June 19, 2018, 08:39:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: that new controller feel.... too stiff  (Read 675 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
that new controller feel.... too stiff
« on: January 11, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
so i have ordered myself a computer controller, yes its a bootleg like dealy and all who cares... the joystick is stiff... now let me explain, the controller is a USB Nintendo 64 controller, and to the people that own an N64 know after a while the joysticks start to wobble. i find it really funny that something everyone called a defect or a pain in the ass, i kinda wish was the case

ever have anything you had to REALLY break in before it felt right? (as i am taking the cover off my controller and replacing it with a clear one cause...)

Offline ToxicWaste97

• Random Idea Generator
  • So many ideas, so little motivation...
    • View Profile
Re: that new controller feel.... too stiff
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »
I had a roommate who said that, whenever he got a new controller, it didn't feel right until he's broken it in. Of course, his controllers would only last about six months or so before he replaced them, cause he used them so much.
Inspiration from the strangest places is often the most welcome.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: that new controller feel.... too stiff
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:39:34 PM »
I get that. I had a 360 controller for years and years, but it had a slight defect that caused the left stick to constantly have a slight left tilt signal going at all times. So if I ever let go, my character would just slowly walk to the left. My muscles learned to compensate for it, and now every once in a while I'll realize I'm straying off to the right because my thumb still thinks it needs to compensate.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF