September 26, 2017, 05:54:16 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: [Collaboration] Looking for an Artist  (Read 342 times)

Offline GuyFromYonder

• The Writer
  • If you give up, you won't get any better!
    • View Profile
[Collaboration] Looking for an Artist
« on: November 11, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
I think it's best if I clear this up sooner than later: I cannot promise that you will be paid. This is a collaborative project, so pay varies depending on whether this webcomic/manga is popular or not.

Hey, I'm Noah (known as GuyFromYonder on here) and recently I've decided that it'd be an interesting experience to write a manga. I won't lie, I'm new to this site and the concept of creating manga, so bear with me as you read this and comment or PM me with any questions or concerns pertaining to this project.
Here's a bit of background information about myself:
Spoiler
Before I set my heart on writing manga I helped write visual novels then moved onto writing some short stories, so I have a pretty good understanding of writing and literature. I mainly write Slice-of-Life, Romance and Drama and I like to include a wide variety of different characters in each piece. I began writing novels for a while, but I decided that they took far too long to write and that they were only rewarding after it's finished, whereas manga and web comics are rewarding with each new release, no matter how long or short. If you want to see some of my most recent, unfinished works, PM me and I will send them to you on Google Docs or Google Drive.

Basically, I'm looking for a dedicated artist that can work for free until the web comic/manga has really kicked off, so no promises are made on the payment. I'm lenient on the art style and I won't hold many standards on how the art should look; I know how difficult it can be to draw this stuff, so I really don't have room to critique :tongue: If you can, at least send a sample of your art (i.e. a character you've drawn and perhaps a background) so that I can have a general idea of what and who I'm working with

I'd like to collaborate with an artist to write a Slice-of-Life web comic/manga that will hopefully allow the reader to feel the emotion of the characters in the story.

The concept is as follows:
Spoiler
Plot:
The protagonist (name is WIP) suffers mental traumatization after a school shooting in his old school. In efforts to clear his mind of the incident, the protagonist moves and transfers to a new school. However, he is constantly depressed and refrains from making new friends as that would lead to remembering old memories at his old school. Even worse, however, is that the protagonist fears losing new friends. He is scared that he will lose his new friends just as he did before.
At his new school, a variety of different characters are introduced, clearly coming from a background that they spent years together in. Some of these characters happen to be in the protagonist’s class. Noticing that the protagonist is clearly troubled, a normally cheerful girl (name is WIP) aims to cheer him up. It’s no use. The protagonist shrugs her off, fueling a determination to make him happy, creating one of the first  arcs of the manga/web comic.
Small yet symbolic events throughout the manga trigger the protagonists memories to recur, either causing him to return to his social shell, spill out pieces of his past, or make him break down, depending on the importance of the event brought forth to his memory. Piece by piece, the recurring memories will reveal the protagonist’s past to both the readers and the other characters.
I plan to develop each character as evenly as possible, and ideas for the plot can easily be tossed around between me and the artist.
If you want anymore information about future plans or any specific details about the web comic/manga, PM me and I'll provide more information.

If you have any questions or concerns AT ALL, please comment or PM me and I will reply as soon as possible. Thank you for taking your time to read this and consider my offer :D

EDIT: Here's a link to my introduction: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17094.0.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:09:01 PM by GuyFromYonder »
There's always room for improvement!

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
Re: [Collaboration] Looking for an Artist
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:44:47 PM »
please post an introduction in the welcome center, people dont usually collab with people who they dont know anything about

Offline GuyFromYonder

• The Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »
Will do, thanks for the advice!

Offline GuyFromYonder

• The Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
please post an introduction in the welcome center, people dont usually collab with people who they dont know anything about

It's posted! Here's the link:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17094.0.html