December 12, 2017, 10:38:06 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Reminiscence MR  (Read 747 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Reminiscence MR
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:48:03 PM by legomaestro »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reminiscence MR
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:26:23 PM »
1 - Little Talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6oja2vb4jM

The world pulses once it seems, and The Raiders of Mangaraiders all wake up. They have been in various forms of sleep, with fluffy earmuffs and Saitama pyjamas and Haruhi hug pillows.

Some even sleep in full body armour, and the best thing about being on this side of the world is it doesn't even have to be made of plastics, or follow pesky regulations against safety and the like.

The Raiders all wake up when they hear the call of the city. Actually, it's an alarm, sent telepathically through everyone’s' minds and making them all battle ready for what they knew was yet another invasion. Yet another mission.

They all pile out of windows, and when I say all of them, I mean all of them. Mangaraiders of old and new, and those known only by a few. They are all piling out of windows, running across the rooftops, an army of pyjama wearing pillow hugging tired but ready to fight Raiders.

Hasith and Corycaly are suspiciously at the head of the pack, already on the rooftops and ahead of the squad. Surely rumours will continue about them renting the same apartment. (Although, it's pretty much taboo to wonder where a Raider lives. That is a taboo that was almost broken once. A story for another day.)

Cory is wearing a black vest and has a teddy bear, believe it or not, but doesn't look less prepared than anybody else. Even as Hasith skids to a halt next to her, MR-tan appears in a state of half sleep and rubbing her eyes,
"The bad guys are here again. Make them go away."

"How many?"

"It's trolls again. And spam ninjas." MR-tan pouts, seemingly more annoyed at her lack of sleep than the intrusion, "Get rid of them. I don't want my other sisters to have to see their nastiness."

"Understood." Hasith and Corycaly say, even as the others line up behind them.

"Mods. You lead the groups. The others, just make sure any of the other Raiders are safe. We'll upgrade you for tonight to be able to fight the spam ninjas and the likes. The younger ones - go back to bed!"

There are some groans, and some laughs, and some aye-aye sirs, and some Hasith-and-Corycaly-are-totally-datings, and some Coryn-and-Doodler too, and some that's not trues,
but generally a chorus of agreements and acknowledgments.

And they fan out.

By Haruhi, they fan out. In streaks of color and instant teleportations and with flares of power ups, they go after their quarry.

And Legomaestro watches this all, pausing for a moment, because he's in his black trench coat. He's only worn a pyjama once in his life, and it's so long beyond memory not even fondness saved it from being forgotten, and he knows that it's not Coryn, Doodle and Sai anymore, nor Monsterful. It's him, Coryn, Churro and the ever elusive Musick.

He doesn't want to admit it, because the night is just starting dammit! There are already explosions in the distance - LOOK.

Fighting is going on. And action, and this is just about the part where someone says a cool line and the theme song starts. (Here we come flying proud, nananana nanana, Mangaraiders coming to town)
But he's just got to say it. It's as annoying and sad as when someone tells you 'You are now breathing manually'

He sighs, "It's a dream."

And believe you me, he swears when he says it.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qelMAPHmlS0

Legoh  wakes up in bed on a cold morning with that swear on his mouth and knows he's become the dreaded old man he never wanted to be - he's started thinking very fondly of the past.

He starts getting ready, knowing that he's late to the building, knowing that there probably won't be a briefing today. Hadn't been a few in months.

He doesn't even take the rooftops. He takes one of the buses and looks out the window.
The sights of the streets do not inspire him. Nor does the MR Tower.

He walks in, takes the elevator to the 77th floor and it opens to the unused floor of the MR Tower that no one has ever thought to access - but has tight security.

It's the mod room. There are panoramic windows that look out on the city, and the sight is grand no matter what he is feeling, but no one is there.

Legoh walks up to the window and presses the bottom of his right fist against it, looking down at the sight with cold eyes.

"Everyone having something to do is not the problem here."
He whispers to himself.

"The problem is the emptiness of them leaving everything behind."

"Talking to yourself now?" Coryn says as he walks into the room, tossing an apple, letting it float in an orb before throwing it to another orb that flew around his head.

"Coryn Sken."

"I dropped Sken a long time ago dude."

"Yeah, I wonder why." Legoh asks. He pauses for a moment, "Honest question."

"Blame it on my-"

Legoh puts up his hand "No." He sighs and looks out the window, "Nothing much today then? I guess I'll go get other stuff done."

Coryn nods with a grin, "Do that." and decides to eat the apple after all. He walks up to the window, he nods in appreciation of what he sees with his calculating eyes.

Legoh stops at the door,

"Yo. Coryn."

"Yeah?"

"Honest question here. A bit strange but I've got to ask."

Coryn raises his eyebrow at the reflection in the glass. "What's up?"

"Is MR done?"

Coryn grins and turns around. "Nope. Why would you ask that?" He asks.

Legoh sees the expression on his face - He's telling the truth. He might as well plunge ahead,
"Everyone moved on you know? Hardly any of them even looked back once. And look at how long we've been here. I don't see the spark anymore. It feels... Like a chore."

"That's normal dude. There's always seasons of non-activity."

"Who's your favourite junior member here Coryn, if we're even bothering counting that sort of thing anymore."

"I don't really have any. We have a lot of promising new people every day."

"Yeah, the Head of The Science Division doesn't know names and numbers. I believe you." Legoh murmured. "So you're honestly not concerned at all?"

"Nope."

Legoh believed him, and to be honest, it put him at ease a little, but what was that feeling again? That nagging thing that told him his dream was a dream? Something he didn't want to hear said or thought out loud?

He manages to carry the thought up to till he steps out on the street outside of The MR Tower. It's always in the face of boring city scenery on yet another morning that ideals and values and hope vanished like the wind.

"I'm done here, I think. I'm done with this place."

And of course, what a better time for someone to stroll by by your most private dark thoughts than the ex-enemies of your city, Akan and Achan, former card carrying members of The 4 Kids Censorship Unit.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:09:20 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »
Oh no Lego, you're gonna get me all depressed.

Remember bro, we get new members every day, we have tons of great people around still. It's just we've gotten farther on ourselves. It's hard to see it on the same level that we used to. But I promise, the magic is still there.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »
Hahaha I hear you man, this is a lot of just having my MR avatar do his own thing to get the Canon rolling a little more than me raegquitting or anything. It's like Lego Gets A Job in that sense.

I'm not sure how coherent it'll be but I hope to set up something event wise from the new MR stories I work on.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 07:12:20 PM »
2 - Bribery and Conversation

After the events that transpired during the Dystopic Blades incident (Where 4 Kids sent three of their agents - Acediem the Procastinator, Akan and Achan - to infiltrate MangaRaiders and trap its key members in a simulation world) the Raiders emerged victorious.

Thanks to the powers of time travel, the trapped members reversed this diabolical plan (Trust me, it was harder than you think) .

4 Kids was beaten - More than they expected. Their former organization had already been crushed during their master plan and was now 4LicensingCorp. They had no future or present-past to return to.

MR-tan erased one agent's (The Procrastinator's) memories and sent him into the desert, but had mercy on Akan and Achan and let them stay in the city under watch.

Legoh had never been happy about that, and he felt even worse about it all now that they'd just overheard him.

"Great." He said to the two of them.

Akan was a short girl with ram horns, and if she hadn't been instrumental in trapping him and the others in an alternate world he would have found her cute.

Achan on the other hand was taller, She had two goat-like horns that pointed upwards.

"You didn't hear me did you?" Legoh asked.

"We totally heard you." Achan said in a deadpan voice.

Akan mimicked a depressed person, hunching over, "Oh... I think I'm done with this place. My life sucks."

"Can I bribe you both to forget?" Lego asked without hesitation.

Achan and Akan responded immediately, "One million credits and the location of Ecchiworld."

"No!"

"Too bad for you, then."  They said before turning to walk away,

"H-Hey! Wait up!"

This is bad... How could I be so careless.

"C-come on guys, what would you even do with what you overheard? Hahahaha!"

Akan brushed her throat as she made an exagerrated speech, "Oh look at MangaRaiders with its superficial bravery! Would you believe what I heard, Achan-chan? Legomaestro, a moderator of this amazing forum said..."

Achan blocked her ears, "Do not tell me such lies!" She clutched at her heart, "Oh, don't tell me terrible things about this place that I've come to love!"

"Oy oy oy oy. I understand, Okay? You don't need to go further, alright? Threat understood! Threat comprehended! Stop it!" Legomaestro sweat heavily.

Achan and Akan turned and looked at him. They had lost all signs of their humour,

"Why should we?"

Lego looked at them, and saw that they were serious.

He cleared his throat, crossed his arms and looked proud,

"I'll do whatever you want... So long as it doesn't go against the Rules of Mangaraiders, I shall comply, okay! Trust me, this is a big, big offer."

Achan and Akan looked at eachother with disgust, then at him,

"Aren't those just comedic rules that don't actually affect how the forum works?"

"Rule 36. Raider only forgives if BRIBED" Achan said.

"Rule 48. ????"  Akan pronounced perfectly.

Legomaestro was astounded, "How the hell do you know these rules"

Akan and Achan replied in unision, "Blame it on our-"

Lego held up his hand, "Stop for the love of Haruhi."

He sighed,

"Come on, guys... Enough with the jokes... Enough with the jokes that make you look kawaii as heck and I want to kidnap you but yes... Enough with the jokes..."

Achan hugged Akan. Akan looked at Lego with disgust,

"You pervert."

"Hey, that's an honour to hear by some otaku... Anyways... Tell me what you want."

Akan glared at Lego.

Lego stared at her.

Akan glared, "You still think you're having it tough."

She laughed bitterly, "Let me tell you a little about 4 Kids, then."  She said.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:28:07 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »
Careful Lego, attempted murder makes them more cute depending who you ask.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »
But yandere is life so I don't understand what the issue is here...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »
3 - Bribery and Conversation II

"It's not like we didn't know our opinion was unpopular, it's not like we didn't think sometimes - Hey, maybe we're ruining anime for other people? But we had a better mission than our feelings. We wanted to cut out the perversion fraught within anime. People underestimate that sort of thing."

Lego crossed his hands, "You literally tried to kill all of us, invade the city, destroy this place, and you're starting with a propaganda spiel of how great 4kids was?"

Akan pointed a large .454 Casull revolver at Lego.

"That's fake."

"Peh." Akan said as she pulled the trigger and a flag came out, "You're not fun."

"And you're a prisoner of war. Be thankful that you can be out here joking with us."

"Meh, anyways, we loved our job, even if you hated it. And our organization structure? You have no idea what it's like, having a purpose, being part of the team, knowing what to do every day."

Lego thought a little, "I do... I guess."

"But then 4kids... Changed. And I'm not talking about them abandoning us to the mission in that alternate world, I'm talking about how far they went. It became less of making cleaner, acceptable art, but more about the power, the money."

"You didn't complain about it when you were doing it. You almost took my head off with your Revolver. Not to mention when you attacked us during the remote fiasco."

Akan waved her hand dismissively, "It was just the job, but by then, I had already lost all sense of fun for it all. It turns out, no matter how smoothly things are running, if you're doing everything for a nice black number on your paycheck at the end of the day, ignoring everything else just for the sake of 'the mission', you lose a little something. Achan's so innocent, she was still having fun, but for me, I don't even know what I wanted to do anymore. I was skilled, but I didn't know what to do anymore. 4kids was strong, and they live on as 4LiscencingCorp, but they're not even a meme anymore, they exist, but are just dead."

Lego paused for a moment, "... So? I don't see your point."

"I'm saying these things happen, and you're probably focusing on the wrong things."

"Shut the hell up." Lego said.

Akan glared back at him, "You shut the hell up."

"No you."

"No, you."

They continued like this for a bit, until Achan spoke up, "Eeh... It's a bit cold out here. Can we get the favour?"

Lego grit his teeth, "Yeah, we're done here. What do you want. And you better stay quiet!"

"Trust us. We know how to keep secrets."

"Mmm." Achan agreed, nodding her head.

Lego went to work the next day. The same morning, the same bus, the same elevator to the 77th floor, the same mission briefing.

Coryn was looking over something in his archives. He always had that distant look when he did it and his eyes looked weird.

"I'm trying to understand why we suddenly got charged for a box load of all sorts of rated R and comedy anime from Ecchiworld and Awazon dot com. We all stream anime here, sounds like someone is planning on a legendary binge watch or something... Pretty expensive stuff too."

Lego shrugged, "Iunno. Got time for a beer, man?"

"We're on duty, you know. You never know when some random spam ninja attack happens."

"Geh, you're an old whipper-snapper." Lego said.

He split in two. Legoc sighed, "You want to go drinking again don't you."

Legoh patted the catman on the shoulder, "You got it. Work hard, sourpuss."

"Haruhi-damn it." Legoc said as Legoh vanished from view, "Lazy scum." He sighed and walked away, but
Coryn asked, "What's up with him? Drowning his sorrows?"

"Something like that." He said, brushing his shoulder, "He was creepily friendly to me though. Something has put in him a good mood."

"That's some rare news right there."

Legoc glanced at Coryn, "Yeah. It is." And he vanished from view, off to patrol the forum.

In their modest apartment, Akan and Achan began binge-watching anime.

At first, their room had been sparse of furniture and the like, but over time through some careful blackmail and puppy-eyed looks, they'd been getting more and more favours from Raiders across the forum.

To be honest, they could escape whenever they wanted, however, as far as they were concerned, though they'd never admit it, they were back home.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:29:38 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
So that's where the monthly bribery fund keeps disappearing to.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »
Wait there's a bribery fund?! Phew, then we're in the clear.

This story really tempted me to go to Days of 1,000 Styles. Infinite MR Stories generator, that one is.

This story will have one last chapter before I'm done. Between your bleach fan fic and the writers' rust I'm suffering, it's doing wonders getting back into writing MR Canon

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
4 - Telling Stories

Legoh sat down and drank a beer. Against his better judgement alone, without even the company of the therapeutic presence of Pub-tan and the pub in general. Legoh felt like a tsun-something sometimes. He liked brooding ,but he knew it was never a good idea. But it was an old, immortal habit that refused to die.

The problem was, Legoh knew, nobody would or could figure out how to help him if he kept stuff to himself. Sure, people could telepot, shoot lightning from their fingertips and level buildings with sonic waves, but no one could read minds. It was basic common sense.

He had things to work though. He held up a bitcoin - one of hte many random tinkets one could find lying aound the steets. As he watched, he warped one side to match his face, and the other to match legoc`s.

He then proceeded to flip it. Again and again. Thinking, thinking.

"Now I have a decision to - " He began, but was interupted by a voice.

"Hey!" Legoh looked down to see GreenBeverage. One of the newer members of the forum. With her writing prowess and critical eye, she seemed to be a promising addition to the population of the city.

She waved a paper up at the moderator, "Do you -ribbit - know how I can contact Hasith? I wanted to rent a Kaos Sphere in the Writer`s District for a project of mine - ribbit - ."

Kaos Spheres were giant simulator rooms that had a more interactive role than Kaos Kubes. More roleplays.

Legoh grimaced. Hasith never liked those. They put too much of a strain on MR-tan, who could barely hold the city together as it was with all the random shenanigans that occured. Any sub-realities always taxed the code. 

Legoh had mixed feelings, but all in all was glad to see a new member interested in something that by its very nature encouraged other raiders to participate and be part of the community. Heck, the Kill the above Arcade was still a mega-hit even after the legendary Mortal Combat vanished.

There seemed to be a great interest in raiders doing harm to eachother, for some odd reason.

"Hey there... Green right? Hasith usually isn`t big on that sort of thing, but tell you what I`ll speak to him okay? And good luck on your project!"

"Okay! Thanks!"

With that done legoh sought another high place to beer and brood at, only to bump into Vio on his way to the artists district, deep in conversation with suuper, Nair, Toxic and Gabryel. It felt like aeons since he saw such activity, let alone some of these raiders in these parts.

"Huh." Legoh said to himself.

"Oh! Hey there lego! How goes things?" Nair waved cheerily, his face hidden by his tiki-mask. Suuper waved at him as well and legoh responded with nods and waves, hoping to leave them to their business, but still curious and sort of happy to see them around.

"Hey, lego, am I still on the blacklist?"  Vio asked.

"First rule about the blacklist - you don`t talk about the blacklist."

Vio sighed, "What am I even on it for again?"

"You know... I actually forget why."

"Hey!"

Legoh waved hurridly, "Blame it on Coryn. He`s the bureaucrat . I just blow things up." He took off before any of them had a chance to respond.

---

Almost like clockwork, he bumped into yet another situation. Legoc was facing off against a hoarde of spam ninjas, and having a bit of a tug time too. At the moment he was engaged wit a russian spam ninja that insisted that he was a nigerian prince, and was hoping that legoc could please give him his bank account number so that he could transfer funds and also flee the country because he was going to be killded.

"If I had such creativity I`d be a best-selling author." Legoh commented as Legoc dodged a round-house kick. Taking the chance, he plunged his laser claws into the ninja, and he dispersed.

"That took you long enough." Legoh commented.

Legoc almost spat, "It`s nonsensical how weak I am in this individual form."

"Well, we are technically dead and in our after life forms. Our strength may be high, but its finite, and won`t increase anymore no matter how much we train."

"It was genius, melting down your halo, dumbass! Now we can`t get back to normal!"

"Hey, you try fighting pre-cyborg Coryn without looking for some cheap power up. Dude was OP."

"Tch." Legoc turned and jumped, vanishing behind a building without so much as a farwell.

Legoh shook his head and went on his way.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBOKqUuYc4

And in this manner the day was spent putting out fires and generally failing to find some time for himself.

Somwhere along the line legoh forgot what had been bugging him, instead listening to the radio as duty kept him too busy to even start thinking about his melancholic feelings about the forum.

Finally he found himself smiling at how things seemed to be moving after all in the city - it wasn`t as dead as he thought. He could even contemplate his long-abandoned projects in the writers`district with a modicum of anticipation rather than writer`s guilt.

It was enough that he was a raider. The city, come high or low always had stories to live in, stories to share, stories to tell. That was fine by him.

END
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:13:00 PM by legomaestro »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
Well this was a nice little project. I don't know why I didn't see or comment on it before. MRverse really is helpful, isn't it? Especially for just doing things and enjoying the flow of writing again.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »
You can say that again. I`m wrapping up projects I`ve left hanging too long. I seem to have enough steam for writing, but I have no idea how to deal with the darned drawn projects.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
That's why I'll often draw the first six pages of a comic and never do anything past that, lol. I do enjoy making the comics as I'm doing it, so I might try continuing it eventually, and maybe one of these days I'll have nice full-page stuff to put up here, but I mean, what can you do, amirite?
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 07:55:02 PM »
A conclusion at long last it would seem. Glad to see you wrap it up! Finishing a project is good for the soul.

Though don't blame me for the hall incident. There's more than one way out of Hell. At least you got to keep your powers.