December 12, 2017, 02:31:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Penance  (Read 2268 times)

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
Re: Penance
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
i had a reread of the whole thing and its really gripping. I think your forte is definitely writing, so even with a lower quality art, if you forgive my saying, the story is very cliffhangery and i want to read more. that being said, your pencil drawn chapter was a very pleasant soft style, i much preferred that to the digital style. but keep trying and you'll find a style that suits you.
will you be writing another chapter? I'm looking forward to it

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Thanks suupertramp. Actually, I've always hoped to edge my lack of drawing over a little with my writing - even though that needs improvement in on itself - so no offence taken and mission sort of accomplished.

I enjoyed drawing with pencil as well. Chapter 5 was the most fun to draw for sure, but it took a heck of a lot of time. As with pen and ink, I've decided to go with mspaint to completely streamline my process and avoid going crazy with all the possible softwares and tools I could be using to make great art. It's an excuse, yes, but I'll stick by it.

I'll try a thicker brush this time around, but yes this is a very experimental comic at the moment, and I love that it is. I think it'll end on the 10th chapter if I ever reach there. I'm just super glad that I managed to make it this far.

I've storyboarded Chapter 7 (and updated the first page of said chapter) so yeah it's still going on haha.

Cheers again suuper

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
Wow I keep on finding new ways to screw up the art, but ah well.

Chapter 7 is up. I can't believe I only have 3 more chapters to go. It's taken a lot more ages than I intended to, but it's nice to see that the experiment will finally get somewhere.

Turns out I have more fun with the smaller brush than the thicker one really...

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 02:04:32 AM »
I like this. Happy to see more of it. Sometimes I feel I'm getting a totally different story from what you intended.