November 17, 2017, 04:00:50 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How Big Is A Manga Page?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline SpiritBlitz

• fight me
    • View Profile
How Big Is A Manga Page?
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:32 AM »
I need help with this question  :notunderstand:
I want to make my manga but i don't have the money to buy manga paper so i use plain A4 paper but i want to know the right size is for a manga page. i was told the right size was 7.5 - 5 inches but i feel that is too small? So can someone tell me how big a manga page should be from where the panels will fit in inches or cm.

~Blitz  ;)

Offline Miska

• View Profile
Re: How Big Is A Manga Page?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:47:11 PM »
I think professionals are mostly using paper that's bigger than A4.
This http://www.mangatutorials.com/2010/all-about-manga-paper/ might help to answer your question.

This is manuscript paper size guide for entering  shounen jump competitions. A4 is 210mm x 297mm.

?Manuscript paper: Length 330-365 mm, horizontal 230-260 mm.
?   Reference frame: Height 270 mm, side 180 mm

You can draw your manga on normal copy paper unless you are planning to enter a competition which requires specific paper size. And if you can scan your pages, you can just print it out later on bigger size if needed. Don't stress too much about the "right size", just draw on paper accessible to you and size that you are comfortable with :)

Offline SpiritBlitz

• fight me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:26:51 AM »
This http://www.mangatutorials.com/2010/all-about-manga-paper/ might help to answer your question.

This is manuscript paper size guide for entering  shounen jump competitions. A4 is 210mm x 297mm.

You can draw your manga on normal copy paper unless you are planning to enter a competition which requires specific paper size. And if you can scan your pages, you can just print it out later on bigger size if needed. Don't stress too much about the "right size", just draw on paper accessible to you and size that you are comfortable with :)

Thanks for that! i was thinking that it would be a big problem but i guess not  :o
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:28:57 AM by SpiritBlitz »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 06:35:48 PM »
I've always wondered how the individual panel thing works Miska. You have any idea? It always sounded so troublesome to do haha

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »
@Lego I have never done it myself  :D
Obviously it'll be easier to draw everything on one sheet, but drawing individual panels will make it easier to draw in the details since you don't need to worry about drawing it small.
If i ever decide to work on my comic traditionally, i'll probably draw it as individual panels. Partly because then i don't have to worry about the size so much, but also because if(/when) i mess something up then the whole page won't be ruined  ;D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 09:04:54 PM »
You'd definitely need a lot of planning for that one. But I see what you mean haha.

Offline Justice_Rises

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 02:14:35 AM »
I always assumed they were the size of a normal comic book page, but it varies depending on it's material...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »

Oh I could use this. Thanks Miska