August 20, 2019, 02:19:03 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: YoUr EyEs Gallery work~  (Read 8375 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: YoUr EyEs Gallery work~
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
I am not good at making folds but, I will try.
Thats the spirit!
It's best that we practice the things we can't do otherwise we wont ever get better!
You can always use a random photo to get an idea of which way the folds would go realistically. You don't have to draw every single fold as a copy, just get the general "oh there's one here, and one over here pointing this way" kinda feel.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2018, 05:51:11 PM »
I am not good at making folds but, I will try.
Thats the spirit!
It's best that we practice the things we can't do otherwise we wont ever get better!
You can always use a random photo to get an idea of which way the folds would go realistically. You don't have to draw every single fold as a copy, just get the general "oh there's one here, and one over here pointing this way" kinda feel.

I will try it out, I certainly need to get folding into art because, imo, they define a drawing with more than what we usually imagine.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »
Our weak imaginations hold us back when creating art just from our heads, because its so hard to recall specific details of things. I try and copy a piece of art or photo directly, then create a similar piece of my own design, but with the same folds or clothing design, from memory. The next day just glance at it, and try and draw another and that will help you to memorize how some clothes look and how the folds go. eventually you start to to be able to imagine/remember the folds in your head (this did happen to me at some point but I could still use improvement haha)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Our weak imaginations hold us back when creating art just from our heads, because its so hard to recall specific details of things. I try and copy a piece of art or photo directly, then create a similar piece of my own design, but with the same folds or clothing design, from memory. The next day just glance at it, and try and draw another and that will help you to memorize how some clothes look and how the folds go. eventually you start to to be able to imagine/remember the folds in your head (this did happen to me at some point but I could still use improvement haha)

That's a great idea!
I think that's like solidifying a foundation, for example, you work on your memory to gain access to not only, remember the folding techniques but also, it expand on your creativity as well.
I saw, your drawings and they look amazing!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »
I think a foundation is definitely a good term for this because you can build off it in different directions depending on your style and the way you want to go, but you still need that basic understanding of how it works.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2018, 03:12:36 PM »
I think a foundation is definitely a good term for this because you can build off it in different directions depending on your style and the way you want to go, but you still need that basic understanding of how it works.

I agree entirely with that, only practice can lead us to where we wish to be, at the level that we want to each.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
Haven't seen me for a while? Well, I am currently working with my friend on a story called "Slayers", I am just doing the arts and helping a little bit with the novel. Will probably post both on Mangaraiders to my parents here. You people are like a family to me.

I am half done with the cover but, since I am still learning on tablet, I keep working on with the old fashion pencil and eraser.

Most are on their chibi version though.
Here goes:

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2018, 05:06:45 PM »
Cool stuff! Glad to hear things are going well!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
Cool stuff! Glad to hear things are going well!

Thanks!
It's probably the best way that I have felt for a long time!
Might as well post another one than.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
good to see you around :)
nice sketches. the transition to digital can be a bit of a pain, much like touch typing you slow down in productivity for a while until you get the rhythm back. looking forward to seeing digital works in the future, and seeing how that story goes!

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2018, 12:55:08 PM »
good to see you around :)
nice sketches. the transition to digital can be a bit of a pain, much like touch typing you slow down in productivity for a while until you get the rhythm back. looking forward to seeing digital works in the future, and seeing how that story goes!

Thanks!
I know what you mean, I am experiencing first hand how difficult that transition is. I seem to have found a new motivation to draw and write again so, there is basically no going away for me anymore.
It will be a good story imo, well, since I am the one making it, ofc I would say that lol.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »
It will be a good story imo, well, since I am the one making it, ofc I would say that lol.
that's the attitude!

Something I didn't realize until years after "successfully" transitioning to digital was that your workflow digital vs. traditional is quite different, in terms of the scale/zoom you work with, and using layers and stuff. Make sure to use the software's abilities to the full to make it do the job for you, rather than trying to keep your traditional workflow and putting effort in for no proper result, as I did :P

And, of course, patience is a must as you will probably spend a lot more time on the same level of drawing at first as you get used to the software and the digital style.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
that's the attitude!

Something I didn't realize until years after "successfully" transitioning to digital was that your workflow digital vs. traditional is quite different, in terms of the scale/zoom you work with, and using layers and stuff. Make sure to use the software's abilities to the full to make it do the job for you, rather than trying to keep your traditional workflow and putting effort in for no proper result, as I did :P

And, of course, patience is a must as you will probably spend a lot more time on the same level of drawing at first as you get used to the software and the digital style.

That may take time to learn and although that I usually am somewhat impatient lol, I think that's something that I can handle.
Thank you for informing me early, I tried to make the transition to digital by trying to implement the same methods that I used with paper and pen lol.

I made one extremely awful one already Oof,  I need to train more lol.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
I might be in the biggest streak of my life lol, I feel like I got my drawing addiction back!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
I might be in the biggest streak of my life lol, I feel like I got my drawing addiction back!
OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
that's what we want to hear!

awesome tiger. the ears might be a little off somehow, but the rest looks great.

perhaps as digital practice you can trace over your traditional works. that saves the effort of making a good sketch while you are figuring it all out.