December 06, 2019, 04:13:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [ Free Commission] Writer Looking for an Artist Serious Arists Only)  (Read 1132 times)

Offline pistolblue

• View Profile
Good evening,

My name is Blue (it's an alias). I'm a male in my mid-20s, and I'm looking for a talented manga artist for my writing.

A bit about me:

I've always loved anime and manga and I had a passion and talent for creative writing. When I was a kid, I founded my own manga-writing/drawing club on Yahoo Groups called "Shogun Pride." It amassed over 30 members at its peak. While we were never able to accomplish anything of substance (obviously, since we were all a bunch of kids), I was able to hone my creative mind and writing prowess. By the time I was 19, I began writing my first novel. Since then, I've written 2 novels and a dozen short stories.

Of my two novels, the first book is a comedy/mystery about a man who's spirit goes into the body of someone who's about to be murdered. It's based off an old Slovenian ghost story. The hero believes it's his job to save the victim but has never succeeded. The story is filled with twists and turns and amazing characters who shine through their witty dialogue. My second book is a historical fiction about 2 brothers living in China during the time of the Tiananmen Square massacre. The main story begins just a couple months prior to the massacre, but is a bit of a pulp fiction. The older brother is a member of China's red guard, and in the beginning of the story, he becomes a father for the first time, vowing to show his newborn son a "beautiful world." The younger brother is a notorious street thief who treats Beijing as his personal playground. The story examines the dichotomy between order and chaos as represented both by the two brothers, and in the conflict that will soon engulf them.

If you think you'd be a good fit for my writing, I can send you a sample platter of my works. It'll contain the first chapter of both of my novels, as well as part 1 of a 3-part flash fiction, and 4 complete short stories. All you need to do is send me an email or PM introducing yourself. It would be great if you could attach a sample platter of your artwork as well, if you don't mind.

As for my familiarity with manga and anime, I've seen over 100 animes, and I'm a somewhat respected anime reviewer on myanimelist.com. You can read some of my reviews to get a good understanding of my writing style, my understanding of plot anime and plot structure, and my sense of humor. My most popular review is for Katanagatari, but my most creative review is for Bakemonogatari. My profile name is "smartreviews." There's also a link to some fan fiction I wrote for Baccano! found on my profile page.

Now, as for what I'm looking for. If you've seen the anime, Bakuman, written by the guys who did Death Note, you'll have a good idea of what I'm looking for. While I'm a fairly adequate artist myself, I'm far more suited for being a pure writer. And I am looking for a manga artist around my age who is serious about getting published. In other words, I'm not looking for someone who just wants to have fun. Not to brag, but I have the talent, and I'm looking for someone else who has the talent. My expectations are not unreasonable, however. I understand it's a bit of a pipe dream, even if we're both geniuses. Of my two novels, my first novel was one of the top 10 novels on thenextbigwriter.com for the first three months it came out, and was highly reviewed, but even still, it was not good enough for publishing. However, I did get an advance from a publishing company to finish my second novel. However, I missed deadlines and I lost the contract. It's not easy. But it's possible if you have the talent and you put in the effort. That being said, I do have a day job. So my expectations are tempered. In addition, I wouldn't mind working with multiple artists, and possibly one other writer.

As for the type of manga we will be making - that is something we can decide together once I see your art style. I've written in all sorts of genres, from comedy, to crime noire, to fantasy, to mystery, to romance, to tragedies, to supernatural, to action adventure. The only thing I can't do is plain slice of life. I need something more exciting. I would say my specialty is supernatural mysteries. But I really love writing adventure stories, although I'm really bad at writing action sequences - this is actually one of the main reasons I'm looking to make a manga instead of a book. I know I sound like a bit of an arrogant prick, but I'm really not difficult to work with at all. I'm just being honest with my intentions. Hope no one takes all this the wrong way. Anyways, if you want to discuss, email me. Or reply to this message if you have questions. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:51:31 PM by pistolblue »

Offline Version_K

• View Profile
Re: [ Free Commission] Writer Looking for an Artist Serious Arists Only)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:20:11 AM »
you sound like your serious and that's what I've been looking for. As for the type of style you want the art to be that's right up my alley. I'm studying to be a concept designer for film but i like to draw fan art of my favorite manga from time to time. I have been trained in traditional drawing skills, I'm not one of the "self taught" only draw manga type of person. Let me know if your interested and we can discuss collaborating. I can shoot you some links to some of my work since i still can post it in the forums yet. Hope to hear from you soon.

Offline Lunalegends

• View Profile
Re: [ Free Commission] Writer Looking for an Artist Serious Arists Only)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
What is the skill level you are looking for?