November 18, 2017, 04:18:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Cosmic Thief Silvia  (Read 876 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Cosmic Thief Silvia
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
Something I've been wanting to work on for awhile, has finally gotten off to a start!

"Cosmic Thief Silvia" is a magical girl story, involving music, alien girls, a Prince from a powerful planet, and a corrupt police officer. The main character is Silvia Twilight, and she and her comrades the "Galactic Girls" travel the galaxy using a girl band as a front to try and stop these evil doings.

This is a bit new for me as its a combo of maho shojo and sci fi, the latter not somethign I've done before.

So the first four pages are being put up as a preview. If youv'e seen my previous work and enjoy it, or you like where this is going, consider supporting me on Patreon. Then I can continue this aswell as other works. Your support goes towards the creation of more pages.

Enjoy!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Thief Silvia
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
Wow, that opening scene was really relaly good stardust! I just loved the skyscraper scene.

Random question: If you had music to this what would it be?

Sci fi is a pretty interesting direction to go. As far as Patreon goes I'm pretty cheap as they come, but go ahead and post the link methinks.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:46:11 AM »
Well with music unfortuantley very few songs are public domain(hope that changes in the future), but I can reference titles and artists easily. I would like to reference Queen a fair bit becuase thats who the mian charactre, Silvia admires. Otherwise though I've been writing some "songs" for the girls to sing themseleves. Becuase I think lyrics add more to it than just pages of open mouths. Full Moon Wo Sage*censored*e the Manga does this, has words and even visuals like a picture music video. I'd like to do he same.

If I could put in actual music mind it would vary from girl to girl. Like I said, Silvia is into Queen, but other characters to appear prefer rock, so in that case it'd be Aerosmith, KISS, and another techno, so tht'd be Daft Punk, etc etc. Bit of a mixture I suppose.

https://www.patreon.com/stardustpink
Thanks. Even if I got like a single dollar from a handful of people, it would really help out.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:47:42 AM by stardustpink »

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 05:48:53 AM »
Very nice, especially the futuristic cars. I'm so bad with vehicles, I always admire people who are good with it (or aren't and just kick their own butt through it)  :thumbsup:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 06:52:20 AM »
Wait you like Aerosmith, KISS, techno and Daft Punk?! Haha I had no idea! Pretty cool collection there.

I'll keep the comic in mind for sure.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
Wait you like Aerosmith, KISS, techno and Daft Punk?! Haha I had no idea! Pretty cool collection there.

I'll keep the comic in mind for sure.

Heheh, well, actually Im more into songs than bands. If I had to chose bands I like, it'd be The Beatles, Daft Punk, Lady Gaga. But I like a variety of songs and I try to make them fit each character. The girls in this comic have a variety of tastes that fit THERE personalities. I probably know alot anyway, rather ecclectic person

Thank you!

Offline rnightlove9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »
 :noyoudon't: :thumbsup:
This is a bit new for me as its a combo of maho shojo and sci fi

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
Silvia is coming along so well. I've been feeling so motivated after recieving generous donations both on Patreon recently and on Kickstarter. I'm so very grateful to ya'll out there, both donations and encouraging words helps keep me going. So consider posts like this a return for it.

Some of the mpst recent pages were alotof work, bit turned out pretty fantastic so worth it I suppose. On a side note I feel like I've gotten much better on my backgrouns, using a lot of collected resources. Perspective is tricky but, gotta just try yer best.

So in these pages the stories gettin really underway I reckon. We see more of the young boy who appeared in te opening, and have had him meet our herione. Lets see if we learn more about im aswell as Silvia perhaps.

Edit: For some reason page seven isent showing up right. Will try and fix it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:09:01 PM by stardustpink »

Offline RightWrite

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
The skyscraper looks amazing!! Also, all of your shading is fantastic.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »
Pleased to say, gotten to the first, but not last, climatic scene in Silvia! Were only halfway through but I consider it one of the most important parts in this particular issue, so it feels good to get there. While difficult it was fun to draw too. I think magical girl is probably my favourite anime genre so I rather liked doing the transformation scenes.

SO, weve reached the first climax of the story. BUT not the end. So keep watching folks, were only halfway through.

Offline MatsumotoTrix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
Hahaha, just had to comment on your representation of crowds. Very interesting, never seen it that way before. Good job ;D