's just the same old romance tropes basically.  The main 'gal' character doesn't even have that much of a tan.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 04:06:30 PM »
The PV suggests it will be lewd, or atleast typical anime tease lewd. Large pancakes floppin'. Ya I don't expect anything from it beyond the basics which can get tiring. I would like to see gal characters done more interestingly as well. Galko was a great show but it had a different focus. If Hajimete no Gal is a full length I don't think there will be any reason to stick with it.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
I've got 14 shows lined up for the summer season I plan to watch the first episode of. Nothing really grabs me this season, there's not a show I'm super excited for so I'm just going to go in open minded and see what we get. I'm guessing there should be at least 3-5 I'll enjoy in there.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Little Witch Academia drops tomorrow on Netflix. If I work out in my apartment complex late enough at night, hopefully no one will see me sweating while watching magical little girls. That's not a conversation I wanna have with my neighbors.

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
Everybody be talking about their big boob, and lewdness, while I'm just twiddling my thumbs until Tsurezure Children appears in the next few days