March 29, 2024, 01:43:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Gabryel's Gallery  (Read 64534 times)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
Re: Gabryel's Gallery
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2019, 02:35:42 PM »
Thank you! Yeah I really like making those, definately will do more like that when I have some free time. Until then, the second big commission this year, oof <.<

This is the pure painting

And this with some adjustments and a filter in photoshop
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
lovely water rendering!
and time does indeed go quickly :)
love the flowing of the dress.
might be my colourblind eyes but that text is really hard to read on both @_@
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2019, 11:17:39 PM »
It looks amazing! I really like the movement of the figures.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2019, 07:13:45 AM »
Pretty tight work, they have a chill sci-fi mood. At first, I thought the watermark is part of artwork like hologram text.  I can see people taking your art and using it for their novels covers and stuff. A watermark makes sense.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:18 AM »
I drool every time I hear of Clip Studio Paint. It almost tempts me to throw away my one and true bae Paint (or GIMP. I've always been fond of GIMP too)

Ah so you're illustrating something for a friend Gabe? By the way do you write as well? I'd be interested in that.

Also what happened to sexy blood sucking nekomimi comic? Asking for a friend.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »
lovely water rendering!
and time does indeed go quickly :)
love the flowing of the dress.
might be my colourblind eyes but that text is really hard to read on both @_@

Thank you <3 it's cheated real bad though XD CSP comes with so many incredible brushes that makes everything so much easier. The text is there as a watermark, ye, it'S ok if you can't read it lol. I started using gray text in colour dodge or colour burn so I don't lose too many details and still have some protection on it, since this is a commission I'm even more torough than on my usual pieces.

It looks amazing! I really like the movement of the figures.

Thx! I had quite a hard time getting the movement right this time but found some incredibly beautiful dancing poses I want to draw soooo badly! Now that the kids are back on their feet again and all the birthday parties are over, I hope I can get back to drawing again.

Pretty tight work, they have a chill sci-fi mood. At first, I thought the watermark is part of artwork like hologram text.  I can see people taking your art and using it for their novels covers and stuff. A watermark makes sense.

Chill sci-fi is interesting, now that you mention it. I used colour references of some photographs the commissioner made herself at that beach where it's supposed to be and it was such an interesting violett-ish lighting from the sky and the water.

I drool every time I hear of Clip Studio Paint. It almost tempts me to throw away my one and true bae Paint (or GIMP. I've always been fond of GIMP too)

Ah so you're illustrating something for a friend Gabe? By the way do you write as well? I'd be interested in that.

Also what happened to sexy blood sucking nekomimi comic? Asking for a friend.

yeeeeeeah I used gimp, or tried, at least. Lego, do yourself a favor and get CSP, the pro version is like 50 dollars and worth tenfold. At least get the trial version for a month and see if you feel the difference. I can't say anything about SAI but I can about gimp - while open source free programs can be really cool and blender for example developed incredibly fast because of the big community, but graphic programs don't have that. GIMP was always so late on everything, and if I may say this, good tools might not make good artists but bad tools makes good artists feel bad about themselves.

Yeah I do work with a friend who writes when she can, right now she's out of order because her mother might be dying :-/ Hate that I can't really do much about it or help as much as she would need it. I write myself too, at least I have two stories started (no idea if I will EVER finish one lmao) and there is my manga which has a very, very large background and story. And I wrote one short story for an anthology once but I had to shorten it so it fit the requirement which kinda took away the mood :,D

Bloodsucking nekomimi ... you mean that four-pager? Well tbh, the OC has a background but there ain'T much of a continuous story to her, so the 4 pages are all there will be until I get bored so bad I make more out of it XD Oh but maybe the pages aren't viewable anymore ... I uploaded it on amazon and you can see all of it in the preview though.
https://www.amazon.com/Sinner-Dinner-Sample-four-pages-ebook/dp/B071W6WCHQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1550571873&sr=8-5&keywords=sinner+dinner
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2019, 05:53:18 AM »
Also finally finished the next character concept. The next one will be a small one cuz he won't be alive for long, and after that, I can start drawing chapter two. I've been procrastrinating that so, so bad and I still feel kinda nervous to get started on it <.< Anyway. Meet Rin, leader of a chinese mafia killer group called the Jiangshi (walking dead)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2019, 06:30:10 PM »
Amazing how you can switch out outfits like that. Great consistency. Reminds me of BK 201. Man I want to watch that anime again.  Keep at it! Love mafia stories.

Procrastination is a nasty beast. Tired of always having to fight it haha.

(Sorry about your friends' situation. Truly don't know how to deal with such situations my side too. Unfortunate. And if next month is friendly to me I'll be willing to get that on Kindle methinks. Need to support forum stuff more)

(Also on software I'm shackled with paint for a moment more. I'll see what happens in the future. )

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2019, 01:31:03 AM »
Glad to see you're still working on stuff Gab! The new character concept looks good, I dig the outfits. He gives off similar vibes to the main character of Darker than Black, Hei, especially with the mask. This makes this design really nostalgic for me since I liked that show when I watched it a while back. Looking forward to more!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
(Violent Inhale)
MAMA GAAAAAAAAAAAAABE
It's great to see you coming back, and the new character concept looks great. Good to see that you're still making content, too. Your paintings have always been an inspiration to me, even though I don't generally do painting style coloring.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »
(Violent Inhale)
MAMA GAAAAAAAAAAAAABE
It's great to see you coming back, and the new character concept looks great. Good to see that you're still making content, too. Your paintings have always been an inspiration to me, even though I don't generally do painting style coloring.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Mahlubaby so good to see youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  :heart: :heart: :heart:
It's always so nice coming back to you beauties. Gonna take a look at the forums tomorrow and see what's new. I've been busy on quite a few things, soooo ... long picture post incoming :D

Glad to see you're still working on stuff Gab! The new character concept looks good, I dig the outfits. He gives off similar vibes to the main character of Darker than Black, Hei, especially with the mask. This makes this design really nostalgic for me since I liked that show when I watched it a while back. Looking forward to more!

Good to see you too! I always forget to boot discord haha, I really should change that. And I missed you streaming T_T just saw the emails later. And yeah Hei was like the character I was aiming for :D Chinese mafia killer, cool headed, smart, dangerous. I'll probably cry about choreography a lot when he's supposed to do kung fu.

So yeah, character concepts. My style has changed so much, so I decided to redraw all of chapter 1. It hurts T__T but it hurts more to see all the flaws in drawing and character and dialogue and everything so I'm reworking from scratch.

We got here one more character concept of a guy who's gonna show his face more often, Darius Kinmont:

And because the original is too wide to show, I'll show some WIP and details:

This was the 2014 version btw:

Then I remade some side characters:

And THEN I got bored and wanted to paint something fun and muscle study and colour and light, and also something I could use for promotion so I made this. And I'm pretty proud of myself rn. Also learned that Fan Art is working better with characters that are already very popular *sigh* and sex, ofc. Ah well he is pretty cool and it was fun making this, so I won't complain XD

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »
Ah yes. On that fanart and sex thing people like what they like. It can be quite the bummer though for real.

Really love the way the clothes fit on your characters. Such great designs too Gabe. Pink-top gal is my favourite. Oozes personality. Really cool

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2019, 11:02:21 AM »
nice character sheets and great details on the shading on that last guy.
bottom line of text isn't so readable but otherwise no gripes.
and yes, fan art with popular characters will make you popular. it's annoying lol.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »
I don't know about annoying, but it is true that there is always a pretty big market for fanart. Inspirational to see the changes from five years ago. Man, 2014 being five years ago makes me feel old. Pleh.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
Very nice cover! Adorable fox.

Facebook       Patreon