March 22, 2019, 12:27:45 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2017  (Read 61172 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2017
« Reply #1005 on: July 10, 2017, 08:47:10 AM »
It's all about who is at the helm.

Also the US ruins a lot of stuff too.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
Yeah, I think the success rate might be 1:200  :tongue:

I just thought it would be funny if there was blatant theft. But not really theft since they changed just enough for it to be theirs.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 10, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »
I mean I'm still happy overall with the American GITS movie. I seem to be a minority in that department, although it is worth noting that my opinion should carry some weight, considering how many times I've rewatched the movies and Stand Alone Complex (although I've only seen through ARISE once thus far).

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 10, 2017, 11:08:59 AM »
I mean I'm still happy overall with the American GITS movie. I seem to be a minority in that department, although it is worth noting that my opinion should carry some weight, considering how many times I've rewatched the movies and Stand Alone Complex (although I've only seen through ARISE once thus far).

I really liked the live action GITS. was well done i think. To be fair though I'm always left field with films, Everyone hates on the Daredevil film and Green Lantern but i actually enjoyed them!!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Mojakka Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 10, 2017, 11:57:04 AM »
Everyone hates on the Daredevil film (snip) but i actually enjoyed them!!

Dude high five, yes!

I knew there where others who liked that movie...somewhere.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 10, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
Guess who this Chibi MR member is

Spoiler
here is my take on the chibi mr member ;D
Spoiler
mula by marco eukocar, on Flickr

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:36 PM »
Got a dog!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 10, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »
(Perks up)
Rog? Where?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 11, 2017, 06:21:12 AM »
@Nairbons I like dogs until that one night... I always let my dog lick my face. I thought it was cute. But on that night, I found her in the bathroom. I won't say what she did, it was horrible! Now I don't let her lick my face. Plus I read that it's like a dominance thing for dogs to lick your face or something. I already forgot. Don't quote me on it.

@eukocar let's have a chibi battle. Let's say, who can do Putin better? Or Trump better.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:23:53 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• Everybody seem to think I'm Lazy
  • I don't mind, I think they're CRAZY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 11, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »
ok this may start a dumb debate about personal opinions on pizza, i'll end it right here

im *censored*ing serious, no jokes cause im tired of the insults i got everywhere else

anyway so i seen this post where this girl ordered a Hawaiian pizza, good on her, she is going to enjoy what she likes and people should respect that, she gets the pizza and there is a note saying it is gross and the chef couldnt do it an then there's a five dollar bill taped to the bottom of the lid

now minus the people saying she needed to be brought out back and shot, others were going "atleast  she was refunded for the pineapple"

with me i would be going "ok, you denied me what i ordered and then contaminated my food with something a jizz soaked hand could have been touching... see you in court"

like seriously why are people such *censored*ing assholes
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:27:39 PM by BobbyJoeXForgotenSB »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 11, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
While I wholeheartedly agree, I'll just say I'm 99% sure that story actually never happened and the person must have made it up. It's inconceivable for a professional in the restaurant business to put such a nasty, dirty and contaminated thing as money inside a container with food, jizz or not. It shouldn't even occur to them to begin with. Anything's possible in this world, though, so if it did happen, I'll just wish a very swift end to the restaurant in question.

I accidentally joked some, but I'll put it in spoilers:
Spoiler
(I've never used the words 'jizz or not' in a sentence before. It feels strange, but maybe I'll *come* to terms with it eventually. *Jizz because* it's a natural thing, after all. But anyway, I'm sceptical about that story - the internet has *loads* of stories like these.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:22:46 PM by Misyne »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 11, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
@Misyne

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 11, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »
I mean I agree that it was unprofessional (if it did happen) and that the chef should immediately be fired and never work in the food business again.

As for the never-ending debate: here's the thing. Pineapple on pizza itself isn't a ridiculous concept. The problem is that everybody does it wrong. They take a can of pineapples, pre-cut probably, soaked in fruit juice and preservatives, then slop it into a container, then pluck them up to drizzle on the pizza. If you're lucky, they bake it on the pie, but I have yet to find a place that does. Even so, more often than not, it makes the cheese soggy, and the texture difference is gross, and then of course there's that the juice (and preservatives) overpower the other flavors and it doesn't balance well. To fix this, there's a very simple answer, even if you have the pineapple chunks in a can: just grill the damned things. Grilled pineapple has a delicate char that would compliment the other savory flavors of a pizza while maintaining the sweet and slightly sour aspects of it, making the balance more complete, and to boot, the added bit of crunch is actually very pizza-esque. Best of all: no soggy cheese.

But for the record I still abide by the notion that if you're going to call it Hawaiian pizza it should be pineapple and spam. The number one consumer of spam in the United States is Hawaii, and considering I was raised by a very, very Hawaiian father and his food, I can attest to how integrated it is into a Hawaiian diet. While ham is a good choice and more common in pizzerias, it lends itself to the lack of research put into the concept.

TL;DR lol y'all stupid white people ::)

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 11, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
The only thing I know about Hawaiian pizza is that a Canadian made the recipe.

That's about it. :noidea:

It's inconceivable for a professional in the restaurant business to put such a nasty, dirty and contaminated thing as money inside a container with food, jizz or not.

There are plenty of fast food restaurants with incidents like these. My favourites are the Subway incidents. ::)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 11, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
@Vio I laughed my ass off when a subway guy walked out because a youth soccer team came in for their victory lunch.

I was like, "great, now we got to drive to another subway."