March 28, 2024, 04:14:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Fugitive, The Runaway, and The Novice  (Read 8598 times)

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
Re: The Fugative, The Runaway, and The Novice
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
23Jan17 Addition. A sizable chunk. Same rules apply, additions have been added to the whole of this chapter. Only the Additions are down Below. 1) Read 2) Leave a comment 3) drink some tea 4)??? 5) Profit
Spoiler
A= Bootstrap returns to the bar and orders a drink, Artemis doesn’t move and stares intently at the firepit. Eris and Ivo head upstairs to their respective rooms and head to sleep.

A= Ivo enters his room. It is a small room that only houses four piece of furniture and a lamp dangling from the ceiling, with one openable window.  The room houses a Bed, A small chest at the foot of the bed, a desk positioned right below the window, and a wardrobe to the right of the desk.

A= Ivo goes off to sleep, and awakens the next morning.

A= As Ivo heads back down stairs, Ivanhall has returned to its rambunctious state. Several drinking contests seem to be in progress, as well as a few bouts of strength.

A= Ivo approaches a table filled with laughing Guildsmen. One of them is Bootstrap.

Bootstrap: And so he fires the arrow point blank at me! He nearly wet himself when I caught it!

A= The table erupted into laughter.

Ivo: Um… Bootstrap

A= Bootstrap having heard Ivo over the roar.

Bootstrap: Ah! Ivo.

A= Bootstrap turns toward the gathering at the table.

Bootstrap: So this is the guy! First mission the kid goes on, he ends up face to face with Shadowhelm!

A= The table erupts into laughter.

Bootstrap: Of course he almost dies! Ol’ blue eyes bailed him out at the last second the way I hear it!

A= The table responds again in giggles, Ivo humors them with a monotone snicker.

Boostrap: Ahhh, don’t take it too hard kid, none of us would have done any better in your shoes. The Guild is a tough game, you don't always win.

A= Ivo lets out one final monotone laugh.

Bootstrap: Anyways, when are you planning to head out to the Guild Archive?

Ivo: I was actually planning on doing it now. I was hoping you might have time to help me out.

A+ Bootstrap’s hand drats for his drink instinctively.

Bootstrap: Oooooooh, I was I could .But I’ve got alot of… Um...er... Paperwork to do! Yeah.

A= Bootstrap takes a deep drink. And grimacing after finishing coughs slightly.

Bootstrap: So i’d love to… buuuuuut hands are tied, responsibility,  what can you do!

A= Bootstrap turns back to his table and immediately begins to talk to the group.

A= Ivo sighs and walks out the front door of Ivanhall.

A= Eris appears from the other side of Bootstrap and leans out to look at the door.

Eris: Do you think I should go with him?

Bootstrap: If you want him to make it home before sunset.

A= Eris sighs and follows Ivo out the door.

A= Ivo stands frozen just outside the doors of Ivanhall. Ivanhall stands on a hill overlooking the rest of Illbera. Eris emerges from within Ivanhall and catches a view of Ivo.

Eris: You doing alright there desert boy?

A=  Ivo breaks from his trance and turns to Eris.

Ivo: Yeah, sorry. I’ll just never get used to how… grand it all seems. Malore was such a small village, and compared to this-

Eris: Eh, give it time. Six or seven times of having to hike up this hill and you’ll be sick of it.

A= Eris walks out in front of Ivo and begins to descend down the steps into town.

Eris: Well, you want to make it to the Guild Archives don’t you?

A= Ivo leaps down a few stairs and jogs to catch up to Eris.

A= Eris points out toward the distance, marking a large building with the Guild Crest

Eris: That’s the Guild Archive. Remember the way, this won’t be the last time you’ll have to go. Any paperwork you’ll have to do for the Guild, will likely come from there.

Ivo: You don’t sound too fond of it.

Eris: I’m not a fan of bureaucracy, no. But it’s part and parcel, of being a Guildsmen.

Ivo: So I never asked this when we first met and I’ve been wondering. How long have you been in the Guild?

A= Eris and Ivo come to the end of the stairway and begin to walk through the stone city of Ilbera.

Eris: I’ve been in for a little over a year. Haven’t done anything nearly as dangerous as Redgarden in that whole time though,

Ivo: I was just wondering because you seem pretty strong. Quite stronger than I am anyhow.

Eris: I had a lot of help growing up as an Archon. You came from Firi, so i’d imagine you never saw too many Archons before now.

A= Eris and Ivo turn into a bustling market

Ivo: I only ever met one Archon before I got here. Before that it was only the stories my mother told me.

A= a perfume seller tries to get in close to Eris. Eris grabs them by their face and shoves them down to the ground as she continues to walk onward.

Ivo: So was one of your parents an Archon too? Did they that teach you?

A= Eris halts in the middle of the crowd and violently turns toward Ivo.

Eris: I don’t talk about my family, and you shouldn’t ask.

A= Eris returns to walking through the crowd without another word.

Ivo: I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you or anything.

Eris Don’t be sorry, just don’t ask again.

A= Eris and Ivo walk in silence until reaching the center of town. At the heart of Illbera sits the Guild Archive. Eris and Ivo walk inside. The first room is a large clearing made from white polished stone, there are red silk sheets that hang from the ceiling bearing the Guild symbol. Book cases cover the perimeter of the room, reaching all the way up to the ceiling with ladders that allow access to the higher levels. The center of the room is filled with waist high bookshelves and assorted tables for filling out paperwork.

a= At the far end of the room sits a half circle wooden desk with books and papers stack up all around it. The only clear space is a small golden placemat with the words “Please ring bell for service”

A= Ivo and Eris approach and ring the bell. After a slight delay one of the stacks of papers falls over spreading them everywhere behind the counter.

Kilik: GAH! Not again!

A= A medium height, black haired man with glasses comes rushing out of a door behind the counter.

Kilik: I’ve had it!

A= The man known as Kilik grabs the bell and viciously throws it into the doorway he just emerged from. After a few metallic bounces a loud thump and the rustling of falling papers can be heard from within.

Kilik: GAH!

A= The man slams his face down unto the golden mat in defeat.

A= Eris gives a disapproving look to Ivo.

Eris: Well you have fun with your new friend

A= Eris turns and walks out the door.

A= Ivo turns to look at Kilik still face down on the desk. Ivo awkwardly waits a few moments, hoping the man will address him as to interrupt the silence.

Ivo: Um… Sir?

A= the man viciously rips his head from the desk. His glasses bob upward resting on top of his head and then slowly drift back down on his face.

Kilik: Ah! Yes. Sorry. Hello I’m Kilik Marsh welcome to the Guild Archive, how may I help you sir or ma’am?

A= Kilik stiffly throws his hand forward in offer of a handshake. The a look of confusion flows onto his face.

Kilik: Gah! Sorry, I was just reading the greeting off the card here!

A= Kilik takes a small instructional card from behind the counter and displays it to Ivo.

Kilik: I mean I can see you’re a sir but I got really nervous because I’ve only worked here a few days so i'm not quite sure how to do this... Sorry! Can I help you?

A= Ivo attempts to calm the man down offering his own hand for a handshake.

Ivo: Hey man, Kilik was it? It’s ok, i’m nobody special, you can breath.

A= Kilik takes a hesitant hold of Ivo’s hand. And takes a deep breath.

Ivo: There you go, it’s ok.

Kilik: Sorry. I’m not sure I’ll get used to working in such a big city. It’s not good on my heart.

Ivo: I know how you feel. I’m from a pretty small village myself. Illbera is a pretty big change for me.

Kilik: Thanks, sorry again for that.

A= Kilik livens up and frantically scans the papers all about.

Kilik: So what can I do for you today? I may not be the most experienced but i’m sure I can be of some assistance.

A= Ivo leans slightly onto the counter.

Ivo: Well I was hoping to fill out a 40306 form I think they called it.

A= Kilik perks up

Kilik: Oh that’s a Personal Pay Verification form! That must mean you’re a Guildsmen then!

A= Ivo lets out a slight laugh.

Kilik: Gah… To look like such an idiot in front of a Guildsmen.

A= Kilik sulks down a little.

Ivo: Honestly don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.

A= Kilik turns and begins sifting through the fallen papers on the ground.

Kilik: You know I always wanted to be a Guildsmen too!

A= Ivo smirks slightly.

Ivo: Really now? Why didn’t you?

A= Kilik sheepishly twiddles his thumbs.

Kilik: Well i’m just a human, not having powers would make it pretty difficult. Well that and i’m kind of a nervous person.

A= Ivo laughs deeply

Ivo: How in the world did you get that impression.

A= Kilik smirks slightly.

Kilik: My dad always says I should be happy with what I have, so I guess I shouldn’t lament too much.

Ivo: We make the best with what we’re given.

A= After a few more seconds of searching Kilik grabs ahold of a sheet of paper and squinting at it slightly, springs upward unto his feet and hands it to Ivo.

Kilik: i’m just going to need you to write your name, your rank, which Guild you are apart of, and whether you want coins or Guild bonds in the boxes provided on the sheet.

A= Ivo takes a pen out from a container on the counter and begins to write his name.

Kilik: Ivo Cassferth? That’s a Firian name isn’t it?

A= Ivo looks up from the paper.

Ivo: Yeah, i’m a Firi native. From Malore on the western half of the continent.

Kilik: I hear those are demon infested lands. I guess it makes sense, for you to join the Guild and all. Must’ve been born fighting.

A= Ivo smiles

Ivo: I’ve killed quite a few demons in my day, bandits aren’t too much different.

A= Kilik nervously chuckles.

Kilik: I’m going to guess you just joined the Guild because you look pretty young. So just check the box for “Guild Envoy” for the rank.

A= Ivo finishes up the paperwork and hands it back to Kilik who looks over it for a few seconds.

Kilik: Alright! Looks good! If you have any pending pay from previous jobs, you should expect a few weeks delay in payment as the paperwork processes. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your day sir or ma’am.

A= Ivo shoots his eye to Kilik’s hand. Kilik quickly tries to hide the Instructional card he had just been reading off of. Kilik nervously chuckles.

Kilik: Sorry. Sorry. Sorry

Ivo: Ha, so am I good to go then?

Kilik: Ah yes! I’ll send this off to be processed up in Ipsocalay, in the meantime you should still be able to go and complete jobs. The pay will just be delayed slightly, nothing to worry about.

Ivo: Alright, thanks for your help Kilik! I suppose we’ll be seeing more of each other, hopefully you get used to working here!

Kilik: Aha, Thanks Ivo!

A= Ivo walks out the front door, back into the sunlight of Illbera. Eris is leaning up against the wall just beside the door.

Eris: So how did it go?

Ivo: Pretty well, that guy is a little bit of a nervous wreck though.

A= Eris lightly pushes off the wall and begins to lead the way back to Ivanhall

Eris: It’s to be expected. No one in their right mind becomes a paper pusher...

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 12:46:43 AM »
Just a small addition to finish up Chpt 2 (a very short chapter) same rules apply! Just additions here, added to the whole of CHPT 3

Spoiler
Eris: It’s to be expected. No one in their right mind becomes a paper pusher…

A= Eris and Ivo return to the Guild.

A= As they approach the door Ivo stretches his arm out to push the door. However before his hand touches the wood, the door swings open. Bootstrap stands at the Guild’s threshold and stares at Eris and Ivo. Bootstrap is now equipped in his combat gear. Deep leather decorated with throwing knives, two dirks sticking out past each of his shoulders, and a two long curved blades at his hips.

Bootstrap: Ah good! I was just going to come out looking for you two.

Eris: Why? It’s not that late yet.

A= Bootstrap leans up against the door.

Bootstrap: Our contract got pushed up.

Ivo: It what?

A= Eris turns toward Ivo.

Eris: The job had its completion date shortened, so we have the same amount of work to do in less time. How much did it get pushed up?

Bootstrap: It didn’t just get moved up, the job itself got moved.

A= Eris’ face drops to a deep concern.

Eris: Where is it Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap takes two black and white picture out of a pocket on his chest. A man with three large claw cuts across his face, lying in a pool of his own blood, his arm missing.
Bootstrap: He’s here.

Eris: Are they sure?

Bootstrap: The victim was a Archon, the claw marks are the same, torn apart . These are from last night, it has to be him.

Ivo: If he’s here we need to get moving now.

Bootstrap: That’s what I like to hear. You might make it as a Guildsmen after all. Get your gear we’re heading to the scene.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »
CHAPTER 3 Whole Housing!

Same rules apply! Sorry for the dealy Excuse #1, Excuse #2, Etc...

Spoiler
A= The scene opens in a dark alley of ILLBERA, homestead of the Guild Ivanhall. Blood runs down the stones of the alley. Slowly panning back to a mutilated corpse of unknown man, a reflection appears in the blood.

A= A reflection of Ivo’s face in blood, pulling back to show Ivo inspecting the corpse. Eris stands in the back with a grimace on her face. Artemis head tilted staring into the eyes of dead.

A= Bootstrap steps into view. Kneeling down next to Ivo.

Bootstrap: There are only two ways into this alley either from street, or the back door of the bar.

Eris: So he was drunk when he was attacked?

Ivo: I’d be willing to bet on it.

A= Ivo pulls out a paper with a Guild investigations seal on it.

Ivo: Tiv Analox, 45. Ice Archon, no guild affiliation. No profession of any sort, his wife of 30 years is his next of kin. By all accounts he was a man with no enemies. A bit of a show off, but nothing that would indicate he’d start a fight.

A= Bootstrap carefully takes ahold of the hand that the dead man retained and inspects the fingernails. Bootstrap smirks.

Bootstrap: He’s fingernails are spotless.

A= Eris roughly smashes her hand against the wall, causing all the stones in the alley to reverb.

Eris: Is this really the time to be grading his hygiene?

Bootstrap: Temper that anger suger queen. What i mean to say is none of his finger nails are broken, no skin or fur under them. I also notice his blade is still in his sheath.

A= Bootstrap sets the man’s hand back on the ground. And points to a sheath on the man’s hip, which still retained it’s blade.

Ivo: So?

Bootstrap: It means he didn’t get a chance to put up a fight.

A= Bootstrap peers over to the stump of the man’s detached arm.

Bootstrap: At least not with this hand.

Eris: So what’s the plan then  Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap covers his mouth and closes his eyes for a moment. Then after a sigh removes his hand.

Bootstrap: Im not sure, there’s not much to go on here. No witnesses, bar owner says he didn’t hear or see anything. And nothing left behind that would indicate where to look.

Ivo: So we’ve already lost then?

A= Bootstrap stands up.

Bootstrap: Now now, I didn’t say that. This isn’t my first contract.

Eris: So what’s the plan?

Bootstrap: We’re going to have to go fishing. We know what his bait is, we just need to find where he swims.

A= The scene cuts to Illbera at night. As it pans across, shadows dart across the roofs. Eventually the camera stops at a tavern. Boisterous and lively the sound spikes in volume as the back door to the alley swings open.

A= A rather old man with a drink in his hand hiccups out of the door.

Old man: G’*hic*d Night everyone!

A= A joyous response echos from the bar. The old man starts to wander out into the alley that splits off in four directions.

A= A slight hiss can be heard.

A= The man staggers nearly toppling into a box in the middle of the street.

A= Some pebbles falls from up above the alley, clattering onto the ground.

A= the old man swings around.

Old Man: Hel*hic*lo. Whosh There?

A= more pebbles fall from the building across the alley.

Old Man: I have *hic* no money, what little my wife letsh me hold onto, I left at the bar!

A= a growl can be heard from up on top of the roof, as knive sized claws peer out over the edge, seemingly effortlessly cutting into the stone of the roof. Two green iris light up in the dark, as a cat’s eyes.

Old Man: Oh hey there little guy! You must be hungry! Let me see if I have anything for you.

A= the old man reaches into his pockets, drunkenly falling over unto the ground in the process, several curses can be heard being muttered.

A= The growl becomes more aggressive as the creature leans forward into the light. It is a large furry creature, the face of a lion, with outcroppings of bone horns piercing it’s lower jaw. As it growls a forked tongue swishes around outside it’s mouth. Opposable thumbs with deep serrated claws. And a large mane that covers it’s neck, dark grey fur.

Old man: Oh…Big guy my mistake.

A= The stone of the roof snaps apart as the creatures powerful arms throw its body down toward the helpless Old Man, claws armed with lethal intent.

A= As the old man struggles to his feet. The creatures is propelled towards him. The creature's jaw unhinges to grab the man, to tear him in twain

A= A light flashes from another roof.

Bootstrap: Gottcha……

A= Something suddenly impacts the creature, slamming it into the wall. Obliterating a pile of boxes that stood in the way. The old man tumbles forward evidently shocked by the chain of events. A knife clambers to the ground, evidently what had impacted the creature.

A= Bootstrap drops down into the alleyway between the creature and the old man.

Bootstrap: Oh dear lord I’m glad that worked.

A= Sighing, Bootstrap turns toward the old man.

Bootstrap: Are you alright sir?

Old Man: Alright? I’m better than alright, haven’t had a fright like that in years. Reminds me of the first time I met my wife.

A= the Old Man blushes.

A= Shuffling can be heard from underneath the boxes. Bootstrap turns back to the pile of wood.

Bootstrap: You’re an Archon right old man? What kind? I might need your help here.

A= The old man looks flustered.

Old Man: Oh young man, I’m not much of a fighter. I can make bubbles though.

A= The old man throws his palms into the air and a stream of bubbles fills the alley way.

A= Bootstrap grabs the bridge of his eyes and sighs.

Bootstrap: Nevermind sir, just continue on with your night!

A= the old man turns and whistles his way down the alley.

Old Man: Such a kind youngster.

Bootstrap: Looks like im gonna need to call in the backup after all.

A= Bootstrap takes a small metal cylinder out from a pocket on the side of his legs, points it straight up in the air and pulls a small metal pin. A red flare ignites out of the device screaming up into the sky.

A= The pile of wood boxes explodes outward kicking dust into the air and revealing the creature. An angry roar cuts down the alley.

Bootstrap: And now we play the waiting game

A= Bootstrap takes two small throwing knives out of holders on is hips. And spins the blades around his fingers.

Bootstrap: So is the kitty gonna play nice?

A= The creature roars kicking off of the ground.

A= The world slows down. Bootstrap breaths in, and slowly exhales. The world continues to move at a snail’s pace.

A= The Creature sails forward through the air. Bootstrap moves toward the beast, it’s claws bearing down. Using his two small knives Bootstrap deflects the beast’s hands out of his path. The beast sails right over him. Both combatants have switches sides.

Bootstrap: Oi, I guess you’re not much for conversation.

A= The creature dives toward the wall, it’s claws digging in as it runs along the wall

A= To Bootstrap the creature hardly seems to be moving at all. His eyes dart to a point in front of the creatures path. Hurling his arm forward Bootstrap’s knife sails through the air and pieces the stone, measured to land right where the creature would grab the wall, a fraction of a moment later the creature’s hand impacts the kinive’s hilt.

A= The creature's hand bounces off the hilt instead of burying into the wall. With no hand to support its weight the beast tumbles off the wall. The creature flails frustratedly on the ground as it impacts.

Bootstrap: That should buy me some time.

A= Bootstrap turns to run and darts down an alley.

A= After Bootstrap clears the corner the creature rolls back onto it’s arms and legs. A roar erupts, and the beast gives chase.

A= Bootstrap frantically runs down the alley way. As he hears it approach he closes his eyes and listens to the sound of the creatures foot falls.

Bootstrap: 5...3...2… NOW!

A= Bootstrap’s arm darts down to his belt. Gripping a small metal spike with a flat metal container on its front.

A= The spike flies through the air burying itself into the alley wall.

A= as the creature crosses the spike. It’s explodes and a net rockets across the thin path, slamming into the beast. Hooks along the edge of the net bury into the wall, locking the creature against the wall.

Bootstrap: Whew perfect timing.

A= The creature flails and tears the net apart.

A= Bootstrap turns to run

Bootstrap: Oh come on that was a Nyflex net!

A= Bootstrap continues to run down the alley. As the creature gains on his right it leaps toward him, Bootstrap dodges under and continues running.

Bootstrap: Hurry up, hurry up. Where are you guys?

A= An unexpected claws swings straight in bootstrap’s leather armor along his back. The strike propels him forward with enough force to send him rolling out of the alley into an abandoned marketplace filled with empty wooden stalls.

A= As he regains his senses the beast flies out of the alley. Bootstrap rolls forward, as the creature slams into the wooden stall behind him, the world slows. Mid roll Bootstrap takes a knife from his chest and throws it at the creature.

A= The creature cries out in pain roaring loudly echoing across the marketplace, as the blade buries itself in its shoulder. As the creature stands up on it’s hind legs, it’s jaw unhinges and slams into the hilt of the knife. The blade snaps in half under the pressure of the bite and, the creature rips what remains out of it’s shoulder. The wound stitches itself back together.

Bootstrap: Not fair.

A= Bootstrap quickly hurls several other blades at the creature it’s impacts, and a few stick into the creature causing it to wail again.

A= this time the creature’s fur shifts. The dark brown fur ripples, shifting from dark brown to a more metallic silver color. The blades pop out of the creature.

A= Bootstrap hesitates for a moment out of confusion. Snapping from his fog, Bootstrap hurls yet another blade at the creature. This time the blade merely bounces off the creature, making a strange clanging noise as it impacts the fur.

Bootstrap: Oi, now that’s really not fair.

A= The creature starts to let out a slow menacing rolling growl as it slows approaches Bootstrap.

Bootstrap: Ok… really not kidding anymore.

A= The creature leaps at Bootstrap. He only just makes it below the creature, his hand slamming into the creature to guide the beast over him.

Bootstrap: Ivo… Eris. ANYONE!

A= Now only a few feet from the creature stands up on it’s hind legs, claws gleaming in the moonlight.

A= Claws rocketing down, Bootstrap takes a blade from his hip and stands defensively.

A= A flash of dark skin blindsides the beast. As a fist collides with the creature the wind pulses outward with bone cracking impact. A stone pillar erupts from in front of Bootstrap and strikes into the beast’s chest throwing it back into the darkness of the alley.

A= Bootstrap breaths a sigh of relief.

Bootstrap: Eris!

A= Eris smashes her forearms together and thrust them upward. The ground beneath Bootstrap and Eris erupts toward the sky, lifting them up to roof level. Both Eris and Bootstrap hop onto the nearest roof.

Eris: So what are we dealing with?

A= A roar can be heard from beneath.

Bootstrap: Couldn’t really tell you Eris. It’s no creature i’ve ever seen.

A= The creature’s claw smashes unto the end of the roof as it lifts itself up.

Eris: So what’s the plan to deal with it then?

Bootstrap: Well, we found it, and we have it’s attention.

A= The creature lunges at Eris, who slams her foot into the roof causing a large slab of stone to rise into the air, the creature collides face first. The stone cracks.

Eris: So we have steps one and two. Now what about three through four?

A= The creature growls as it runs around the lifted slab. As it clears the corner of the slab the air cracks as Eris delivers a bone crunching uppercut into its jaw, blindsiding the creature.

A= The creature whimpers as it is thrown backwards.

Bootstrap: I think you have that covered

A= Eris grips her hand in discomfort.

A= The creature rises back onto it’s paws and its forked tongue flickers about in irritance.

Eris: Never seen something take and uppercut like and get up so fast.

Bootstrap: Is that going to be a problem?

A= Eris lowers her stances and cracks her neck.

Eris: Well, you could call it trouble. Or you could call it fun.

A= Eris lets out a battle cry and the creature replies.

A= the two combatants charge at one another colliding into one another. As Eris rockets a punch forward the creature leans away from her target and it’s jaws reach into the snag her arm.

Eris: What?

A= The creature’s teeth bear into the leather armor around her elbow, crunching down. Then wiping its head around tosses Eris off the roof.

Bootstrap: Ah jeez.

A= bootstrap grabs A very thin looking piece of rope from a pack on his hip.

A= Eris tumbles down off the roof and Bootstrap dives toward the beast. Catching the beast by surprise Bootstrap runs past, tossing a noose like rope around it’s neck and then leaps off the roof with the rope in hand.

A= Bootstrap soars toward Eris. As he reaches Eris she gives a disapproving look.

Eris: Now what?

A= The slack in the rope disappears as the two almost collide with the ground, quickly halting Bootstrap’s and by extension Eris’ decent.

A= The rope cracks as it tightens around the creature’s neck and tears the creature off the roof. In panic the creature digs it’s claws into the side of the building attempting to hold itself.

A= Eris and Bootstrap land into the ground, doing a few rolls before landing back onto their feet. Bootstrap looks upward to the creature still clinging unto the building.

A= Bootstrap holds out the rope to Eris.

Bootstrap: One good pull is all it’ll need.

A= Eris takes ahold of the rope and viciously rips the rope backward. The creature gives out a cry as it tears bricks from the wall.

A= The creature careens down to the alley below. Bootstrap rushes forward, tearing a metal vial from his hip.

A= The earth ruptures as the creature lands. As it attempts to stand up Bootstrap flies overhead, his arm outstretched the vial slowly falling beside the beast.

A= As Bootstrap lands rolling away from the beast, the vial explodes. Releasing flame and shrapnel across the open space.

A= as the dust clears the creature writhes in anger as fire burns along its pelt.

Bootstrap: Oi, not fire proof then are ya!

A= The creatures eyes angrily zero in on Bootstrap, and with its hide enflamed begins to barrel toward him.

Bootstrap: Oh jeez.

A= Bootstrap attempts to run away, having been left out in the open. Eris bursts several stone walls fourth in the creature's’ path, but in its enraged state the stone walls are smashes to pieces.

A= Realizing rock will no longer stop it, Eris attempts to catch up to the beast to no avail, only finding the distance between them growing.

Eris: Uh, Bootstrap! I reeeeally hope you have a plan!

A= Bootstrap noticing the creature quickly gaining on him.

Bootstrap: A plan? No.

A= Bootstrap notices a dark shadow on the roof above him.

Bootstrap: A gamble, perhaps.

A= Bootstrap swings around, and hurls two blades at the creature each bouncing off its now metallic hide.

A= Bootstrap smirks.

Bootstrap: I knew he’d turn up.

A= The shadow dives from the roof intercepting the beast.

A= A white light ignites the hallway as lighting illuminates the shadow. Ivo, blade drawn, arm outstretched wreathed in a chaotic dance of electricity.

A= The beast’s head impacts the ground as Ivo’s palm grips it’s face and forces the beast downward. Ivo lets a cry out as lightning pours forth into the creature’s skull. It briefly roars, then goes silent.

A= Ivo remains still, a grimace of pain on his face, his hand still gripping tightly unto the hilt of his hookblade.

Ivo: Do you think that did it?

Bootstrap: I wouldn’t count on it.

A= The creature erupts to life and tosses Ivo back into Bootstrap’s arms.

A= As the creature opens its mouth to roar, a rock slams into the back of it’s head blowing into a cloud of dust.

Eris: I’ll keep its attention alright? You get started on steps three through four will you!

A= the creature turns toward Eris and chases her off screen.

A= Bootstrap drops Ivo

Bootstrap: So where were you?

Ivo: What? You do realize I had to run all the way here.

A= Bootstrap looks contemptuously down at Ivo

Bootstrap: We split the town up evenly. And Eris managed to get here quickly!

A= Ivo irritatedly gets up to his feet.

Ivo: Come on you’ve seen how she uses stone! I had to climb up to the roof! I don’t have any voodoo rock powers to get me up there!

Bootstrap: Yes yes yes, point taken! Now if you don’t mind helping Eris while I think of a plan?

A= Ivo points to Bootstrap about to retort, but instead holds his tongue and turns to go fight the beast.

A= Bootstrap looks confused for a moment.

Bootstrap: Hmm, that would have never worked on Eris.

A= Bootstrap closes his eyes and concentrates.

Bootstrap: All i can think to use is fire, it’s been the only thing to do any meaningful damage.

A= a voice emanates from behind Bootstrap.

Artemis: Alcohol is flammable isn’t it? There is a bar around the corner if he wanted to use that.

A= Bootstrap whips around. The pale dusty man known as Artemis stands behind him. His head cocked slightly as always.

Bootstrap: Artemis! Oi where in the blazes have you been.

Artemis: We… got lost.

Bootstrap: What? How did you? I mean ho-... Artemis YOU LIVE HERE!

A= Artemis tilts his head. To the other side

Bootstrap: It is you I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Go fight that beast with the others while I think of a plan.

A= Artemis peers around Bootstrap and stares at the intense battle between Eris and Ivo against the beast.

Artemis: Which one?

A= Bootstrap looks at Artemis with yet more disbelief.

Bootstrap: What kind of question is that? The only thing out there aside from Ivo and Eris.

A= Bootstrap looks toward the battle to verify the number of enemies hasn't changed. Still seeing only the one beast.

Artemis: One is quiet, the other is angry.

A= Bootstrap rolls his eyes and grabs ahold of Artemis’ collar.

Bootstrap: Alright nevermind, you’re crazy point taken. Now show me where this bar is.

A=  The scene cuts back to Ivo and Eris.

Ivo: So what did i miss?

A= Ivo slides past the beast and arrives next to Eris.

Eris: Not much actually.

A= the creature leaps toward Eris. Ivo catches the creature’s foot and pulls it back toward the ground.

Ivo: Really? Bootstrap made a big deal about me being late.

A= Eris puts both her hands together and slams them down on the creature. Cracking the street below it.

Eris: Eh, I had it handled.

A= the beast rises from the strike and roars in Eris’ face.

Ivo: Oh dear.

A= Eris raises a stone slab in between her and the beast, but the beast’s claws tear the slab apart. Eris revealed to have begun running away.

Eris: So what did Bootstrap say the plan was?

A= Ivo runs up and attempts to stab the creature. His blade clinks off the Metallic fur. Ivo nervously backs up.

Ivo: He was pretty vague on the details.

Eris: He didn’t tell you anything did he.

Ivo: Well, aside from buying time.

A= The beast swipes at Ivo. Ivo blocks the blow with his blade, the impact sends Ivo rolling off to the side.

Eris: Sounds about right.

A= Eris clasps her hands together and a stone erupts forming a dome over and around the creature. Apparently sealing it. The ground shakes as the creature begins tearing at the walls of the dome. Eris continuously attempts to create more walls around the creature.

Ivo: Alright i'm going in!

Eris: About time!

A= Eris drops her hands to her sides and the stone stops forming. The dome explodes as the creature throws both his arms outward colliding with the rock, kicking a cloud of dust into the air.

A= Electricity fills the air as Ivo sprints into the cloud of dust. And a blinding light erupts from within as the beast cries out in agony.

A= The creature with anger in its eyes stares down at Ivo. Seemingly unamused with Ivo’s strike.

Ivo: Yeah, that went about as well as I thought it would.

A= Ivo dives backwards as the beast’s claw splits the air.

Bootstrap: Oi! Ivo catch!

A= Bootstrap appears from on top of the building holding three bottles of a viscous liquid known as “Imberhops”, a highly alcoholic and vile drink.

A= Ivo extends his arm catching the bottle in his hand.

A= Ivo looks down at the bottle in confusion.

Ivo: Bootstrap! I’m not following!

A= The creature walks toward Ivo, wincing as Bootstrap hurls bottles down at it. The liquid inside splashing against the creature coating its fur.

Bootstrap: HIT HIM WITH IT!

A= Ivo instinctively slams the bottle down on top of the beast’s head, the liquid dousing the creature. A few broken pieces of glass sit on top of its head, and the creature looks rather irritated with the attack. Opening it’s mouth displaying it’s shark like teeth and hissing.

A= Ivo chuckles nervously, and begins backing up.

Ivo: Were there some follow-on instructions with that Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap unclips a metal vial from his hip.

Bootstrap: Yep.

A= Bootstrap winds up his throwing arm.

Bootstrap: Run

A= Bootstrap hurls the vial at the creature.

Ivo: Oh jeez, son of a-

A= The small metal vial erupts into flame.

A= the creature roars in agony, and begins to run in circles on fire.

Bootstrap: Got him!

A= the creature slams into the side of a building, rolling around in pain. Then slamming his claws into the wall begins to climb.

Bootstrap: Eris! Don’t let it get away!

Eris: On it!

A= Eris rips her arm backward and a pylon of stone erupts from the wall and bashes the creature back down to the ground.

A= as the creature cracks the ground, it quickly reorients itself and takes off running toward an alley.

A=Ivo, Eris, Bootstrap, and Artemis take off to follow.

Ivo: What is it going to take to stop this thing!

A= Eris slams her foot into the ground erecting a wall in an attempt to seal off the beast’ escape, but the beast crashes straight through the wall.

A= The four heroes, attempt to follow through the hole in the stone wall, but upon reaching through there is no sign of the creature.

Bootstrap: Eris! Get us topside.

A= Eris thrusts her forearms upward and the the rock beneath the troop of heros extends upward to the roof.

Bootstrap: Oi, fan out and find it.

A= The four heroes split up and search in different directions.

A= Hours pass, it is nearly dawn. Our four heroes meet back up where they had lost the creature.

A= Eris leans up against her now broken stone wall her arms crossed angrily, Ivo sitting up against the wall of the alley, Artemis wandering aimlessly, and Bootstrap deep in thought with his hand on his chin and eyes closed.

Eris: Well if no one else is going to say it, I will! This is some bullcrap!

Bootstrap: I know Eris.

Eris: It was a huge hulking roaring beast. It was on fire for christ sake! How did we lose it?

Bootstrap: I know Eris

A= Eris pushes off the wall and begins to angrily walk toward Bootstrap

Eris: How are we supposed to stop this thing if it can just ghost out on us like that?

Bootstrap: Eris! I know!

A= Eris hesitantly stops moving forward.

Bootstrap: I know it doesn’t make sense! But the fact of the matter is that it did happen, and as unhappy as we are with the outcome we still have to play by reality.

Ivo: And the reality is that a beast twice as large as a man just up and disappeared without a trace.

Bootstrap: We’re dealing with a shifter.

A= Both Eris and Ivo turn towards Bootstrap.

Ivo: A what?

Bootstrap: Whatever that beast was, it was an Archon, a shifter type. In other words we’re dealing with someone who can change their form nearly at will.

A= Eris walks towards Bootstrap

Eris: Are you sure?

Bootstrap: I’m certain. Think about it, nothing like that could hide in a populated city for long. But specifically when I was fighting it, it changed its fur making it more metallic so that my blades would just deflect off it.

Eris: If you’re right, you understand what that means right?

Bootstrap: I’m well aware of how bad that is going to be for us.

A= Artemis stops walking.

Artemis: They is still here… in the city… we can still feel them.

Bootstrap: It’s not all bad news though, after all we have Artemis.

A= Bootstrap strolls over and throws his arm around Artemis’ shoulder.

Bootstrap: Artemis did you get a good look at that beast’s soul?

Artemis: We saw them

Ivo: So would you be able to recognize it if we ran into it again?

A= Bootstrap rolls his eyes.

Bootstrap: There you go with that “which one” stuff again. What do you think i mean? The gigantic monster. The thing we were fighting all of a few hours ago?

Artemis: We would recognize her if we saw her.

A= A smirk flows over Bootstrap’s face.

Bootstrap: Ooooh.

Bootstrap: So it’s a girl then is it?

A= Eris’ eye narrow.

Eris: Bootstrap, no ideas darling…

Bootstrap: Let a man dream Eris

A= Eris punches Bootstrap’s arm.

Bootstrap: Got it, point taken.

Eris: So what’s the game plan, given that you’re acting so happy I assume you have one.

Bootstrap: I do, it’s not elegant but it is the only one I have.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:15:16 AM by sparishr »

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
Re: The Fugitive, The Runaway, and The Novice
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 01:21:53 AM »
New addition for Chapter 3! 24APR17 *Slight update 25apr17*

Spoiler
A= The scene opens in a dark alley of ILLBERA, homestead of the Guild Ivanhall. Blood runs down the stones of the alley. Slowly panning back to a mutilated corpse of unknown man, a reflection appears in the blood.

A= A reflection of Ivo’s face in blood, pulling back to show Ivo inspecting the corpse. Eris stands in the back with a grimace on her face. Artemis head tilted staring into the eyes of dead.

A= Bootstrap steps into view. Kneeling down next to Ivo.

Bootstrap: There are only two ways into this alley either from street, or the back door of the bar.

Eris: So he was drunk when he was attacked?

Ivo: I’d be willing to bet on it.

A= Ivo pulls out a paper with a Guild investigations seal on it.

Ivo: Tiv Analox, 45. Ice Archon, no guild affiliation. No profession of any sort, his wife of 30 years is his next of kin. By all accounts he was a man with no enemies. A bit of a show off, but nothing that would indicate he’d start a fight.

A= Bootstrap carefully takes ahold of the hand that the dead man retained and inspects the fingernails. Bootstrap smirks.

Bootstrap: He’s fingernails are spotless.

A= Eris roughly smashes her hand against the wall, causing all the stones in the alley to reverb.

Eris: Is this really the time to be grading his hygiene?

Bootstrap: Temper that anger suger queen. What i mean to say is none of his finger nails are broken, no skin or fur under them. I also notice his blade is still in his sheath.

A= Bootstrap sets the man’s hand back on the ground. And points to a sheath on the man’s hip, which still retained it’s blade.

Ivo: So?

Bootstrap: It means he didn’t get a chance to put up a fight.

A= Bootstrap peers over to the stump of the man’s detached arm.

Bootstrap: At least not with this hand.

Eris: So what’s the plan then  Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap covers his mouth and closes his eyes for a moment. Then after a sigh removes his hand.

Bootstrap: Im not sure, there’s not much to go on here. No witnesses, bar owner says he didn’t hear or see anything. And nothing left behind that would indicate where to look.

Ivo: So we’ve already lost then?

A= Bootstrap stands up.

Bootstrap: Now now, I didn’t say that. This isn’t my first contract.

Eris: So what’s the plan?

Bootstrap: We’re going to have to go fishing. We know what his bait is, we just need to find where he swims.

A= The scene cuts to Illbera at night. As it pans across, shadows dart across the roofs. Eventually the camera stops at a tavern. Boisterous and lively the sound spikes in volume as the back door to the alley swings open.

A= A rather old man with a drink in his hand hiccups out of the door.

Old man: G’*hic*d Night everyone!

A= A joyous response echos from the bar. The old man starts to wander out into the alley that splits off in four directions.

A= A slight hiss can be heard.

A= The man staggers nearly toppling into a box in the middle of the street.

A= Some pebbles falls from up above the alley, clattering onto the ground.

A= the old man swings around.

Old Man: Hel*hic*lo. Whosh There?

A= more pebbles fall from the building across the alley.

Old Man: I have *hic* no money, what little my wife letsh me hold onto, I left at the bar!

A= a growl can be heard from up on top of the roof, as knive sized claws peer out over the edge, seemingly effortlessly cutting into the stone of the roof. Two green iris light up in the dark, as a cat’s eyes.

Old Man: Oh hey there little guy! You must be hungry! Let me see if I have anything for you.

A= the old man reaches into his pockets, drunkenly falling over unto the ground in the process, several curses can be heard being muttered.

A= The growl becomes more aggressive as the creature leans forward into the light. It is a large furry creature, the face of a lion, with outcroppings of bone horns piercing it’s lower jaw. As it growls a forked tongue swishes around outside it’s mouth. Opposable thumbs with deep serrated claws. And a large mane that covers it’s neck, dark grey fur.

Old man: Oh…Big guy my mistake.

A= The stone of the roof snaps apart as the creatures powerful arms throw its body down toward the helpless Old Man, claws armed with lethal intent.

A= As the old man struggles to his feet. The creatures is propelled towards him. The creature's jaw unhinges to grab the man, to tear him in twain

A= A light flashes from another roof.

Bootstrap: Gottcha……

A= Something suddenly impacts the creature, slamming it into the wall. Obliterating a pile of boxes that stood in the way. The old man tumbles forward evidently shocked by the chain of events. A knife clambers to the ground, evidently what had impacted the creature.

A= Bootstrap drops down into the alleyway between the creature and the old man.

Bootstrap: Oh dear lord I’m glad that worked.

A= Sighing, Bootstrap turns toward the old man.

Bootstrap: Are you alright sir?

Old Man: Alright? I’m better than alright, haven’t had a fright like that in years. Reminds me of the first time I met my wife.

A= the Old Man blushes.

A= Shuffling can be heard from underneath the boxes. Bootstrap turns back to the pile of wood.

Bootstrap: You’re an Archon right old man? What kind? I might need your help here.

A= The old man looks flustered.

Old Man: Oh young man, I’m not much of a fighter. I can make bubbles though.

A= The old man throws his palms into the air and a stream of bubbles fills the alley way.

A= Bootstrap grabs the bridge of his eyes and sighs.

Bootstrap: Nevermind sir, just continue on with your night!

A= the old man turns and whistles his way down the alley.

Old Man: Such a kind youngster.

Bootstrap: Looks like im gonna need to call in the backup after all.

A= Bootstrap takes a small metal cylinder out from a pocket on the side of his legs, points it straight up in the air and pulls a small metal pin. A red flare ignites out of the device screaming up into the sky.

A= The pile of wood boxes explodes outward kicking dust into the air and revealing the creature. An angry roar cuts down the alley.

Bootstrap: And now we play the waiting game

A= Bootstrap takes two small throwing knives out of holders on is hips. And spins the blades around his fingers.

Bootstrap: So is the kitty gonna play nice?

A= The creature roars kicking off of the ground.

A= The world slows down. Bootstrap breaths in, and slowly exhales. The world continues to move at a snail’s pace.

A= The Creature sails forward through the air. Bootstrap moves toward the beast, it’s claws bearing down. Using his two small knives Bootstrap deflects the beast’s hands out of his path. The beast sails right over him. Both combatants have switches sides.

Bootstrap: Oi, I guess you’re not much for conversation.

A= The creature dives toward the wall, it’s claws digging in as it runs along the wall

A= To Bootstrap the creature hardly seems to be moving at all. His eyes dart to a point in front of the creatures path. Hurling his arm forward Bootstrap’s knife sails through the air and pieces the stone, measured to land right where the creature would grab the wall, a fraction of a moment later the creature’s hand impacts the kinive’s hilt.

A= The creature's hand bounces off the hilt instead of burying into the wall. With no hand to support its weight the beast tumbles off the wall. The creature flails frustratedly on the ground as it impacts.

Bootstrap: That should buy me some time.

A= Bootstrap turns to run and darts down an alley.

A= After Bootstrap clears the corner the creature rolls back onto it’s arms and legs. A roar erupts, and the beast gives chase.

A= Bootstrap frantically runs down the alley way. As he hears it approach he closes his eyes and listens to the sound of the creatures foot falls.

Bootstrap: 5...3...2… NOW!

A= Bootstrap’s arm darts down to his belt. Gripping a small metal spike with a flat metal container on its front.

A= The spike flies through the air burying itself into the alley wall.

A= as the creature crosses the spike. It’s explodes and a net rockets across the thin path, slamming into the beast. Hooks along the edge of the net bury into the wall, locking the creature against the wall.

Bootstrap: Whew perfect timing.

A= The creature flails and tears the net apart.

A= Bootstrap turns to run

Bootstrap: Oh come on that was a Nyflex net!

A= Bootstrap continues to run down the alley. As the creature gains on his right it leaps toward him, Bootstrap dodges under and continues running.

Bootstrap: Hurry up, hurry up. Where are you guys?

A= An unexpected claws swings straight in bootstrap’s leather armor along his back. The strike propels him forward with enough force to send him rolling out of the alley into an abandoned marketplace filled with empty wooden stalls.

A= As he regains his senses the beast flies out of the alley. Bootstrap rolls forward, as the creature slams into the wooden stall behind him, the world slows. Mid roll Bootstrap takes a knife from his chest and throws it at the creature.

A= The creature cries out in pain roaring loudly echoing across the marketplace, as the blade buries itself in its shoulder. As the creature stands up on it’s hind legs, it’s jaw unhinges and slams into the hilt of the knife. The blade snaps in half under the pressure of the bite and, the creature rips what remains out of it’s shoulder. The wound stitches itself back together.

Bootstrap: Not fair.

A= Bootstrap quickly hurls several other blades at the creature it’s impacts, and a few stick into the creature causing it to wail again.

A= this time the creature’s fur shifts. The dark brown fur ripples, shifting from dark brown to a more metallic silver color. The blades pop out of the creature.

A= Bootstrap hesitates for a moment out of confusion. Snapping from his fog, Bootstrap hurls yet another blade at the creature. This time the blade merely bounces off the creature, making a strange clanging noise as it impacts the fur.

Bootstrap: Oi, now that’s really not fair.

A= The creature starts to let out a slow menacing rolling growl as it slows approaches Bootstrap.

Bootstrap: Ok… really not kidding anymore.

A= The creature leaps at Bootstrap. He only just makes it below the creature, his hand slamming into the creature to guide the beast over him.

Bootstrap: Ivo… Eris. ANYONE!

A= Now only a few feet from the creature stands up on it’s hind legs, claws gleaming in the moonlight.

A= Claws rocketing down, Bootstrap takes a blade from his hip and stands defensively.

A= A flash of dark skin blindsides the beast. As a fist collides with the creature the wind pulses outward with bone cracking impact. A stone pillar erupts from in front of Bootstrap and strikes into the beast’s chest throwing it back into the darkness of the alley.

A= Bootstrap breaths a sigh of relief.

Bootstrap: Eris!

A= Eris smashes her forearms together and thrust them upward. The ground beneath Bootstrap and Eris erupts toward the sky, lifting them up to roof level. Both Eris and Bootstrap hop onto the nearest roof.

Eris: So what are we dealing with?

A= A roar can be heard from beneath.

Bootstrap: Couldn’t really tell you Eris. It’s no creature i’ve ever seen.

A= The creature’s claw smashes unto the end of the roof as it lifts itself up.

Eris: So what’s the plan to deal with it then?

Bootstrap: Well, we found it, and we have it’s attention.

A= The creature lunges at Eris, who slams her foot into the roof causing a large slab of stone to rise into the air, the creature collides face first. The stone cracks.

Eris: So we have steps one and two. Now what about three through four?

A= The creature growls as it runs around the lifted slab. As it clears the corner of the slab the air cracks as Eris delivers a bone crunching uppercut into its jaw, blindsiding the creature.

A= The creature whimpers as it is thrown backwards.

Bootstrap: I think you have that covered

A= Eris grips her hand in discomfort.

A= The creature rises back onto it’s paws and its forked tongue flickers about in irritance.

Eris: Never seen something take and uppercut like and get up so fast.

Bootstrap: Is that going to be a problem?

A= Eris lowers her stances and cracks her neck.

Eris: Well, you could call it trouble. Or you could call it fun.

A= Eris lets out a battle cry and the creature replies.

A= the two combatants charge at one another colliding into one another. As Eris rockets a punch forward the creature leans away from her target and it’s jaws reach into the snag her arm.

Eris: What?

A= The creature’s teeth bear into the leather armor around her elbow, crunching down. Then wiping its head around tosses Eris off the roof.

Bootstrap: Ah jeez.

A= bootstrap grabs A very thin looking piece of rope from a pack on his hip.

A= Eris tumbles down off the roof and Bootstrap dives toward the beast. Catching the beast by surprise Bootstrap runs past, tossing a noose like rope around it’s neck and then leaps off the roof with the rope in hand.

A= Bootstrap soars toward Eris. As he reaches Eris she gives a disapproving look.

Eris: Now what?

A= The slack in the rope disappears as the two almost collide with the ground, quickly halting Bootstrap’s and by extension Eris’ decent.

A= The rope cracks as it tightens around the creature’s neck and tears the creature off the roof. In panic the creature digs it’s claws into the side of the building attempting to hold itself.

A= Eris and Bootstrap land into the ground, doing a few rolls before landing back onto their feet. Bootstrap looks upward to the creature still clinging unto the building.

A= Bootstrap holds out the rope to Eris.

Bootstrap: One good pull is all it’ll need.

A= Eris takes ahold of the rope and viciously rips the rope backward. The creature gives out a cry as it tears bricks from the wall.

A= The creature careens down to the alley below. Bootstrap rushes forward, tearing a metal vial from his hip.

A= The earth ruptures as the creature lands. As it attempts to stand up Bootstrap flies overhead, his arm outstretched the vial slowly falling beside the beast.

A= As Bootstrap lands rolling away from the beast, the vial explodes. Releasing flame and shrapnel across the open space.

A= as the dust clears the creature writhes in anger as fire burns along its pelt.

Bootstrap: Oi, not fire proof then are ya!

A= The creatures eyes angrily zero in on Bootstrap, and with its hide enflamed begins to barrel toward him.

Bootstrap: Oh jeez.

A= Bootstrap attempts to run away, having been left out in the open. Eris bursts several stone walls fourth in the creature's’ path, but in its enraged state the stone walls are smashes to pieces.

A= Realizing rock will no longer stop it, Eris attempts to catch up to the beast to no avail, only finding the distance between them growing.

Eris: Uh, Bootstrap! I reeeeally hope you have a plan!

A= Bootstrap noticing the creature quickly gaining on him.

Bootstrap: A plan? No.

A= Bootstrap notices a dark shadow on the roof above him.

Bootstrap: A gamble, perhaps.

A= Bootstrap swings around, and hurls two blades at the creature each bouncing off its now metallic hide.

A= Bootstrap smirks.

Bootstrap: I knew he’d turn up.

A= The shadow dives from the roof intercepting the beast.

A= A white light ignites the hallway as lighting illuminates the shadow. Ivo, blade drawn, arm outstretched wreathed in a chaotic dance of electricity.

A= The beast’s head impacts the ground as Ivo’s palm grips it’s face and forces the beast downward. Ivo lets a cry out as lightning pours forth into the creature’s skull. It briefly roars, then goes silent.

A= Ivo remains still, a grimace of pain on his face, his hand still gripping tightly unto the hilt of his hookblade.

Ivo: Do you think that did it?

Bootstrap: I wouldn’t count on it.

A= The creature erupts to life and tosses Ivo back into Bootstrap’s arms.

A= As the creature opens its mouth to roar, a rock slams into the back of it’s head blowing into a cloud of dust.

Eris: I’ll keep its attention alright? You get started on steps three through four will you!

A= the creature turns toward Eris and chases her off screen.

A= Bootstrap drops Ivo

Bootstrap: So where were you?

Ivo: What? You do realize I had to run all the way here.

A= Bootstrap looks contemptuously down at Ivo

Bootstrap: We split the town up evenly. And Eris managed to get here quickly!

A= Ivo irritatedly gets up to his feet.

Ivo: Come on you’ve seen how she uses stone! I had to climb up to the roof! I don’t have any voodoo rock powers to get me up there!

Bootstrap: Yes yes yes, point taken! Now if you don’t mind helping Eris while I think of a plan?

A= Ivo points to Bootstrap about to retort, but instead holds his tongue and turns to go fight the beast.

A= Bootstrap looks confused for a moment.

Bootstrap: Hmm, that would have never worked on Eris.

A= Bootstrap closes his eyes and concentrates.

Bootstrap: All i can think to use is fire, it’s been the only thing to do any meaningful damage.

A= a voice emanates from behind Bootstrap.

Artemis: Alcohol is flammable isn’t it? There is a bar around the corner if he wanted to use that.

A= Bootstrap whips around. The pale dusty man known as Artemis stands behind him. His head cocked slightly as always.

Bootstrap: Artemis! Oi where in the blazes have you been.

Artemis: We… got lost.

Bootstrap: What? How did you? I mean ho-... Artemis YOU LIVE HERE!

A= Artemis tilts his head. To the other side

Bootstrap: It is you I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Go fight that beast with the others while I think of a plan.

A= Artemis peers around Bootstrap and stares at the intense battle between Eris and Ivo against the beast.

A= Bootstrap looks at Artemis with yet more disbelief.

Bootstrap: What kind of question is that? The only thing out there aside from Ivo and Eris.

A= Bootstrap looks toward the battle to verify the number of enemies hasn't changed. Still seeing only the one beast.

Artemis: One is quiet, the other is angry.

A= Bootstrap rolls his eyes and grabs ahold of Artemis’ collar.

Bootstrap: Alright nevermind, you’re crazy point taken. Now show me where this bar is.

A=  The scene cuts back to Ivo and Eris.

Ivo: So what did i miss?

A= Ivo slides past the beast and arrives next to Eris.

Eris: Not much actually.

A= the creature leaps toward Eris. Ivo catches the creature’s foot and pulls it back toward the ground.

Ivo: Really? Bootstrap made a big deal about me being late.

A= Eris puts both her hands together and slams them down on the creature. Cracking the street below it.

Eris: Eh, I had it handled.

A= the beast rises from the strike and roars in Eris’ face.

Ivo: Oh dear.

A= Eris raises a stone slab in between her and the beast, but the beast’s claws tear the slab apart. Eris revealed to have begun running away.

Eris: So what did Bootstrap say the plan was?

A= Ivo runs up and attempts to stab the creature. His blade clinks off the Metallic fur. Ivo nervously backs up.

Ivo: He was pretty vague on the details.

Eris: He didn’t tell you anything did he.

Ivo: Well, aside from buying time.

A= The beast swipes at Ivo. Ivo blocks the blow with his blade, the impact sends Ivo rolling off to the side.

Eris: Sounds about right.

A= Eris clasps her hands together and a stone erupts forming a dome over and around the creature. Apparently sealing it. The ground shakes as the creature begins tearing at the walls of the dome. Eris continuously attempts to create more walls around the creature.

Ivo: Alright i'm going in!

Eris: About time!

A= Eris drops her hands to her sides and the stone stops forming. The dome explodes as the creature throws both his arms outward colliding with the rock, kicking a cloud of dust into the air.

A= Electricity fills the air as Ivo sprints into the cloud of dust. And a blinding light erupts from within as the beast cries out in agony.

A= The creature with anger in its eyes stares down at Ivo. Seemingly unamused with Ivo’s strike.

Ivo: Yeah, that went about as well as I thought it would.

A= Ivo dives backwards as the beast’s claw splits the air.

Bootstrap: Oi! Ivo catch!

A= Bootstrap appears from on top of the building holding three bottles of a viscous liquid known as “Imberhops”, a highly alcoholic and vile drink.

A= Ivo extends his arm catching the bottle in his hand.

A= Ivo looks down at the bottle in confusion.

Ivo: Bootstrap! I’m not following!

A= The creature walks toward Ivo, wincing as Bootstrap hurls bottles down at it. The liquid inside splashing against the creature coating its fur.

Bootstrap: HIT HIM WITH IT!

A= Ivo instinctively slams the bottle down on top of the beast’s head, the liquid dousing the creature. A few broken pieces of glass sit on top of its head, and the creature looks rather irritated with the attack. Opening it’s mouth displaying it’s shark like teeth and hissing.

A= Ivo chuckles nervously, and begins backing up.

Ivo: Were there some follow-on instructions with that Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap unclips a metal vial from his hip.

Bootstrap: Yep.

A= Bootstrap winds up his throwing arm.

Bootstrap: Run

A= Bootstrap hurls the vial at the creature.

Ivo: Oh jeez, son of a-

A= The small metal vial erupts into flame.

A= the creature roars in agony, and begins to run in circles on fire.

Bootstrap: Got him!

A= the creature slams into the side of a building, rolling around in pain. Then slamming his claws into the wall begins to climb.

Bootstrap: Eris! Don’t let it get away!

Eris: On it!

A= Eris rips her arm backward and a pylon of stone erupts from the wall and bashes the creature back down to the ground.

A= as the creature cracks the ground, it quickly reorients itself and takes off running toward an alley.

A=Ivo, Eris, Bootstrap, and Artemis take off to follow.

Ivo: What is it going to take to stop this thing!

A= Eris slams her foot into the ground erecting a wall in an attempt to seal off the beast’ escape, but the beast crashes straight through the wall.

A= The four heroes, attempt to follow through the hole in the stone wall, but upon reaching through there is no sign of the creature.

Bootstrap: Eris! Get us topside.

A= Eris thrusts her forearms upward and the the rock beneath the troop of heros extends upward to the roof.

Bootstrap: Oi, fan out and find it.

A= The four heroes split up and search in different directions.

A= Hours pass, it is nearly dawn. Our four heroes meet back up where they had lost the creature.

A= Eris leans up against her now broken stone wall her arms crossed angrily, Ivo sitting up against the wall of the alley, Artemis wandering aimlessly, and Bootstrap deep in thought with his hand on his chin and eyes closed.

Eris: Well if no one else is going to say it, I will! This is some bullcrap!

Bootstrap: I know Eris.

Eris: It was a huge hulking roaring beast. It was on fire for christ sake! How did we lose it?

Bootstrap: I know Eris

A= Eris pushes off the wall and begins to angrily walk toward Bootstrap

Eris: How are we supposed to stop this thing if it can just ghost out on us like that?

Bootstrap: Eris! I know!

A= Eris hesitantly stops moving forward.

Bootstrap: I know it doesn’t make sense! But the fact of the matter is that it did happen, and as unhappy as we are with the outcome we still have to play by reality.

Ivo: And the reality is that a beast twice as large as a man just up and disappeared without a trace.

Bootstrap: We’re dealing with a shifter.

A= Both Eris and Ivo turn towards Bootstrap.

Ivo: A what?

Bootstrap: Whatever that beast was, it was an Archon, a shifter type. In other words we’re dealing with someone who can change their form nearly at will.

A= Eris walks towards Bootstrap

Eris: Are you sure?

Bootstrap: I’m certain. Think about it, nothing like that could hide in a populated city for long. But specifically when I was fighting it, it changed its fur making it more metallic so that my blades would just deflect off it.

Eris: If you’re right, you understand what that means right?

Bootstrap: I’m well aware of how bad that is going to be for us.

A= Artemis stops walking.

Artemis: They is still here… in the city… we can still feel them.

Bootstrap: It’s not all bad news though, after all we have Artemis.

A= Bootstrap strolls over and throws his arm around Artemis’ shoulder.

Bootstrap: Artemis did you get a good look at that beast’s soul?

Artemis: We saw them

Ivo: So would you be able to recognize it if we ran into it again?

A= Bootstrap rolls his eyes.

Bootstrap: There you go with that “which one” stuff again. What do you think i mean? The gigantic monster. The thing we were fighting all of a few hours ago?

Artemis: We would recognize her if we saw her.

A= A smirk flows over Bootstrap’s face.

Bootstrap: Ooooh.

Bootstrap: So it’s a girl then is it?

A= Eris’ eye narrow.

Eris: Bootstrap, no ideas darling…

Bootstrap: Let a man dream Eris

A= Eris punches Bootstrap’s arm.

Bootstrap: Got it, point taken.

Eris: So what’s the game plan, given that you’re acting so happy I assume you have one.

Bootstrap: I do, it’s not elegant but it is the only one I have.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:14:49 AM by sparishr »

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 01:13:02 AM »
New Addition chapter 4 (Slight change to the end of cpt 3 as well but it is minor)
Spoiler
A= The scene cuts into a dark wooden den. Scattered throughout the room are wooden mats. And women passed out, smoking pipes scattered around. Smoke drifts through the room. Light engulfs the room as Bootstrap steps through the door, walking with purpose, followed shortly by the rest of our group.

Ivo: There’s a killer on the loose what are we doing here?

A= Bootstrap continues walking straight to the back of the establishment. A red curtain covers an exit out the back of the room. Beside the door a man leaning back in a chair sleeps.

A= Bootstrap arrives at the curtain and extends his arm to breach the curtain. However before reaching the curtain Bootstrap stops, and looks down to the sleeping man.

Bootstrap: So am I allowed in or are you just waiting till we’re inside before you stab us in the back?

A= the sleeping man opens his eyes and shrugs.

Sleeping man: Kaito knows you’re coming, I wasn’t told to keep you from entering.

A= Bootstrap sighs

Bootstrap: That isn’t encouraging.

Ivo: Why are we worried?

Eris: Kaito is a paranoid person. We should never just be able to walk straight in here without some sort of commotion. If we made it this far and it’s still this quiet, that means it’s exactly what Kaito wants.

A= Bootstrap puts his hand through the curtain and hesitantly parts it.

Bootstrap: Anything I should know before I go in?

Sleeping man: Make it easy on us and we’ll make it easy on you.

Bootstrap: Uh...huh

A= Bootstrap slowly walks past the curtain, followed by Eris and Artemis. Ivo stands still not having moved.

Ivo: Wait… Didn’t he just threaten us? Why are we going further in? Who’s Kaito? Why do we want to find them?

Sleeping man: First time here huh? Don’t worry everyone is nervous the first time.

A= Ivo stares at the red curtain, then back to the door leading outside. Ivo growls as he closes his eyes and walks blindly into the space behind the curtain.

A= The path beyond is dark the only light a few torches along the wall. Ivo catches up to the group and they walk for a few moments. The group comes to a simple wooden door at the end of the path.

A= Bootstrap once again hesitates.

Eris: No maze this time?

Bootstrap: Kaito really wants us here doesn’t she?

A= Eris laughs

Ivo: She?

A= Bootstrap opens the door and waves the others inside.

A= It is a simple room. Walls ceiling and floor made of wood. Two golden cones bolted to the top corners of the walls, and a small black button on the wall opposite of the door.

A= Bootstrap raises his hand to press the button, for a moment he looks back to Eris and then turns back pressing the button.

A= the ground rumbles for a moment, than a low buzzing emanates from the cones.

Kaito: AH! So you finally made it! A few seconds later than I anticipated but I didn’t have time to account for everything.

Bootstrap: Good morning to you too Kaito. So you already know why we’re here, so let's start the negotiation.

Kaito: Ah yes your little pest problem.

Bootstrap: How much do you know?

A= A shuffling of papers can be heard.

Kaito: You know it’s never about how much I know, but how much you’re willing to pay to get.

Bootstrap: I came with the money, I want to know how to stop it and where to find it.

A= A slight chuckle can be heard from the other side of the speakers.

Kaito: No money this time Bootstrap, for that kind of information i’m going to need more.

Bootstrap: You wouldn’t ask for more from me if you didn’t already have something in mind, what is it?

Kaito: Just some information.

Bootstrap: What kind of information?

Kaito: Is Ivo Cassferth there with you?

Ivo: I am here.

A= Bootstrap turns to Ivo, with a less than excited face.

Kaito: Oh good! I thought he would be, but I thought it wise to ask.

A= Bootstrap rolls his eyes and turns back.

Bootstrap: So what type of information did you want?

Kaito: Uh uh.

A= Bootstrap’s head sinks

Bootstrap: So I assume this isn’t going to be a quick visit then?

A= The lights suddenly go out.

Bootstrap: Yeah gonna be a long day, Ivo don’t fight back.

A= Suddenly Ivo feels his hands get grabbed. Reactively Ivo tries to spin around to free his hands. Another group of hands grab his shoulders.

A= A stinging weakness suddenly grips his neck. A hood thrown around his head.

A= Suddenly the hood is removed, Ivo is sitting unbound in a less than comfortable chair. The room itself is brightly lit. Ivo can hear the faint sounds of laughing and music. The room is a dirt floor with less than beautiful wood. On the floor in front of him is a red silk carpet and sitting patiently on that carpet, a women.

A= The women has long flowing black hair that falls and covers the right side of her face, her skin is pale and a red ribbon rests on the left side of her head. Her  eyes are a soft black and a sight red dress wraps around her body. She sits in a meditative stance on a match on the floor with luxurious pillows surrounding her. In her hand a few sheets of paper, with other sheets laid neatly at her side.

A= She looks up and smiles

Kaito: Ah Mr. Cassferth it is nice to finally meet you. I had heard Highborne had picked up a new toy, it’s an honor to finally meet you.

A= Ivo looks around confused. He sees two guards behind him.

Kaito: I suppose introductions are in order. I am Kaito Akane, but to you Mistress Kaito, or just Kaito.

Ivo: You already know my name, so i suppose there isn’t much use in introducing myself.

Kaito: No, there wouldn’t be. In fact, I’ve gotten to know you quite well over the past couple of weeks.

A= Ivo leans back in concern.

Kaito: For instance, I know you’re from the continent of Firi.

Ivo: So what? A lot of people know that about me.

Kaito: My sources caught you stowing away on a ship heading to Illbera a few months ago, at the time I thought nothing of it. Then that same ship turns up with the entire ship dead, I started to take an interest after that.

Ivo: Huh…

Kaito: The we heard what happened in Redgarden. Funny the Guild reports never mentioned that Shadowhelm the Sovereign Victus showed up.

Ivo: Highborne said the Guild issued a gag order… So how did you?

Kaito: I think you're beginning to understand my point, there's very little that goes on that I don’t know about. And when i find something I don’t know, I make it a point to find it out.

Ivo: So what do you want from me?

A= Kaito smirks

Kaito: You’re in the unique position of being able to give me something I want.

Ivo: and what is that?

Kaito: Does the name “Martial Drop” have any meaning to you?

Ivo: Martial what?

A= Kaito’s eyes narrow.

Kaito: Your mother never mentioned?

Ivo: What does this have to do with my mother?

A= Kaito reaches under a pillow and pulls an opium pipe.

Kaito: I can see my assumption may have been off than, no matter.

A= Lighting the pipe Kaito continues.

Kaito: Now than, Bootstrap brought you here to ask for information about the shifter Archon no doubt.

Ivo: He wants to know how to stop it, and where to find it.

Kaito: I know what he wants. What is important now is that you know what i want. After all i can tell you what you want to know, but it isn’t for free.

Ivo: So what’s the price?

A= Kaito takes a deep puff and closes her eyes.

Kaito: This archon is an interest to me, he has information that has become increasingly scarce these days, and the more exclusive information is, the more power it holds.

Ivo: What information do you want me to get from him?

Kaito: Don’t be silly I don’t want you to bring me the information, I want you to bring me him.

A= Ivo narrows his eyes.

Ivo: You know how dangerous that thing is? That… Thing needs to be put down.

Kaito: Come now, I’m going to tell you have to stop him? What do you care what happens to him after you’re done with him?

A= Ivo moves forward on his chair

Ivo: That thing is a monster, and I don’t trust someone that doesn’t want it dead.

A= Kaito leans forward and smirks once more.

Kaito: Trust is overrated in this business Ivo. I know a lot of things about you Ivo. The most important thing is, you know you’re not strong enough to take that thing down yourself. And I think you and I can agree, it’s only a matter of time till that thing kills again.

A= I’ve eases up.

Kaito: Now I can promise you if you work with me, that thing won’t harm anyone else after tonight, but if you don’t… well, do you think you could live with that?

Ivo: I bring that thing to you, and you promise to keep a leash on him.

Kaito: I knew you’d see it my way.

A= Kaito snaps her fingers.

Kaito: Now about stopping him. Shifter archons can heal their wounds so long as they have enough energy, so someone of your power level could never deal enough damage to actually kill it. However you can cut that power supply with this.

A= One of the Guard behind Ivo hands him a box covered in cloth.

A= Ivo removes the cloth that covers the box. The box is ornate with gold stripes wrapping in beautiful patterns, with several jewels encrusted into the sides. As he opens the box, three palm sized glass like orbs tinted a deep green reside within, at the center is an onyx sphere.

Ivo: And these are?

Kaito: Those are Vitrium blast charges.

A: Ivo takes the orb out of the box and holds it up to the light.

A: As the orb contacts his hand a strange almost claw-like mist flows off of the onyx center trying to make contact with Ivo's hand, but as the stream contacts the edge of the outer glass-like shell it bounces off and begins to flow around the inside of the shell. The mist begins obscuring the onyx center.

Kaito: So long as the outer shell is unbroken the charge is harmless, however if it gets damaged it becomes a low grade explosive with a nasty twist. They’re rumored to be an old Enviran design, rare to come across.

Ivo: Enviran?

A= Kaito ignores the question.

Kaito: Vitrium has an adverse effect on Archons, it’ll drain an Archon and prevent them from using their abilities. Even a small amount can do considerable harm to an Archon.

A= Kaito reaches in a pocket on her side and tosses the object to Ivo.

A= Ivo catches it. Wincing, his legs buckling, and nearly dropping it. Looking down at his hand, Ivo sees a small onyx crystal, no bigger than his thumb nail resting in his palm.

Kaito: That’s a concentrated sample of Vitrium. The hand restraints the Guild uses to arrest Archons have a tenth of the virtium in them.

Ivo: Take it away from me.

A= Ivo holds the crystal out for Kaito

Kaito: Baby.

A= Ivo grimaces obviously insulted.

A= Kaito takes ahold of the small crystal and places it back in her pocket.

Kaito: Now imagine having 16 small shards of that stuff lodged underneath your skin. It’s doesn’t matter what that Shifter Archon can turn himself into, you get him with even a few shards and he’s not turning into anything.

Ivo: That’s amazing, why don’t we use this more often?

Kaito: It’s expensive, rare, and no above average Archon is going to let themselves get hit by it. I got this by digging through an old Enviran tomb.

A= Ivo places the Vitrium charge back into its case.

Ivo: So how are we going to find this thing.

A= Kaito clasps her hands together.

Kaito: Now, Now Ivo how do you expect me to trust you.

Ivo: Trust you? Didn’t you just say-

Kaito: Don’t remind me of what I said, I assure you i remember. But i just handed you two deadly weapons. How can I guarantee you won’t betray me?

A= Kaito takes a piece of paper.

Kaito: Ms. Denara has quite the rap sheet. Plenty of money she owes to some shady characters. I imagine if the Guild ever caught wind of how dark her debts go, she’d be taking a permanent vacation in the Guilds Majoris Prison.

A= Kaito flips to the next page.

Kaito: And Artemis. Soul Archons are already considered Illegal entities, he’s only been allowed to live this long by the word of Highborne alone. If the Guild was ever under the impression he was dangerous, even if he were say… Framed. Im sure not even Highborne could protect him.

A= Kaito taps out her pipe.

Kaito: I don’t like throwing cards away Ivo, but if you force my hand. I can fold any time.

A= Ivo angrily stares at Kaito

Ivo: So where can I find him?

Kaito: I like a player that knows where he stands.

A= Kaito snaps her fingers once more. And the second guard leans forward and holds out a folded white map.

Kaito: You’ll find the Archon at the Finder’s Pint, in the southern district of Illbera tonight around 8 O’clock. Make sure you move on him, his habits imply he is ready to move again.

A= Ivo looks over the map and nods.

Kaito: Now I would take a deep breath or this is going to hurt.

A= Suddenly one of the guards grabs ahold of Ivo, the other jabs a large syringe into Ivo’s arm.

A= Everything goes black.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
Ok so I'm sorry it's been so long since I've done anything. Since I got back, I've looked over each of the chapters and made some changes to each:

Nothing "plot changing", so there no real need to re-read anything but some quality changes in terms of progressing.

I've expanded the first chapter and events in the vault. I tried to refine the main cast's actions to give them more "character" as well as a few changes to events. with the vault It felt a little anticlimactic to have it just *censored* out without at least something happening so I tried to " Dog and Pony show" the Event to make it feel more meaningful. In the same scene I added few details about Shadowhelm that aren't super important right now, but hints to a few important things about his character.

for Chapter 2 I tried to refine how Bootstrap was introduced so that it felt more "personal" and less like I was just tossing him in. It's still not perfect but I did what I could and changed a few key things. Along side that same vein I tried to make Kilik's character a bit more likable, rereading it I found him a little annoying, but I would like a second opinion if anyone is willing to elaborate.

Chapter 3 remains relatively untouched, aside from a few syntax and grammatical changes.

and Chapter 4 has been completed although the questioning between Kaito and Ivo i am still not entirely happy with so I expect to change it significantly. But for now it will do.

I'm still working on 5 trying to refine events involving the Beast and the team leading up to Kaito's men stealing the beast away. Expect the completed chapter within the month (Hopefully!)

lastly as opposed to Updating the parts here. I am only sending the updated versions to the Master chapter housing to simplify it for people, and So i don't have to make a whole new post here if i don't have to!

Thanks again and  if anyone has read this I appreciate it, I get some sick sense of pleasure from it so I thank you!