March 29, 2024, 01:13:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Katyanaishka Chronicles (6 Cataclysms)  (Read 1828 times)

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Katyanaishka Chronicles (6 Cataclysms)
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »
I told myself I'd never share this, but oh well. Katyanaishka Chronicles everybody! It's a work within a series I've secretly worked on for like two years.

6 Cataclysms is it's own full fantasy world complete with a long history, countries, and cultures, mainly centering around the country of Vevoskovia, and the dynasty that rules it, the Menlayev family. Katyanaishka Chronicles focuses on (my favorite girl) Katya, a member of the Vevoskovian Deshavi Black Ops (it's as serious and sub rosa as it sounds).

She's a major and pivotal character in the series, and this goes over her background, and how she became THE legendary Commander Katya that she ends up being known as in the main story. I'm only sharing a little bit.

Katya's Heartfelt Preface
Spoiler

This book, which I so pridefully name Katyanaishka Chronicles, is a long and painful tale, for it has forced me to recall the voices of my friends and comrades, all of whom I still sorely miss to this day, and so sweetly reminisce about in my nights.

And I so sweetly honor these people, because as of now, in my 39th year of living, they are no longer with us.

Vera was perhaps my greatest friend. As you will come to see in this story, she was a very, very strange and foul person. Potty-mouthed to her very core, with a vexing obsession with violence and corpses. However, if you get far enough, you'll also see just how much love she had in her heart. Vera lived a few good years after the events of this book until her death by my hands.

Vera, I will always sweetly recall our days together. I love you, forever and always.

Locke was always level-headed, perhaps even the center of the group. He was the oldest, so he was more matured and experience than the rest of us. After the events of this book, he served under me when I became Commander of the Deshavi Black Ops. Locke tragically met his fate in the country of Providence, killed by King Hita's false brother and reincarnated prophet, Luxaura.

Locke, your years of service and dedication to the Deshavi and to me is probably why even one of us is still alive right now. Thank you, for everything. Please, rest well.

Kruger...well, there's many things I could say about him. He was chosen as the squad leader after Locke passed up on the position. Kruger was a good leader, but unfortunately, he was not very strong of mind. This character fault is what led to the great tragedies written here, which consumed all of us, and nearly the entire world. Kruger was disgraced and shamefully executed by the Deshavi, after betraying us.

I can only hope you've found peace, Kruger. No matter what, I still consider you a great friend to this very day.

Borealis, the Deshavi Commander at the time, was a very powerful and experienced soldier. He had served Vevoskovia for decades in the Deshavi, and even still, he's revered as one of the best commanders we've ever had. He was my mentor, my teacher, and a beloved comrade. I am honored to have met this man and served under him for as long as fate allowed me to. He would be tragically murdered after his retirement, but an opponent much more powerful than he was.

His murderer was discovered to be Phaedra Asane, the last leader of the Omni Nation. She was supposed to have died hundreds of years ago, but she still lives by the same immortality that Luxaura lives. Each time I've fought her, I have failed to kill her.

Thank you, Borealis, for your teachings, and for making me the woman and commander I am today. I still have your jacket, my friend.

Last but not least, L'amica. L'amica served as a medic in the Deshavi Black Ops for years. She was kind and friendly, one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She was beautiful, too. Admittedly, I had one of the biggest crushes on her, and dreamed about her often. I dare say I even loved her. L'amica, too, would be killed by Phaedra Asane.

And even Queen Kalina, who I adored and served proudly, left behind her son when she died far too young of a lung infection. Her son Tokahev would grow to be a fantastic king, but this curse of death would claim him and his wife Amiya as well. They were both murdered by Roy Diadara, one of the founders of Vevoskovia, another person who should have been long dead, but still lived and breathed among us.

I am the only one left. Though the people of the past have been replaced by new faces and smiles, I still fondly remember those that were part of my youth, and part of who I am today. Kruger, Locke, Vera, Borealis, Kalina, Tokahev, and Amiya, may god serve as a witness to how much I love you, yearn for you, and miss you all every day.

Thank you for everything.

Katyanaishka Chronicles: The Eyes of Death
Spoiler

It was a dark, eldritch night on the border of the Sankadesh Kingdom. The sky rained upon the vast stretch of forestland heavily. The only source of light came from a village built alongside a deforested hill. The buildings were very well kept, and their corrugated roofs allowed for the rain to slip off onto the ground. The roads were well carved and maintained, but the village itself was empty tonight. Towards the heart of this village, a group 0f 16 camouflaged individuals met up under the rain.

Their men brought out suitcases and crates, with their contents clearly visible as they were laid down under a powerful electric light fixture. Just west of this village, over the deforested hill, was the sea. A masked face emerged from the sea, and so did three other masked faces.

Each mask was a silver demon mask, depicting demons from the Book of Wisdom, the holy book of Agzatona. One of these masked people spoke as the rain poured down on them, and they made their way towards the shore. It was none other than a 17 year old Katya Nenyin who was being deployed on her first mission.

Katya: This rain just will not let up. We're not going to be able to utilize the moon for this. What do you wanna do, Kruger?

Kruger: We'll push up and go around the hill. We may not be able to use the moon as our eye, but we can still make use of its invisibility prowess. You and Vera will go around the right, me and Locke will go around the left. You'll move in on our mark.

Vera: We have at least 160 individuals within the village. Given the nature of the meeting, we should expect some of them will be a bit far off from the group and patrol the village.

Kruger: We'll be sure to handle that from our side. Katya, summon our gear and let's get moving.

The four all sat on the shore as Katya removed her mask, revealing her light skin, sharp blue eyes that seemed to glow in the night, and her long, thick mane of blond hair. She removed her swimming gloves, revealing her bare hands and purple finger nails. Katya clasped her hands together and locked her fingers. The symbol of the moon appeared on both of her hands as she placed them on the sand. With just a quick flash, a wooden chest containing plastic-wrapped gear appeared.

The chest was marked with a Moon Seal, which consisted of the moon symbol and a stylized circle surrounding the symbol. Katya took out the gear and handed it to her squadmates. Each of them unwrapped their items and placed them in the pockets of the protective vests, or in the pouches and pockets fastened around their belts. Poison needles, throwing daggers, wrist bolts, chlorine bombs and short swords were all unwrapped and put in their appropriate places.

Katya: Vera, let's hurry up and get going.

Vera: Oh don't be so hasty, Snow Queen.

Vera removed her mask and her face was revealed. She had brown eyes, with long black hair tied behind her back in a pony tail that stretched all the way down to her tailbone. Her bangs were parted and covered her round cheeks. The wind began to pick up and blew her hair in all sorts of directions as she placed her sword on her back and prepared to move out with Katya.

Vera: Don't be late, Kruger.

Kruger and Locke kept their masks on as they were still preparing.

Locke: When have either of us ever been late? And don't bring up the Shuzu incident, that was completely different.

Kruger: Let it go Locke. We won't be late, Vera. Try not to contact us using the Venus seal. Let's try to do this in complete silence until we reach our positions.

Katya and Vera ventured carefully through the forest together, with Katya leading the way. Suddenly, Katya crouched and help up her fist, signaling Vera to stop moving. She pointed to the ground with her hand, indicating the forest was booby trapped. Katya and Vera chose to travel atop the trees instead of walking on the ground. They jumped from branch to branch and made their way to their destination.

Meanwhile, Kruger and Locke approached the front of the village, which had its gates guarded by four men in camouflaged rain cloaks.

Locke: Four sorry souls, armed with longswords. Not much to speak of for armor. Do you want to take them out or bypass them?

Kruger: Let's go ahead and take them out from here. The rain is heavy, so let's use our needles. We'll aim for their necks. On my mark.

The two gazed eagerly at the four men who stood around joking together, unaware they were about to die.

Kruger: Three, two, one.....mark.

Kruger and Locke threw their poison needles forcefully, quickly, and synchronously. It took just 5 seconds for the men to fall to the ground, unable to move, speak, or see. Kruger and Locke moved their bodies off into the brush and continued towards the village.

Katya and Vera spotted a lone man below them from the treetops.

Vera took out her throwing knife, but was stopped by Katya's hand. Katya closed one of her eyes for 3 seconds. When it opened again, it was a glowing pink color, with the symbol of Venus imprinted on the pupil. She gazed at the man with this eye for no more than 2 seconds before closing it and bringing it back to normal.

Katya: Let's go.

Vera: Wait, what did you do?

Katya simply looked back at the man, and Vera did too. They watched as the man suddenly stabbed himself in the stomach and bled out on the floor.

Vera: Oh my god...shouldn't he be screaming?

Katya: The Art of Venus has the distinct power of influencing one's brain. A skilled user can do things such as shut down the nervous system with it.

Vera: As always, mailbox tits, you're just showin' off ain't ya?

Katya let out a gentle and innocent laugh

Katya: Maybe I am just a little bit. I just wanted to use it, that's all. Regardless, we're almost there. Kruger and Locke should be too.

Vera: I swear, going on a mission with these dolts is pure suicide. I wouldn't even be surprised if the village just suddenly erupted in a giant ball of flames and-

A loud, thunderous explosion rocked the village. The flames shot so high up into the sky, the light from the explosion reached over the hill, where Katya and Vera were.

Vera sat with wide eyes and a shocked expression

Vera: Son of a bitch! Now our cover is blown!

Katya: Forget it! Go loud! We're rushing towards the village now. Kill everyone and destroy the shipments! Go!

Katya and Vera made their way inside the village, illuminated by a great flame that consumed half of the hill. To their surprise, this was the work of a 3rd party. a group of soldiers rushed the village and fired disposable launchers at the weapons caches that were scattered about. Katya and Vera remained on the sidelines and watched the chaos unfold.

Vera: They're doing our job for us...

Katya: I don't see any coat of arms on their uniforms. They might just be another criminal organization. Regardless, it's kinda nice that we don't have to do anything right?

Vera: No.......I WANTED TO BLOW SH*T UP!

Katya: Whoa! Hey...uhhh....it's really not a big deal, this saves us the trouble-

Vera: All this saves us is the pleasure of doing our own job!

Kruger and Locke appeared behind Katya and Vera.

Kruger: Looks like we stumbled right into the hornet's nest with this one.

Vera: Hey, Kruger...

Kruger: Yeah?

Vera kicked Kruger in the one place a man should never be kicked. Vera began cursing, pointing her fingers at her team mates while doing so.

Vera: EVERY SINGLE TIME WE'RE ABOUT TO GRAB THE ENEMY BY THE ASS, WE SOMEHOW END UP BEING THE ONES TO GET SCREWED! GOD DAMN IT!

Locke: Damn it, there she goes cursing again. On a religious holiday nonetheless...

Vera: God damn it! And I was actually getting a little wet for once!

Locke: How is it that someone likes you gets off on violence but you still don't have to take a psych evaluation?

Vera: Because I do whatever the hell I want! Screw your psych tests!

Kruger: Well, none of this is our fault, so it's not really on us.

Katya: Should we just head back? I mean, our mission is just about done right now.

Vera: Screw you pussies. I'm going down there!

Katya: What?! Vera, wait!

Vera: You're not stopping me now, Snow Queen! Nothing is going to stop me from getting off this time! Join in or piss off!

Vera lept from behind the wall and jumped down into the middle of the chaos. Her sudden appearance made the fighting parties stop and gaze at her. The fire behind her casted her long shadow towards the men as she took out 3 canisters of chlorine bombs and chucked them at the crowd of criminals. She then took her sword from off of her back and began charging the fleeing criminals

Kruger: Ah to hell with it. Let's go in. and join her.

Katya: You've got to be kidding me...

Kruger: Come on, it will be fun!

The remaining three also jumped down and watched as Vera slaughtered the small army by herself.

Vera: YES! I'VE NEVER FELT SO ALIIIIIIIIIIVVEEEEE!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Locke: Honestly, I'm scared to even go near her.

Locke removed his mask. He had a shaven head, a large, scruffy beard, and a vertical scar on his right eye.

Locke: There's no need for the masks anymore, sir.

Kruger took off his mask as well. Kruger's long brown hair was free from the confines of the mask. His green eyes shone like emeralds in the illuminated village.

Kruger: Alright everyone. You've got my permission to engage. Knock yourselves out!

Katya charged in to save Vera from an incoming sword lunge from behind.

Katya: Hey! You dumb bitch! Behind you!

Vera ducked as one of the soldiers lunged his sword at her. Katya took advantage of his confusion and threw throwing knives in his eyes and in his forehead.

Katya: You are just an absolute handful!

Vera: That's what it means to be alive, baby!

The night was filled with the dying screams of men, and the twisted laughter of Vera. It would take 3 hours until the group was finished. They returned to Deshavi HQ before dawn, appearing before the massive waterfall that acts as a guarded entrance to the HQ, which was carved out of the cave network beyond the waterfall.

Locke: Sheeh, what an ordeal.

Katya: True, but the weapons were destroyed, the HVT's died, and we got to dance with a very organized army for once. Though I'm not to psyched about having to report that Vera went on a sex crazed massacre and started chopping up people just for the hell of it. Ain't that right, "Butcher"?

Vera: Oh shut the hell up. We got the job done either way. There's nothing wrong with having some fun!

Katya: Hothead.

Vera: Thundercunt.

Kruger: Enough! Let's just get back inside. I'll handle the mission report later. You guys just get some rest, alright?

Kruger walked on the water of the lake leading to the waterfall. He clasped his hands exactly how Katya did before, using the Art of Neptune to split the waterfall and allow for safe passage into Deshavi HQ. The group returned their gear, and separated into their dorms. Kruger and Locke said goodnight to Katya and Vera.

Kruger: Well, despite the mission not going the way it was planned, the objectives were completed. Good job, both of you! Nighty night!

Katya & Vera: Goodnight!

Katya and Vera went off into their room, removing their protective vests and other gear as they got ready to go to sleep.

Katya: Hey, how do you do it?

Vera: Do what?

Katya: Charge into crazy situations like that. I'd think you're a complete psychopath if I didn't know any better.

Vera: The fact that you DON'T think I'm a complete psychopath shows me you DON'T know any better!

Katya: Nah, I just have too much faith in you.

Vera: Thanks, bitch. I'll be sure to dream about you in my sleep.

Katya: Oh, burn in hell!

Katya sunk into her bed and immediately closed her eyes.

Katya: You're not coming to bed?

Vera: I will, I'm just gonna be in the bathroom for a few minutes.

Katya: Huh? What for? You already used the restroom.

Vera: After today's massive blueballing? What do you think?

Katya: Ah, right. I understand. Make sure nobody hears you. And try not to make a mess on the floor this time. I still haven't forgotten when I slipped and hit my head on the bath tub because of you.

Vera: No promises. I've got at least 2 months of stress built up. Need anything while I'm out?

Katya: Nah, I'm good. Night, sis.

Vera: Goodnight.

Meanwhile, Kruger met with Commander Borealis in his office to discuss the events of the mission. It was customary for subordinates to kneel before their superiors in meetings like these, with their fists placed firmly on the ground, and their swords laid down in front of them.

Borealis: I see. So there was a 3rd party involved. That may have a lot to do with Sankadesh being embargoed by Asaji. Their country depended on Asaji's support. That may just be the reason why they've stopped though. Sankadesh is on the verge of economic crisis while fighting a civil war. Meaning there are most likely many factions trying to get their hands on smuggled materials.

Kruger: Isn't the Asaji DAY supposed to handle things like this, sir?

Borealis: Daijin Aiwa Yozuruu. They're a very resourceful and skilled branch of the Asaji military. I'm sure Vashi is utilizing them in some form, but he's minimalizing their operative authority in the region. It only makes sense, Kruger. Your mission today proved Sankadesh is tearing itself apart from the inside. Why throw your best men in that kind of pointless fray?

Kruger: True, I suppose it does make sense. Either way, the HVT's on our end were killed. This is going to have a heavy effect on the Loyalist faction.

Borealis: Indeed. Getting the young Sankadesh prince into power is paramount to maintaining a strong economic relationship with Sankadesh. If the Loyalists continue to deal with Syvia instead of Asaji, you'll have my full permission to wipe them out completely. Until then, we'll just have to see what happens next. Oh, and Kruger?

Kruger: Yes, sir?

Borealis: Follow me to the White Room. Zetnya's team captured an HVT on their end. We have questions and he has answers. You're the one who's best suited for this.

Kruger:....Of course, sir.

Kruger followed Borealis with a blank look in his eyes. The White Room was an awful place. At the same time, it was a place that was absolutely necessary for the Deshavi Black Ops to do its job. Kruger had shown exceptional skill in enhanced interrogation techniques in his time with the Deshavi Black Ops. For this reason, he was often called upon to the White Room when his expertise was required.

The White Room had no doors or windows. The only way in and out of the White Room is to use the Art of Saturn, which allows the user to dematerialize and slip through objects. Once inside, Kruger and Borealis were greeted by Zetnya and his team. They moved out of the way as they approached their prisoner. In this pure white and spacious room, there was a man sitting naked, chained to the ceiling by his wrists, with a black blindfold around his eyes. He hung there bloodied, bruised, and confused. Kruger approached him.

Kruger: Do you know where you are?

The man nodded no.

Kruger: You're in the worst place in existence, bested only by hell itself. We know you've been helping smuggle weapons and supplies to the Loyalists in Sankadesh. You will either tell me everything about your involvement in these operations, or you will face the consequences.

The man's face grew flustered. As it was clear he was trying to make a choice in his mind, he began to cry.

Kruger: Depending on your willingness to cooperate, this might be the last few minutes you have in this world. I wouldn't waste them crying.

Everyone waited and waited, but the man wouldn't say a word.

Kruger: Very well then. I've given you 3 minutes to comply. And you failed. I'm going to inflict every kind of pain on your body, heart, and mind as I possibly can. Prepare yourself.

With the Art of Neptune, Kruger placed his hand on the stomach of the man, manipulating the stomach acid that rested within. Burning pain filled the man's stomach and esophagus, as his screams did the White Room. Borealis simply watched with his arms crossed. Borealis untied his long, white hair and watched as the man burned from the inside. It reminded him of the day half of his body was scorched during a mission, and he thought of the scars that still remain on his body.

Borealis: Kruger, don't go at one method for too long. It will affect your kidneys.

Kruger: Right, I know, Sir.

After hours torture, the man had spilled everything he knew about the Loyalist operations in Sankadesh. Names, locations, addresses, everything.

Man: Please.....let me go. I've told you....everything. Please, god. I just want to see my family....

Borealis looked at the man and then closed his eyes before speaking.

Borealis: We know your family was involved in the smuggling operations. There are already people on the way to dispose of them.

Man: What? NO! You're lying!

Borealis: If you wanted to see them so bad, you should've thought about their future the moment you involved them in the operations. Having a 14 year old girl smuggle grenades Katsuya Rockets. What kind of father are you exactly?

Zetnya: Your family became enemy accomplices the moment you got them involved. Today will be their last day alive.

Once again, the man grew quite and began to cry.

Borealis: You'll have plenty of time to apologize to your wife and daughter for failing them in the Underworld. Kruger, do it.

Kruger clasped his hands and the man bursted into flames. He swung around in the chains and screamed as the flames engulfed his body until they burned through his muscles and he could no longer move. In under a minute, his life was over.

Vera: Hot damn! No pun intended, of course

Borealis: Vera? When did you get in here?

Vera stood watching in her fishnet top and underwear, completely unnoticed until that point.

Vera: Just a few minutes ago! Yo, Kruger! That was so damn rad, baby! The way you mercilessly burned that man alive! And hell, you guys are even gonna kill his family too? F*ckin' A. I've never been so aroused in my life just watching this!

Kruger: Vera! That's enough. It's still early. You should get back to bed.

Kruger exited the White Room without glancing at anybody. This line of work had its toll on those who were obligated to do it. One by one, everyone else began leaving the room as well, leaving Vera alone in the White Room.

Vera: Ah, screw em.

Vera took one of the metal chairs standing against the wall and sat in front of the scorched remains of the prisoner. Vera took off her fishnet shirt, and stuck her right hand in her underwear.

Vera: There's no use in wasting a sight like this now, is there? When do you ever get to stare at the charred remains of a god-forsaken criminal one-on-one like this? What a sorry bastard.

Kruger found Vera's behavior towards the sights she often sees as symbolic more than annoying. To him, it was the embodiment of the heart of someone within the Deshavi Black Ops. Perhaps nobody else interprets those feelings the same way Vera does, but it was always commonplace in the Deshavi to blacken one's heart to the sight of ghastly violence.

Kruger: "The mind is the first casualty in war. The soldier who dies in his head in battle has already lost the fight. Through the unholy displays of blood and thunder throughout the world, the soldier who keeps his mind steady will always
emerge victorious." Sometimes I really question if that's the truth.

Kruger could hear Vera behind the wall, and began to wonder how she can react this way with such a grim sight in front of her.

Kruger: At least she's adopted this mentality. Well, one way or the other.

Katya's team was among the most awkward teams in the Deshavi Black Ops. Vera drew sexual excitement from violence. Kruger was the designated interrogator. Katya herself was the most skilled member of the Black Ops, and also held a very precious ability within her. Locke seemed to be the only normal person in the Deshavi. As normal as it gets, anyway.

Katya finally awoke alone in her room, ready to start another day of life in the Deshavi Black Ops.

Katya let out a yawn.

Katya: First thing is first. I need to talk to Borealis about my eyes.

Katya closed her eyes and opened them again. Revealing the symbol of Saturn in her left eye, and the symbol of Mars in her right eye. These deadly eyes. What kind of power is this? What secrets lay beyond the eyes of death itself?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:47:50 PM by OhGodHelpMe »

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: Katyanaishka Chronicles (6 Cataclysms)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
Strength and Insanity
Spoiler
Katya emerged from her room, with her hair in a frizzy mess as she yawned and walked by the rooms of the other female Deshavi members on her way to see Borealis. There was a faint smell and sound of water, as the female section of Deshavi HQ was closest to the waterfall that guarded the entrance to the base. Katya's necklace, which had the symbol of the Deshavi Black Ops on it, dangled on her chest as she walked up the wide, ascending staircase to the upper level of the base. As she got closer to Borealis's office, the indirect light from the morning sun faded, and the cave was illuminated by torches placed along both sides of the walls. Katya knocked, and was allowed to enter.

Borealis's office was a spacious, and mostly empty room. The ceiling was high, the walls were far apart, and two statues which held torches sat across from each other, giving a sense of center and form to the spacious room. His desk was in front of the statues which depicted Agzabah and Zorc, and Borealis sat on a pillow, with his back against the wall, writing into empty scrolls. The smell of incense filled Borealis's office.

Borealis: Ah, Katya. Good morning.

Borealis didn't even have to look up from his writing to know it was Katya. Katya knelt in the traditional fashion, with the fist of her right hand placed firmly on the ground so her knuckles touched the floor. One knee was laid flat on the ground, and the other was used as a rest for the other arm, with the foot laid normally on the floor.

Katya: Good morning, Commander. If it's not a hindrance on your part, I'd like to talk to you about something important.

Borealis: Oh? And what would that be?

Katya: My eyes. And ocular energy exertion in general, sir.

Borealis ceased his writing and looked up at Katya.

Borealis: What about it? Are you experiencing any bodily complications?

Katya: Slightly, sir. My left eye hurts from time to time, but I'm not experiencing any headaches. I've only been using it very lightly and-

Borealis: Katya. Need I remind you the circumstances in which such dangerous method of energy exertion is allowed? You are to use that technique only in moments of extreme danger. If there is nothing preventing you from just using your hands, then that should be the default. Not only does ocular energy exertion affect the eyes, but it could have severe affects on the brain as well. You're our best soldier, and acting recklessly in any field of operation would be disgraceful to the Deshavi, and to the discipline associated with practicing the Marluxian Arts.

Katya: I apologize for my lack of conduct and discipline, sir. But I need to make a request. Please, allow me to continue training with my eyes.

Borealis: Hmm? And what exactly do you require this training for? You've already passed 3 tiers of ocular training. Are you telling me you want to proceed to the final tier?

Katya: Yes. I want to proceed. I want to proceed because I feel that I can handle it. And I would like to have this power in handy if I ever need it. I shall be diligent with this ability, but I need it to be in full strength for when I do need it.

Borealis: The 4th tier of ocular training is very dangerous. Only Commander Anzu III and his disciple ever took on such a task, and Anzu was the only one to endure its aftereffects. This could cause necrosis of your eyes or brain if gone wrong, perhaps even severe ocular trauma. Are you absolutely sure of this?

Katya: I'm positive.

Borealis: Very well then, Katya. The first thing that will need to happen is a scan of your brain and eyes. We can do this painlessly with the Art of Venus in the Medical Room. Then, a psychological evaluation will be needed. This kind of technique works best when the user has a clear mind, free from any mental illness or immediate trauma. After that, we can begin. This shouldn't take long, so head over to the Medical Room now. They should all be awake by now. Take this slip, it will permit you to be scanned immediately.

Katya: Thank you, sir. I will not fail you.

Katya took the permission slip and left for the Medical Room.

Borealis: It's not failure I'm worried about, Katya......

Katya arrived at the medical room, which was pure white, and filled with beds and operating tables. Everyone wore hairnets, black coats, plastic gloves, white shirts with the symbol of the Deshavi printed on them in black. A female doctor named La'amica approached Katya.

La'amica: Good morning, Katya! What business do you have here this early?

Katya: I'm going to be starting some very perilous training shortly. For that, Commander Borealis has issues an Immediate Action Medical Slip for me, to have my eyes and brain scanned.

La'amica: Ahh, I see. Well then, let's go ahead and get started. I can perform the scan for you if you'd like, unless you prefer someone else do it.

Katya: No, it's fine. You can do it.

La'amica: Alright, just lay down on the table here then. There's no need to remove any clothing for this.

Katya laid down on the operating table, looking up at the ceiling and the bright light shining down on the room. La'amica removed her gloves and washed her hands with cold water, a standard procedure for these kinds of examinations.

Katya: You know, I remember when Vera used to be in the Medical Division.

La'amica: Ah, yes. I do too. She wasn't exactly the sanest of the bunch. She was one of the few that offered to help out in the morgue. Then she was appointed to handle all duties relating to autopsies, measuring the bodies, cleaning the bodies, and placing them in their appropriate crypts. Took us a while to understand why she kept taking bathroom breaks and washed her hands more frequently than anybody else.

Katya: Silly as it may be, that's Vera for you.

La'amica: I just don't understand how a girl can get off on that kind of stuff. If we received corpses soon enough for them to get erections, I wouldn't be surprised if we caught her sleeping with one.

Katya: Not at all, actually. She's not really into being with other people. She likes to be alone in everything she does. I think she's more concerned about the sight and smell of it than with anything. She'd be caught using the handle of her sword faster than she'd ever be caught with a man or woman.

La'amica: That woman is truly troubling. All right, Katya. Close your eyes and relax. I'm going to lay my hands on your head now.

Katya did as she was instructed, and she immediately felt the cold touch of La'amica's hands. The immediate sensation of the cold against her head made La'amica's job of accessing Katya's mind easier. La'amica closed her eyes and was able to examine different parts of Katya's brain. Her immediate thoughts were focused on the previous meeting she had with Borealis, and of the mission she was on last night. Deeper into her thoughts, La'amica could sense Katya was not pleased with her own progress. She had high confidence, but always felt that she could do more. This was not interpreted as an insecurity, but rather as an ambition. There were no signs of depression or any violent thoughts in Katya's mind.

La'amica: Doing good Katya. Just a little bit longer.

Now examining her brain's physical health, La'amica see a healthy brain. Nothing appeared to be wrong with it at all.

La'amica: Alright, good job Katya. You can sit up now, I'm going to check your eyes.

Katya sat up as La'amica flashed lights into here eyes. Katya's gaze wandered around the room, and back to La'amica. Katya took note of La'amica's thick, pink lips, and the long brown hair she had under her hairnet. La'amica had a slim waist and wide hips, which were complemented by the curvacious shapes of her legs. Katya, without thinking, stuck her hands into La'amica's pants, rubbing her buttocks as she leaned in to kiss La'amica. La'amica backed away and gazed at Katya in awkward shock.

La'amica: Uhm....I....listen, Katya, I don't.....

Katya: I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me...

La'amica: Ah...well, uh....don't worry about it! Sometimes people act a little weird once they have their minds scanned. It's normal as your body's energy readjusts after being disrupted by the Art of Venus, especially somewhere sensitive like the brain. But, anyway, uhh...your eyes are healthy, so you're free to go.

Katya simply got up and left. La'amica didn't think much of the event, as what she said earlier was indeed true. Katya walked through the halls of the base, ready to go back to Borealis to start the training. As she walked, Vera came from the other end of the hall.

Katya: Oh, good morning Vera.

Vera: Morning, sugar tits. Hey, have you seen Kruger around?

Katya: No, not since last night.

Vera: Damn. The fag*ot is mad at me about something. I think I hurt his feelings or some queer sh*t. I was gonna say sorry but now I'm getting tired of playing Find The Fag*ot. I might just go back to bed since we don't have any missions today.

Katya: Wait, why would Kruger be mad?

Vera: He had a job in the White Room last night. Obviously the guy doesn't seem to be mentally cut out for that kind of crap but he keeps insisting on doing it. Gotta wonder if the guy is punishing himself or something. Anyway, where are you headed this early?

Katya: Oh, uhh.....I'm actually going to start Tier 4 ocular training in a little bit.

Vera: *whistle* Seriously? That's some hardcore sh*t right there, sis. Best of luck to you, don't get hurt or anything.

Katya: Thanks, Vera.

Katya and Vera parted, and Katya finally made her way to Borealis, who asked that they meet outside on the lake for their training. The morning breeze felt good on Katya's skin as she exited the cave. The sun had fully risen and the birds were chirping beautifully.

Borealis: First thing is first. Let's warm up. I'm going to send some pebbles flying into the air using the Art of Earth. You set them on fire with the Art of Mars using your eye.

Katya: Right.

Katya closed her left eye and opened it again to summon forth the symbol of Mars on her pupil, and her eyes glowed a bright orange.

Borealis: Ready?

Borealis clasped his hands and locked his fingers, preparing to bring pebbles from the lake up into the air at a high speed. Katya prepared herself to spot her targets.

Borealis: NOW!

3 pebbles emerged from the lake so fast that any normal person wouldn't be able to see them. Katya closed her right eye and spotted the pebbles in the air with her left eye. The pebbles caught on fire and popped in the air, causing sparks to fall from the sky and into the water.

This continued for a steady 5 minutes, as Borealis noted that Katya's speed had vastly improved since her last training session.

Borealis: Excellent. How are you feeling?

Katya: All ready to go, sir!

Borealis: Good. Now then. One of the upsides of ocular energy exertion, is the ability to perform two different arts are the same time. One with your eye, and one with your hands.

Katya: Seriously? Is that really possible? How much strain will that inflict on the body?

Borealis: Tremendous amounts. Let's say you wanted to perform the Art of Mars and the Art of Saturn at the same time. If you performed the Art of Mars with your eye, that stress that would usually be inflicted on your heart is inflicted on your eyes and brain. Meanwhile, the Art of Saturn would inflict its usual stress on your stomach. The user would need to be in great physical and mental health if he wished to survive this kind of action. We're going to try this out. I did tell you this training would be deadly, after all. Are you ready for this?

Katya: Absolutely!

Borealis: Then let us begin. We'll focus on the arts of Neptune and Jupiter.

While Katya trained with Borealis right outside of Deshavi HQ, Vera ran into Kruger and Locke on her way to the female dorms. They were both fully geared up, as if they were going on a mission.

Vera: The hell is this? You two playing dress-up or are you going out somewhere? Our team doesn't have a mission today.

Locke: Our team doesn't. But me and Kruger do.

Vera: Hey, Kruger. Talk to me, assh*le. You've been avoiding me ever since the White Room

Kruger: Sorry, Vera. Now's not the time. We've been summoned by Queen Kalina.

Vera: Damn, Kalina?! How come you losers get to get hang with the Queen of Vevoskovia?

Locke: We're not hanging. Besides, there's an important mission waiting for us. We'll give you the details later. We've got to get going.

Vera: Sh*t. Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to go on requested missions from the Queen. Well, whatever. Smell ya later, queers.

Locke: You know, you shouldn't avoid your own team mates. It's irresponsible of you to do.

Kruger: Let's just get this done.

Kruger and Locke stepped outside to prepare to head out. They saw Katya and Borealis training together as they emerged from the waterfall

Borealis: You two going somewhere?

Locke: Yes, we were summoned by Queen Kalina.

Borealis: All right then, don't get hurt out there.

Kruger: If I may ask, sir, what exactly are you doing?

Borealis: Tier 4 training for Katya's eyes.

Kruger stared at Katya as she panted heavily, and was bleeding from her left hey. The blood ran down her cheek and into the water she stood upon.

Kruger: Is Katya going to be okay? She's out of breath, and she's even bleeding.

Borealis: I did say this was Tier 4 training, didn't I? It's par for the course. She'll be okay.

Locke: Kruger, we need to get going. Now.

Kruger: Right. Well, later.

Katya: Later!

Kruger and Locke made their way to Castle Asane, the personal property of the Menlayev bloodline. Built along the stairs leading up the hill to the castle walls, statues of the previous kings and queens of Vevoskovia had been carved out. Their names were written on the bases of each statue, as well as an epitaph in their honor. On the bases of each statue, the Asane Clan crest was also carved.

Kruger and Locke made their way to Queen Kalina's room, and knelt before their lord.

Kruger: We're here, my lord. What is it you require?

Kalina had her crown resting on her kitchen table, and her long, red hair traveled all the way down to her wrists. Her eyes were green, and her skin seemed to glow beautifully in the sunlight. Kalina was very soft spoken, but her words were often harsh.

Kalina: Rise. Kruger, Locke.

Kruger and Locke eased out of their submission kneel, and stood up as their queen ordered

Kalina: As you both know, Sankadesh has been fighting through a turbulent civil war. Loyalists and Revolutionaries have been at each others throats for the past 9 months. The trips there aren't exactly "safe". The SOE reported early today that the Loyalists have advanced and captured the city of Onopur. Feudal Lord Elvira was captured in that city. The remaining Revolutionaries intend to try and cut the Loyalists a deal in return for their safety and release of Elvira, the fools. They're going to give them information on Vevoskovia's new favorite prince. Prince Salem. If this happens, Vevoskovia's interests would be directly affected. Prince Salem is trying to get the country out of the Iron Curtain state its been in for all these years. He wants to open up to Vevoskovia and Asaji. If the information leak gets him killed, we'd lose a very potent ally. I'm asking that you slaughter the revolutionaries in Onopur, completely. Leave no one alive. Their situation is hopeless. Salem won't be able to give them reinforcements, and the Supreme Senate doesn't want the SOE to get directly involved in the fighting.

Locke: Understood, my lord. We shall travel to Onopur immediately and silence them for good.

Kruger: Enemy presence in Onopor will be heavy if it's been captured. We can travel there no, but it would be ideal if we could wait until night to actually exterminate them. The moon will allow us to remain invisible.

Kalina: Do as the situation dictates. Just be sure to get the job done. And as usual, leave no trace of Vevoskovian involvement.

Kruger: Yes, my lord.

Suddenly, the sound of a door opening surprised everyone. It was a 20 year old Tokahev. His hair was long, and the back of it was tied while the front of it covered the sides of his face and ears, and traveled down to his ribs. The sunlight outlined how frizzy and messy his hair was.

Kalina: I believe I told you to remain in your room, love.

Tokahev: Sorry, I've been invited to take a tour of the SOE department, so I'm going there now.

Tokahev gazed at the men who kneeled before his mother, though he could not see their faces.

Tokahev: Deshavi Black Ops?

Kalina: Yes, dear. Now if you please, these men have an important assignment. Be on your way.

Tokahev: Right, see you later tonight, mom.

Tokahev departed Castle Asane, taking on the educational duties of being a king for the future.

Kalina: Go, now.

Locke: Yes, my lord.

Using the Art of Mercury, Kruger and Locke jumped great distances, leaping their way to Sankadesh. Katya continued her toughest training yet, in a strong desire to get stronger.

It seemed as if everyone was filling the empty space in their hearts with either strength, or a punishing dose of insanity.

Burden of Blood
Spoiler
Katya and Borealis trained until the moon had risen. Katya's head was hurting, her throat was burning, and her eyes felt like they had giant boulders trying to force their way out of her sockets. Their clothing and hair were wet, from all the water that splashed around as a result of their attacks. Borealis tied up his hair as Katya knelt on the water catching her breath.

Borealis: Your progress is beginning to eclipse even that of Commander Anzu III. You should be proud. Are your head and eyes alright?

Katya: Yes sir, just a little dizzy.

Borealis: You should rest up soon. If you experience any further head pain, you should HEAD over to the Medical Room. They'll give you a proper scan for brain trauma and medication if you need it.

Katya: With all due respect, that wasn't very funny sir.

Borealis chuckled.

Borealis: If the fate of Vevoskovia depended on me telling a good joke, we would all be annihilated.

Borealis clasped his hands to perform the last Marluxian Art of the day; lighting all of the torches inside and outside of the base. With the clasp of his hand, they all caught fire and illuminated Deshavi HQ.

Borealis: You're not coming in?

Katya: I'm gonna sit out here for a little while.

Borealis: Suit yourself. But do try to be back inside soon.

Borealis split the water fall at the entrance of Deshavi HQ, and proceeded to head to his quarters for bed. Katya laid on the grass next to the lake, staring up at the moon. Before she knew it, Katya drifted off into a deep sleep. Vera wondered where Katya was, and went outside past the waterfall to see if she was still out there training.

Vera: Why is it that I'm always the one searching for everyone else...

Vera felt the coolness in the air pierce her skin, and she covered them with her hands to keep warm.

Vera: Sheesh, I really should've worn a hoodie. Cold nipples stick out like a sore thumb in these shirts.

Vera spotted Katya laying on the grass and walked over to her.

Vera: Is she sleeping? She must've had a long, hard day of training.

Vera bent down to pick Katya up and carry her on her back.

Vera: Let's get you in bed, love. You deserve your proper rest.

Vera was a little overwhelmed by just how heavy Katya was, and struggled as she tried to stand on her feet.

Vera: God damn, you fat sack of sh*t and shame, how can you be this heavy? It's probably because you're just knocked out cold, but maybe your tits have their own gravitational pull or something. Damn it. I'm just talking to myself here, aren't I?

With Katya on her back, Vera walked back to their room and laid Katya on the bed. She washed Katya's hands and face for her, got her out of her gear and into her sleeping clothes, and even tied her hair for her. She turned out the light and prepared to sleep.

Vera: Goodnight, Katya.

Meanwhile, far away in the turbulent country of Sankadesh, Locke and Kruger arrived at the city of Onnopur. Onnopur was filled with clean neighborhoods and local businesses. It resided close to the sea and was a place of abundance. That luster and abundance was torn apart and nullified by the civil war that was consuming the entire country. Sounds of artillery cannons firing off shells can be heard far away. The Main Square of Onnopur itself was completely overtaken by Loyalist forces and allied insurgency groups. Kruger and Locke waited and watched atop a hill covered by a thick line of trees.

Locke: How tight is it?

Kruger: There's at least 140 people stationed around the square. About 40 more inside the Feudal Lord's office. Looks like they've rounded up the Royalists and shoved them in there too.

Locke: Our objective is to stop information about Elvira or any of the other Feudal Lords in support of Prince Salem from leaking out to the Loyalist parties. We should focus on the guards atop the roof. Then we can move in and kill everyone inside.

Kruger: They're all gathered in the 1st floor auditorium.

Locke: Perfect. How about dropping in through the roof and upper floors?

Kruger: Green light on that plan. Doesn't look like anyone else is stationed on the upper floors. Masks on. Let's keep this under 15 minutes. We'll probably attract a lot of attention once we start killing everyone in the building. Once it's done, let's get back up to the roof and get back to Deshavi HQ. The moon will be our ticket out of here.

Locke: I've already utilized the Art of Uranus. There won't be any clouds blocking it when we get out.

Kruger: Good. Let's move.

Kruger and Locke teleported to the back ledge of the roof of the Feudal Lord's office and climbed on top of it. The two remained completely invisible with the Art of Moon. Three guards stood upon the roof, looking down on their comrades as they settled into the area. The Loyalists didn't have standard uniforms, but all of them did wear flack jackets with the Sankadesh Royal Crest on them. Their longswords rested by their side, but the guards still had knives holstered in there boots.

Kruger and Locke got into position, silently signaling each other to kill the guard they were behind. Kruger grabbed one and broke his neck. Locke grabbed the other and disintegrated his entire body with the Art of Saturn. The other one watched as his friends were killed by something he couldn't see. Before he could react, Kruger strangled him with a Deshavi Barbed Choke Wire. The guard struggled and kicked, but died in his hopeless situation.

Locke: A little sloppy, but we got that part done. Now we drop through the floors and torch the bastards.

Kruger and Locke clasped their hands together, using the Art of Saturn to dematerialize their bodies so they can fall right through the roof, 3rd floor, 2nd floor, and onto the 1st floor auditorium. Their invincibility wore off since they were no longer directly under the moon, but nobody noticed their quiet entry at first.

Locke: Well, Kruger?

Kruger: Burn them all.

Kruger and Locke pointed their palms, which had the symbol of Mars on them, towards the crowds of Revolutionaries and their Loyalist captors. Magnificent and furious gusts of flames hurled towards the hundreds of people in the auditorium as it filled with the sounds of crackling fire and agonizing screams. In an instant, the job was done. Vevoskovia's interests were protected once more. The sudden bursts of flames alerted the infantry outside of the office. Expecting to find a large team of attackers, they walked in only to find everyone burning to death, with no trace of an enemy.

Kruger and Locke were already teleported back to Deshavi HQ. They both took off their masks and took a moment to rest in front of the massive waterfall at the entrance.

Kruger: Well, there goes out mission for the night.

Kruger sat down panting, catching a breath of fresh air after being inside the flaming auditorium.

Kruger: Well, I'll report this to Borealis. Can you handle reporting the mission's success to Queen Kalina?

Locke: Absolutely. I can do that if she's still awake.

Kruger: Thanks, buddy.

Locke teleported to Kalina's balcony, knocking on the glass door to wake her up. Kalina arose out of bed, dressed in her beautiful, snow white sleeping garments. She never tied her hair when she slept.

Kalina: Is it done?

Locke sat on the balcony rail as the wind blew the fabric of his clothing.

Locke: It's finished. Sensitive information about Prince Salem has been protected.

Kalina: Excellent.

Locke: I'm very sorry to disturb your slumber, my lord. Please, continue sleeping. It's very late.

Kalina: Ah, yes! Of course. You have a good night, Locke.

Locke: Same to you, my lord.

As Kalina closed her glass door, Locke notice cuts on Kalina's right arm. Cuts that would normally appear on someone who was harming themselves. He wanted to ask why the Queen of Vevoskovia would bear such shameful marks on her royal skin. But he remained silent and minded his own business. He soon returned to Deshavi HQ, hung up his gear, and rested for the night.

Back at Sankadesh, the charred ruins of the Feudal Lord's Office had its flames extinguished by Loyalist forces. In the cover of darkness, Von, Iris, and Phaedra watched from one of the hills overlooking the city.

Von: My, my. What a particularly messy situation.

Von stood with his arms crossed as his long, black hooded robe danced in the wind. The sleeves for the robe were too long for his arms, and they blew around in the wind as well. Von took off his hood, revealing his face scarred by time. His light blonde hair was starting to grey, and his right eye glowed a terrifying red as it was marked with the symbol of Nibiru. There were burn marks on the left side of his face that made it seem like half his face belonged to someone else. The scars were old and had healed fine, but one could tell he was involved in something awful that burned him when he was younger.

Von: Given the system Sankadesh operated under for so long, this calamitous civil war was ineluctable.

Phaedra, the former 3rd Rosidanna who was thought to be long dead stood next to Von. She wore the traditional Phoenix Demon cloak. It was long and black, with silver drawstrings for the hood. The back of the cloak was adorned with a large symbol of a Lotus Flower, the official symbol of the Order of the Phoenix Demons. Phaedra wore a special black blindfold that covered her empty eyesockets. It was given to Phaedra by Von the day he found her.

It allowed her to see and comprehend images through their energy signature, as her eyes were ripped out by Syvian invaders the day Omni fell and the clans were wiped out. Her hair was silky, black, and beautifully long. It flowed down to her hips, and rested on her much of her face in the front.

She wore beaded hair ornaments, where strands of hair that were braided were fit through. Her earrings were made out of beautiful diamonds, and had strands of purple cloth hanging from them. Her necklace bore the Asane Clan crest painted in yellow on a black pendant.

Phaedra: To vouch for peace while soaking the soil of the earth in blood. It's like an hereditary poison passed down in the genes of every man and woman. Even in my lifetime, I've seen countless people forced to fight in these wars. The old commanded the young, the poor, and the weak to die for nations and values they felt no commitment to. It's an unfortunate and cyclical tragedy that continues to consume the lives of countless people even to this day.

Von: Hence the 5 Cataclysms up to now. We'll end this cycle soon enough, Phaedra.

Phaedra crossed her arms and closed her eyes.

Phaedra: If these imprudent mortals don't destroy themselves first.

Iris stood up, dressed in the black cloak of the Oblisks. Under his cloak, he wore casual clothing. Black velvet pants and a white tunic with golden buttons. He had shorter hair then the rest, as it only covered his ears. He wore a bandage wrapped around his head and kept his hair over it. He wore a Shaina Clan ring, and kept a sword without a handguard sheathed on his waist, both adorned with the Shaina Clan crest.

Von: Oh, look. You've gotten up. Perhaps you actually intend on shedding the yoke of ineptitude?

Iris: Cut me a break, gramps. Zorc's been riding my ass this whole time. It's hard to keep him at bay and keep up with you at the same time. Do you seriously believe this civil war can become anything bigger? I mean, if there's no direct involvement from foreign military, that surely must mean none of the involved parties think bloodshed is worth it. These kinds of things fizzle out on their own, don't they?

Von: Perhaps. But one can never be too safe. The nations of this world are too volatile. They all have too much to lose. It would be a power play on Vevoskovia's part to get the military more involved, as Syvia is still in the midst of re-militarization. But if that opportunity is passed up, and Syvia acts instead, it may cause Vevoskovia and Asaji to play their hand.

Phaedra: If an SOE agent was somehow killed in a reckless battle with the KGR, their team mates won't take it lightly. SOE teams will retaliate if the KGR starts absorbing their area of operations. And if the KGR are killed in a fight, Yondel will hold Vevoskovia accountable. If both nations get their military involved and more people kill each other, then we'll be locked in a war before we know it. Such a war would be absolutely cataclysmic. It must be prevented in all avenues where it could occur. Caution is the best strategy for this situation.

Iris: Alright, I'm guessing my opinion is overruled then...

Phaedra: Von, things seem calm around her for now. We have another pressing issue to worry about, don't we?

Von: Ah, yes. How could I forget? The Forbidden Statue. I want to learn its secrets. How was Agzabah able to open it? What does it require? What kind of power does the Great Destroyer truly have?

Phaedra: I take it you've decided on who the guinea pig is?

Von: I've narrowed down the possibilities.

Iris: Damn, it's someone in the Deshavi Black Ops, isn't it?

Von: Yes, indeed it is. But I need someone with true darkness and ambition nested in their hearts. Further observation should yield the results I desire. But for now, there is one particular person who has piqued my interest.

Phaedra: And who would that be?

Von walked away from the edge of the hill and put his hood back on.

Von: The young man whose heart is filled with anger, disappointment, and agony. Kruger.

Phaedra: You should be thankful, Von. The continuing labors of my descendents has offered you plenty of choices for your scheme.

Von: "Glory to the Queen", is that what you wanted to hear?

Phaedra blushed and her voice squeaked in excitement.

Phaedra: Yes! Thank you!

Iris: Geez, you must've had a jacked up childhood to be THIS duplicitous in your tone.

Phaedra clasped her hands and elevated a part of the ground to hit Iris in the area where no man should ever be hit. Iris could only sit and roll around on the ground in pain. It hurt so much he couldn't even yell out.

Phaedra: Serves you right!

The wind began to pick up, and Phaedra began to sneeze.

Von: Phaedra, your allergies are acting up again. We should get you back to the safehouse.

Phaedra: It's not allergies! I swear, the wind is just really cold here in a coastal city!

Von laughed and prepared to teleport everyone back to their hideout with the Eye of Nibiru.

Von: Your secret is safe with me, Phaedra Asane.

And so, the Earth carried a burden of blood on it, as described by Phaedra herself. A curse that repeats itself until Humanity ultimately engineers its own destruction. When there weren't enough adults to fight, children would fill the ranks. The Lotus Flower on the back of her cloak symbolized something, an ideal that has left its mark on her. That the Earth is like a lotus. It can rise above the dirty and bloody waters of the past, and bloom into something beautiful.

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
Re: Katyanaishka Chronicles (6 Cataclysms)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:48:34 PM »
Free Will, a Blessed Curse
Spoiler
Two days had passed since the end of the mission. On this day, Queen Kalina was to appear before the Supreme Senate to discuss the situation in Sankadesh. In the afternoon, Kalina and Tokahev arrived in the Great Halls of Tenzo Palace, where the meeting was to take place.

The Great Hall was built like an amphitheater, with cascading wooden desks that stretched from the walls of the room to the very middle, leaving room for a staircase between them leading down to the Royal Seat and speaking platform. The room had a large skylight above the speaking platform, and the sun would shine down brilliantly on it, illuminating the room with indirect light. Three statues surrounded the platform in a triangular fashion. These statues were depictions of Lady Justice, Lady Equality, and Lady Peace.

They were made of marble, but the items held by the statues were made of gold and glimmered in the sunlight. All of them were depicted wearing flowy, transparent linen robes. The transparency of their robes to their bodies were brilliantly carved with awesome technique. Lady Justice held a golden sword skyward towards the sun and a set of golden scales.

Lady Equality wore a blindfold around her eyes, and both of her wrists were adorned with broken golden shackles, held up proudly towards the sun. Lady Peace had golden flowers in her hair and held a golden dove in her hands. She held it towards the sun, and it looked as if she was setting the bird free as its wings were spread out, as if it were preparing to fly away. Right behind the Royal Seat was the flag of Vevoskovia, draped down to the floor from the ceiling.

The room was filled with Supreme Senate members. All 12 of them took their seats. Tokahev sat next to his mother on a seat that was at a lower height then the Queen's. Kalina rose up from her seat to start the meeting off with the standard prayer.

Kalina: To our people, laws, ideals, and way of life, may our Creator and our Keeper bless us and watch over us, in the name of the Path of the Lotus. Indra Edo. Everyone else in the room repeated her last phrase. Indra Edo was the formal way Luxaura would end his prayers in the Book of Wisdom, written thousands of years ago in a completely different era.

Senator Samara stood up to speak.

Samara: As we all know, the Feudal Lords supporting Prince Salem have been hit hard by a Loyalist offensive. The latest casualty of this was, unfortunately, Feudal Lord Elvira. King Khana has not only enlisted the help of his own armed forces, but that of civilians and radical terrorist organizations as well. Their advances throughout the cities of Sankadesh has cost the Revolutionaries greatly. Every day, they draw closer to cornering Prince Salem. This not only hurts the people of Sankadesh, but also hurts Vevoskovian and Asaji interests as well. King Khana has dealt almost exclusively with the Syvian Assembly, as they provided him with weapons, supplies, and money.

*WAR IS ON SALE*

Samra: Yet despite this, Khana has made Sankadesh into what can only be described as an Iron Curtain regime, with information about the country being unattainable through conventional means such as pamphlets and government reports. Prince Salem wished to undo this and open partnerships with Vevoskovia and Asaji. Prince Salem could serve as a way for Vevoskovia to purchase resources and trade knowledge with the people of Sankadesh, but this possibility has been greatly hindered by the civil war. Not only have Vevoskovian ambassadors and tourists been unfairly incarcerated under the rule of King Khana, but the Special Organization of Espionage has had to bury 4 agents in the past 2 months, as a direct result with intense fighting with Loyalist forces armed with Syvian weaponry.

One could almost feel the resentment for Syvia heat up the very air in the room.

Samara: This occurs during a time where King Yondel unlawfully and arrogantly works to re-militarize Syvia. In response to the severity of this situation, the Asaji have made it clear that they will respond with equal force if Vevoskovia opts for military intervention. The radical organizations under Khana's payroll have made regaining lost ground much tougher than it should ever have to be. They've massacred not only those suspected of supporting the Revolutionaries, but those who follow Agzatona as well. Their disgusting acts of brute force and ideological violence has claimed the lives of civilians and soldiers alike.

*PEACE IS OVER*

Samara: In response to this increased aggression throughout the country, the commanders of the SOE have narrowed our options down to 3 possible choices. 1; Give full authority to the SOE to engage in Aggressive Counter-Intelligence Operations. This includes but is not limited to: Discrediting Khana and his allies in Sankadesh media, bribing opponents of Khana to fight against him under Vevoskovian payroll, planting moles in Khana's network of allies, killing Khana's loved ones, beating and intimidating Khana's allies, and assassination if necessary. 2; Shelling Operations. Vevoskovia has the worlds most advanced artillery, mortars, rockets, and missiles. This option allows us to deploy a minimal amount of men and give shelling support to the Revolutionaries from afar. 3; Full Scale Deployment. Vevoskovia is capable of weaponizing and mobilizing our troops at the drop of a hat. Though this option is costly, the country could handle a prolonged conflict in its current economic state. I ask the Queen what she thinks of these options.

Kalina stood up.

Kalina: Given the costs and risks of option 3, we will save that until the situation becomes absolutely dire. I want to go with Option 1, giving the SOE full authority to engage in ACIO tactics, with option 2 as a fallback on standby. For now, dealing with the Loyalists as discreetly and inconspicuously as possible will cost us the less amount of money and resources, and it can be done under the nose of a re-militarizing Syvia. Another thing. The Feudal Lords depend on Prince Salem, and Prince Salem depends on the Feudal Lords. I'm sure they're feeling down given their recent defeat at the hands of the Loyalists. I want the SOE to smuggle them out of the country and ensure their safety.

Senator Daemon stood to speak.

Daemon: Do you intend to provide refuge for them here in Vevoskovia?

Kalina: Absolutely. The Menlayev family will pay for the expenses involved in the operation to get them out of Sankadesh. We can place them under Persecution License and give them military protection here. We cannot afford the morale of the Revolutionaries to falter at such a critical time in the civil war.

The senators all nodded in agreement. Tokahev also agreed with his mother's actions. He thought he would've made the exact same decision given the circumstances and risks involved

Samara: Unless there are any further concerns or questions about Sankadesh or how Vevoskovia will react accordingly, this senate will take the vote. All those in favor of utilizing the SOE's ACIO tactics, giving them full permission to engage in more aggressive operations, please say Aye.

The room was filled with an unanimous Aye.

Samara: All those in favor of escorting the Feudal Lords and Prince Salem out of Sankadesh, please say Aye.

Once again, the room erupted in an unanimous Aye.

Samara: The vote is unanimous. The Supreme Senate hereby grants the SOE the power to operate as specified. Is there anything else, Queen Kalina?

Kalina: No, that will be all. You're all dismissed.

The room emptied as the Senators got up to have break in the Dining Room. The only sound left was the sound of their chatter behind the closed doors of the Great Hall.

Tokahev: You made a pretty good choice, mom. It's the safest way to play in this situation.

Kalina: If this civil war results in the extirpation of Sankadesh's Linen Curtain party, we would have missed a major economic opportunity. I'm so glad you see it my way, Toky Woky!

Tokahev crossed his arms and looked away from his mother

Tokahev: I told you not to call me that!

Kalina laughed and leaned in towards Tokahev

Kalina: Oh, but come on! I used to call you that all the time and you loved it!

Tokahev: When I was a kid! I swear, it's the sickness of every over-affectionate mother. Everything that's embarrassing for the child to remember is nothing more than an adorable memory for the mother.

Kalina: Over-affectionate? I hardly bug you enough these days! My little man is on his way to becoming the heir to the throne!

Tokahev: How can you call me a little man, I'm 20!

Kalina: Is 20 years old too late to go get some ice cream after this long and boring Senate meeting?

Tokahev: Well, actually....I have a date.

Kalina stared blankly at Tokahev until the weight of his words finally shattered her heart.

Kalina: D-D-D-D-DATE?!?!?!?! With who!??! Is she pretty?!? What's her name?

Tokahev: Her name is Amiya. She's a descendent of Providence, and yes, she's extremely pretty!

Kalina: Providence?! Wow, a rare breed! She must be pretty if she descended from such an affluent bloodline. But how about her ta-tas?

Tokahev: Her...what?

Kalina: I'm talking about her tits. Does she have nice tits? Every woman a Menlayev has ever married has had at least D cups. Small tits are an omen of infertility you know!

Tokahev: IS THIS REALLY MY MOM TALKING?!

Tokahev sighed and reluctantly answered the question

Tokahev: Yes. I haven't gotten that far with her, but you can definitely notice it, even when she's clothed.

Kalina: Damn, I'm kind of jealous! To be completely jacked AND come from such a great bloodline? She's so lucky!

Tokahev: Why is it all that different? We descend from the Asane Clan after all. Isn't that also a very well respected bloodline?

Kalina: True, but it's not like we were particularly known for being the most beautiful girls in the world. That title was given to Providence women. The last true beauty and sex icon the Asane had was Phaedra Asane. There were so many legends about her beautiful hair and eyes.

Tokahev: Oh come on, give yourself some credit. You've got everything a woman of Providence would have too.

Kalina smiled and the two got up to leave Tenzo Palace.

Kalina: Thanks, love. I truly appreciate it.

As the two walked outside in the sun of the late afternoon, Tokahev prepared to attend his date.

Tokahev: I'll be headed down to Isabelle's Cafe, so this is where we split.

Kalina: Alright, just be home before it gets too late. And bring her over some time! I don't bite!

Tokahev walked down the street and waved goodbye. Kalina took a ride back to Castle Asane and ascended up the steps leading to her personal quarters. She was startled to find Katya sitting on her balcony, waiting for her.

Kalina: Hello there. Do you need something?

Katya: Oh! Good afternoon, my lord.

Kalina: Please, you barged into my quarters. There's no real need for formalities now.

Katya: Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to get here the same time you did, but it seems you were a little late coming home.

Kalina: I don't mind it. I've been dying for company anyway.

Kalina smiled, but her attention also shifted to Katya's forehead and eye, as she had them wrapped in bandages.

Kalina: Why is your eye bandaged like that? Did you get hurt?

Katya: Oh, this is nothing. It's hard to explain, but my eyes are capable of performing the Marluxian Arts. The training for this ability is intense and potentially lethal. I've been doing fine, but today my eyes needs some rest. It's been very sensitive to light all day.

Kalina: Oh, I get it now. You're the one they call Katya, right? Your Kruger's subordinate! Commander Borealis has spoken very highly of you.

Katya blushed and fiddled with her thumbs.

Katya: Really? I never knew Borealis spoke of me like that.

Kalina: Well, he has! Oh, I'm very sorry. I've derailed your entire purpose of coming here in the first place. What exactly did you need?

Katya: Right. Borealis was just wondering what your decision was regarding today's meeting at Tenzo Palace.

Kalina: Oh right! Yes, I'll inform him that....

Kalina began to cough. To Katya, it sounded like a very dry and painful cough.

Katya: Are you okay, my lord?

Kalina: I'm fi-

Kalina's words were interrupted by more coughing. Kalina fell to the ground and began coughing up blood, to the alarm of Katya. She fell unconscious as Katya tried calling out to her. In a panic, Katya rushed her to Deshavi's HQ medical room for an examination.

In the medical room, a team of doctors, Katya, and Borealis waited for Kalina to awaken. Katya sat close beside her and the doctors were off to the side after conducting a successful diagnosis. Borealis leaned against the wall next to the door. At last, Kalina began to wake up. She was dizzy at first, and the bright lights confused her. But she was able to sit up in her bed and thank the doctors for taking care of her.

Kalina: Borealis....

Borealis: Kalina. Remain calm and listen carefully to me.

Kalina's eyes were filled with fear and anxiety.

Borealis: The blood you coughed up was a result of a growth inside of your lungs. It appears to be cancerous. Much of your left lung has begun to deteriorate because of this. Usually, the Deshavi can offer medical assistance to certain diseases we have cures or treatment for. But this is much more complex. Though there is a possible route of treatment, it would involve using the Art of Pluto directly on your lungs and cells within the lungs. This is a problem because mending individual cells without affecting surrounding cells is practically impossible. Not without severely damaging the lungs and surrounding organs in the process. The Art of Pluto just hasn't been studied long enough to find a way to combat this. In time, this cancer will kill you. And it may not even take long.

Kalina held her arms as if she was cold and began to tear up. Her tears turned into a gentle crying.

Borealis: Also, Kalina. We've noticed the cuts on your arm.

Kalina was shocked to hear those words. She caressed her cuts with her thumb before covering her face with both of her hands. Her gentle crying turned into a shameful wailing. Borealis exited the room after he said that, and the doctors decided to give Kalina some time to cope and reflect. Katya stayed beside Kalina and held her as she cried. She cried tears of pain, agony, shame, self-hatred, and sorrow. Without words between them, Katya was able to understand what Kalina was trying to say with her tears. "I don't want to die."

After an hour, Kalina was ready to depart Deshavi HQ. Katya escorted her outside the waterfall, where Borealis waited for her.

Borealis: Katya. I would like a moment with the queen, please.

Kalina stayed silent as Katya gazed at her with concern written on her face. Despite her concern, Katy ventured back into Deshavi HQ. Kalina and Borealis stood together watching the sunset. The two didn't look at each other directly.

Kalina: How long do I have?

Borealis: That depends on how fast it progresses, and how far of a length you're willing to go to hide it.

Kalina: So you knew...

Borealis: You don't have to go through everything alone, Kalina. Just because he's gone doesn't mean life has to be a burden on you.

Kalina: Don't mention him in my presence. I'm done remembering. It was a relationship that was bound to be torn apart by the political and social circumstances of the times we live in.

Borealis: If not for him, then for your son. Seek help, Kalina. The Deshavi is more than willing to act as a shoulder to cry on.

Kalina: I don't want your pity. Just keep doing your jobs, and I shall continue to do mines. Tokahev will know in due time. I just have to find the right time...

Borealis: You're practically dead already. The "right" time does not exist for you.

Kalina: Perhaps you're right about that.

Borealis and Kalina watched as the trees danced to the gentle song of the wind, and the birds flew above singing nature's song.

Kalina: I suppose I should be going now. I still have some work I need to finish at Castle Asane.

Borealis: Katya. I'll be assigning her as your personal guardian.

Kalina: The girl? Why?

Borealis: Katya has endured through unimaginable sorrow for someone her age. She should've never had to go through the things that she has. But even still, her spirit is warm and kind. She's the flame to your oil. She'll be your light.

Kalina: I'd be happy to accept her then. Farewell, Borealis.

Borealis: Farewell.

Kalina departed back to Castle Asane. At first, she stood in her room, completely silent. Then she began to smash the plates resting on the granite counters of the kitchen. She yelled at the top of her lungs in painful anger and nearly began to hyperventilate. As the fragments of the plates found their way to the floor, so did Kalina, as she sunk down to the flood with her head covered by her legs and arms. Her tears flowed like rain once again. Rain that would never be heard or felt.

Later that night Borealis received a notice from a team of Deshavi about bodies that had been captured. The soldier knelt before Borealis in his office.

Borealis: A message?

Deshavi: Yes sir. It seems the enemy was carrying an encrypted message inside of their bodies. All four of them have different parts of the message, but we'd need a skilled surgeon to get them out safely.

Borealis sighed, knowing he'd have to deal with the stench of death tonight.

Borealis: Alright. Assemble the autopsy crew.

Vera just so happened to be in the medical room when the bodies were dropped off there. La'amica was nice enough to let her gaze at the bodies resting in the morgue. The bodies of the four enemies from Sankadesh were laid out on four separate tables. They had already been cleaned, weighed, and stripped. They were all men, all of them had tattoos, and they all had stitches were the messages had been placed into their wounds.

La'amica prepared the bodies for operation as Vera continually pestered here.

Vera: PLEEEEAAAAAASE!

La'amica: Damn it Vera! For the 100th time, no!

Vera: Yeah, but certainly not for the last time! You're too sweet to turn me down! Come on, just let me cut one open! At least let me undo the stitches!

La'amica: Why don't you just give up already!

Vera: Are you serious? Just f*cking smelling the death on these asshol*s is making my nipples rock hard! I have never been this aroused in my life! But for god's sake, for the sake of the queen and all that is right in the universe, you've got to let me cut open one of these sorry, Sankadesh bastards!

Borealis: That's enough, Vera.

Borealis walked into the room to oversee the operation.

Vera: Boss! Come on! Let me have some fun here! You don't want to make a girl wait, do you?

Borealis: If it's you I'd gladly do it. Seeing you complain and squirm is honestly very amusing. Washes away the seriousness of the profession.

Vera let out a very confused and shocked yell, as if she was offended by what Borealis said.

Vera: Sir, if I may, they're already going about it all wrong! Look, Mr. Dickchin over there still hasn't even washed his hands. Great going there, Mr. Dickchin, I bet you're just immune to all sorts of biohazards, aren't ya! And then Ms. McPerkytits over here wants to line the wound with some sort of liquid before cutting it. Just perform a full autopsy you stupid cunt! Make the Y incision! Sir, I'm telling you, nobody's hands are more wet-I mean, prepared than my hands! I can just feel the excitement coursing through my veins! Please! I'm foaming at the mouth and down south! Let me cut open these bodies!

Borealis released a heavy sigh.

Borealis: Do you promise you won't do anything weird with their intestines?

Vera: Of course not! It's the stomach and heart that interest me the most!

Borealis: Yeah, that's not the point. Do you swear you'll hold in your excitement at least until the procedure is done?

Vera pushed her fists against her cheeks, giving herself a chubby face as she blushed and spoke in a quiet, yet excited voice

Vera: I pinky promise forever and ever!

Borealis: Fine. Help them out. We can get it done faster anyway. But be careful not to destroy the messages within them. Go ahead and get-

Vera: Already done sir!

Vera was already dressed in the standard clothing and garments for this operation, seemingly in the blink of an eye.

Borealis: How did......

Vera: Not important! What's important is that I orga-I mean, open up these corpses!

After a few hours, Kruger and Locke emerged from their rooms to check on all the noise in the Medical Room.

Locke: What the hell is going on in here?

They stepped into the sight of Vera putting her face into the open chests of the corpses and taking a glorious, long whiff of the smell of death.

Locke: Oh god...Commander, what have you done?!?!

Vera looked like she was lost in a paradise of love and ecstasy.

Vera: He even said he'd let me sew them back up and put them in the morgue until we dispose of them! Oh, hey Kruger!

Kruger remained silent and walked out of the Medical Room.

Vera: What is with that assclown. He gets his feelings hurt once and he acts like I stuck a firecracker up his ass. Maybe he's on his period or needs marriage counseling or some stupid sh*t.

Locke: He's been gloomy for a few days. Every leader goes through it. I'm sure he'll talk to you soon enough.

Vera: I swear, at this rate, he could just grow his hair over one of his eyes and talk about how much he loves cutting himself while thinking of killing his mom or some sh*t. The kid is just that f*cking edgy now. Maybe he can go get his vagina pierced while he's at it.

Borealis: Locke, we're a little busy right now. It's late, you should go to bed. We just have to put the corpses away now.

Locke: Well, alright then. Night you guys. Night, Vera.

Vera blew a kiss to Locke

Vera: Nighty night, f*ckface.

La'amica: Well, let's start cleaning up now. The Cryptology department will handle the rest.

Vera: Yeah, I'll go get some towels.

La'amica: What? I meant the bodies. We don't need towels to clean the bodies, Vera.

Vera: What? OH! Yeah, right. Sorry about that, darling.

Vera was very excited to place the corpses in the morgue. All she could do was blush as her eyes glittered like stars in the night sky.

Vera: Well, that's the last one. I forgot how cold it is in here.

La'amica: That's natural so these bad boys don't stink up the place. They've outlived their usefulness, so we'll probably destroy their corpses tomorrow.

Vera: Aw hell yes! I want in on that action!

La'amica: Damn it. Why did I bother telling you that...

The night finally winded down and Vera went back to her room to check on Katya and go to sleep. Katya was already laying in bed with her eye shades on.

Katya: Hey there.

Vera: Crap, did I wake you up? Sorry, sis.

Katya: No, it's okay. I was only just starting to go to sleep.

Vera got undressed and into her pajamas.

Vera: I had the most amazing day today! Boringalis finally let me cut up a body for the first time in years!

Katya: I guess I'm happy for you...

Vera: You guess? This is the equivalent to another girl telling you she's getting married soon! This is a huge deal for me! Death was my first love, after all.

Katya: I just wish you had normal attractions, you know?

Vera: You what? Katya, I'm baffled! Who could ever replace the most tender and beautiful kind of love in the world? There's nothing sweeter than greeting death in your favorite dress, adorned with dozens of roses in a black casket. Nothing is sweeter than the kiss of napalm as it burns your enemies alive as their kids watch. Nothing is-

Katya: Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there and tell you to shut the hell up and go to sleep already.

Vera looked at Katya was a very sassy and annoyed expression before jumping on her side of the bed and violently fondling Katya's body. Katya jumped out of bed, startled by Vera's unusual and invasive move.

Katya: What the hell, Vera!?

Vera: Come on, if I sex you up maybe you'll stop being a biggity bitch about everything. You've gotta learn to live, Katya! And to die!

Vera chased Katya around the room as Katya guarded her bodily goods away from the suddenly sex crazed and death obsessed Vera. The two finally wore themselves out and collapsed on their beds.

Katya: You're absolutely insane, you know that?

Vera: Sorry, Katya. Just so horny I couldn't help myself. Wanna give me head?

Katya blushed and threw her pillow at Vera's face while she was laughing.

Katya: You're so sick!

Vera: Yeah, but you love me don't you? Don't you?

Katya let out a reluctant yes, and Vera gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before getting ready to exit the room.

Katya: Where are you going?

Vera: To fantasize about the usual stuff, of course.

Katya laid down on her bed annoyed at the behavior of her comrade

Katya: Why do I even keep asking that question anymore! Hey! Take a shower while you're at it! You smell like death, suffering, and last minute prayers!

Vera: I will, you damn harlot!

Katya went to sleep, and Vera followed soon after. Deshavi HQ grew quiet, except for one person. Kruger had exited the base and decided to have a walk in the middle of the night. He walked along the path in the forest, with his hands in his pocket and his mind wandering about endlessly.

Kruger: I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to keep killing people. But someone like me doesn't have a choice, nor a future, huh? Damn it...

Kruger sat on a rock, looking up at the supermoon the night brought.

Kruger: At least the moon is beautiful tonight.

Suddenly, a noise began to form behind Kruger. He looked behind him, drawing his shortblade in alarm. It appeared to be a fracture in time-space itself. A portal. Then, a hooded man in a black robe emerged from that fracture.

Von: What a forlorn existence. To have your very life and will belong solely to your country, and nobody else.

Von's feet landed on the fallen leaves that covered the ground. He looked up to see Kruger with his own eyes, noticing he was clearly alarmed by his presence.

Kruger: Who the hell are you! You're not supposed to be here! Leave now!

Von: How ill-mannered of me. But at the same time, how discourteous of you. Regardless, my name isn't important. I'm here to see you, and you alone.

Kruger saw 2 figures emerge behind Von, both hooded.

Von: I know very well what you're feeling. I have known persecution, suffering, and exile in my life. What if I told you, I can give you the power to break free of the yoke of the Deshavi?

Kruger was baffled as to how these three could sneak so close to Deshavi HQ without being detected. He decided to take action. He threw his blade at sound-breaking speed at Von, expecting it to hit and kill him. But the sword went right through him.

Kruger: What?! Did I miss?

Kruger then used the Art of Jupiter. He clasped his hands and pointed his right hand at Von, unleashing a violent attack of electric streams. In response, Phaedra used the Art of Jupiter to form a protective barrier around herself, Von, and Iris. As the electricity bounced off of the protective barrier, sparks flew around, illuminating the forest with hissing flashes of orange and blue light.

The immediate area began to fill with the haze and aroma of smoke while some of the broken branches and leaves caught fire. Before Kruger could disengage the attack, he heard another sound behind him. It was the same time-space fracture he saw before. Von emerged from it and lunged at Kruger, who was too slow to react. Von's cold hands gripped him by the throat, and threw him into the rock he was sitting on, which shattered into tiny pebbles.

Phaedra: This one is still young and recalcitrant. If he's going to continue being this uncooperative...

Von: Leave him be. He'll come around. His truculent attitude and ego will be shattered soon enough.

Kruger slowly emerged from the rubble of the rock, struggling to control the muscles in his body after such a heavy hit.

Von: He has yet to learn defeat. That is what I want to accomplish here.

Kruger: Who....who are you? ANSWER ME!

Kruger clasped his hands and raised them in the air. Von realized instantly what he was trying to do.

Von: Phaedra, Iris! Stop him! He's going to reveal our position!

Phaedra used the chain of her kusarigama to grapple and trip Kruger onto the ground. Iris jumped on top of him immediately, impaling both of his hands together with his sword and preventing him from using the Marluxian Arts. Meanwhile, Von used the Eye of Nibiru to teleport everyone far away from Deshavi HQ. They appeared in far western Vevoskovia, in the land that used to be called Koga. They stood before the Great Lake of Koga, the world's largest and deepest lake. Kruger frantically yelled and cursed at his captors. Once again, there was a noise behind him. It was the same portal, but Von didn't appear to be teleporting.

It clearly meant one more person was behind that fracture. Out of the portal emerged Fate, a member of the Order of the Phoenix Demons. Fate wore the Phoenix Demon Cloak, adorned with the symbolic Lotus Flower on the back. His eye shined red just like Von's did. His skin was as pale as the snow, and his head was completely bald. It seemed his entire body was devoid of any bodily hair. His voice was sharp, like that of a serpent's.

His nails were painted black, in accordance to Phoenix Demon tradition, and his arms were covered in tattoos of planetary symbols, runes, and seals. He stood tall, at least 7 feet. His stature and inhuman appearance made him completely frightening to Kruger, as he struggled to back away from Fate. Running was useless, he was surrounded by four, clearly powerful individuals.

Von: Well, Fate? Here he is. This is the one I wanted to try. He's feisty, but it seems his obstreperousness has finally calmed down. He's learned the taste and feeling of defeat.

Fate looked at Kruger dead in the eyes. Kruger could only feel fear in his situation.

Fate: I sense much potential in him. Are you going to force him to open it now?

Von: No, not at all. That would be much too...forced. I want the process to be natural.

Fate: I see...they have much planned for you, boy.

Kruger: What the hell are all of you? You were all using the Marluxian Arts! I know it, I saw it with my own damn eyes! What are you!?!

Von: Defeat. Regret. Helplessness. Inferiority. Shame. An avaricious taste for free will. That is what you feel when you're with the Deshavi. But what if you could be better than that? What if you could gain the power to break free from the Deshavi, and regain your free will? Would you take that chance, even if it puts your very life at risk? Right now, in the midst of the political upheaval of Sankadesh, you and the rest of the Deshavi are bound to have your lives thrown callously into the flames of a dawning war.

It was as if hell itself was burning, shining in the depths of Von's eyes.

Von: You will kill again. And again, and again, and again. You will torture, because that is what your nation requires of you. You will break bones and teeth because your commander will tell you it will keep Vevoskovia safe. But what has Vevoskovia done for you besides take advantage of your unfortunate circumstances? What has it done besides strip you of your freedom and deny you your place and right to live in society? What blood, sweat, or tears has Vevoskovia shed for you, to demand such religious and furious sacrifice on your part?

Kruger could only sit in silence as his hands bled on the floor. He himself began to ponder the answer to those questions.

Von: Think hard on what it is you ought to do. Think hard on what your very soul is worth. For I know your pain. Your very soul is on the verge of corruption, not even being able to recognize itself, for a nation and people that will never love you, never accept you, and never remember you when you die and become one with the salt of this earth.

Phaedra took Kruger's hands and healed them with the Art of Pluto. He still felt the pain, but the wound was completely gone.

Fate: At the bottom of this river lies your salvation.

Kruger looked at Fate, puzzled as to what he meant by that. At first, thought he meant suicide.

Von: A power beyond the natural forces of destruction itself. It has been used twice before to punish humanity for their wrongdoings. The Forbidden Statue lies at the bottom of this lake. If you seek to break free from your blood soaked future and destiny, meet my subordinate here, one week from now, at this exact same time.

Kruger: Why? Why would you want to help me?

Von: Because as I've said, I've known the same kind of suffering you have. And besides. You'll be the first one besides "Her" to open it. Goodbye, Kruger. Fate, do take him back to Deshavi HQ for me, will you?

Fate: Of course.

Phaedra: Fate. The eyes.

Fate: Yes, I know. I'm working on it. There's a lot I need to do first. Inadora is not an easy target.

Von: Fate might not be able to get you those eyes for a long time, Phaedra. Be patient. A sacrifice has yet to be born, and Nibiru has yet to make its next approach. All the pieces of the puzzle will fall together.

Iris: Do we seriously have to wait? The Phoenix Demons can't be THAT tough.

Von: They're responsible for stealing two of the Underworld's most powerful demons without even being detected by Zorc himself. They're much stronger than you think. Attacking them head on like this would be suicide. I still have not fully recovered, Phaedra needs her eyes, and you and Fate alone aren't strong enough to take them on. Our day is still ahead of us. For now, we focus on Kruger. Then, when their plan springs into action, we will take advantage of the eventual disunity of the Phoenix Demons. Besides, we still have the Oblisks on our trail.

Von, Phaedra, and Iris teleported out of the area as Kruger watched in amazement. He knew whatever power that was, it wasn't the Art of the Moon.

Fate: Let's go. You're going back.

Kruger was helped up by Fate, and the two appeared right outside of the giant waterfall.

Fate: Speak nothing of this night to anyone. The moment you do, we will show you no mercy. Behave well enough, and your thralldom will come to an end.

Kruger walked towards the waterfall to head back inside, but turned around to get one last glimpse of Fate. He saw only the Lotus Flower symbol on the back of his black cloak before he too teleported somewhere into the night. Kruger thought hard of what he should do. Abandoning the Deshavi is a form of treason. But to him, assuming ownership of his entire existence for the rest of his life was treason to the all too familiar curse that God had blessed mankind with.

Free will.