April 18, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: A discussion about the One Piece anime  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Mr. Stan

• View Profile
A discussion about the One Piece anime
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:36:48 AM »
I think there's already a topic regarding this subject, but it might be forgotten and burried under 10 layers, so I'll start another one.

The first time I've gotten into One Piece is through the anime and I grew up with it. Now I've stepped into the manga when I reached the end of dressrosa in the anime (couldn't take the spoilers from the manga readers anymore).

Since the anime had reached the post-timeskip, it has been getting a ton of hate from the community, because they aren't in animation and pacing anymore. It pains me to see that the anime is suffering from those issues.

Although I acknowledge these issues (especially the pacing, since Toei refuses to make longer fillers), there have been some great animations too, like the Gear 4th transformation, Kaido's introducion, the beautiful episode 767 and even Zunisha's trunk smash.

Recently, Toei got a new chief animation supervisor, the person who was the animation supervisor for the episode of sabo and it seems that he's doing pretty neat job. Do you think that the anime, despite the pacing issues, could redeem itself, or is it dead for you?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:38:57 AM by Mr. Stan »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: A discussion about the One Piece anime
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:55:28 AM »
I'm still a huge anime fan. I just wish they get rid of the 8 minute recap. I"m exaggerating but you know.

The latest episode was okay to watch. I'm excited to see Reiju. Pudding really looked cuted too. I thought they were going to do another opening but they just added some new scenes which was still cool.