November 24, 2017, 12:31:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Technically Good 'Bad' Anime  (Read 312 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Technically Good 'Bad' Anime
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:02:10 PM »
Describe some really good points about anime you found average or plain bad.

- Name drops and facts encouraged. I mean I don't even know a single voice actor that I recognize or any software used in certain anime. Teach us senseis!

This is for all those ninja music and cinematography afficianados, and everything beyond and between.

We all have anime we hate to our very bones. Anime that we'll tell our children to avoid on pain of disownment. However, they still have things going well for them (?)

This is a topic for anime you found average, or plainly bad, that had really good opening and ending theme songs, voice actors you happen to recognize or amazing art that made you stick around for more than a few episodes.

I ask this because more than anything, I think people don't appreciate how impressive the work put into certain works is. I mean Michael Bays' Transformers will never win any Grammys, and I'm the poorest loneliest soul who loves Star Wars III, but you have to admit the CG effects and music are on point for those things... I hope?

This should probably be a general break room topic, but let's go with Anime for now.

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Technically Good 'Bad' Anime
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:07:03 PM »
I ask this because more than anything, I think people don't appreciate how impressive the work put into certain works is. I mean Michael Bays' Transformers will never win any Grammys, and I'm the poorest loneliest soul who loves Star Wars III, but you have to admit the CG effects and music are on point for those things... I hope?

Don't fret Lego I like the first two Transformer films and the prequels.

Okay.

Mirai Nikki
- Great first opening from Yousei Teikou! Ninth is a solid character. That's it for me but honestly I started to really hate on it after I finished it. There was atleast something there that made me stick through with it even though Yuno and Yuki are awful characters.

Big Order
- Worst anime I've ever seen but again Yousei Teikou do a fine job with the OP and...that's it.

Mayoiga
- The character designs are good and it's so dumb you have to keep witnessing it.

Akame ga Kill
- ESDEATH! I have a shirt of her 'cuz she's cool but the anime not so much to me.

Gotta think of more...

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »
*Singing* 'Domo Arigatou Mr Manimo'

Ah damn, I'll have to give you Mirai Nikki because I always classify it as a guilty pleasure haha. Big Order... I'll torture you with that one for that one.

I've always been sad that Mayoiga was so meh

Akame ga kill lost me at a point, but Esdeath has always felt larger than the anime she's in. She's quite the character for real. She's like Hitagi Senjougahara in how she should not be likeable and should be like everyone else in her stereotype, but she still manages to stand out and be something more epic than that.

I forgot to mention my ultimate mention though: Guilty Crown. Oh gawd, that anime betrayed me so badly storywise, but the people who animated that accursed beautiful anime should recieve high honours for their work. I'll even recommend that first episode now, so long as they see it.

PS: Yusss for liking the first Transformers. I don't know about the sequels but I loved them when they first came out.

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »
You don't have to have guilty pleasures, if you like something then that's cool. Most people do like that show, I didn't.

Ya Esdeath is like separate from the show for me. I like the first Transformers a whole lot, the second one to. Not the other two tho.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »
Kill la Kill was far from average in style, but yeah pretty middle in quality as a sum of its good and bad parts imo. But it's art, particularly the backgrounds, particularly in the first episode, was gorgeous.

Nisemonogatari was also far from average in style, but I didn't like most of it, yet it had the Monogatari series' signature visual finesse and realistic and rich dialogue, however aimless.

Black Butler had a great soundtrack, one of my favorites to this day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7J__ji8Y2c
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:05:37 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »
Kiznaiver... Loved the art, the OP was a standout wonderful song, decently interesting characters with viable character growth.... and a plot and hook that either went nowhere or was dropped in the second half of the anime and a weirdly lacking of urgency/antagonism or villain made the climax really kind of... disappointing, to me it felt like it wanted to be a longer running series and had more to explain and do but never had the time to

Big Order
- Worst anime I've ever seen but again Yousei Teikou do a fine job with the OP and...that's it.

Oh man Big Order seemed so interesting for the first like 2 episodes and then.. talk about wasted potential at every turn it was such a pointless confusing train wreck, seriously its almost worth a watch for just how jaw dropping bad everything is handled