November 17, 2017, 04:00:30 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: great panelling pacing and layout tips  (Read 808 times)

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
great panelling pacing and layout tips
« on: October 08, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »
So here is a great reference from a manga artist that got published  and she explain something that we never see in the book and is literally one of the foundamentals when you are doing a comic or a manga. Such as how should you place your ballons and other essential stuff so look at it dear artists.

(part1) http://lilrivkah.livejournal.com/168859.html
(part2) http://lilrivkah.livejournal.com/169915.html

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: great panelling pacing and layout tips
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:24:14 PM »
I've been to that site before but it still hasn't clicked in my head, yet. If it was a movie scene I would know since I took a whole semester in how to arrange a scene. But manga paneling still irritates me. Especially when you (as in I) read two very different mangas who panel extremely different.

Offline Aimyraude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
Yup panelling can work differently in two different manga. The first reason is the style  of the manga for example a shojo manga change the type of panel to make a flashback (usually with round corners and thinner lines). While shonen artist tend more to use the beta method (put the surrounding of the flashback panel in black). Some artist just put a grey tone over the panel. Great artist make it work! But a good panelling is literally in communication with the subconscious. Our brain can understand what is going on by itself and it keeps a good flow.

but many manga dont follow any kind of rules and just put a panel here and there by the feel for the need of their script  and it is obvious that it doesn't work. Because it might be different from an artist to another but the general rule is the same. We can play around with it there is a million of different way to applicate it but the brain has it limit.

Offline AFW Sensei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Wow this was so helpful. Thanks!   I'm a manga writer and I'm learning how to write names and manuscripts to help my artist know what's going on

Offline Aimyraude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 07:37:41 PM »
Glad it helped you out its really important to know th├Ęse kind of stuff even if you are a writer it can help one day

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:42 AM »
That's indeed some pretty helpful stuff there. Thanks for the post dany