July 18, 2018, 10:12:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your Best Writing Memories?  (Read 847 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Your Best Writing Memories?
« on: November 26, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »
Writing tends to be a lot of hack and slashing, when it comes to getting that troublesome script into shape. But did you ever have epic inspired moments of writing/brainstorming that made you forget about the chore and just focus on creating? Where did you have it? If you could repeat some of the conditions of this inspired moment, do you think you could get it done again?

My most recent was when I was waiting for a bus after my part time job frm work. I literally had nothing to do, and preferred scribbling something in my book than looking around like a lost person. It was a 15 minute session of pure by hand writing, and the best thing was it was in German! That was really fun.

So what about you gals and guys?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Best Writing Memories?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:55:04 PM »
I have had a few rare dreams, where I would wake up in the middle of the night, and go into a flurry of work. Mostly it comes in the form of edits, changes to previous ideas that just come to me.

That and some of my long car rides between college and home on the weekends. Mix long drives, pop music, and that sort of meditative state you can reach, and it leads to many good ideas.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »
I think my most recent explosion of inspiration came in the form of Inari Standoff  :-\ As soon as the idea popped into my head, I ended writing the first two chapters like they were nothing. The closest thing since that was Jazz, Lights, and Vampire Bites. That chapter felt oddly interesting to write. For some reason, I had it in my head to mix the romance and lethality of loving a vampire with the atmosphere of Film Noir and the usual silent film intertitles. They blend way too well, and I kind of wish I had thought of it sooner, but oh well.

Generally, a good story or chapter will come to me with just a vague flash of an idea, and I work it out as I write it. Exploration of different kinds of music or classic films usually help result in those inspired works.

Offline YuumaKuuga

• Jetstream Lover
  • In the dead of night it will be all right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:00:16 AM »
God, it might sound weird, but a good bit of my best creation came from me dreaming. I had this story hit me in the head and I would get up in the morning and write the hell outta it. Its the current story I'm working on, and I might not keep 100% detail to it right now, but its sure fun to write. I stay up late just writing it right now. The best thing that helps my work along is music. Whenever I work, I make sure to pop on some New Order or some other band and put my mind to work. And I think one of the things that helped me get more into writing is that I have to much imagination, and I always seem to have some world or story in my head. Its been like that since I can remember  :tongue: But all in all, the critics and everything that comes along with the work might be hard, but its still fun for me in the end run.

Now how do I explain that I dreamt about a gender bender story?  :hmm:

Hey look, a wild waifu appears. AKA Chandra Naalar

Offline ThatGuy80

• Will rule the world... When I feel like it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
Well, some of the best memories I've had of writing are when I was with friends and one of us randomly came up with an idea. Before we knew it, there was a story. xD Recently though, I've been getting ideas in my head and just rolling with it. The other day, I thought of an idea for a story and I had typed it up, revised it and submitted it to a magazine within one day. I should have checked through it more, but it was like a trance and I felt I had to do it. Still waiting to hear back about that actually, but oh well. It was a unique experience, because I felt like I went from start to finish, quicker than I ever had before.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Beholder Of The Piirakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »
My best writing memories are the times when I actually had inspiration! Ha ha, that comes and goes. There have been some nights of fantastic inspiration where I've written chapter after chapter, in my script format of course. With writing I tend to explode a whole bunch of chapters in a limited span and then completely lose all motivation for months.

Nowadays I just write lyrics all the time. In class I listen to people and pick out random sentences and things to put in. This results in phrases like "Can't use the legs, can't use the skis". That's the only real "writing" I do now. Stories are glorious when ideas strike but it doesn't happen enough. I've found recently listening to music hinders me greatly, ever since I started making songs I've been listening to music so closely, plotting how I can become as good. ASMR on the other hand, that's the stuff. Writing with PPOMO in your ears is a whole other experience. That stuff man, when it works it works.

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »
I'm back! Yay! Been a while since I was here and this is an older post but I'll toss my hand in anyway.

The times I get most motivated to write are when I have a friend who's expecting something from me. I share ideas I have with them and they give me feedback and things tend to go quicker once we've ironed everything out.

My favorite part of writing though isn't the actual writing. For me it's that moment when my friends and I get together and act out the story itself. We do that with our fan works and it's so much fun. Looking forward to that gives great inspiration and I feel like I can write more when I know that's around the corner.
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »
I'll also add to this, since there are a lot of times where I can get inspiration. Normally, it comes to me in two different ways: either in the shower, where my mind is clear and the hot water washes away distractions, or before bed, where I'm relaxing and giving my mind free roam on anywhere it goes.

I always have trouble starting things, but once I get in the groove, I find myself just writing. Of course, I love having an outline, which is what I usually write as soon as the inspiration hits and I still have the energy. I had a huge bump of that over the summer, which you may remember. It's dulled, but I'm trying to work on building up the same for this winter break before I have to get back to school in January. Work's making it a little difficult, but I don't mind it. I like the challenge. It gives me structure to my day, and I love my structure. It's the rising Virgo in me (and Virgo in Mars).

Offline ConceptOfInsanity

• It's All Conceptual.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 08:56:10 PM »
Not really a memory, but the LN I'm working on, called RuiN, is great. It's fun to write, and I mase a chapter a day [until my artist quit due to family problems.]
It's Simple, Yet Complex, The Reason Why We Exist.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 11:31:37 PM »
My best writing memories are actually of poetry and lyrics. Mainly poetry because it allowed me to capture that abstract, that feeling or atmosphere that can't really be described normally because of the limitations of language. Like some dream or memory I was unearthing. The same as when I create music. Lyrics are a bit different because, most of the time, the music is already established, and I don't really have that freedom to create the atmosphere with words. Which is fine with me, but I like that aspect of standalone poetry. It's like directing a film. I approach music like that too in a way which is probably what limits my lyrics so much.

Offline CaptUsopp

• The horizon on the other side.. is what I aim for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
One of my best writing memories came last term in a Biology lecture, wayyyy too early in the morning.

My professor is actually pretty good at keeping lecture semi-interesting. He was going on about plants and photosynthesis when he got off track on some 'what ifs'. What if this happened? Or what if humans had this? These questions made something click. I immediately started writing and sketching any and every idea that came to mind. My professor was probably wondering how in the hell I could be taking notes on something that had almost nothing to do with the actual material.

After class, I rushed to my car, sped home, and went straight to my desk. So many ideas were wrote down in that hour or so. Actually one of my favorite characters and possible arc is thanks to that day, so.. School isn't so bad, right?  ;D

Here's the sketch from that day..