March 29, 2024, 02:21:55 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: WORKSHOP - Return to Dark  (Read 1516 times)

Offline TheClayMaker

• Because Topics are Dumb...
  • Walking demotivation...
    • View Profile
WORKSHOP - Return to Dark
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
Spoiler
Story: Return to Dark
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure

Synopsis: After a failed rescue, a boy and a high priestess must work together to make it back home before a war is waged.

CHAPTER 1

Spoiler
    Three human soldiers stood at the gates to the Shrine of Wind. “How silly,” muttered the deer-headed Bukon as he looked over the Shrine from the top of the hill, “that the gods would choose a race as fragile as humans to serve as guards.”
   “Quiet, Bukon,” the pig-headed Wint grunted, “It is not our place to question the gods or their judgements.”
   Bukon stood silently as his teacher walked down from the hilltop and approached the guards. Not hearing their conversation, he waited for Wint to turn and give a nod. Following behind a guard, the two Fauna entered the Shrine of Wind to fulfill their purpose.
   The outside of the shrine was very dull and unassuming. If one were to look upon it for the first time, one could assume that the building was an abandoned manor of some dead lord. A step inside the shrine, however, gave a completely different image.
        The walls of the shrine were coated in shimmering green emeralds, and the floor was carpeted by a silver silk. Elaborate paintings hung from the wall, each depicting a different scene from history. The amount of wealth that surrounded Bukon was more than he had ever seen in his entire forty-year life. “Do you ever feel out of place, walking among such wealth?” he asked as they approached a massive, wooden door.
        “No,” Wint said with a solemn voice, “I do not see why I should be intimidated as something so common as wealth.”
        The door began to open in front of the two Fauna. “Influence, on the other hand,” Wint continued, “is the most valued resource of all.”
        The chamber on the other side of the door was empty except for a large green chair. To the left and right of the chair were two guards, each wearing the emblem of the shrine. “What is your purpose here?” the guards demanded with one voice.
        “I seek an audience with the High Priestess,” Wint answered.
        The guards turned to each other and then back to Wint. “The High Priestess is not in well enough condition to speak at the moment,” the guard on the right said.
        Wint groaned and said, “Then when can I speak with her? This is a matter of utmost importance.”
        “If it’s all the same to you,” Bukon said to Wint, “perhaps we could come back tomorrow?”
        “We don’t have time for that,” Wint said before stepping toward the guards, shouting, “I need to speak with Hilda now!”
        The guards’ eyes turned downward. “We’re sorry, but Hilda is dead.”
        Wint’s eyes narrowed. “What did you say? Hilda is dead?” he snorted, “How? When?”
        “Four months ago, she became ill. No doctor in Eldom could cure her. She died three weeks ago.”
        Bukon could see that Wint was distressed by this news. Though he wasn’t entirely clear on the details of their relationship, he knew that his teacher had a history with the now former High Priestess of Wind.
        “Then tell me,” Wint said through gritted teeth, “Who has taken her place?”
        The guards answered hesitantly, “It’s a bit difficult to explain, but-”
        Before the guards could give a clear answer, a door slammed open, and a gust of wind filled the room. From behind the chair, Bukon and Wint could hear the footsteps of someone entering the chamber. The guards turned to the newcomer, who was still hidden behind the chair. “Wint, you may stay,” the guards said, “but your companion must leave.”
        Bukon began to protest, but Wint stopped him, saying, “Go. I will follow shortly.”

Outside the shrine, Bukon began to sulk about. “Why did he even make me come if I was just going to sit outside the whole time?” he complained.
        A sound of a twig breaking caught Bukon’s ear. “Is someone there?” he demanded, “Show yourself!”
        From behind a nearby tree, a small boy with messy, blond hair stepped into view. “Perfect,” Bukon thought to himself, “Another dirty human.”
        A moment passed, and Bukon expected the boy to run away after being caught. However, the boy simply stood there without saying a word. “Boy, don’t you have a home to go to?” Bukon asked as he began to lose patience.
        The boy shook his head. “No, sir.”
        This was an unexpected answer. “Well, then,” Bukon said, “Perhaps you can give me some entertainment.”
        Smiling, he held out his left hand and cast a basic Create Flame spell. “This is real fire,” Bukon explained.
Then, holding out his right hand, he created an illusionary fire. “And this is an illusion. I will give you a copper piece for every time you pick this hand. Want to give it a try?”
        Thinking for a second, the boy gave a silent nod.
        Bukon smiled and cast the two spells, the fire in his right and the illusion in the left. The boy hesitated before picking correctly, receiving his first copper piece.  “Lucky guess,” Bukon laughed. Casting the spells again, Bukon began the game once more. The boy picked the correct hand almost immediately. The game was played many times more, with the boy guessing correctly each time. After losing half his copper, Bukon became angry.
        “You’re cheating, aren’t you?” Bukon demanded.
        The boy nervously shook his head. “No, I didn’t cheat. I just know which is which.”
        Looking warily at the young boy, Bukon asked, “And how do you know?”
        Shifting nervously, the boy answered, “I couldn’t see the illusion.”
        “You,” Bukon stammered, “you what? You can’t see it?”
        The boy shook his head once more.
        “Interesting,” Bukon said with a smile, “What’s your name?”
        “Arik.”
        Bukon grabbed Arik by the shoulder. “Well, Arik, how would you like to have a job?”

Wint returned to see his student standing with a human child by his side. “What have you done, Bukon?” he asked with a tired voice.
         “I have found something worth the trip,” Bukon declared.
         Sighing, Wint gave a response, “At least one of us did. Let’s go home.”

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WORKSHOP - Return to Dark
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 02:30:43 AM »
This is exactly a workshop or are you trying to develop a story idea ?

We do have a different board for Workshops and If you are trying to create a workshop then you need to add more details about it.