April 18, 2024, 01:26:39 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: [Free Commission] Want Artist to draw cover  (Read 4298 times)

Offline PhoenixFireFlower

• https://www.wattpad.com/user/PhoenixFireFlower
    • View Profile
[Free Commission] Want Artist to draw cover
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:52:23 AM »
Hey,m I am a writer and I have started on a story and will publish it on wattpad and maybe here. What I also plan is to make a manga for it, but will request an artist soon. But what I need now is an artist that could make a cover for it. I have already a sketch of how I want it to look like but I want it to be more polished if you understand what I mean :)

To let you know of the plot here is a summary:

Sakuya Kuroshima moves to Tokyo, Japan to attend the wealthy school Sakuraki High School. While attending school, she meets with a lot of mysterious people and learns that the students from the "New" block are special. Sakuya tries to learn something she shouldn't and unravel many other secrets. Her daily life as a normal girl change when she discovers who she really is and has to adjust how she lives.

Name of Story: Bloodline
Genre: Action, Demon, History, Supernatural, Vampire 

If you feel interested do contact me and I will give more info if you want to know.

P.S: It's my first time posting a topic if I have made a mistake that may have offended you please do tell me and I will try and fix it up :)

EDIT: If anyone else is interested, feel free to draw it but notify me before you do so :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:59:06 AM by PhoenixFireFlower »
Writing is LOVE, Writing is LIFE

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: [Free Commission] Want Artist to draw cover
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:08:30 AM »
Hmm, you would just like the cover, right? I might be able to help you out with that, although my art isn't god-tier or anything. It'll give me something new to try and maybe a new connection in the process. If you would like, you can use the IMG function to post your sketch here and I can see about trying it out when I have the time. It might be a while since I have college and stuff, but yeah.

Admittedly I was iffy about responding and then I saw the word "vampire". I'm a bit notorious for being a fangbanger I mean having a bias towards the blood-ilk. I like to see the new directions upcoming writers take on the old myths and making the connections. Just see my vampire thread under the monster tab wherever that's floating around.

As something of a writer, myself, I can tell from your post that you're starting to develop your way of putting ideas into words, so as a word of advice: don't let your grammar mistakes or anything like that make you feel bad. We all start somewhere, and frankly, there are so many "rules" to writing that it can be absolutely mind-numbing. Just take your time and write something until you like how it sounds, and keep rewriting it if you have to.

I'm not sure why I felt the urge to say that. Who knows? It's like three in the morning right now and I might be losing it slightly.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:32:11 AM »
First: Thank you for taking your time to read my post :) And thank you for wanting to draw my cover. Here is the sketch:
Spoiler

If you want to know the colors too, they are:
Hair: Black, ribbon in hair white 
Dress: White, ribbon around waist red
Chain: Grey
Left wing Angel: White Right wing Vampire: Black
Eyes on top: Like Sebastian Michaelis eyes when he goes to demon form
Background: Colorless for now
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:50:34 AM by PhoenixFireFlower »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:49:41 AM »
Hey, your art's not all that bad! ;D

But, yeah, I have work today and a third shift tomorrow, so at soonest I can start tomorrow before work, or Wednesday. It depends on what my homework turnout looks like. I'll show updates of when I have it penciled, inked, and then the full version to keep you posted on it.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Ah I didn't mention but that is a sketch my little sister did for me ^^ anyway, you can do the cover when you have time of day and It has to be vertical because its a cover I will be using on Wattbad.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »
All right. I'll keep that in mind. I'll bookmark this thread to find it again more easily when I start working.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
Just to pop back in--I haven't forgotten about this! Work has just driven me up a wall. After today, I have a pretty decent break from it, so hopefully I can start actually giving you something at the end of this week. Sorry for all the delays.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »
Do not worry much about it ^^ Take your time I'm in no hurry.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 04:57:52 AM »
Haha! Finally!
Between classes I've been figuring out little things about posing and the like, but I found myself with some time today and finally got to work on a full sized piece of sketchbook paper. These are likely the final preliminary sketches I'm going to make before I start penciling the full piece, although I'm not sure when that will be. You may notice, though, that with the posing, I have her arms set to be at a more upright or T-like position. Since she's in chains, I figured it would be a little more appropriate and "dramatic", as it were.

Based on the reference you gave, I found it a little hard to determine the age of the character, so there are two variations of the body structure and face, in case you would prefer one over the other. I hope this is living up.

Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 05:26:13 AM »
OMG that's nice! I love it and I can't wait to see the final result. Did I fail to tell you her age? I am so sorry. I should of have done that first. Her age is 16.

But I am wondering.... do you do digital art too? It is fine if you can't.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:28:43 AM by PhoenixFireFlower »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
I did see something about high school age, but based on body types, that can still be a little difficult to conceptualize for an age appearance. I'll blend the two for what I can. It's all right. You can relax. I tend to find personalities better guides than numbers for the most part anyway.

I can do digital art, and I have done so in the past, but my tablet broke a couple of years ago and I've just never had the money for a replacement since.
Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »
If you want any more detailed info please pm me or mail me. I feel like I may have failed to tell you some details about my MC bt if you are in doubt, do tell me.

Its okie if you cant do digital art, I thought that a digital art would be perf for my cover but I will take what I get :)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »
(Scrapes self back from the depths of college and work Hell)
(Slides sketchbook over to you)

The first round of pencilling is done. All that I need to add is the wings, and since this progress shot, I have fixed a few minor problems in the design (i.e. arm thickness, the slit pupils not looking even). I hope it's turning out well!

Haha signature go brr.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
This looks nice :)