September 22, 2017, 04:42:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Overdrive!  (Read 2178 times)

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
Re: Overdrive!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 03:28:12 PM »
@gabryel thanks for your critique, i appreciate it :)

haha frog angle, yeah i am just testing out angles, there is no meaning behind it :P
as for the empty classroom, same thing, i am just testing things out and things will change at random :P

but one thing....i dont want to waste your time and effort critiquing things that i am not focusing on, in my first post i mentioned this but maybe it wasnt big enough :P
Spoiler
I am primarily focusing on: (please critique if you want)
-background use (3d and other stuff)
-effects/textures
-camera angles
-range of poses
-story/jokes/humor/story flow/panelling

what i am not working on: (so therefore please dont critique, because i'm not focusing on these)
-realistic-ness/accuracy (speed is more the focus)
-proportions (hands/eyes and stuff will be wrong)
because i am focusing on speed and layout primarily, i drop the focus on proportions such as hands to keep my speed up :P
i do hands studies and stuff in my normal drawing thread which you are free to critique anything freely :P

@lego yeah a lot of manga i read have like 3-5 panels tops, especially action drops to 1/2 or even a double page panel. i will probably try and use less panels per page to make it easier to read, but that will come with practice :P

glad to know you guys liked the CO2 joke :P
can't guarantee future stuff will be funny, but hey, practice makes...............................................perfect! you got it!

latest: went for monochrome shading test, and a bit of texturing, which i almost got the hang of :P
the glasses guy is evil :P

my manga is starting to look impressive, if i do say so myself. having a bunch of pages together has a lot of impact, even if they are fairly low quality per page :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:30:18 PM by suupertramp »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 04:15:49 AM »
True that, that last shot is amazing. You even managed to make wire mesh. And the characters are really well done. Props all round.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
@lego thanks :P
the wire mesh was just a texture i pasted on a normal face. i was going to make it but wanted a faster way :P

latest pages :P
trying to boost my output even more :P
vague plot this time
just noticed a page isnt cleaned up , oh well :P
....and i fixed it :P

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:25:40 PM by suupertramp »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »
last two pages of the chapter. i will probably do a title page and a 4-koma bonus :P
i was surprised at how much my quality had increased, although i was trying to keep it low :P

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »
Last page was funny and looked great. Congrats on finishing a chapter  :clapping:
No actual link
self-publishmycomic.com

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 05:18:43 AM »
Damn I need to know where that gif comes from.

That last page was hilarious suuper, and the other ones were great as well. Some spot on rendering there dude haha. I'm jealous as hell! Keep it up man, and congratulations on hitting that first chapter!

Offline Kiba

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
Anime from that gif is called Tantei Opera Milky Holmes.

DONT WATCH IT. JUST DONT.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:44 PM »
@forlorn thanks! and thanks for the celebration!

@lego glad to know you liked it :P
i found quite a nice way to do things, i will make a tutorial or step by step, at some point :P

oh i have a video of a random page, thats better than nothing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=uQzG4o_JwRg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=uQzG4o_JwRg</a>

@kiba welcome to the forum! unfortunately you are too late with your warning!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:40:53 PM by suupertramp »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »
latest: bonus 1 of 2. i've always wanted to do a 4-koma from ages ago :P

EDIT: and 2 of 2 :P

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:45:03 AM by suupertramp »

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »
i did a title page, and i made a real life book! (stapled by hand)

im gonna take a micro break from this to re-learn how to draw again, my art started to get sloppy by the end :P
hopefully i can blast out another chapter in 2 weeks, instead of 4 :P

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
Did you notice any differences in your manga when it was in print? Like the screentones or layout that you didn't notice when it was digital?
No actual link
self-publishmycomic.com

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
hmmm in terms of screentone, i didnt produce a dot pattern for gradients etc, they are just pure colour. i did want to make a photocopyable version, which may have some visual artifacts but i dont know, i will let you know :P

the main thing i noticed was the perceieved scale of things from digital to real isnt always the same. so for example my title page, in real life the characters felt smaller that what i drew them, but the text throughout my manga looked larger in real life than i expected.

mostly overall it felt and looked like what i had drawn. the scale of the book being small (compared to zooming in on digital), the mistakes are a lot less noticable, and it looks a bit more polished that i thought it was.

for my next chapter, i will do some tests first to get the feel of what 1px 2px brushes etc look like when printed. i think i am still using too thick a brush for my main inking, and i dont use much variety of thicknesses when drawing, especially on detail i want to use a thinner brush.

as it turns out my coursework has got heavy with the start of the new year, and i dont even know when i will have the time to draw it now, i will have to focus on the coursework and get that all done first :(

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 03:36:52 PM »
You actually printed your manga? Wow, how did you even get the settings to print so well. You're totally in the doujin scene already man.

That video was pretty helpful. The way you made an entire 3d scene just for that background is even more bosslike. I've got to ask again - do you use a tablet or mouse? The lines turn out real well.

The 4komas we're hilarious. I think this sort of humour still applies to me in a way. You might even have the foolish insanity of the Gintama artist in you haha.

Keep it up suuper!

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
@lego i just....printed it lol. i have no idea about settings or anything, i put all the pictures in word, saved as a PDF, and then opened the PDF and printed using the booklet option. i still had to put the paper back in the printer to print the other side and staple it myself, my printer isnt THAT good :P

thanks about the 3d, im going to try to make my models a bit better now that i am used to putting them in the manga, i can spend more time adding more detail etc.
-for 3d in sketchup, i use a mouse
-for drawing, i use a tablet, and occasionally a mouse for some things, like positioning the text

for good lines when inking, i recommend tracing other peoples artworks (because inking a sketch is "basically" tracing), you learn quite a bit about why their art is good and how you can improve.

glad you liked the 4komas, i must say foolish insanity is the direction i seem to be going, despite my plans for serious manga :P

keep your eyes peeled for chapter 2, although coursework will slow me down temporarily :P

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:46 PM »
The part when they got their names was funny.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:51:42 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon