September 23, 2018, 02:37:22 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2017  (Read 52657 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2017
« Reply #1410 on: December 24, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
In relation to my previous post: Yes, I did get a haircut. I am now the ginger Skrillex.
I prefer to call it a viking haircut though because Skrillex is garbo.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 24, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
*Approves Of Viking-ness*

:thumbsup:

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 30, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
So I was casually using Geni today when suddenly I found my great grandparents and my tree auto filled out to 99 entries purely from my Grandma's bloodline. My family tree game is hard to beat and it has nothing to do with work of my own...

Really amazing to see. The documents hit a dead end in the 1600's, but every one up to my grandma's generation is on there. So for a recorded 3 centuries her family remained in the same area Ladoga Karelia and only left when the Soviets (dick faces) stole it in the 40's. This is not really interesting to others, but I find family stories, even not of my own, so interesting. We all have these cool tales of how we came to be from...fate? Chance? Something. Every Finn from Karelia is documented by the hardwork of a dedicated few. I even found a page that listed where all the families that evacuated went to. So any distant Russian ancestors from my grandma's side would be from the early 1600's down, so small it's not even worth noting.

I can only hope this much info is available for my Grandpa but it's unlikely. He was born on the exact other side of Finland and his Father changed the family name. No one knows what it used to be, this is info I am burning to know now...a mystery to uncover. Then there are no documents for my Mom's family, I only know up to my Great Great Grandparents there, for my knowledge it's generations of wops. Still the pieces of these stories are coming together more and it's...quite amazing really. Again just a thing that only matters to me but something to say. Like I said we all have these tales and now it's just a big interest of mine. Everyone's stories are interesting though in some way, even if it's from long ago.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:51:34 PM by Manimal »

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 02, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
Hello.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 02, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »
I thought the film was fantastic :thumbsup:

Spoiler
I thought there were several parts that didn't feel right such as Luke attempting to sleep-silence Kylo Ren, the death of Snoke and the sudden romance between Finn and Rose. But the majority of it was great- the new characters, Carrie Fisher's performance, Kylo's character development and the fight scenes.

People on IGN really hate this film, going as far as to say 'Better than Last Jedi at least' on every film review. It's understandable why there are some grumbles among fans but it wasn't exactly sh!tshow either. Disney are just focusing on a different generation this time compared to the last bunch of films and the extra diversity reflects that. Plus, Finn is my favourite fella  :ninja:

Now if Rey had accepted Kylo's offer at the end... that would be something I would want to see as a next film!

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 02, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
The Last Jedi was an average film. It was okay. It didn't have an impact on me like it did when I was a kid and saw all  those clone troopers coming in to save the day in Attack of the Clones.

It didn't hurt my heart like it did to see the clone troopers descent into the evil it became after slaughtering the Jedi order and ultimately becoming the Stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire.

Captain Phasma is my favorite character though. That Chrome Armor is the best.