March 29, 2024, 02:52:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Misyne's stuff  (Read 11904 times)

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
Misyne's stuff
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »
EDIT. Pictures a bit further down the thread :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:50:21 AM by Misyne »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: Misyne's stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
Isn't it funny that Mahlua one looks like a sexy/hipster Daphne from Scooby Doo.

I still don't understand line work myself, but why do you think yours isn't good???

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 09:27:24 AM »
Isn't it funny that Mahlua one looks like a sexy/hipster Daphne from Scooby Doo.

I still don't understand line work myself, but why do you think yours isn't good???

Hahah, I guess you're right!  :D

Well, as I scaled the images down they got kind of fuzzy so it's harder to see, but my linework is really uneven and not on purpose really.

If you look at the work of professionals, you'll see their lines are the same width all throughout the whole artwork, unless they wanted it to look uneven. In my case, I find it hard to keep an uniform width like that in my lines.

With the other picture I drew a sketch, then painted over the shape of it with black and started painting in the details, so I got away with not using lines that much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:29:45 AM by Misyne »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
You really have a nice style there. Despite what you say I like the line work, and the colours work together quite well!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
Not an inaccurate portrayal of me. I realized it one day when I was wearing mostly that Daphne purple in a shirt and I happened to catch a glance of myself in a window or something. Seriously, give me a headband and that dress and I could probably do her a proud.

If you look at the work of professionals, you'll see their lines are the same width all throughout the whole artwork, unless they wanted it to look uneven. In my case, I find it hard to keep an uniform width like that in my lines.
In a lot of cases, I find that in inking, it helps to have thick and thin in your lines to help provide volume and dynamics to the linework, especially in things like light-colored hair. It serves as its own kind of shading, except...with a single line.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 01:07:44 AM »
You really have a nice style there. Despite what you say I like the line work, and the colours work together quite well!

Thank you!! :blush:

In a lot of cases, I find that in inking, it helps to have thick and thin in your lines to help provide volume and dynamics to the linework, especially in things like light-colored hair. It serves as its own kind of shading, except...with a single line.

Yeah, I find it can look messy, however. I suppose it's just a matter of experience, though.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »
I've drawn some more. I feel like I'm slowly finding my own style from the gritty, painty style I've been doing. Been slightly leaning towards horror recently.

Here's a picture of Lego I drew for the other thread:

Here's some artsy-fartsies I uploaded to Deviantart

Thanks for checking it out!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:53:10 PM by Misyne »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »
It's only a sketch at this point, but I felt like posting something. I'm trying to get back into drawing stuff. Though it's more fun to sketch than actually finish anything.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:11:24 AM by Misyne »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:36:53 PM »
"Some edgy metal band" @me

But yeah, I do have more fun sketching than doing full projects, usually. Nice to see you coming around and posting some. Can we hope to see more from you soon?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:42:55 PM »
Probably, I was thinking of posting some (digital) pencil sketches I was doing of some of my favorite Youtubers. If nothing else, I kind of want to have a constant stream of something on here so I'll be able to look back and document my progress as an artist.

I think we've talked about this before, but I'm also thinking of just sketching on paper and posting pictures of those. Though very unforgiving, it's the best way to gain skill.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
I know that feeling. Unless you have a scanner, just so that things show up well, I'd suggest using a dark pencil or a ballpoint pen for sketches. Even if you have a scanner, that would help make sure that it shows up okay on the screen. I say that after my many trials and errors with pencil scans and the like. Then again, being able to use an eraser is nice sometimes.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »
I've had some luck taking a picture and processing it in an app that's meant for 'scanning' text documents. It straightens the perspective and makes some contrast adjustments.

Works okay for pencil or inked stuff. But best of all, it's very quick and easy compared to scanning, especially for someone like me who doesn't own an actual scanner.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:37 AM »
Another WIP. I've been feeling like trying to draw cute things for once. I'm having SO much trouble with that concept it seems. I've spent so much time just with this sketch because I need to keep redoing stuff as it just doesn't look right.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:11:46 AM by Misyne »

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
1) What do you feel that you're struggling with?

2) What kind of kemonomimi is that adorable little creature?

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
Glad to hear she has some hope ^0^
 To be honest, I'm not all that familiar in the terminology, but she's supposed to be like a mouse girl but not too much? I guess the ears are way too large for that though.

Well, I had a lot of problems with the disfigured proportions. I think it's still not quite there, these types of characters seem to be on the chubbier side, without actually looking chubby thanks to the big head.