July 20, 2017, 02:32:19 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Gabryel's Gallery  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
Gabryel's Gallery
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
So, I'll show some of my stuff here :) If you wanna see more, feel free to look out for Kringelkatze either on deviant art or elsewhere - there should be no other than me.

Sketches and studies

Bennet Drake, Ripper street

Jackson, Ripper street

Prince Nuada, Hellboy

Bird studies

Kung Fu Study

Character Study

Character Art

Kagura

Nuala

Miro (Commission)

Allizsha (Commission)

Shion dancing (newest work)

FinalFantasy Inspired RPG Characters

Full Artworks

July (Fallout inspired)

The Bloodhunter (Commission)

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Online legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Gabryel's Gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »
Jaw drop level art epicness here. From the studies to the complete pieces. Nothing much to say other than drool.

Where did you make those studies from? The kung fu ones interest me the most

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:51:37 PM »
Great stuff !  :)

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 12:23:16 AM »
Very nice!  :clapping: I especially love your studies, great pencil work!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 06:23:26 AM »
Thank you  :heart: :heart: :heart:

@lego The kung fu stuff I drew from a pamphlet of the shaolin show a few years back XD I also have a book about Samurai culture where I used some references, and the birds are out of a children's biology book. It's been too long though, I should fill some of my sketchbooks again. Last few years I only worked digitally.

Atm I'm trying to wrap my head around the use of colours, which is very interesting. I started looking at EVERYTHING around me thinking about where I would place the colour palette lol Did you ever realize the face has parts that are reddish, blueish, violet and even green?? Crazy!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Online legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »
From a pamphlet! Damn, I thought it was from a video or something. And out of a childrens' biology book? Haha that's pretty impressive.

What sort of sketchbooks do you like to work with.

Wait wait wait green? I thought that was only a thing that happened around the eyes when someone is jealous... metaphorically haha. Never heard of that one.

Yeah, working with colours is pretty fun and well more accepted. But I like to think sometimes that so long as you get light and half tones down to a science then colouring will be that much more easier... It's crazy how different colours look because of what lighting conditions they're under.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
Yes exactly! I am quite confident with my shadings, but somehow I never liked the colours as they looked not as natural when I tried making any artworks you would find in art books, you know? My aim is to master all kinds of style, because one thing I discovered is: If you are better /further in understanding, you can copy any style. I know I can draw Sailor Moon-ish as I can imitate the style of most mangas when seeing it. And even if the art itself is reduced to just a few lines, you can tell if the artist has a serious understanding of anatomics ... or, no, of 3dimensional thinking maybe? The same with colors. To be able to reduce to a certain level, you have to understand what you are reducing, y'know? Absolutely fascinating.

Online Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Idols Have Abs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
Very nice gallery! Your art is lovely, you seem to have a solid grasp of things. Your more stylized character designs are great as well, they show a great understanding of the fundamentals.

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »
:3 thank youuuuu  :heart: doing my best

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 05:37:31 PM »
Just great :).
I really like the first ones - you're really good when it comes to realistic drawing.
And I really like how you use your knowledge on realism to form your own style.

Keep up the good work :).

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
Hey there, thank you Daisetsu :D I've kept myself busy working on my manga and kickstarter. As advertisement, I started making speed paint videos. This is the result of the first one:

If it peaks your interest, here is the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBPMtVUUdL4

Second picture is one of the antagonist-ish guys. I'm not that good with colour yet so I tried this and that until it looked  halfways alright. Not perfectly happy, but well.

Videoclip again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmJqWIR4QU

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:46:59 PM »
Daaaaang. That's hot stuff right there. Wish I were even half that talented... But no, I had to choose to get better at writing in high school. I'm not a terrible artist I just never put the time in to draw anything well consistently. The odd thing is, every 1 in 10 or so drawings turns out amazingly and the rest is just utter...yeah. And I mean the difference between them looks like the difference between someone who just started drawing and someone who's been at it for five years. And I don't use references at all for them. I really don't know why that happens. lol

Thinking about it now it's been forever since I drew something. Maybe I'll grab a pencil and try my lot at it again after all these years.
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
Thank you Philosotaku, and you absolutely should!

You know what, I know that feeling. I have two or three pieces that are so good and abolutely out of my style, that I sometimes look at them and ask myself: Is this really mine? It's so good! LOL

I've been off for quite a while and have no idea how its gonna be the next few weeks, but I'm trying to stay focused and at least sneak a peak from time to time. I started a new chibi webcomic (and patreon, and new website, and the main project, and, and, and) and wanted to show you guys the first pics. What do you think? O if you're interested, you can find it on gabby-the-cat.kringelkatze.de.

First characters:

Gabby the cat

Elly the fox

First two panels: T-Rump

Online legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
Tyrannosaurus Rump. I have no words hahahaha

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »
Damn, you could put that comic in a newspaper and I wouldn't even bat an eye. Nice job! Very good Trump face as well. Did you use a specific reference for that?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF