December 12, 2017, 07:05:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Penance  (Read 2263 times)

Online suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
Re: Penance
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
glad that it helped.

you can print out a 3d model on paper and trace it was actually what i was thinking, that way its still traditional :P

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »
I see I see.

Updated the third chapter with 5 pages.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
It took me a whole lot of Walking Dead epsiodes to look at, but I went on a spree and finished the third chapter of Penance -  I'm a long way from the first six pages of what was a throw away story, and it's nowhere near getting out of that red zone of whether I want to really continue it or not, but it's much better than it was earlier.

My holy grail for now really is to just reach a point where churning out this level of quality of pages comes easy to me as a sort of absolute base to work on.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 05:35:04 PM »
This was a really interesting read. Despite it's somewhat simplistic style, it tells a story well. I mean you can have the world's most fancy artwork, if the story isn't told properly it's just some super fancy artwork. While looking at the first few pages and the last few pages there's improvement, and i'll definitely be keeping my eyes open. Whether you choose to continue Penance or not and you decide to pull something else out of your hat, i'll look forward to it ;)
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
Really appreciate it Cashald. I do hope that applies, but I hope it can get much, much better. 

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:25 AM »
I love Ro. I hope you give this story more attention.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »
Thanks a bunch Kean, that really drove me to make the latest chapter. Not sure if you'll always like him but thanks for reading.

I have posted the fourth chapter.

The fourth chapter was a misery to make, especially because I used a pencil instead of a blue pencil, and I had to backtrack more than once to clean up the lines before I could add text.

Even then, I feel like the words are too small.

And that is ignoring the sense of space and time.

Still glad to have legitimately made a fourth chapter though.

I have nothing but respect for mangaka now after fumbling through this. These are people who churn out 17-20 pages per week, on the off chance that they'll be liked or not, but with the highest quality possible. I thought that I could cheap out and say that I'm competeing with One Punch Man, but just seeing that he's drawn 100 chapters for that and 90-something for Mob-Psycho 100 tells me he's cut out of the same breed that is MANGAKA.

Ah, the horror of finding out that 'Only 15 pages' is not actually only 15 pages. It's several pictures (51 in this case. Poorly drawn, without backgrounds, but still torture) Also known as Panels.

To any reader who is just reading this for fun, thank you for any attention rendered, even if it the art is sub sub par.

To fellow manga writers: Count the panels of any chapter of your favourite manga, and try to draw that amount in stick figures if you can. It's important that you understand what it means to draw manga. Whether talented or not, one must appreciate the struggle.

Anyhow, I'm glad I finished the 4th chapter. Still not sure if I'm continuing, but I enjoy jinxing myself when it comes to this project and doing more than I promised. It might even be growing on me.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 11:18:18 AM »
For me to unlike him he need to go evil then kill all of his students. The remind me. i will love to learn more about the students.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:48 AM »
Haha thanks for reading as always KeanFox. And yeah, if he weren't like he was he definitely would.

I'm actually hoping to learn more about the students too. The next chapter won't touch much on them, but I suspect ther'll be a training one to see how things happen.

May I ask which student is your favourite so far?

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
I like the 2 main students with Ro. But will love to see more of the other student as well. Some more teachers maybe.

if he weren't like he was he definitely would.
But now he is a good guy...right? The curse stop him from fighting or there is more to the curse?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
Guh, I answered wrongly there. He would fight back at least, but he wouldn't kill her no. His problems started because of being a coward so if he wasn't a coward no one would be coming after him... Maybe.

There is more to the curse that I'll definitely explain in the next chapter, but it's basically something made to kill him haha. I'm going to start working on it now and hopefully will have the chapter up next week... I don't want to post it up page by page haha.

I need more teachers and more scenes to show what the Babel place is like. I'm still bad at backgrounds but I hope to show what I can.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Penance Chapter 5
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
I couldn't edit the original post of the topic for some reason. Anyhow, I've switched to pencil now to speed up the process. I'll have to attempt full ballpoint comics on another project, because I was in a real danger of procrastinating this away. The first 4 chapters are on the topic page of course.

This chapter helps explain a major part of the first story. It'll go back to Ro and Co and hopefully have more action than this one did.

I do love dialogue though.

"Chapter 5"

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:20:41 AM by reX »

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 06:18:40 AM »
I enjoyed Ch5 interesting read. I love Raven hope to see him live on through his book. The parts about the Demon king
are cool. Your sense of paneling and text bubble placement improving.

It just the guy how cursed Ro looks like a kid. Other than that its a fun read.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 06:36:03 AM »
Really, thanks for taking the time to read Keane. It means a lot.

Yeah, I liked Raven too, but he was important to explaining a bit of the whole Demon King situation.

I haven't returned to this work in quite a while. I still need more time before I jump into it again.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 05:56:16 PM »
On a whim, and after way too long, I finished drawing chapter 6. Trying out mspaint to see how it turned out. Not too unhappy/happy with the results. Did the last 8 pages today while streaming a Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic Let's Play. Funny how you can get in the zone sometimes...