July 20, 2017, 02:30:19 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Gabryel's Gallery  (Read 4116 times)

Offline S8N

• Overseer of Hell
  • Author/Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Gabryel's Gallery
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2017, 12:44:04 AM »
Spoiler
Okay. SO I will try to translate the first two blog entries to english and we'll see if anyone understands wtf I'm trying to say lol

But before that, here's a new FinalFantasy 14 comic. For those who don'T play: The Dragoon class wields a spear or lance and is a melee damage dealer. They CAN do a lot of damage if played well but they are also extremely squishy, which is why they tend to lie face down quickly.

It's beautiful :'D
~~~
S8N

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Thank you Carshald, yeah I should do much more of these emotional pictures. I enjoyed drawing the clenched hands and the expression, plus I had to shed a tear once more for my beloved Haurchfant T__T Feelings like extent anger or sadnes are indeed much more intense than such of joy - I have to admit I like them more too :P That, or subtle expressions like shyness, melancholy, a diffuse dispair ...

@lego: Took me about 2 hours, I didn't want to spend too much time on it because I had only one free afternoon and wanted to actually play the game too X,D The german articles I have made so far are here: First one is basically some remake of an article Miska told us about which was very good, but I found it was too long and the pictograms were hard to understand. Plus, there is absolutely no useable articles on drawing in german. I tell you. it's a desert over here. About the basic of what is happening in our brain when drawing.

http://kitsuneko.kringelkatze.de/2016/12/18/zeichnen-lernen-basic1/

Second is about some drawing basics like 3dimensional understanding. It's the article I posted the pics before:

http://kitsuneko.kringelkatze.de/2017/06/15/zeichnen-lernen-form-begreifen/

The third one is in the making, and I can already share the pics to it :D whatcha think?

It's basically about how to break up a body into parts so you understand it better, and what my way was to get to the understanding I have now. I'm using animals here, because since we're all human experts, I think it's actually easier to learn the "break-up"-skill on animals or objects, so our knowledge or impressions of the human body doesn't get in our way.

I'm getting all fired up now, next article will finally be about drawing a human part! Woohoo! XD
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »
I personally like shyness and melancholy, on the subtle end of the emotional scale, when it comes to art. I do admit dread has it's appeal, depending on what the artist is trying to tell with his/her work. Fear is kinda.... meeeh... dull i suppose. Dread on the other hand is ofcourse a more intense version of fear, but still.. I think of them more as two seperate feelings despite their similarity, especially if shown with the right artwork.

As a non-artist... I find it very interesting to see pictures like the 2nd one, as it gives a look into an artist process (yours in this case). The 1st and the 2nd picture... well you could have fooled me if you said they were made by two different people. They're both so different from one another, and the fact that you don't just stick to one style but expand and go beyond your "comfort zone"... Well i think that's awesome and impressive ^^ (but that's a non-artist talking XD)
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:46 AM »
Thank you Carshald :3  My father once told me, that an artist can always imitate a style that is inferior to his own level of knowledge, and that kinda stuck. From there, I always tried to improve and tested myself if I am good enough to challenge a certain style. And I like many manga styles tbh, but one thing that I dislike is when I see there is not a good base behind it. It's like how I define my music taste: I like good music. I don't care about the genre so much, I listen to classic to electro, metal to pop - I am not even fond of hip hop but I like Eminem because I just can tell that he is good at what he does. So I really don't care too much about genre and style, as long as you can see that the artist dedicated alot into his skill. Plus, I have to admit I don't even see a style in my works lol It's ALWAYS DIFFERENT, AAAAAAAAAAH
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Online legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2017, 05:05:29 AM »
Oh gawd Gabryel you`ve got to make an art book at one point. I justl ove seeing complicated forms broken down in planes like this. It really gives me hope that I`d be able to draw them in the first place. I`ll be checking them out haha!

What`s your tablet again?

Offline K-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2017, 05:14:36 AM »
I like your outlines very much. ^^ That doodle of the girl being painted reminded me of the 'Draw me like one of your French girls' meme. (I want to do that for fun some time.) I second lego over here. It'd be very useful for those who need refs. :D

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal series: Ayakashi Refrain on Tapas || active commissioned manga: 3 || webtoon collabs: 1 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
I see how you went about drawing in a slightly inferior style. It looks like those crappy how-to-draw manga books that we have littering art stores here in the States. Oh, the cringe you find in those...

I guess I third the notion? I feel like I can learn a lot just by looking at how you've broken down objects here, but I guess the only test to that is to do it myself when I have time more than just the half hour I tend to spend typing quick responses here on the forum...
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2017, 04:17:31 AM »
Thank you lego :D I'm thinking about making a drawing lesson book out of these blog articles once I'm somewhere near the pagecount it takes to make a book, because just as Mahlua says: There are so many crappy Manga drawing schools out there, especially in the western world, that provide various kinds of shortcuts to get to some ... illusion of having understood something, but in reality it's a lot of fake informations you feed your brain. If you learn from that base, you will stumble across problems later in the learning process, because you only learn a style and not what you are actually trying to draw. While some people might be happy with that, I sure hope there are enough others who don't want to be limited like that.

Of course there are other drawing lesson books that will even provide much better understanding of anatomy than I can show - problem is, they are those professional art books about portraits and painting that manga artists never touch because it's not what we want to draw. So atm I'm covering the basics, but I'm looking forward to get to the human anatomy part, like explaining the face, balance point, expression ... and later on maybe even panelling techniques. Not that I was any good in that LOL There is that saying in german though, amongst blind people, the one eyed is the king.

My tablet is the Wacom Intuos 5 btw. I already wore down the pan button xD damn it all.

I like your outlines very much. ^^ That doodle of the girl being painted reminded me of the 'Draw me like one of your French girls' meme. (I want to do that for fun some time.) I second lego over here. It'd be very useful for those who need refs. :D

Thank you K-Seki :3 I'd love to see you draw a french girl picture. In fact, draw me like one of your french girls! *poses*

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »
Great work  :thumbsup:
Did you encounter drivers problems while using the Wacom? just want to her how is your experience with the Wacom.
because Istebrak bashed Wacom in her latest videos,

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2017, 11:44:58 AM »
Yeah I did :-/ I had problems installing the driver and ended up with something I don't quite understand because it tells me it doesn't support the tablet I use. it still works though, I just try not to touch the driver ever again XD

I haven't tried other tablets tbf; maybe I should consider other makers for my next tablet. I was ging to save some money for the wacom mobile studio ...

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
Thats great Gabryel, that horse looks great!

Deviantart       Patreon