March 29, 2024, 06:29:49 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Visual Novel Collab  (Read 9846 times)

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Novel Collab
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »

Quick question, are you guys in a rush? I'm -sort of- interested in helping out art-wise /character concepts, game sprites/, though time is currently erratic with me nowadays. Q u Q

We're not in a huge rush, no. We still have to write out the entire story we're working on so that's going to take a significant amount of time. It's going to be a large project but we already have a cut-off point planned from the beginning of the game to show off our Alpha version and open it up to user input. As of now we would only need 4 sprites to get things rolling (we're not worried about having multiple poses atm). See above for the art style we're looking for.

Mahouka Koukou happens to be one of the manga I've got on my watchlist. (Also read the light novel, haha.) Yes, that art style is manageable.

On a side note, you've mentioned Tyranobuilder: it can integrate Live2D animated sprites -- the very engine I'm trying to master at the moment, haha (I'm lending my art to another visual novel as well). I'm hoping Ren'py will have a similar interface soon.

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »
Mahouka Koukou happens to be one of the manga I've got on my watchlist. (Also read the light novel, haha.) Yes, that art style is manageable.

On a side note, you've mentioned Tyranobuilder: it can integrate Live2D animated sprites -- the very engine I'm trying to master at the moment, haha (I'm lending my art to another visual novel as well). I'm hoping Ren'py will have a similar interface soon.

I really wish Ren'Py had compatibility with Live2D. I mean, you can sort of use it but you have to export the Live2D file as a movie and then play a new movie whenever you change line to get a similar effect. And it doesn't have the same seamlessness to it that TyranoBuilder or Visual Novel Maker would allow. It also apparently makes huge files and can crash the game with too many sprites on screen. I think it's safe to say that unless we plan to change engines again we're going to avoid Live2D for the time being. (Which kind of stinks because having Live2D integrated is really one of the only ways to stand out in the VN marketplace these days.)

But who knows, maybe we'll go back to TyranoBuilder once we have all of the story worked out. It wouldn't be too hard to move everything across engines but its just a hassle. (On a side note, my friend and I plan to play around with Live2D Euclid as soon as that comes out as well. The possibilities, man, the possibilities.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:04:19 AM by Philosotaku »
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »
I'm waiting for Euclid, too! I've wanted to dabble in 2.5D for the longest time. You can try Emofuri, but those only allow people to use them if they're not planning to sell anything commercially.

I guess for now, the team I'm in would have to stick with still sprites. I'm looking forward to your VN project. :)

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 06:31:43 PM »
You know my style (discord) im a pro but i could lend you a hand if you need to i would need to take my time though because i'm really busy

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:50 PM »
I guess for now, the team I'm in would have to stick with still sprites. I'm looking forward to your VN project. :)

Yeah, sprites for the time being seem to be the best bet. And thanks for the continued interest. We've been working hard trying to plan out the story so we've made a lot of progress. I'll probably make a separate page to keep people updated on the project. So far we have about a fourth of the alpha version scripted so I'd say we're making decent progress.

You know my style (discord) im a pro but i could lend you a hand if you need to i would need to take my time though because i'm really busy

That's another artist who's interested. Man, I can say how thankful I am to everyone here for the support and offers to help. Really we would need help with backgrounds and CGs but I don't think we're anywhere near that point in the project yet. Our main goals are basic sprites and the test version scripted. We really want to get feedback from people all the way through the project's development so I'll be sure to give out versions of it here for testing as we get to that point. Again, thanks for the interest.

We do have a single character concept art done if you'd all like to see it. (If I can figure out how to post it since I haven't actually posted any images here yet.)
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894