November 23, 2017, 02:00:23 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Fugitive, The Runaway, and The Novice  (Read 1608 times)

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
The Fugitive, The Runaway, and The Novice
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:59:57 PM »
If you're new to this thread I recommend reading through the Whole chapter housing entry. It is a great deal less confusing and a bit more clean than trying to make sense of this mess!

CREATED A MASTER HOUSING FOR THE FINISHED CHAPTERS in the *Develop Your Story*Tab 

http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,17766.0.html

This is just chapter 1

Any input is great! whether it be content critiques, error corrections, or simple conversation!

A= indicates actions, info, scene, ETC

(Name): indicates dialogue

Spoiler
Ivanhall takes place in a more medieval/steampunk Age. The World is populated by Humans and “Archons” Which are only distinguished by the Archons possessing powers. The powers differ between person to person, ranging from elemental control, to mental control, to the ability to generate shockwaves, even summoning demons. While the amount of Archons are still fairly low in comparison to the normal humans, a novice Archon can take a large group of humans easily, And a master Archon can destroy towns with a whim.The main ruling body of the world is The Empire, a large sprawling power that encompasses three large continents (Aviriia, Gondowahn, and Firi). However over the past decade the Empire has been in a steady power decline because of the existence of “The Guild”. A mercenary group that has steadily become a ruling body all its own, it is comprised primarily of Archons, however a few humans have managed to join. While The Empire and The Guild are not currently at odds it is only a matter of time until the match of this gunpowder keg is struck. The story follows a youngman by the name of Ivo Cassferth on his very first mission for The Guild.

The scene is set inside a carriage. Three people reside within.

Ivo Cassferth (Male, Slim, Average height, Middle Eastern (Egyptian, Palestinian) very tan, dark black hair: Loose leather clothes with a tan overcoat with a torn up hood),

Eris Denara(Female, muscular, slightly shorter than Ivo, black (haitian), dark red hair, wears heavy metal armor),

Artemis (Male, thin, disheveled, white (Italian, Russian), brown hair, about the same height as Eris, wears a dusty and torn silver robe with broken iron shackles around his wrists and ankles. Importantly his iris’ have a faint purple shimmer around the borders)

Scene: Entering Redgarden-

(It is daylight outside the carriage. Eris and Ivo are sitting on opposite of the carriage. Artemis is sitting upside down beside Ivo however he not in picture at the start. Ivo holds a rolled up piece of paper in his hand with a broken wax seal)

A= Ivo reaches to open the paper, prompting Eris to speak

Eris: Haven’t you read that thing enough times by now? You’ve probably memorized it all by this point. A bandit raid on the town of Redgarden, and we’re going there to stop it. What more is there you need to know?

A= Ivo stops, and lowers the paper to speak to Eris

Ivo: I can’t shake the feeling that something is off.

A= Eris leans back into her seat and sighs

Eris: Worried are we? It’s going to be ok Ivo you do the talking, I do the fighting. It’ll be as simple as that.

A= Ivo quickly unrolls the paper and flips it around to show Eris

Ivo: But doesn’t it seem odd that we of all people got this job?

A= Eris’ hand raises to rub her eyes

Eris: Odd? Odd how?

A= Ivo pulls the paper back and stares at it intensely

Ivo: I mean… Im not even a part of The Guild yet. And this job came from the Guild Legion himself, to us! It doesn’t strike you as strange that the Guild Legion, leader of the entire Guild, had a job just for us, a couple of nobodies?

Eris: Are you afraid of a little attention Ivo?

Ivo: And it’s asking for three of us! Just to stop a few bandits, doesn’t that seem a little strange? You could likely handle them all by yourself if you wanted to Eris, so why so many of us?

A=Ivo throws the paper. It lands, covering Eris’ face, she doesn’t attempt to remove it.

Eris: So you get a headstart on your Guild career. It’s more than I was ever given.

Ivo: I don’t trust it.

A=Eris stretches causing the paper to slide off onto the floor

Eris: You don’t need to trust the job, you just need to do it.

A=As Eris finishes stretching she looks over to the window. A loud knocking can be heard from the front of the carriage, Eris flinches from the sudden sound

Ivo: We must be close then. Do you think I should wake him up?

A=The shot pans over to expose the third person, Artemis, sleeping upside down (feet up in the air, head down near the floor)

Eris: No need. He’ll wake up sooner or later.

A=Ivo sits forward

Ivo: What do you think we’re going to find?

A= Eris’ narrow and a slight grimace forms on her face.

Eris: Optimistically? Lots of dead people, and if we’re lucky most of them will be bandits

Ivo: and if I were to call you a cynic?

Eris: I don’t think bandits are going to be the worst of our problems.

A=The carriage slams to a stop. Artemis is tossed about the cabin as a ragdoll, but eventually lands, right side up, on the seat across from where he began. The man’s eyes dart about confused as if trying to recount the events that put him there.

Eris: There, I think that woke him up.

A= Artemis’ eyes calm down and center on Ivo.

Artemis: We’re there then, yes?

A=A shadow is cast over the window, as the carriage door opens a ragged bloody man is exposed.

The Man: You’re the Guildsmen right? Oh thank god.

A=Ivo, Eris, and the now awakened Artemis pile out of the carriage. They are on a road surrounded by trees nearly blocking out the sky, several corpses dot the surrounding area..

The Man: It’s been five days since we sent out the Guild request, we were beginning to worry no one was coming.

A=Ivo looks around and notices a few corpses scattered around, some are bandits, others wearing the same teal armor as the man. Ivo notices The Man is clinging his side with blood dripping out.

The Man: You must hurry, follow this path through the woods. My men and I have been guarding it for your arrival. Our patrols have found traps and bandits along it, meaning the path may not be safe, but it is the fastest way to Redgarden.

Eris: You don’t seem to be in any condition stay here on your own.

A=The Man chuckles

The Man: Don’t worry about me, the townspeople need you more than I do. You’re very late, but with any luck, you might do some good yet. Now get going.

A= Eris and Ivo turn towards The Man and salute him, by forming their hands into fists and place each first against the opposing shoulder. After dropping the salute the two begin to run off down the path. However Artemis stays behind and stares down at the wounded man.

A= A slight purple aura traces around Artemis’ arms.

Artemis: He doesn’t have much time left does he?

A= The man slowly lowers himself down onto his knees. Evidently in pain.

The Man: You know for a Guildsmen, your bedside manner could use some work.

A=The man lets off a evidently nervous chuckle, the chuckle turns into a grimace as pain rushes over The Man.

A=Two bright glowing scythe-like weapons appear in Artemis’ hands. The Man’s demeanor shifts to a much more grim facade

Artemis: We promise we will make it quick, he only has a few minutes to live anyways.

The Man: And here I thought Soul Archons were only a myth. I suppose if there were any time for myths, I hope those two have a good leash on you. You just might be a bigger threat than the bandits.

A= The man grimaces out of pain. Artemis stares blankly at the man.

The Man: Fine, do what you have to do Guildsmen. Just make sure Redgarden survives, for my sake, touch a hair on any of it’s citizens and i’ll be waiting for you on the other side… Monster.

A= Artemis slowly approaches The Man. He raises his Scythe, as the scene cuts to black.

A=The view catches up to Eris and Ivo, who have not yet noticed the absent Artemis. Frames of the forest, with shadows of bandits off in the distance. Ivo pulls ahead of Eris. As he runs he see a glimpse of a thin metal wire stretched across the road. Ivo hesitates as his foot catches the wire.

A=A brief click from devices off in the forest can be heard. Explosions off on each side of the path erupt shattering the trees. Ivo closes his eyes as he tumbles forward.

A= To his rescue Eris leaps in at the last second driving her knee into the ground. Two stone walls erupt from the ground protecting the two from the blast.

A= Eris winces as the blast cracks the stone walls, in evident pain. Suddenly three bandits roll out from the forest ready to pounce on the heroes. Without missing a beat Eris immediately rushes forward crashing into one of the bandits. Lifting him high into the air and tossing him backwards.

A= The other two bandits ignore Eris and rush towards Ivo

A=Ivo takes a weapon from off his back. (A hook blade, long slender staff-like body with two long blades on one end and a sharp hook on the other).

A= Ivo rolls back unto his feet, Narrowly avoiding axe swipes. As Ivo recovers, a bright scythe careens past Ivo driving itself into the chest of one of the bandits. A chain materializes on the handle of the scythe, suddenly tightening the scythe rips the bandit past Ivo.

A= Spinning around Ivo sees Artemis gripping the Bandit by the throat, a glowing scythe in his other hand. Artemis slashes his scythe across the bandit, who then goes limp.

A= As the bandit’s corpse falls, a shimmering image, an imprint of the bandit, is left behind. Artemis slams his hand shut, shattering the image and the image falls apart into a torrent of energy, slowly being drawn into his arm. Artemis slowly breaths out.

A= Ivo’s attention snaps back, as the final bandit swings his axe at Ivo as he narrowly dodges below the passing weapon. As Ivo stands back up, the bandit strikes again. Careening down, the axe clangs off of Ivo’s now raised weapon. In the moment the bandit is thrown off balance, Ivo spins his weapon, bringing the blades along the Bandit’s chest, and thrusting forward, striking the bandit down. The bandit slowly slides off of Ivo’s weapon.

Ivo: ERIS!

A=The ground shakes, the sound of cracking rocks echoes down the path.

Eris: What!

A= Ivo runs further up the path, through a cloud of dust that was brought up by the battle. Eris is slowly walking back, her opponent buried face first into the ground, his feet still poking out.

Ivo: I didn’t hear you yell a single insult that fight, I admit i was starting to get worried.

Eris: What? Worried that I’d died? I think it would be a safe bet, that any fight you walk out of alive, would be a cakewalk for me. Now let’s get moving, and Ivo…

Ivo: Yes?

Eris: Keep an eye out for booby traps from now on, I’d like to save my strength for the actual fight, not for getting you out of trouble.

A= Ivo dips his head in embarrassment, behind him Artemis, with a blank face, tilts his head.

A= Our heroes once again get on the move. They arrive at a break in the woods, what was once rows of tree has been carved out into a barren field leading up to large wooden gates and the wooden wall that lines the outskirts of the town of Redgarden. As they cross out through the clearing an arrow comes screaming out from a guard tower along the wall. Eris slams to a halt as the arrow pierces the ground straight in front of her.

A= Eris grimaces as stumbling can be heard from up above. A voice calls out from atop the tower.

Captain: My deepest apologies Guildsmen! My men were expecting bandits…You must forgive them, they are not used to quite so much commotion! Just wait down there a minute while i get the gate open!

A= Some more clamoring and arguing can be heard for just a moment. Shortly after the Gate begins to open, shaking a layer of dust off of it. The trio makes their way inside the gate, they are greeted by a disheveled man in silver armor. The man is evidently tired with bags under his eyes, the armor on his left leg cracked and broken.

Captain: I am relieved to see you have finally made it, in all honesty many of us had started worry. But now that you are here, maybe we have a chance at pushing back these bandits. Now which one of you is in charge?

A= Eris disrespectfully walks past the Captain bumping into his shoulder, nearly knocking him over.

Eris: Ivo… The talking!

A= Ivo reaches his hand out to shake that of the Captain’s distracting him from Eris’ less than kind response.

Ivo: That would be me Captain, Ivo Cassferth at your service.

Captain: Ah, very good. If you’ll come this way with me, I can take you to the Mayor.

A= The Captain takes the group to a large hut in the center of the town. There are a few guards surrounding the Hut, two dead Bandits at their feet. The Captain motions for our trio to walk into the hut, but remains outside himself.

A= Eris strides into the hut Ivo follows. The shadows in the room shift as he walks into the room. Ivo looks around trying to pin-point the cause, looking to an unfettered Eris, and distant faced Artemis. Having found nothing Ivo dismisses the feeling and continues to walk further into the hut.

A= The room is a humble council room. A large wooden table houses a map, and various sheets of paper. Around the table in a circle are several elders sitting cross legged. Leaning dramatically against the table, the Mayor. The Mayor slowly begins to turn around and acknowledge their presence dressed in a fine green coat, a set of wire rimmed glasses hug his face.

Mayor: The Guildsmen I presume? Good, the bandits broke through the southern checkpoint two hours ago. This doesn’t give us much, if any time at all.

A= After a moment of silence, Eris shoves Ivo, reminding him once again of their agreement.

Ivo: That is correct. Guild Envoys: Ivo, Eris, and Artemis at your service. You must forgive me, we didn’t have much information to go off of on the ride here. Do you mind clearing a few things up for me?

A= The Mayor takes a seat on the far side of the table.

Mayor: You may ask freely, but I will remind you of the lack of time at our disposal.

A=Ivo walks over and stands on the edge of the table.

Ivo: I’d like to get to know a bit more about these bandits. It seems odd that the bandits would attack you.

A= The mayor leans back and clasps his hands together disapprovingly.

Mayor: You find it odd that bandits most of them killers, thieves, and traitors already, would ransack Redgarden?

Ivo: Allow me to explain, most Bandit droves stick to the roads, or small towns without an established militia, but Redgarden seems to be well manned and ready for battle.

A= The mayor grimaces slightly

Mayor: Im sure them men appreciate the praise even after days of siege.

A= Ivo attempts to shrug off the passive nature of the insult.

Ivo: I was wondering if you could think of something that would have encouraged them to act so brazenly. It may help us to understand how to stop them without conflict..

A= The Mayor tilted back in his chair

Ivo: In short, Bandits are scavengers not conquerors. If they’re coming for you, you have something they want.

Mayor: Thank you for spelling that out for me Guildsmen, im sure the thought hadn’t occurred to me. But to answer your question I am afraid none of us have any idea what would have spurred this. We’ve received to some produce shipments, but that is hardly enough to spark them into action. We sent out the empire taxes less than a month ago, so the town is the poorest it’s been this entire year. By all rights a bandit attack now wouldn’t reward them with anything.

A= A cough emanated from one of the older gentlemen as he attempted to clear his throat.

Elder: It’s the vault they’re after.

A= All of the shadows in the room shift suddenly. Ivo looks around having taken notice, looking around nothing now seems out of place. Eris and the Mayor do not seemed to have noticed, meanwhile Artemis’ eyes have taken an aggressive look as he begins to scan the room. Distracted Ivo continues the conversation.

Ivo: I’m sorry, the elder just now. He said something about a vault? That certainly sounds like something a bandit would want?

A= The Mayor removes his glasses and scratches at his temple. Sighing.

Mayor: It’s old myth nonsense that the elders like to hold on to, you know stuff parents tell their kids at night. As it goes, there's a vault deep in the mountains and the entrance is at the mountain’s base, inside of Redgarden’s walls. But the myth says it was a library, or some kind of hospital, I’ve never yet run into a bandit that was able to read, let alone an entire tribe that would risk invading us over books.

A= The same coughing from the elder once again.

Elder: But the bandits aren’t working alone are they?

A= The Mayor buries his face into his palm, as Eris crosses her arms.

Ivo: Excuse me if you will Mayor, but how much information do you plan on keeping from us?

A=The mayor sighs

Mayor: There have been reports of a mysterious third party amongst the bandits. However what the elder omits is that these reports are few and conflicting. Some reports say there are a group of men, other claiming to have only verified one man. However aside from the timing, there's nothing connecting him to this attack.

Ivo: What’s his description?

Mayor: He’s been described as an average sized man, a black robe bearing some sort of V symbol on it’s back, with a silver hood. There are no descriptions of facial features, in all it’s a vague and an insultingly unhelpful description. Guildsman, you must understand, the Redgarden armed forces have not seen a conflict like this for some time. I think it has been affecting my men, perhaps making them see things that aren’t there, so without a concrete report, im not going to waste time on someone who might not even exist.

Ivo: Either way, this would be information I would have liked, to keep my team informed if nothing else.

A= The shadows in the room once again fidget. Ivo’s eyes instinctively fixate on the movement, once again Ivo cannot be sure he had seen anything, but the feeling of displacement Ivo felt earlier is only growing more intense. A tap on his shoulder comes from behind, Ivo turns to see Artemis’ arm outstretched, his eyes shaking, darting about the room.

Ivo: What is it Artemis?

A=Artemis’ eyes close and a scowl forms on his face.

Artemis: We see him.

A= Ivo’s hair stands on end and his arm dives for his blade as he scans the room looking for what it is Artemis sees.

A= A demonic cry breaks the silence, as Artemis weapons materialize filling the room with a dark eerie purple light. It is then Ivo sees a dark shade hiding amongst the rafters of the ceiling. The shape of a man, realizing it has been discovered the shade flinches. Artemis’ scythe rockets upward crashing into the shade and slamming the creature into the ceiling before ripping it down shattering the table.

A= A battle cry from Eris, as she slams her foot down shattering the wood, from beneath the now grounded shadow a rock spire crashes upward impaling the creature. For all of a moment, the shadows in the room writhe in agony, shifting and convulsing. The shadow cries out splitting in half and then fading from existence. With that the room returns to its silence. Eris charges past the elders, grabbing ahold of the now split table and tossing it aside, continuing her charge Eris slams into the Mayor gripping him by his clothes and shoving him against the wall.

Ivo: What in the hell was that?

Eris: That… thing had to have come from an Archon.

A= The Mayor flinches at the statement.

Eris: There was no mention of an Archon in the contract! Planning to keep that bit of information from us as well?

Mayor: Please Guildsman,you must understand. We didn’t have the money for that kind of a job, please the village is poor and there's no time to send another contract. We’ll gladly pay our debts when the tradesmen restock the treasury.

Ivo: You knew there was an Archon? I should have know. Asking for three Archons to defend you from a few bandits?

Mayor: Please! We’ll pay the proper amount

Eris: It isn’t about the money! Do you have any idea why the cost goes up to fight an Archon? We don’t know how powerful this other Archon is! We have no idea who they are, or what they’re capable of!

Mayor: I only had the best intentions for my people.

Ivo: Mayor, you must understand. This job has just become monumentally more dangerous.

A= A desperate cough comes from an Elder.

Elder: You wouldn’t leave us to die?

A= Ivo, sighs, steps forward and puts his hand on Eris’ shoulder.

Ivo:  No I wouldn’t, we were sent here by the Guild to help, that hasn’t changed. Out of respect for my team I’d ask this be mentioned to our superiors. They will reward us for our actions in their own way.

A= As Ivo steps away Eris drops the Mayor and follows Ivo. Ivo looks to Artemis

Artemis: We can feel the shadows, he is getting closer.

Ivo: Then it may be time for us to go meet our guest. Eris, Artemis, let’s move.

A= The Trio walks outside and are met by the guard Captain from earlier.

Ivo: Captain, where will the enemy be coming from?

A= The Captain looks confused for a moment but eventually answers.

Captain: The main forces should be approaching from the south. You passed through the gate on your way in.

A= Ivo turns to look at Eris. A nod comes from her

Ivo: Captain, take your men and post them at the other entrances to the town.

Captain: Wouldn’t that leave us-

Ivo: My team and I will handle the south gate, I want you to ensure no forces sneak in from behind.

A= The Captain stares wearily

Captain: As you wish Guildsmen. I will have my men move out as soon as you take post at the south gate.

Eris: This close to the main attack the bandits won’t split their forces.

Ivo: I’m well aware of that. The men of Redgarden have fought hard enough.

A= Eris smirks slightly.

Ivo: What are you afraid of a little attention Eris?

A= The team returns to the south gate. Guards passing the team as they approach. Upon passing through the gate the team orders the gate to shut. Ivo stares up at the momentous gate. Soon the wall grows quiet, the captain had done as Ivo asked.

Ivo: Alright Eris, level with me. How afraid should I be?

A= Eris scoffs and leans against the wood.

Eris: They’re just bandits Ivo. You said you used to hunt demons, bandits shouldn’t terrify you.

A= Ivo sarcastically scoffs back.

Ivo: You know i wasn’t talking about them. It’s about that other Archon. You’ve been in the Guild longer then I have, I figured you’d have an idea of what we’re up against. So how many Shadow Archons do you know about.

A= Eris is silent.

Ivo: How many Eris?

Eris: Only one. Now is not the time to think about it. Get your head in the game.

A= Ivo turns toward Eris, her eyes are closed.

Ivo: There’s a distinct lack of confidence in your voice. It’s… Unsettling. So who is it?

Eris: Don’t let it distract you… Our friends have finally arrived.

A= Eris points off into the distance

A= As Ivo stares into the clearing, The sun begins to reach the highest point in the sky. As the shadow of the gate disappears against the shade of the trees, rustling can be heard in the woods. An array of steel and villainy brims on the edge of the forest.

A= A large brute begins to bridge clearing. A red bandana tied around his head, a scraggly beard hugging his face with a deep gash cut into it, and a large battleaxe clinging to his side. Behind him swarms a tide of much smaller bandits. The group shows fatigue from the long and arduous battle, many wounded, arms in slings and heads bandaged.

A= Ivo rises striding out into the clearing to meet the mountain of a man leading the bandits. Eris and Artemis follow quickly behind. Ivo and the bandit leader merely a few paces apart speak.

Bandit Leader: We’ve fought for three days, beaten back the tide of your soldiers. All of it, to reach this moment. And this is what the Redgarden responds with. If i’d known this was what we had to look forward to, I would have savored that last battle more. At least those men seemed imposing, right before I buried them.

A= The bandit leader leans back, obviously unimpressed with Ivo’s group.

Ivo: Redgarden is under the protection of the Guild. Turn back now and the Guild has no quarrel with you.

A= The bandit leader is evidently unmoved

Bandit Leader: The guy who hired us said there would be Guildsmen. Good, my men had gotten bored of goring petty guards. Though to be honest, If I were you I’d account for the difference in numbers.

Ivo: You’re men are tired and broken. Against guards you may have stood a chance. Im sure you’ve heard about what the Guild can do. We’re not just… Petty guards.

A= The Bandit Leader’s hand rises to the axe clipped to his side.

Bandit Leader: We’re not cowards kid, against what the common folk would like to believe. You can stand aside and let me finish my business, or you can die with the real cowards that are hiding behind that wall.

Ivo: I don’t believe either of us are ready to leave just yet.

Bandit Leader: So we both know how this is going to end?

Eris: Don’t threaten what you can’t kill

Ivo: Eris don’t hold yourself back on my account, I believe we’re done talking.

A= A stone wall erupts from in front of Ivo knocking the Bandit leader back. Eris’ fist strikes the wall and it shatters into a hellfire of shrapnel, forcing the army of bandits to back off. As the dust clears Eris is now standing in front of Ivo and Artemis is nowhere to be seen.

Eris: I’m only going to handle the big one, or the all the little ones. I’m not going to do all the work for you.

A= The army of Bandits begins charging at our heroes.

Ivo: I can take the big one, wouldn’t want you to get bored now would we.

A= Eris tilts her head back a smile on her face, evidently excited by the action.

Eris: Don’t get yourself killed it would make me look bad.

Ivo: What about Artemis? Where has he gone?

Eris: Don’t worry about him, he can handle himself.

A= Eris bolts forward toward the group, stopping just shy of reaching them. Slamming her fits deep into the earth, her hands emerge covered with stone.

A= Quickly Eris delivers a bone crushing uppercut to the nearest bandit. Slamming her foot down, tall pillars of rock explode from the ground around Eris knocking many of the bandits back, swinging her arm around, Eris destroys the base of the pillars causing them to fall down on top of her enemies and kicks up a wave of dust. Out from the dust boulders fly, catching many off guard as they try to dodge. A pillar rises high into the air out of the top of the dust cloud, riding it Eris stands. As the pillar slows to halt its ascension Eris leaps upward and slamming down onto the pillar sends shards of rock and stone splintering out around the area as she splits the pillar in twain. Colliding with the ground the surrounding earth splits and ruptures, some parts erupting into spires of rock, other parts splitting open forming gaps to trap bandits.

A= Eris’ battle cry echoes across the battlefield as the scene cuts back to Ivo.

A= The Bandit Leader and Ivo stand only a few strides apart. Both men draw their weapons and careen toward one another. With a rumbling roar The Bandit swings his axe as they pass eachother. The Axe clangs against Ivo blade erupting a high pitched scream as the metal meets. The impact sends Ivo spinning, nearly toppling him over. Ivo kicks out as he spins, his foot slamming headlong into the bandit leader.

A= As both the men regain their bearing, Ivo thrusts his blade outward causing the leader to recoil. As the Bandit stumbles back a fist rocketing from Ivo slams into The Leader’s chest. The blow doesn’t show signs of affecting the mountain of a man. The Bandit grabs ahold of Ivo’s arm and tosses him aside.

Bandit Leader: Quite the henchmen you’ve found yourself, she quite capable. Maybe she could teach you a thing or two.

Ivo: We both have our talents.

Bandit Leader: I’m glad we kept this between us then? No sense in us ruining the underlings’ fun right?

A= Ivo darts forward, slashing downward catching a few hairs from the bandit’s beard.

A= The Leader instead of recoiling moves forward catching Ivo off guard, His axe arches upward, Ivo catches the weapon in the hook end of his weapon, the momentum carrying Ivo upward over the bandit's head. As Ivo lands he tosses his weight in the weapon forward ripping the axe out of the bandit’s hand. The weapon flies backwards burying itself into the ground ten yards away from the two.

A= The Bandit rockets his elbow back, Ivo narrowly dodges only to find the bandit’s other arm spinning around and slamming into Ivo’s chest.

A= Ivo is sent flying backwards, but rolls back onto his feet and without skipping a beat takes off running toward the leader.

A= In response the Bandit throws a while uppercut, Ivo steps aside from the blow and down slashes across the bandit’s chest. The bandit roars and reaches down to grab ahold of the close range Ivo.

A= Ivo spins around his hand and finds himself on the backside of the Bandit Leader. A second later, the Bandit Leader reacts to Ivo’s blade cutting across as he moved.

A= Ivo looks back expecting to see his enemy defeated. Only to find the bandit swing wildly once more slamming into Ivo throwing him to the ground.

Bandit Leader: You’ve got guts kid, and one damn good sword arm. Hell if I wasn’t paid to burn this town to the ground, I’d be tempted to call a truce and offer you a strong drink.

Ivo: I’m sure Redgarden would be willing to pay double to not burn it down, you didn’t even try to haggle with the Mayor, I though bandits would good at this sort of thing.

A= A light cough comes from Ivo as he gets up to his feet.

Ivo: Hell, if you apologized enough im sure they’d even throw in a drink for free. You seem like a decent man.

A= The Bandit Leader chuckles as he rips his axe from the ground.

Bandit Leader: I suppose you can call me a coward then, cause the guy who hired me? I’m much more afraid of him than you… And he didn’t seem the haggling type. He was more the ambush you in the middle of the night and hold you hostage at blade point kind of man.

Ivo: No chance for that  drink then?

A= Both men look each other in the eyes than charge.

A= Another swing of the axe grazed the air, Ivo dodges below it and thrusts his blade forward, narrowly missing the Leader’s blade hand. In response the Leader grabs a hold of Ivo’s arm once again and lifts him overhead. Holding onto Ivo

A= Violently slamming into the ground, Ivo’s weapon slides away from Ivo, having lost his grip. Rising quickly to his feet, Ivo attempts to regain his weapon, finding his course blocked by the Bandit Leader.

A= Again on the defensive Ivo, is forced to only avoid the Leader’s attacks.

Bandit Leader: Not to useful without that weapon of yours.

A= A heavy strike leave’s the Leader’s axe buried in the ground temporarily disarming him. Ivo rolls toward his weapon to rearm himself. Blade once again in hand, he turns to confront the Leader.

A= As Ivo prepares to strike a cry can be heard from behind Ivo. A Bandit underling tackles Ivo sending both rolling of to the side. Ivo manages to toss the underling off, and rises up to fight the bandit.

A= Ivo smirks slightly, this underling would be no challenge.

A= Suddenly a bright purple flash rockets from the tree line. Ivo can just barely make out the shape of a scythe burying itself into the bandit before the flash rips the bandit backward into the forest, leaving only a cloud of dust behind.

Ivo: Artemis?

A= Several more bandits are ripped from the battle field being dragged off into the darkness of the treeline. Artemis dashes amongst the treeline keeping out of sight. Than embedding his scythes into two trees in a slingshot fashion rockets out of hiding slamming headlong into an unsuspecting bandit, thrusting both members to the other side of the treeline. A loud screech of a banshee rips across the space as a purple shimmer of a man, akin to the look of wild ghost, the soul of the bandit now under the reigns of the Soul Mage Artemis, flies from the leaves sweeping down passing through a group of bandits.

A= The bandits fall to their knees evidently drained by the attack. Purple light ignites out, as scythes fly out from the darkness, the chains bind the weapons wrap around two other unsuspecting bandits and rip them back. Disappearing to the darkness.

A= The sound of shattering earth redraws Ivo’s attention the the battle at hand. Having ripped his weapon from the ground the Bandit Leader surges after Ivo. Both of the men trade blows, countering, dodging. The two lock weapons.

Bandit Leader: You can’t hold out forever Guildsmen, I can see it in your face. The way you wince when you defend yourself. You’re weakening by the second.

A= Ivo throws himself back out of the lock.

Ivo: We better make this quick then, I think my friends are getting bored with your minions.

A= The leader gazes over to the other fight going on. The battlefield is littered with downed bandits and broken earth. The ground shook with Eris’ attacks, as bandits were sent soaring into the air. The haunting sounds of bandits’ blood curdling screams as they get dragged off into the forest reverberated across the clearing.

A= the Bandit Leader rests his axe against his shoulder. And lets out a bellowing laugh.

Bandit Leader: Your friends are damn outright terrifying.

Ivo: you think they’re terrifying now? Try getting to know them.

A= In anger the Leader rushes forward swinging his axe down with all of his strength, the first strike crashed into Ivo’s blade with such force as to tear the weapon out of Ivo’s hands. The second attack rose high above the Leader’s head and strikes downward.

A= Ivo with a smirk calmly takes a step back as the leader buries his weapon into the ground, too overcome with anger to adjust the swipe to account for Ivo’s movement. As the leader attempts to pull his weapon up, Ivo places his boot on the back of the weapon. The Leader looks up to gaze at Ivo. Suddenly a hand grips the Leader’s face. Ivo’s hand.

A= After a moment of silence, a bright flash envelops the area, as a lightning strike pours forth from Ivo’s arm. The lightning skittered across the air and within an instant, it was gone. As Ivo pulled his hand away, the Leader fell with all of his weight crashing into the ground.

A=Ivo recoiled in pain and gripped his hand.

A= As the bandits gazed at their now beaten leader, the remaining bandits begin to flee. Ivo retrieves his blade and walks back to his companion. The ground shook as Eris threw her last strikes at the fleeing bandits.

A= Eris turns to see Ivo walking toward her, still holding onto his hand in pain.

Eris: Glad to see asking you to take care of one guy wasn’t too much to ask of you.

Ivo: Some of us weren’t blessed with catastrophic power to command the earth. Maybe if I could call lightning bolts down from the sky it wouldn’t take me as long.

Eris: Don’t pretend like it’s my fault your magic couldn’t hurt a fly.

A= Artemis strides out from the tree line, what appears like purple smoke softly drifting off of him.

Ivo: It’s good to see you in one piece Artemis.

Artemis: We do not believe this is quite over. The shadows we can feel them.

A= Ivo instinctively looks down to his shadow. However nothing is strange about it.

Ivo: The Shadow Archon… is he not showing up to his own party?

A= Ivo turns away from Eris and Artemis and looks toward Redgarden

Eris: The bandits said someone hired them, it had to be the Archon?

Ivo: By the sounds of it the Archon could have taken Redgarden by himself, why hire the bandits?

Eris: They may have just been a distraction.

Ivo: To distract us from what?

A= Ivo looks towards the mountain as the words of the elders echoed in his head.

Ivo: Oh no.

A= Suddenly an earthquake shakes the ground. Ivo turns toward Eris, but the shaking is not coming from her. A deep grinding and tumbling echos across the clearing, evidently coming from within Redgarden.

Eris: The Vault…

Ivo: We need to move, Now!

A= Our trio sparks into action bolting off toward Redgarden. The gate to Redgarden sealed, as our heroes close in.

Ivo: Eris, get us over the gate! There's no time to wait for it to open!

A= Eris sprints forward, grabbing onto Artemis and Ivo by their collars. As her next footfall lands the ground revolts, exploding upward tossing the trio high into the air soaring clear over the gate.

A= Artemis summons a scythe, and hurls it downward into the wood of the gate, the chain materializes then tightens, slowing their fall back to the ground. As they land Artemis trips and slams face first into the ground but rolls forward onto his feet, seemingly unaffected by the fall.

A= Ivo takes the lead charging forward, with his companions in tow. Ivo traces his steps back to the town hall eventually turning the corner. Ivo stops silently.

A= Eris and Artemis catch up, turning the corner to rejoin their ally.

A= Where once the townhall of Redgarden stood, now only rubble and smoke arose. Eris having regain her sense rushed forward toward the destruction leaving a speechless Ivo behind.

Eris: Hello? Anyone!

A= A short cry of agony emanates from beneath piles of wood. Eris digs her arm into the rubble, attempting to clear it. With a roar Eris rips a large piece of debris from the ground, exposing a beaten and bloodied body. Ivo finally having been freed from his awe attempts to aid the man.

Ivo: Elder, what happened here?

A= The elder painfully breaths in, coughing up blood as he exhales. Eris runs of to look for the others

Elder: The Archon, Guildsmen he came for us. As we listened to the destruction beyond our gates, he appeared from nowhere, stepping out from the very shadows. He asked, demanded for the vault! We would not tell him Guildsmen, you must believe me.

A= Eris tries to clear more rubble away from around the area hoping to find more survivors.

Elder: Our silence angered him. With a wave of his hand, we were surrounded. Creatures of shadow, appeared from nothingness. They took hold of the other elders and I, gripping our throats. He turned to the Mayor and demanded, again, for the vault. The elders and I attempted to dissuade the Mayor from telling, but the tears in his eyes betrayed us.

A= Eris’ search only reveals more and more bodies. The bodies of the elders.

Elder: The Mayor had betrayed our trust, and told the Archon where to find the vault’s gates. The Archon released us, and turned to leave. No doubt to raid the vault that Redgarden has protected for generations. We would not fail our ancestors. Elder Coth, ran forward and grabbed onto the Archon, blade in hand.

A= A bloody cough escapes the elder.

Elder: The blade did not touch him. It passed through him like a ghost. Angered the Archon struck Elder Coth sending him flying back toward us. The Archon turned to us, yelling about how we had discarded our honor.

A= The Elder paused for a second.

Elder: Guildsman, it was our honor that compelled us to protect the vault, what else could we have done?

A= A tear drips down from the Elder’s face.

Elder: He turned away from us, walking into the shadows. Before he left a small bomb dropped from his hand. For a moment it was silent, our hatred beating in our hearts. Then, there was nothing. A bright flash, heat enveloped me. Pain and agony as my sight faded, as the world fell apart around me leaving me buried in the darkness. I thought it death.

A= Eris head down, silently walks back to Ivo and the Elder, falling to her knees. From her hands falls a set of glasses, the glasses that belonged to the Mayor.

Ivo: We can get you help, just hold on.

A= The elder slowly raises his hand, attempting to push Ivo away.

Elder: So that I can turn to my ancestors and tell them I abandoned my duty? For seventy-eight years I guarded that vault and for the first time it stands threatened, and you would ask me to wait and allow my enemy to defile it? I only ask one thing of this world, that I can pass in a way my ancestors would deem proud. You stand to give me this Guildsman, find the Archon and kill him. For what he has done to my brothers, he deserves no less. Go west, to where the mountains kiss the ground, a fountain hides the vault’s entrance.

A= Ivo looks up toward Eris, her hand in a first pressed into the ground a fire burning in her eyes, coming to her feet, Eris’ hand tighten crushing the glasses in hand. A nod passes from her to Ivo.

Ivo: Nothing is going to leave that vault alive.

A= Ivo allows the elder’s head to drop. The elder’s breath had long since halted. Ivo arises, and turns to the west. Away from Eris.

Ivo: Eris, i'm done talking.

A= Artemis standing above the elder kneels down, placing his hand on the elder’s now motionless face. As he pulls away a weak fading shimmer follows. Artemis closes his eyes and a pattern begins to glow a deep purple wrapping around his arm. The shimmer brightens in his hand, around around the area more shimmers begin to appear, one for each of the now dead elders. As Artemis breaths in the shimmers are drawn quickly inward, being absorbed by Artemis. As Artemis breaths out a faint purple gas falls from his mouth.

A= Artemis turns to speak, as the words fall from his mouth, a voice from each of the now dead elders echos his words.

Artemis: We are hungry

A= Artemis’ hand slams shut and his scythe screamings into life, reflecting a deep purple onto Ivo’s face.

Ivo: We’re going to tear him apart.

A= The trio takes off running, leaving the rubble of the town hall behind. To the west the trio travels until reaching their destination. The mountains began to form from the flatland, and where the land had began to rise a fountain was said to be standing. However the fountain no longer stood and had been decimated, torn from the ground and ripped apart. Beneath it a dark cave was hidden.

Ivo: No doubt this is where the vault lies.

A= The trio gazes down into the darkness of the ground.

Ivo: Artemis, can you see anything down there.

Artemis: We do not see, something down there muddles our sight. But we can feel him.

Eris: A Shadow Archon might be stronger down there in the dark.

Ivo: It’s a risk we’re going to have to take.

Eris: Are you scared Ivo? I was just saying I was looking forward to a good fight

A= Ivo smirks and turns back to the entrance of the vault. The trio descended into the darkness. As light begins to fade Artemis’ soul scythes are the only source of light, filling the air with a purple hue. Too dark to see clearly, but illuminating the path forward.

A= The group comes to the true gates of the vault, covered in gold and mystic runes. However a large hole had been torn through the structure.

Ivo: At least he was kind enough to leave the door open for us.

A= Ivo moves forward through the hole. Entering into the true vault, the room remains darkened, and aside from rubble was empty, save a grand brazier hanging from the ceiling, and cryptic writing on the walls.

Eris: There’s a door on the far side of the room, it’s the only way I see forward.

A= Throughout the room, stone sentires broken apart and tossed throughout the area.

Ivo: These sentries don’t seem as decayed as the rest of the room.

Eris: A defense mechanism? Guards that activated when the Archon first entered.

A= Ivo looks at the countless broken apart remains.

Ivo: Doesn’t seem to have been much of a defense.

A= Ivo lets out a nervous laugh. Eris just shoves Ivo forward.

A= The group carefully shuffles around fallen debris, toward the door. Upon arriving Ivo discovers the door is locked and struggles in vain to pry it open. Eris releases a soft giggle and pushes Ivo aside. Slamming her fist into the wall a loud crack echoes through the space as the door crumbles apart.

Ivo: If you could do that, why not just force open the door?

Eris: I didn’t use magic for that! It was all muscles baby! Whatever this stuff is it isn’t rock, i can’t control it. I can feel the stone around us, but it’s a significant distance away.

A= The doorway opens to a hall. Ivo steps into the hall and a spark jumps from his arm unto the wall. Ivo recoils in pain as the runes that covered the walls, illuminated rippling a bright blue light down the hall.

Eris: What did you do?

Ivo: Nothing… At least nothing i meant to.

A= The hall now illuminated lead itself to one final great hall.

a= The room was a giant coliseum, rows and rows of seats in a spiral spanning the perimeter of the room, all surrounding a small clearing at the bottom. At the center of the clearing lie a podium. As Ivo approached the podium, there appeared to be a book carved out of stone lain upon it

Ivo: This is what Redgarden was protecting?

A= As Ivo draws close to the book a blue handprint begins to emanate from the page.

Eris: They did call it a library, but that is an odd looking book.

Ivo: I can’t imagine someone trying to hard to get to this. It just looks like a book.

Shadow Archon: From what I’ve read, It’s actually quite remarkable.

A= the Trio instantly collapse together, weapons drawn backs against one another. Peering out in the the darkness of the room.

Shadow Archon: So you must be the Guildsmen Redgarden sent for. The bandits did not hold you as long as I had hoped. I should have expected it from such a pathetic drove of thieves.

Ivo: If you want a job done right, you should do it yourself.

A= The voice emanates from all directions, the trio cannot get a fix on who is speaking.

Shadow Archon: I suppose I should have seen this coming, it wasn’t hard to convince those bandits… Overtook them in the night, they hardly even put up a fight. I assume they died well?

Eris: As well as cowards can.

Shadow Archon: I had hoped to accomplish this with as little fighting as possible.

Ivo: You didn’t seem to mind killing the Elders, or the Mayor.

Shadow Archon: The old fools chose their path, I had every intention of letting them live. However they spat in the face of my mercy, if they did not value their lives then neither should I. It’s not something I would expect someone so new to the Guild to understand.

Ivo: What makes you think we’re new?

A= Shadows bleed from the ceiling down onto the floor of the room. From the shadows a the form of a man starts to rise. The trio turn to surround the creature.

Shadow Archon: If you were a veteran of the Guild, you would know who I am, and you would have already started running.

A= The shadow begins to solidify. A medium sized man comes into existence. Clothed in a black robe and a silver hood. On his back, a V with curved ends and a line separating the top half from the bottom. His face is shrouded by a dark cloud.

Eris: If you find us ignorant, enlighten us.

Shadow Archon: I am the Sovereign Victus, the Guild’s enemy number one. Equal only to the Guild Legion himself. The world trembles at my name… Shadowhelm.

A= The trio remain steadfast slowly inching closer toward Shadowhelm.

Ivo: If this is true you only strengthen our resolve, for if the Guild’s number one enemy stands before us, we cannot let you leave.

A= A deep chuckle emanates from Shadowhelm and echos off the walls.

Shadowhelm: Ah, I remember the arrogance of youth. I’ve seen it broken in men younger than you many times.

A= Ivo rushes forward attempting to strike Shadowhelm. However Shadowhelm’s form fades as he disappears into the floor.

A= Eris feels a hand on her shoulder, yanking her backward. A shadow stands behind the group. It turns toward Eris to engage her in combat.

A= In front of Artemis a shadowy figure materializes. The figure appears a carbon copy of Shadowhelm. The figure swings at Artemis, who just barely raises his scythes to intercept the blow. However the power of the strike knocks Artemis far into the air and into the seats that surround the exterior of the room.

A= Ivo feels something grab hold of his foot, suddenly yanking downward Ivo is dragged through the floor, into the shadow beneath him. For an instant Ivo loses his bearings, however after a moment he sees he is now back in the first room of the Vault, separated from his companions. In front of Ivo stands Shadowhelm, a large long spear in his hands and a lethal stance.

Shadowhelm: I do not blame you if you wish to run, Guildsman. But know if you run, I will kill the others. I leave only your life, in your hands.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:01:06 PM by sparishr »

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
Re: The Fugative, The Runaway, and The Novice
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:05:51 PM »
Sorry continued! (Character limit reached, my bad!)

Spoiler

A= Ivo readies himself, raising his stance again, and brandishing his weapon at Shadowhelm.

Ivo: You have a debt to pay and I will not hesitate to collect it.

A= Shadowhelm smirks.

A= Ivo dashes toward Shadowhelm and strikes for the head only for Shadowhelm’s spear to intercept and repel the strike. In the opening Shadowhelm’s arm rockets fourth striking Ivo in the ribs, pushing him slightly away.

Shadowhelm: I hope you didn’t think it would be that easy.

A= In an instant Shadowhelm fades into the shadow beneath him and is gone. A hand grabs unto Ivo’s shoulder yanking him backwards. Thrown off his feet, Ivo lands heavily onto his back, tumbling Ivo rolls back onto his feet and relocating Shadowhelm locks eyes with him, ready for the next attack.

A= Shadowhelm wrist flicks forward, and Ivo feels something coming from behind him. Instinctively Ivo swings his blade around. Spikes erupt from the shade behind Ivo, rocketing forward to pierce Ivo. Luckily his blade intercepts the spikes cleaving the tips off, as the tips fall they disappear back into the shadow that formed them.

A= Ivo looks around trying to relocate his enemy, finding nothing

Ivo: It’s not a very fair fight if you keep running away!

A= A chuckle reverberated through the darkness of the room.

Shadowhelm: It’s almost endearing that you think this could have ever been a fair fight. And that’s not even considering that I am also fighting you’re friends in the next room.

A= Ivo spins around looking upward to the source of the voice. Upwards bound to the ceiling was a grand brazier. Holding onto the chains of the brazier was Shadowhelm.

A= Something grips Ivo feet.

Ivo: What the?

A= Ivo struggles to move, finding his feet bound to the spot. His legs restrained by shadowy hands.

A= Shadowhelm slams his spear against the chains shattering it apart, dropping the brazier sending it down toward Ivo. Shadowhelm, leaps from the plummeting brazier.

A= Panicking, a large static discharge explodes from Ivo, tearing the shadow hands from his feet. He throws forward only just avoiding the falling brazier. Landing on his knees, Ivo grimaces from the pain of once again using his magic.

A= Another dark chuckle reverberates from a shadow right beneath Ivo. Suddenly a hand flies upward from within the shadow, grabbing Ivo from by the throat. Slowly Shadowhelm rises out of the shade, lifting Ivo off the ground.

Shadowhelm: You’re an Archon? And that little bit of magic is all you can do? How pathetic are you?

A= Ivo responds by swiping his blade across Shadowhelm’s face, it lightly grazes his face as he throws Ivo backwards. Shadowhelm raises his hand to check the wound, while there is obviously a cut on Shadowhelm’s face, it does not bleed.

Shadowhelm: That is much closer than I intended you to get, why don’t we move this along.

A= Ivo picking himself up notices Shadowhelm’s spear flying toward him, naturally Ivo attempts to dodge it. However the spear follows him as he moves and catches his shoulder, the force of the impact sends Ivo flying backwards into the nearby wall. Instead of colliding with the stone, Ivo is carried through the shadow

A= As Ivo emerges from within the shade, the only sight he can see is Eris. More specifically Eris’s fist rocketing forward, straight for Ivo. The air in Ivo’s lungs revolts as her strike collides with his chest. The force alone sending him backward into the shadow he had just come from, however this time the shadow did not allow him to pass through, and the stone of the wall behind the shadow remained solid. The stone cracks from Ivo’s impact.

Eris: Ivo? What in the hell, I had him backed into the corner! He was just in front of me! Where did you come from?

A= A rough cough comes from Ivo as he slides down the wall. Gripping his sides.

Ivo: The Shadow Archon. He can move himself and others through shadows.

A= Eris rushes over to help Ivo up.

Ivo: The range seems to be limited, He could only bring me as far as the next room and back. Wheres Artemis?

A= As if summoned by the question, the ground shakes as Artemis is tossed from the stairs above, striking the ground hard but rolling back onto his feet. Wiping his arm around Artemis’ Scythe soars back up into the seats. The chains binding it to his arm tightens yanking him back up.

A= A wall of shadow suddenly forms around chain, resulting in Artemis crashing headlong into a solid surface that had appeared from nowhere. Artemis’ Scythe fades and disappears dropping him back toward the ground.

A= Ivo rushes forward arms extended, he catches the falling Artemis before he can land.

Ivo: Artemis, are you ok?

A= Artemis has clearly been beaten, one of his eyes closed and swollen.

Artemis: We are weakening, but we will not break.

A= As Artemis exhales his scythes once again scream into life.

Eris: Move!

A= Eris collides with the two, knocking them out of the way of Shadowhelm’s oncoming spear. The spear impacts the ground causing a substantial explosion of rock as it collides.

A= Slowly the trio once again get back up on their feet.

Ivo: How are we feeling guys?

Eris: I’ve got nothing on him, my strikes are too slow, and there is too much of this weird stone between me and controllable rock, it takes too long for me to pull it all the way here.

Artemis: We can use our Scythes to catch him when he walks through the shadows, but even if we hit him our attacks do no affect him. Something is wrong.

Ivo: I ran into a similar problem. I’m not sure what our options are here. Anyone have any ideas?

A= Shadowhelm appears from behind them and arcs his spear around, Artemis and Ivo bring up their weapons blocking the strikes, however they are pushed back as it hits. Eris leaps backward out of the spear’s range.

Eris: Don’t die!

Ivo: I’ve always said that is a great first step!

A= The trio once again fall into formation, backs to one another weapons drawn. Ivo is the first up to defend the group.

A= Shadowhelm barrels fourth, with a flick of his wrist once again shadow spikes erupt from the ground, heading straight for Artemis.

A= The group spins around placing Ivo in the path of the spikes, with a quick arc Ivo cleaves the shadow spikes apart.

A= Shadowhelm fades into the floor. Instinctively Artemis hurls his scythes catching Shadowhelm, and Yanking him back from the shadow.

A= Eris moves into the path of Shadowhelm as he flies and uppercuts him.

A= Shadowhelm fades into the shadows as he collides with the overhead of the hall.

A= Shadowhelm materializes in between the group and delivers a solid kick to Eris’ back, clipping her from the group.

A= Ivo and Artemis spin inward to face Shadowhelm, As his spear comes down upon Artemis who raises his scythes to catch the strike. While the Scythes stop the attack the impact forces Artemis down on a knee. Ivo thrusts his hook blade forward, Shadowhelm dodges the blade, and grabs hold of the midsection of the weapon.

Shadowhelm: You’re never going to make any progress in life, if you keep trying the same tactics over and over.

A= Ivo spins his weapon around Shadowhelm’s hand, and using the Hook end of the weapon catches Shadowhelm’s wrist and yanks his arm downward burying the blade into the ground, locking Shadowhelm in place.

Ivo: Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

A= Artemis still down on one knee shifts his Scythes as to trap Shadowhelm’s spear in place. As Artemis begins to stand up, the room shakes as a loud roar can be heard from Eris.

A= Shadowhelm turns to look behind him. He sees the ground crack open as Eris tears a large boulder from deep below the ground. Eris begins to run forward, and the boulder follows, barreling toward her enemy.

Shadowhelm: Hmmm, impressive…. But flawed

A= Shadowhelm lets go of his spear, freeing his arm, and attempts to dissolve into the shadow. Without warning Artemis’ scythe blades pierced Shadow Helm's midsection. The attack seemingly halting him from moving through the shadow.

Artemis: He isn’t trying to run away again is he?

Ivo: Tisk tisk tisk, now what did we say about trying the same thing again and again?

A= The boulder now only a few feet from it’s target. Shadowhelm using his now free hand thrusts forward and shadow spikes erupt from in front of him, flying forward toward the rock. As the spikes strike the boulder the rock breaks apart sending dust everywhere, the spikes and boulder are both destroyed in the process.

A= A small chuckle can be heard from Ivo.

Ivo: Wrong again.

A= From the dust cloud a roar erupts as Eris explodes outward, both fists primed for a strike. The distance between her and Shadowhelm is too small for any action to be taken.

A= The strike is powerful, both fists plunging downward into Shadowhelm’s chest. The air around them pulses outward as the strike sends Shadowhelm into the ground. The earth cracks as his body lands. Both Ivo and Artemis are thrown backward from the power of the attack.

A= As the dust settles, Shadowhelm remains motionless on the ground. The trio arise and look at their vanquished target.

A= A soft clapping can be heard up the seats that surround the perimeter of the room.

Shadowhelm: That was quite an astounding combination, it might have even worked had you been aiming at the right target.

A= The group turns to see the Shadowhelm they had just beaten explode into a mist of shadow.

Shadowhem: Now I think I’ll wrapping this up, I do intend to finish what I started here.

A= With a snap of Shadowhelm’s fingers three shadow clones appeared from nothing and disarmed the Trio, restraining their hands and forcing the Trio to the ground.

Shadowhelm: Now, if you’ll excuse me.

A= Shadowhelm drops down from the stairs and strides over the pedestal in the center of the room. Upon the pedestal was placed a stone book with a glowing handprint marking it.

Ivo: Don’t you dare!

A= Shadowhelm only hesitates a moment, Than stretching his hand out, activates the mysterious book.

A= The vault sprang to life. From the pedestal beams of light shot of in all directions. The runes that covered the walls of the vault once again sprang to life. The ground ignited into a blue light that bathed the whole room.

Echoing Voice: Andromeda platform 359 active, diagnostics initiating.

A= The light in the room begins to pulse.

A= The Overhead of the vault broke apart, dust falling to the ground, revealing a black void more akin to a liquid than stone. Lightning arcs across the surface. The substance begins to plummet down around the clearing. Obscuring the surroundings.

Echoing Voice: Identifying subject

A= the void substance rippled.

Echoing Voice: Subject Archon, Alyrahian variant.

A= Shadowhelm giggles

Shadowhelm: It seems to be working so far.

Echoing Voice: Additional subject detected. Parasite of Jeneye origin. Notable ailments: natural age degradation, permanent damage to psyche due to traumatic experiences, foreign toxin in bloodstream will result in death. Restructuring of primary subject available. Parasite survival, unlikely.

A= The shadows in the room begin to writhe. Shadowhelm, leans forward in pain, his free hand gripping his chest.

Shadowhelm: No… not, now. Commence restructuring.

Echoing Voice: Command received, verifying component lineup

Echoing Voice: Conversion unit status, damaged. Reverb unit status, unresponsive. Power supply, insufficient.

A= a scowl formed on Shadowhelm’s face.

Echoing Voice: This platform cannot engage restructuring functions, session terminated.

A= Shadowhelm slams his hand violently into the pedestal.

Shadowhelm: No! Not again, not after I looked for so long!

A= the Archon continuously slams his hand down upon the pedestal.

Echoing Voice: Warning user! Repeated attempts to engage the terminal will result in a lockout.

Shadowhelm: Come on give me something! Anything!

A= Suddenly after several more attempts the room’s blue light cuts out, and a dark red light replaces it. The void substance retreating upward and re solidifying.

Echoing Voice: System lockout engaged!

A= Shadowhelm lets out a vicious roar and slams his fist down on the pedestal.

Ivo: Disappointed?

A= The shadow gripping Ivo’s arms tightened its hold, as Shadowhelm turns toward Ivo and begins to slowly walk forward.

Shadowhelm: You cannot even begin to imagine how… Disappointed I am.

Ivo: I’d “imagine” the elders might feel similar.

A= Shadowhelm lets out a bitter scoff

Shadowhelm: And why do you think that would be? Are they disappointed they were guarding a broken piece of trash their whole lives?

A= The shadow shifted forcing Ivo closer to Shadowhelm

Shadowhelm: Are they upset they finally had to defend it? Maybe angry that it took their lives in the process? Furious that they didn’t even put up a good fight?

A= the shadow forces Ivo an arms length from Shadowhelm, yanking his hair forcing him to start Shadowhelm in the eye.

Shadowhelm: Or maybe, just maybe they’re laugh their asses off right now because we all walked away unhappy here!

A= Shadowhelm grabs Ivo by the throat

Shadowhelm: I couldn’t tell you what the dead think, I don’t much care about them. Only the lives left standing have actual meaning anymore, fighting for the dead can only get you killed.

A= A screech echoes through the room as Artemis’ scythe swings past Shadowhelm’s face.

A= Shadowhelm growls, and turning toward the now free Artemis, raises his hand. Spikes erupt from the shadows, piercing Artemis from his shoulder all the way down his arm. Artemis squirms trying the dislodge the spikes from his body.

Shadowhelm: I thought I spilled enough blood today, Im sorry that you disagree.

A= Shadowhelm drops Ivo to the ground, summoning his spear from the shadows and begins to bring the weapon down upon Ivo.

A= Suddenly the air is ripped from Ivo’s lungs, and the trio of heroes gasp.

A= The air in the vault revolts. A typhoon rips through the open spaces, forcing Shadowhelm backward slamming him into the wall on the other side of the clearing as the torrent comes crashing downward. The wind begins to pick up intensity, Ivo’s eyes are forced shut from the whirlwind.

A= And then all is calm, the gale halted.

A= As Ivo open his eyes Shadowhelm explodes into shadow falling apart once more, in front of Ivo now stands a man clothed in dusty silver robes and a red silk cloak.

A= The cloaked man turns toward Ivo. He is of fair age, with blond hair. On his arm he bears the symbol of the Guild. However his eyes are absent. In their place are two bright shining blue lights that engulf the entire cavity.

A= Ivo lets out a few coughs, trying to regain his breath.

Ivo: Highborne? What you doing here?

Highborne: I only just took you in as my apprentice, It would look bad if you turned up dead before even a day passed.

A= Highborne’s words are followed by an unnatural reverb.

Ivo: The Guild Legion… When he gave us the job… He said you would not be allowed to accompany us.

Highborne: Shouldn’t you just be happy I did show up? I don’t mean to criticize, but this was not going well.

A= a small innocent smirk cracked on Highborne’s face.

Ivo: Does this mean, I failed? I’m not going to get to join the Guild after all, am I?

A= Highborne grips Ivo’s arm, and softly picks him up

Highborne: Well… You did stop the bandits. So it wasn’t a complete failure

A= Highborne brushes a small amount of dust off Ivo’s shoulder.

Highborne: But the mayor is dead, and the vault was breeched… So in a sense it is a complete failure.

A= Ivo hangs his head low

Highborne: All in all, I can still say I’ve had worse jobs. Afterall-

A= Highborne turns toward the now unbound Eris and an injured Artemis

Highborne: Your team is still alive.

A= Back in the center of the room the shadows of the room collect, absorbing into one another as Shadowhelm materializes.

A= Highborne turns to the regenerating Archon

Highborne: You couldn’t leave without a few words Shadowhelm could you?

Shadowhelm: Call me theatrical

Highborne: Well then, do you still want a fight old friend?

A= a small laugh from Shadowhelm.

Shadowhelm: I thought we promised not to fight.

Highborne: You of all people know promises change.

Shadowhelm: Was that a threat? How unlike you.

Highborne: Come now, you did almost break my new toys.

Shadowhelm: They don’t seem like your old toys, A little weaker, perhaps a little dumber. Especially that one.

A= Shadowhelm motions his spear towards Ivo.

A= The wind in the room fluxed as Highborne scowled.

Highborne: Funny, I could say the same thing about you.

A= Shadowhelm chuckled.

Shadowhelm: Oh this is rich

Highborne: What?

A= Shadowhelm grips his face

Shadowhelm: Don’t you find it odd?

Highborne: Find what odd?

Shadowhelm: Three amateurs, one that hasn’t even actually joined the Guild yet. And the first job they get, leads them straight to me? The Sovereign Victus, equal of the Guild Legion himself?

A= Highborne remains silent.

Shadowhelm: As much credit as I’d like to give myself, somehow I doubt I made it this far into Guild territory without someone noticing.

Shadowhelm: They were sent to die Highborne. The kid said it himself, you weren’t supposed to be here.

A= Shadowhelm slams his spear into the ground, and leans forward unto it. Having it support his weight.

Shadowhelm: Put the pieces together Archmage, what would have happened if you weren’t.

A= Ivo looks to Highborne, who is still silent.

Shadowhelm: Oh? So you already knew that didn’t you? Were you going to hide it from them, huh? Now that’s cruel?

A= The air surges sporadically nearly knocking Ivo, Eris, and Artemis to the ground.

Highborne: Go.

Shadowhelm: Oh? So you did know!

Highborne: Leave Shadowhelm, or I will find where you’re actually hiding and I will tear you apart myself!

Shadowhelm: Come now, we both know if you were capable of that you would have done it ages ago.

Ivo: Wait a minute! You mean he’s not actually here?

Shadowhelm: Suprise suprise novice! Even now i’m  just a shadow clone, an imitation. How does it feel? To have never even actually fought me, and still lost.

A= Shadowhelm rips his spear from the ground

Shadowhelm: Don’t worry… That worthlessness you feel right now novice? It will fade, you’ll replace it with anger soon enough.

A= The ground cracks as a cyclone rips toward Shadowhelm shattering him apart, bursting into shade.

A= Ivo grips his head in frustration, letting out an angry howl.

A= As Ivo sinks to his knees, Highborne turns toward Ivo.

Highborne: I wouldn’t let him get in your head, He’s had plenty of failures of his own. We all have, you’ve still got plenty of time kid.

A= Highborne stretches out his hand to Ivo. Ivo doesn’t notice as he stares at the ground.

Highborne: Ms. Denara! I do believe your companion might need some… Motivation.

A= Ivo slowly looks up as Eris comes closer.

A= Eris grips Ivo by the back of his collar and lifts him up and aggressive stares him deep in the eyes.

Eris: Hey, desert boy! One failure does not a legend make!

A= Ivo tries to look away

Eris: You’re not completely useless

A= Ivo looks back toward Eris

Eris: I need you to keep doing this talking thing for me, or i’ll never make it anywhere.

A= a small smirk cracks onto Ivo’s scowl.

Ivo: So if you had to do the talking, how would you replace punching people as a means of communication?

A= Eris heavily slams her fist into Ivo’s stomach and drops him to the ground.

Ivo: Got it, point taken.

Highborne: Good, now I do believe it is time we return to the Guild Legion. We may yet be able to recover some pride from this debacle.

A= The four Guildsmen slowly walk out of the Vault.

A= As they leave the scene slowly descends through a shadow on the floor. As the darkness fades the scene slowly dissolves into the sight of Shadowhelm.

A= He stands on a small clearing in a forest, the red leaves indicate he is not far from Redgarden, but there is no way of telling how far he is.

A= Shadowhelm’s face is no longer covered in shadow indicating this is not a shadow clone. He is of pale complexion with ashy grey hair hanging downward on his eyes, he looks slightly older than Highborne. Below each of his eyes black markings scar his face.

Shadowhelm: I should have known…

A= As Shadowhelm sighs, a man wearing a blue robe, the torso half missing leaving him shirtless, walks closer to Shadowhelm.

Blue Robe: You should have known what? That Highborne would be there? Or that this was a waste of time?

A= Shadowhelm pushes his hood off of his head and runs his hand through his hair.

Shadowhelm: Both I suppose, but I wouldn’t call it a waste of time. We did learn some valuable information.

Blue Robe: Like what?

Shadowhelm: Highborne has taken some new interests.

Blue Robe: What's our next move?

Shadowhelm: I want  you to find Sigil

A= The Blue Robe man tilted his head slightly

Blue Robe: Sigil? But why?

Shadowhelm: I want him to keep an eye on those three apprentices of Highborne’s.

Blue Robe: What? Again I ask why, They couldn’t even handle a Shadow clone, why waste your time with them?

Shadowhelm: The Archmage Highborne has never trained anyone the world did not later learn to fear.

A= The scene cuts black.

A= the Final scene ignites. The shot pans across a large stone city, tenfold the size of Redgarden. The view closes in on a single grand cathedral, high upon a mountain side, with the Guild symbol painted across the walls.

A= Inside the cathedral sits a throne large and gold, beside the throne two waterfalls pour a river that separates the man on the throne from his subjects. Red silk decorates both the walls and a grand carpet that rolls from the door to the edge of the pool of water.

A= Inside: Ivo, Eris, Artemis, and Highborne kneel at the edge of the water addressing the man on the throne.

A= The man upon the throne is The Guild Legion himself. The head of the Guild, and without question one of the most powerful archons the Guild has ever seen. He is slightly older looking than Highborne. His hair is a deep black that extends below his shoulders. A long beard covers his face. His eyes are a soft brown, and he is adorn in red robes, that fall elegantly around his body.

Ivo: And that is how it happened, Guild Legion…

A= Ivo lifts his head to see the Guild Legion’s response.

A= The Guild Legion raises his hand and strokes his beard softly, contemplating the story he has been told.

Guild Legion: Due the deaths of the Redgarden Elders and Mayor, I could not in good conscious call this mission a success.

A=Ivo’s head dips slightly.

Guild Legion: However you were successful in defending the town from the Bandit attack. This while certainly not impressive, it does speak to your potential, and while you lost against the unexpected Archon, you did survive the encounter once again displaying your potential.

A= Ivo turns to see a smile on Eris’ face, and what Ivo assume was a happy look on Artemis’

Guild Legion: Given the massive amount of promise he has shown I will allow Master Ivo, to join the Guild, and as a team you are all free to become members of the Guild Ivanhall in the harbor town of Illbera to study under your mentor, the Archmage Highborne

Ivo: Thank you Guild Legion

Guild Legion: Do not thank me Master Ivo. This recommendation comes from your mentor Highborne, he has much faith in you.

A= A small breeze can be felt fluttering across the ground

Ivo: Yes, Guild Legion.

Guild Legion: Now, I wish to discuss more personal details with Highborne, If you would be so kind as to allow us the room.

A= The trio of Ivo, Artemis, and Eris stand and speak at once. Forming a Guild salute, closed fists lain on the opposing shoulder.

Trio: As you wish Guild Legion!

A= The trio leave the grand hall and leave the two Guildsmen to speak alone.

Guild Legion: Well speak then Highborne, I’ve noticed that scowl since you entered the room.

A= Highborne stands and stares at the Guild Legion

Highborne: You knew Shadowhelm was there…

A= The Guild Legion rises from his throne.

Guild Legion: Naturally, do you think the leader of our greatest enemy the Victus, could come so close to the heart of the Guild without me noticing?

Highborne: So you did send them to their deaths…

A= The Guild Legion begins to walk down the grand staircase at the foot of his throne leading toward the water. As he descends the waterfall mysteriously bend outward from The Guild Legion, the angle increasing as he draws closer.

Guild Legion: I did say the mission was a test Highborne. I did not say who it was a test for.

Highborne: Am I to assume it was my test then?

Guild Legion: I wanted to see how willing you were to let your new apprentices die, And here I stand disappointed.

Highborne:You wanted me to watch them die?

Guild Legion: I wanted to know, if you would allow them to die. And now I know you cannot be trusted.

Highborne: And yet you let them join the Guild anyway.

Guild Legion: They may yet be of use to me, but rest assured. If I even suspect that any of them might turn out like Vidic did, I will not hesitate to kill them myself. Am I understood Highborne?

A= Highborne grimaces as he turns away from the Guild Legion.

Highborne:I live to serve Guild Legion.

-End-
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:04:24 PM by sparishr »

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »
Seems fine to me. The only change I might make is that instead of putting a dash by the name you could use a colon instead. Might make it a bit easier to read at a glance.
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »
New additions, added to the whole, however the Specifics will be placed below for return readers. 10sep

Spoiler
A=Ivo looks further up the path. Eris is slowly walking back, her opponent buried face first into the ground, his feet still poking out of the ground.

Ivo: Oh good, for a minute there you had me worried.

Eris: What? Worried that I’d died? I think it would be a safe bet, that any fight you walk out of alive, would be a cakewalk for me. Now let’s get moving, and Ivo…

Ivo: Yes?

Eris: Keep an eye out for booby traps from now on, I’d like to save my strength for the actual fight, not for getting you out of trouble.

A= Ivo dips his head in embarrassment, behind him Artemis, with a blank face, tilts his head.

A= Our heroes once again get on the move. They arrive at a break in the woods, what was once rows of tree has been carved out into a barren field leading up to large wooden gates. These gates belong to the town of Regarden, and extends into a wall that creates the border of the town. As they cross out through the clearing an arrow comes screaming out from a guard tower along the wall. Eris slams to a halt as the arrow pierces the ground straight in front of her.

A= Eris grimaces as stumbling can be heard from up above. A voice calls out from atop the tower.

Captain: My deepest apologies Guildsmen! My men were expecting bandits…You must forgive them, they are not used to quite so much commotion! Just wait down there a minute while i get the gate open!

A= The Gate begins to open, shaking a layer of dust off of it. The trio makes their way inside the gate, they are greeted by a disheveled man in silver armor.

Captain: I am relieved to see you have finally made it, in all honesty many of us had started worry. But now that you are here, maybe we have a chance at pushing back these bandits. Now which one of you is in charge?

A= Eris disrespectfully walks past the Captain bumping into his shoulder, nearly knocking him over.

Eris: Ivo… The talking!

A= Ivo jumps to the ready, reaching his hand out to shake that of the Captain’s distracting him from Eris’ less than kind response.

Ivo: That would be me!

Captain: Ah, very good. If you’ll come this way with me, I can take you to the Mayor.

A= The Captain takes the group to a large hut in the center of the town. There are a few guards surrounding the Hut, two dead Bandits at their feet. The Captain motions for our trio to walking to the hut, but remains outside himself.

A= As Ivo walks into the hut a strange feeling occurs. He looks around trying to pin-point the cause, looking to an unfettered Eris, and distant faced Artemis. Having found nothing Ivo dismisses the feeling and continues to walk into the hut.

A= Our heroes arrive, in the room resides the young blond mayor, and five old men smoking hookah. The Mayor slowly begins to turn around and acknowledge their presence.

Mayor: The Guildsmen I presume? Good, the bandits broke through the southern checkpoint two hours ago. This doesn’t give us much, if any time at all.

A= After a moment of silence, Eris shoves Ivo, reminding him once again of their agreement.

Ivo: That is correct. Guild Envoys: Ivo, Eris, and Artemis at your service. If i may ask a few questions about the job

A= The Mayor takes a seat on the far side of the room, behind a desk stacked with papers.

Mayor: You may ask freely.

Ivo: I’d like to get to know a bit more about these bandits. It seems odd that the bandits would attack you. Most Bandit droves stick to the roads, or small towns without an established militia, but Redgarden seems to be manned and ready for battle. I was wondering if you could think of something that would have encouraged them to act so brazenly. It may help us to understand how to stop them.

A= The Mayor tilted back in his chair

Mayor:  I am afraid none of us have any idea what would have spurred this. We’ve received to some produce shipments, but that is hardly enough to spark them into action. We sent out the empire taxes less than a month ago, so the town is the poorest it’s been this entire year. By all rights a bandit attack now wouldn’t reward them with anything

A= A cough emanated from one of the older gentlemen as he attempted to clear his throat.

A= All of the shadows in the room shift suddenly. Ivo looks around having taken notice, looking around nothing now seems out of place. Eris and the Mayor do not seemed to have noticed, meanwhile Artemis’ eyes have taken an aggressive look as he begins to scan the room. Distracted Ivo continues the conversation.

Ivo: I’m sorry, the elder just now. He said something about a vault? What does he mean?

A= The Mayor scratches at his temple, and sighs.

Mayor: It’s old myth nonsense that the elders like to hold on to, you know stuff parents tell their kids at night. As it goes, there's a vault deep in the mountains and the entrance is at the mountain’s base, inside of Redgarden’s walls. But the myth says it was a library, or some kind of hospital, I’ve never yet run into a bandit that was able to read, let alone an entire tribe that would risk invading us over books.

A= The same coughing from the elder once again.

Elder: But the bandits aren’t working alone are they?

A= The mayor buries his face into his palm, as Eris crosses her arms.

Ivo: Excuse me if you will mayor, but how much information do you plan on keeping from us?

A=The mayor sighs

Mayor: There have been reports of a mysterious third party amongst the bandits. However what the elder omits is that these reports are few and conflicting. Some reports say there are a group of men, other claiming to have only verified one man. However aside from the timing, there's nothing connecting him to the bandits.

Ivo: What’s his description?

Mayor: He’s been described as an average sized man, a black robe bearing some sort of V symbol on it’s back, with a silver hood. There are no descriptions of facial features, in all it’s a vague and insultingly unhelpful description. Guildsman, you must understand, the Redgarden armed forces have not seen a conflict like this for some time. I think it has been affecting my men, perhaps making them see things that aren’t there, so wIthout a concrete report, im not going to waste time on someone who might not even exist.

Ivo: Either way, this would be information I would have liked, to keep my team informed if nothing else.

A= The shadows in the room once again fidget. Ivo’s eyes instinctively fixate on the movement, once again Ivo cannot be sure he had seen anything. A tap comes from behind, Ivo turns to see Artemis’ arm outstretched, his eyes shaking, darting about the room.

Ivo: What is it Artemis?

A=Artemis’ eyes close and a scowl forms on his face.

Artemis: We see him.

A= Ivo’s hair stands on end and his arm dives for his blade as he scans the room looking for what it is Artemis sees.

A= A demonic cry breaks the silence, as Artemis weapons materialize filling the room with a dark eerie purple light. It is than Ivo sees. A dark shade hiding amongst the rafters of the ceiling. The shape of a man, realizing it has been discovered the shade flinches. Artemis’ scythe rockets upward crashing into the shade and slamming the creature into the ceiling before ripping it back down to the ground, shattering the wooden floorboards.

A= A battle cry from Eris, as she slams her foot into the floorboards, from beneath the now grounded shadow a rock spire crashes upward impaling the creature. For all of a moment, the shadows into the room writhe in agony, shifting and convulsing. The shadow cries out splitting in half and fading from existence. With that the room returns to its silence. Eris charges past the elders gripping the Mayor by his clothes and shoving him against the wall.

Eris: There was no mention of a Shadow Archon in the contract! Planning to keep that bit of information from us as well?

Mayor: Please Guildsman,I understand. We didn’t have the money for that kind of a job, please the village is poor and there's no time to send another contract. We’ll gladly pay our debts when the tradesmen restock the treasury.

Eris: It isn’t about the money!

A= Ivo steps forward and puts his hand on Eris’ shoulder.

Ivo: We were sent here by the Guild to help, that hasn’t changed. Out of respect for my team I’d ask this be mentioned to our superiors. They will reward us for our actions in their own way.

A= As Ivo steps away Eris drops the Mayor and follows Ivo. Ivo looks to Artemis

Ivo: Than it may be time for us to go meet our guest. Eris, Artemis, let’s move.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »
Quick Review
The Scene is set inside a carriage. Three people reside within.
 Ivo Cassferth (Male, Slim, Average height, Middle Eastern (Egyptian, Palestinian) very tan, Dark Black Hair: Loose leather clothes with a tan overcoat with a torn up hood),
 Eris Denara(Female, Muscular, Slightly shorter than Ivo, Black (Haitian), Dark Red Hair, wears heavy metal armor), and
Artemis (Male, Thin, disheveled, White (I don’t freaking know. Russian? Italian?), Brown hair, about the same height as Eris, wears a dusty and torn silver robe with broken iron shackles around his wrists and ankles. Importantly his Iris’ have a faint purple shimmer around the borders)
- Pretty interesting names and characters. Two Goddess names there. Is Ivo also the name of a diety?

2. A=As Eris finishes stretching she looks over to the window. A loud Knocking can be heard from the front of the carriage
- No need to capitalize Knocking here. The same thing with 'Schockwaves' in the beginning introduction. Just a small heads up.

A=The shot pans over to expose the third person, Artemis, sleeping upside down (feet up in the air, head down near the feet area)
- Hm I can see that you're using cinematic terms to describe the story. Depending on your goals it could be useful when an artist or animator wants to work on your story.

The Man: Don’t worry about me, the townspeople need you more than I do. You’re very late, but with any luck, you might do some good yet. Now get going.
- Already felt a sense of kinship with this man. Impressive that you made a side-character so interesting.

The Man: And here I thought your kind was just a myth… Do what you have to do then. You know as well as I do… I’d never make it back to town anyways.
- Wait, they kill him?

A=The view catches up to Eris and Ivo, who have not yet noticed the absent Artemis. Frames of the forest, with shadows of bandits off in the distance. Ivo pulls ahead of Eris, As he runs a glimpse of a thin metal wire stretched across the road. Ivo hesitates as his foot catches the wire. A brief click from devices off in the forest can be heard. Explosions off on each side of the path erupt shattering the trees. Ivo closes his eyes as he tumbles forward. To his rescue Eris leaps in at the last second driving her knee into the ground. Two stone walls erupt from the ground protecting the two from the blast. Eris winces as the blast cracks the stone walls, in evident pain. Suddenly three bandits roll out from the forest ready to pounce on the heroes. Without missing a beat Eris immediately rushes forward crashing into one of the bandits.

- You might need paragraphs to break up the action, because it messes with the dramatic timing when a reader sees a wall of text like this without the action broken up properly. It feels like the whole scene is fastforwarded and makes the reader skip over it.

7.  As the bandit’s corpse falls, a shimmering image, an imprint of the bandit, is left behind. Artemis slams his hand shut, shattering the image and the image falls apart into a torrent of energy, slowly being drawn into his arm. Artemis slowly breaths out.
- Was that a soul?

8. These gates belong to the town of Regarden, and extends into a wall that creates the border of the town.
*Redgarden

Ivo: I’d like to get to know a bit more about these bandits. It seems odd that the bandits would attack you. Most Bandit droves stick to the roads, or small towns without an established militia, but Redgarden seems to be manned and ready for battle.
- Bandits was capitalized again

- I would definitely raid a vault for books

Mayor: He’s been described as an average sized man, a black robe bearing some sort of V symbol on it’s back, with a silver hood. There are no descriptions of facial features, in all it’s a vague and insultingly unhelpful description. Guildsman, you must understand, the Redgarden armed forces have not seen a conflict like this for some time. I think it has been affecting my men, perhaps making them see things that aren’t there, so wIthout a concrete report, im not going to waste time on someone who might not even exist.
- The Mayor also has an interesting speech pattern that doesn't bore the reader. Good work there too

12. Eris: There was no mention of a Shadow Archon in the contract! Planning to keep that bit of information from us as well?
- Would that have significantly increased the price?  Three Archon users seems like overkill already if the job was as simple as they expected it to be.

13. Ivo: Than it may be time for us to go meet our guest. Eris, Artemis, let’s move.
- It's pretty cool how calm and collected the team is. Their abilities are badass, and they work at eliminating threats without too much fuss

I think it works as a first chapter to get right into the action, but the reader might need a little something mroe later down the line to know why they should like these three characters in particular. It's an interesting set up to have a Guild accept contracts, but the characters are going to be the one to sell your story in the end.
I felt the script was easy to follow, and other than very few formatting tips like avoiding capitalization for some words and more paragraphs during action scenes, it's a pretty good style that makes for a fast read.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »
@Legomaestro
Spoiler
First off thank you for the review, it helps point out a lot of things I miss.

1) I do enjoy putting names together, It's a little bit of fun I get to have while writing Also I have no Idea if Ivo is a deity, and in all honest I can't quite remember where I got it from.

2) I appreciate it, when it comes to capitalization I have an especially difficult time. In the military there are no lowercase letters so my mind kind of sporadically blanks when to use them, but I do appreciate pointing it out, because it's is one of my more consistent mistakes!

3) It wasn't quite intentional, it was more just how i started writing it. I'd might consider taking it that route but it's one of those things that I'll need a lot more groundwork before i attempt anything on that size.

4) Glad you like him, his part has been significantly cut down from other versions, but glad to see some of his charm is still intact.

5) Yes, Artemis did kill him. It's supposed to try and setup a distrust of Artemis as a character. Did I do enough to separate the event from Ivo and Eris or do you think i should put more emphasis just on it just involving Artemis? Artemis is not exactly sane, when referring to himself he often uses plurals (We, us) and when referring to other will be indirect (Him, she, he, Etc) the only character he will reference directly to my knowledge has been Ivo.

6) Gottcha I'll get to work on it right away.

7)Yes it is. It'll be more clear later as it's supposed to be a big deal (one of those "dangerous magic" type deals) which will deal with a lot of "evil by birth" ideas and that type of moralizing.

8&9) Thank you!

10) As would I, but bandits are not quite as cultured as you or I, though i might be a bigot for assuming that stereotype of bandits.

11) :D

12) Thanks, this was actually something more fleshed out in another draft. 3 Archons for this type of job is overkill, had it been as simple as first thought Eris likely could have handled it herself (Albeit with a struggle), but they asked for more Archons because of the possibility of the "third party" being dangerous and as much as the Mayor claims to not have believed in this "third party" he was still very nervous. It seems I had forgotten to expand upon that in this version. Will amend. Also it's a slight important fact that The Guild Legion did (through his own sources) know about the Shadow Archon, but the Guild Legion gave the job to our Trio as a "Test" not a test for our Trio but someone else. (dramatic music) (Quick explanation: Yes it will increase the price, "Archon v. lots of regular humans" is one thing, but "Archon v. Archon" is not only very dangerous for the Guildsmen, but 3 archons do not necessarily beat 1 archon. This Shadow Archon in particular is someone more on the level of the Guild Legion, which will be explained as soon as I can get to that fight later in this part XD)

13) Hopefully I can expand on this and make them vulnerable as well, on a scale of Guildsmen our trio are more towards the lower middle than the top and Ivo himself at his current strength is more towards the bottom (Obviously the plan is to have our Trio become some of the top Guildsmen, but through organic means)

14) I've made about 9 different versions of this each starting at different points. It's been a struggle to try and find the best place to start. Once this job is done things will calm down and I'll try to flesh out a few of the "less than interesting" details. Hopefully i can do enough to keep people interested that far in.

I appreciate the feedback (sorry for the late response, i've been on the midnight shift and it's kinda screwed with my motivation XD) and can hopefully fix some of the issues in the next addition i do, which will hopefully be later today
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:52:40 PM by sparishr »

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
Oct 4th update. New additions will be added to the whole in the first post. Just the additions to the story will be added here.

Sorry for the delay i've been on the night shift for the past month, so my motivation to work has been at an all time low, my apologies to those of you that care. The next update will likely just be to fix capitalization errors and other such problems. Till then good luck all!

*Edit* sorry put up the wrong version of this part, it was not edited. However it has a "more edited" version. Not fault free by any means, but it should be an easier read

Spoiler

Ivo: Then it may be time for us to go meet our guest. Eris, Artemis, let’s move.

A= The Trio walks outside and are met by the guard Captain from earlier.

Ivo: Captain, where are the enemy coming from?

A= The Captain looks confused for a moment but eventually answers.

Captain: The main forces should be approaching from the south. You passed through the gate on your way in.

A= Ivo turns to look at Eris. A nod comes from her

Ivo: Captain, take your men and post them at the other entrances to the town.

Captain: Wouldn’t that leave us-

Ivo: My team and I will handle the south gate, I want you to ensure no forces sneak in from behind.

A= The Captain stares wearily

Captain: As you wish Guildsmen. I will have my men move out as soon as you take post at the south gate.

A= The team returns to the south gate. Guards passing the team as they approach. Upon passing through the gate the team orders the gate to shut. As Ivo stares into the clearing, The sun begins to reach the highest point in the sky. As the shadow of the gate disappears, rustling can be heard in the woods. An array of steel and villainy brims on the edge of the forest.

A= A large brute begins to bridge clearing. A red bandana tied around his head, a scraggly beard hugging his face, and a large battleaxe clinging to his side. Behind him swarms a tide of much smaller bandits. The group shows fatigue from the long and arduous battle, many wounded, arms in slings and heads bandaged.

A= Ivo rises to meet the mountain of a man leading the bandits. Eris and Artemis follow quickly behind. Ivo and the bandit leader merely a few paces apart speak.

Bandit Leader: We’ve fought for three days, beaten back the tide of your soldiers. All of it, to reach this moment. And this is what the Redgarden responds with?

A= The bandit leader leans back, obviously unimpressed with Ivo’s group.

Ivo: Redgarden is under the protection of the Guild. Turn back now and the Guild has no quarrel with you.

A= The bandit leader is evidently unmoved

Bandit Leader: The guy who hired us said there would be Guildsmen. Good, my men had gotten bored for goring petty guards. Though to be honest, If I were you I’d account for the difference in numbers.

Ivo: You’re men are tired and broken. Against guards you may have stood a chance. Im sure you’ve heard about what the Guild can do. We’re not just… Petty guards.

A= The Bandit Leader’s hand rises to the axe clipped to his side.

Bandit Leader: If you’re calling us cowards, we’d love to prove you wrong. Now step aside, or I will draw blood.

Ivo: I don’t believe any of us are ready to leave just yet.

Bandit Leader: So we both know how this is going to end?

Ivo: Eris, I believe i’ve done the talking.

A= A stone wall erupts from in front of Ivo knocking the Bandit leader back. Eris’ fist strikes the wall and it shatters into a hellfire of shrapnel, forcing the army of bandits to back off. As the dust clears Eris is now standing in front of Ivo and Artemis is nowhere to be seen.

Eris: I can only handle the big one, or the all the little ones, but not both. Ideas?

A= The army of Bandits begins charging at our heroes.

Ivo: I can take the big one taking on large numbers has never been my forte.

Eris: Don’t get yourself killed it would make me look bad.

Ivo: What about Artemis? Where has he gone?

Eris: Don’t worry about him, he can handle himself.

A= Eris bolts forward toward the group, stopping just shy of reaching them. Slamming her fits deep into the earth, her hands emerge covered with stone.

Quickly Eris delivers a bone crushing uppercut to the nearest bandit. Slamming her foot down, tall pillars of rock explode from the ground around Eris knocking many of the bandits back, swinging her arm around, Eris destroys the base of the pillars causing them to fall down on top of her enemies and kicks up a wave of dust to obscure the battle

A= The scene cuts back to Ivo, as the Bandit leader and many of his minions close the gap between Ivo. Ivo pulls his blade from his back, and charges toward the group. Thrown axes careen through the air as they sail toward Ivo, who almost effortlessly deflects them.

The distance between Ivo and the bandits has nearly evaporated, The bandits prepare to strike raising their weapons. Ivo responds by raising his own blade. The ground cracked, pierced by steel, swung with lethal intent at Ivo.

However none had found their target. In fact Ivo the would be target was nowhere to be found. Confused as to where their enemy had gone the bandits looked behind them, to see Ivo now in full sprint running away from the bandits having slipped past them in the mad dash to fight.

Bandit Leader: Arg! You idiots, he was right in front of you! Get after him or it’ll be your hides!

A= The minion bandits, take off running after their escaped target, letting out screeches and battle cries! Less than a dozen paces away from Ivo, the battlefield shakes violently. Abruptly the ground ruptured and the earth erupts into spires of stone slamming into the unaware group of minions, tossing their batch aside like ragdolls.

Ivo looked to see Eris, locked in combat, The spires of stone having been conjured by her to assist him. Even in the rush of battle, it appeared Eris had intended to keep their agreement.

A= The Bandit Leader watched from a distance as his underlings failed to capture Ivo. Axe in hand the Bandit Leader intended to resolve this issue himself. Walking calmly he approached the stone spires created by Eris and with a show of strength cleaved the amalgam of rocks apart kicking a wall of dust up into the air.

A= Two blades, belonging to one weapon thrust from the cloud, nearly impaling the Bandit Leader’s eyes. As the Bandit Leader recoils to avoid the blow, a fist rockets forth from the cloud striking the Bandit Leader in the gut. As the dust settles Ivo is revealed, having turned around to now fight his target.

Bandit Leader: Quite the henchmen you’ve found yourself, she quite capable. Maybe she could teach you a thing or two.

Ivo: Well we’ve both got our talents.

A= A large Axe strikes the ground where Ivo had been a moment ago having now been sent tumbling backward, having only just eluded it.

Bandit Leader: Why don’t we handle this between us then? No sense in us ruining the underlings’ fun right?

A= Another swing of the axe grazed the air, Ivo dodges below it and thrusts his blade forward, narrowly missing the Leader. In response the Leader grabs a hold of Ivo’s arm and lifts him overhead, tossing Ivo aside.

Violently slamming into the ground, Ivo’s weapon slides away from Ivo, having lost his grip. Rising quickly to his feet, Ivo attempts to regain his weapon, finding his course blocked by the Bandit Leader.

A= Again on the defensive Ivo, is forced to only avoid the Leader’s attacks.

Bandit Leader: Not to useful without that weapon of yours.

A= A heavy strike leave’s the Leader’s axe buried in the ground temporarily disarming him. Ivo rolls toward his weapon to rearm himself. Blade once again in hand, he turns to confront the Leader.

A= As Ivo prepares to strike a cry can be heard from behind Ivo. Instinctively he rips around to see a bandit rushing toward him, Ivo waits to counter the bandit’s attack. Suddenly a bright purple flash rockets from the tree line. Ivo can just barely make out the shape of a scythe burying itself into the bandit before the flash rips the bandit backward into the forest, leaving only a cloud of dust behind.

Ivo: Huh, so that’s where Artemis went.

A= Several more bandits are ripped from the battle field being dragged off into the darkness of the treeline.

A= The sound of shattering earth redraws Ivo’s attention the the battle at hand. Having ripped his weapon from the ground the Leader surges after Ivo. Both of the men trade blows, countering, dodging. The two lock weapons.

Bandit Leader: You can’t hold out forever Guildsmen, I can see it in your face. The way you wince when you defend yourself. You’re weakening my the second.

A= Ivo throws himself back out of the lock.

Ivo: We better make this quick then, I think my friends are getting bored with your minions.

A= The leader gazes over to the other fight going on. The battlefield is littered with downed bandits and broken earth. The ground shook with Eris’ attacks, as bandits were sent soaring into the air. The haunting sounds of bandits getting dragged off into the forest reverberated across the clearing.

A= In anger the Leader rushes forward swinging his axe down with all of his strength, the first strike crashed into Ivo’s blade with such force as to tear the weapon out of Ivo’s hands. The second attack rose high above the Leaders head and strikes downward.

Ivo with a smirk calmly takes a step back as the leader buries his weapon into the ground, too overcome with anger to adjust the swipe. As the leader attempts to pull his weapon up, Ivo places his boot on the back of the weapon. The leader looks up to gaze at Ivo. Suddenly a hand grips the Leader’s face. Ivo’s hand.

Ivo: I was hoping to not have to exhaust myself, im not very good with magic. But I think i’ll have to make an exception for you.

A= After a moment of silence, a bright flash envelops the area, as a lightning strike pours forth from Ivo’s arm. The lightning skittered across the air and within an instant, it was gone. As Ivo pulled his hand away, the Leader fell with all of his weight crashing into the ground.

A=Ivo recoiled in pain and gripped his hand.

Ivo: I hope someday I get much better at that,

A= As the bandits gazed at their now beaten leader, the remaining bandits begin to flee. Ivo retrieves his blade and walks back to his companion. The ground shook as Eris threw her last strikes at the fleeing bandits.

Ivo:  Well that went well.

A= Eris turns to see Ivo still holding onto his hand in pain.

Eris: A little too well

Ivo: Careful now, you’re starting to sound like the paranoid one.

A= Artemis strides out from the tree line, what appears like purple light softly drifting off of him.

Artemis: We do not believe this is quite over. The shadows we can feel them.

A= Ivo instinctively looks down to his shadow. However nothing is strange about it.

Ivo: The Shadow Archon… Where do you think he is?

A= Ivo turns away from Eris and Artemis and looks toward Redgarden

Eris: The bandits said someone hired them, do you think it was the Archon?

Ivo: Why would he do that? He’s an Archon, he probably could have taken the town all by himself.

Eris: It would have drawn a lot less attention too. So maybe taking the town wasn’t his goal, maybe the bandits were just a distraction?

Ivo: To distract us from what?

A= Ivo looks towards the mountain as the words of the elders echoed in his head

A= Suddenly an earthquake shakes the ground. Ivo turns toward Eris, but the shaking is not coming from her. A deep grinding and tumbling echos across the clearing, evidently coming from within Redgarden.

Artemis: The Vault...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:09:07 AM by sparishr »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »
Well it's fine to have character who are already good enough for a job. You can just have other stakes there, like relationship goals or their personal struggles out of life and death.

My time is horrible in terms of being able to review stuff, but I'll check out what comes next. It's great to keep stuff up to standards, but unless other people point out stuff it might be best to keep on to new chapters. I want to see what's happening to that vault!

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
Oct 17th update. New additions will be added to the whole in the first post. Just the additions to the story will be added here.

Not as long as other additions, but a fair bit of progression I hope!

Spoiler

Artemis: The Vault…

Ivo: We need to move, Now!

A= Our trio sparks into action bolting off toward Redgarden. The gate to Redgarden sealed, as our heroes close in.

Ivo: Eris, get us over the gate! There's no time to wait for it to open!
A= Eris sprints forward, grabbing onto Artemis and Ivo by their collars. As her next footfall lands the ground revolts, exploding upward tossing the trio high into the air soaring clear over the gate.

A= Artemis summons a scythe, and hurls it downward into the wood of the gate, the chain materializes then tightens, slowing their fall back to the ground. As they land Artemis trips and slams face first into the ground but rolls forward onto his feet, seemingly unaffected by the fall.

A= Ivo takes the lead charging forward, with his companions in tow Ivo trace his steps back to the town hall eventually turning the corner. Ivo stops silently.

A= Eris and Artemis catch up, turning the corner to rejoin their ally. Where once the townhall of Redgarden stood, now only rubble and smoke arose. Eris having regain her sense rushed forward toward the destruction leaving a speechless Ivo behind.

Eris: Hello? Anyone!

A= A short cry of agony emanates from beneath piles of wood. Eris digs her arm into the rubble, attempting to clear it. With a roar Eris rips a large piece of debris from the ground, exposing a beaten and bloodied body. Ivo finally having been freed from his awe attempts to aid the man.

Ivo: Elder, what happened here?

A= The elder painfully breaths in, coughing up blood as he exhales.

Elder: The Archon, Guildsmen he came for us. As we listened to the destruction beyond our gates, he came, he asked, demanded for the vault. I would not tell him Guildsmen, you must believe me.

A= Eris tries to clear more rubble away from around the area hoping to find more survivors.

Elder: Our silence angered him. With a wave of his hand, we were surrounded. Creatures of shadow, appeared from nothingness. They took hold of the other elders and I, gripping our throats. He turned to the Mayor and demanded, again, for the vault. The elders and I attempted to dissuade the Mayor from telling, but the tears in his eyes betrayed us.

A= Eris’ search only reveals more and more bodies. The bodies of the elders..

Elder: The Mayor had betrayed our trust, and told the Archon where to find the vault’s gates. The Archon released us, and turned to leave. No doubt to raid the vault that Redgarden has protected for generations. We would not fail our ancestors. Elder Coth, ran forward and grabbed onto the Archon, blade in hand.

A= A bloody cough escapes the elder.

Elder: The blade did not touch him. It passed through him like a ghost. This angered the Archon, he struck Elder Coth sending him flying back toward us. The Archon turned to us, yelling about how we had discarded our honor. Guildsman, it was our honor that compelled us to protect the vault, what else could we have done?

A= A tear drips down from the Elder’s face.

Elder: He turned away from us, out of his hand a ball fell; small and metal. Walking forward into the shadow on the wall, the Archon was gone. But the ball remained. For a moment it was silent, our hatred beating in our hearts. Then, there was nothing. A bright flash, heat enveloped me. Pain and agony as my sight faded, as the world fell apart around me leaving me buried in the darkness. I thought it death.

A= Eris head down, silently walks back to Ivo and the Elder, falling to her knees. From her hands falls a set of glasses, the glasses that belonged to the Mayor.

Ivo: We can get you help, just hold on.

A= The elder slowly raises his hand, attempting to push Ivo away.

Elder: So that I can turn to my ancestors and tell them I abandoned my duty? For seventy-eight years I guarded that vault and for the first time it stands threatened, and you would ask me to wait and allow my enemy to defile it? I only ask one thing of this world, that I can pass in a way my ancestors would deem proud. You stand to give me this Guildsman, find the Archon and kill him. For what he has done to my brothers, he deserves no less. Go west, to where the mountains kiss the ground, a fountain hides the vault’s entrance.

A= Ivo looks up toward Eris, her hand in a first pressed into the ground. Around her fist tears have fallen, but her eyes burn with anger. A nod passes from her to Ivo.

Ivo: This I promise, by his hand a debt is taken, and with his blood, the debt will be paid in full.

A= Ivo allows the elder’s head to drop. The elder’s breath had long since halted. Ivo arises, and turns to the west. Away from Eris.

Ivo: Eris, i'm done talking.

A= Artemis standing above the elder kneels down, placing his hand on the elder’s now motionless face. As he pulls away a weak fading shimmer follows. Artemis closes his eyes and a pattern begins to glow a deep purple wrapping around his arm. The shimmer brightens in his hand, around around the area shimmers begin to appear, one for each of the now dead elders. As Artemis breaths in the shimmers are drawn quickly inward, being absorbed by Artemis. As Artemis breaths out a faint purple gas falls from his mouth.

Artemis: They are angry.

A= Artemis’ hand slams shut and his scythe screamings into life, reflecting a deep purple onto Ivo’s face.

Ivo: We’re going to tear him apart.

The trio takes off running, leaving the rubble of the town hall behind. To the west the trio travels until reaching their destination. The mountains began to form from the flatland, and where the land had began to rise a fountain was said to be standing. However the fountain no longer stood and had been decimated, torn from the ground and ripped apart. Beneath it a dark cave was hidden.

Ivo: No doubt this is where the vault lies.

A= The trio gazes down into the darkness of the ground.

Ivo: Artemis, can you see anything down there.

Artemis: We do not see, something down there muddles our sight. But we can feel him.

Eris: A Shadow Archon might be stronger down there in the dark.

Ivo: It’s a risk we’re going to have to take.

Eris: Are you scared Ivo? I was just saying I was looking forward to a good fight

A= Ivo smirks and turns back to the entrance of the vault. The trio descended into the darkness. As light begins to fade Artemis ignites his soul scythes, filling the air with a purple hue. Too dark to see clearly, but illuminating the path forward.

A= The group comes to the true gates of the vault, covered in gold and mystic runes. However a large hole had been torn through the structure.

Ivo: At least he was kind enough to leave the door open for us.

A= Ivo moves forward through the hole. Entering into the true vault, the room remains darkened, and aside from rubble was empty, save a grand brazier hanging from the ceiling, and cryptic writing on the walls.

Eris: There’s a door on the far side of the room, it’s the only way I see forward.

A= The group carefully shuffles around fallen debris, toward the door. Upon arriving Ivo discovers the door is locked and struggles in vain to pry it open. Eris releases a soft giggle and pushes Ivo aside. Slamming her fist into the wall a loud crack echoes through the space as the door crumbles apart.

Ivo: If you could do that, why not just force open the door?

Eris: I didn’t use magic for that! It was all muscles baby! Whatever this stuff is, I can’t control it.

A= The doorway opens to a hall. Ivo steps into the hall and a spark jumps from his arm unto the wall. Ivo recoils in pain as the runes that covered the walls, illuminated rippling a bright blue light down the hall.

Eris: What did you do?

Ivo: Whatever it was, I didn’t mean to.

A= The hall now illuminated lead itself to one final great hall. It’s walls now illuminated. The room was a giant coliseum, rows and rows of seats in a spiral spanning the perimeter of the room, all surrounding a small podium at the center. As Ivo approached the podium, there appeared to be a book carved out of stone lain upon it

Ivo: This is what Redgarden was protecting?

A= As Ivo draws close to the book a blue handprint begins to emanate from the page.

Eris: They did call it a library, but that is an odd looking book.

Shadow Archon: It’s actually quite remarkable.

A= the Trio instantly collapse together, weapons drawn backs against one another. Peering out in the the darkness of the room.

Shadow Archon: So you must be the Guildsmen Redgarden sent for. The bandits did not hold you as long as I had hoped. I should have expected it from such a pathetic drove of thieves.

Ivo: If you want a job done right, you should do it yourself.

A= The blue lights of the room go out, enveloping the room once again in darkness, save Artemis’ ignited scythes.

Shadow Archon: I had hoped to accomplish this with as little fighting as possible.

Ivo: You didn’t seem to mind killing the Elders, or the Mayor.

Shadow Archon: The old fools chose their path, I had every intention of letting them live. However they spat in the face of my mercy, if they did not value their lives then neither should I. It’s not something I would expect someone so new to the Guild to understand.

Ivo: What makes you think we’re new?

A= Shadows bleed from the ceiling down onto the floor of the room. From the shadows a the form of a man starts to rise. The trio turn to surround the creature.

Shadow Archon: You can’t have been in the Guild long. If you were a veteran of the Guild, you would know who I am, and You would have already started running.

A= the shadow begins to solidify. A medium sized man comes into existence. Clothed in a black robe and a silver hood. On his back, a V with curved ends and a line separating the top half from the bottom. His face is shrouded by a dark cloud.

Eris: And you are?

Shadow Archon: I am the Sovereign Victus, the Guild’s number one enemy. Equal only to the Guild Legion himself. The world trembles at my name… Shadowhelm.

A= The trio remain steadfast slowly inching closer toward Shadowhelm.

Ivo: If this is true you only strengthen our resolve, for if you are truly the Guild’s number one enemy, we cannot let you leave.

A= A deep chuckle emanates from Shadowhelm and echos off the walls.

Shadowhelm: Ah, I remember the arrogance of youth. That is what I will break first.

A= Ivo rushes forward attempting to strike Shadowhelm. However Shadowhelm’s form fades as he disappears into the floor.

A= Eris feels a hand on her shoulder, yanking her backward.

A=In front of Artemis a shadowy figure materializes. The figure appears a carbon copy of Shadowhelm, however this figures hood is not silver, but black.The figure swings at Artemis, who just barely raises his scythes to intercept the blow. However the power of the strike knocks Artemis far into the air and into the seats above.

A= Ivo feels something grab hold of his foot, suddenly yanking downward Ivo is dragged through the floor, into the shadow beneath him. For an instant Ivo loses his bearings, however after a moment he sees he is now back in the first room of the Vault, separated from his companions. In front of Ivo stands, Shadowhelm. A large long spear in his hands and a lethal stance.

Shadowhelm: I do not blame you if you wish to run, Guildsman. But know if you run, I will kill the others. I leave your life, in your hands.

A= Ivo readies himself, raising his stance again, and brandishing his weapon at Shadowhelm.

A= Shadowhelm smirks.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
@legomaestro

Ty again for a response!

1) Good to know, It's something I can hopefully pull off XD, but i suppose only time will tell, once I get these guys out of harm's way for the time being.

2) I understand time constraints! I appreciated what you were able to give me and wouldn't expect any continuous feedback, the one response was more than I could ask for! I'll try to keep pumping out chapters to the best of my ability! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
21Oct update! As always the additions have been added to the first post, meanwhile just the additions are posted here!

A small portion but fight scenes are always hard for me to try and put to words!

*Note: never name a character after shadows if they control shadows.... My god the criminal overuse of that word here is astounding.

Spoiler

A= Shadowhelm smirks.

A= Ivo dashes toward Shadowhelm and strikes for the head only for Shadowhelm’s spear to intercept and repel the strike. In the opening Shadowhelm’s arm rockets fourth striking Ivo in the ribs, pushing him slightly away.

Shadowhelm: I hope you didn’t think it would be that easy.

A= In an instant Shadowhelm fades into the shadow beneath him and is gone. A hand grabs unto Ivo’s shoulder yanking him backwards. Thrown off his feet, Ivo lands heavily onto his back, tumbling Ivo rolls back onto his feet and locks his eyes with Shadowhelm ready for the next attack.

A= Shadowhelm wrist flicks forward, and Ivo feels something coming from behind him. Instinctively Ivo swings his blade around. Spikes erupt from the shade behind Ivo, rocketing forward to pierce Ivo. Luckily his blade intercepts the spikes cleaving the tips off, as the tips fall they disappear back into the shadow that formed them.

A= Ivo looks around trying to relocate his enemy, finding nothing

Ivo: It’s not a very fair fight if you keep running away!

A= A chuckle reverberated through the darkness of the room.

Shadowhelm: It’s almost endearing that you think this could ever be a fair fight. And that’s not even considering that I am also fighting you’re friends in the next room.

A= Ivo spins around looking upward to the source of the voice. Upwards bound to the ceiling was a grand brazier. Holding onto the chains of the brazier was Shadowhelm.

A= Something grips Ivo feet.

Ivo: What the?

A= Ivo struggles to move, finding his feet bound to the spot. His legs restrained by shadowy hands.

A= Shadowhelm slams his spear against the chains shattering it apart, dropping the brazier sending it down toward Ivo. Shadowhelm, leaps from the plummeting brazier.

A= Panicking, a large static discharge explodes from Ivo, tearing the shadow hands from his feet. He throws forward only just avoiding the falling brazier. Landing on his knees, Ivo grimaces from the pain of once again using his magic.

A= Another dark chuckle reverberates from a shadow right beneath Ivo. Suddenly a hand flies upward from within the shadow, grabbing Ivo from by the throat. Slowly Shadowhelm rises out of the shade, lifting Ivo off the ground.

Shadowhelm: You’re an Archon? And that little bit of magic is all you can do? How pathetic are you?

A= Ivo responds by swiping his blade across Shadowhelm’s face, it lightly grazes his face as he throws Ivo backwards. Shadowhelm raises his hand to check the wound, while there is obviously a cut on Shadowhelm’s face, it does not bleed.

Shadowhelm: That is much closer than I intended you to get, why don’t we move this along.

A= Ivo picking himself up notices Shadowhelm’s spear flying toward him, naturally Ivo attempts to dodge it. However the spear follows him as he moves and catches his shoulder, the force of the impact sends Ivo flying backwards into the nearby wall. Instead of colliding with the stone, Ivo is carried through the shadows on the wall.

A= As Ivo emerges from within the shade, the only sight he can see is Eris. More specifically Eris’s fist rocketing forward, straight for Ivo. The air in Ivo’s lungs revolts as her strike collides with his chest. The force alone sending him backward into the shadow he had just come from, however this time the shadow did not allow him to pass through, and the stone of the wall behind the shadow remained solid.

Eris: Ivo? What in the hell, I had him backed into the corner! He was just in front of me! Where did you come from?

A= A rough cough comes from Ivo as he slides down the wall.

Ivo: The Shadow Archon. He can move himself and others through shadows.

A= Eris rushes over to help Ivo up.

Ivo: The range seems to be limited, He could only bring me as far as the next room and back. Wheres Artemis?

A= As if summoned by the question, the ground shakes as Artemis is tossed from the stairs above, striking the ground hard but rolling back onto his feet. Wiping his arm around Artemis’ Scythe soars back up to where he had just fallen from. The chains binding it to his arm tightens yanking him back up toward the stairs.

A= A wall of blackness suddenly forms around chain, resulting in Artemis crashing headlong into a solid surface that had appeared from nowhere. Artemis’ Scythe fades and disappears dropping him back toward the ground.

A= Ivo catches the falling Artemis before he can land.

Ivo: Artemis, are you ok?

A= Artemis has clearly been beaten, one of his eyes closed and swollen.

Artemis: We are weakening, but we will not break.

A= As Artemis exhales his scythes once again scream into life.

Eris: Move!

A= Eris collides with the two, knocking them out of the way of a Shadowhelm’s spear.

A= Slowly the trio once again get back up on their feet.

Ivo: How are we feeling guys?

Eris: I’ve got nothing on him, my strikes are too slow, and there is too much of this weird stone between me and controllable rock, it takes too long for me to pull it all the way here.

Artemis: We can use our Scythes to catch him when he walks through the shadows, but our attacks do no affect him. Something is wrong.

Ivo: I ran into a similar problem. I’m not sure what our options are here. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:58 PM »
November 14th update! Sorry to anyone that cares for the delay and I know this is a tiny tiny tiny tiny addition, but I've been on the 2400 to 0700 shift so I've not had any time to dedicate intensely to writing. Even then Im not particularly happy with how this section is going and have been making a large amount of adjustments, :\ hopfully i can find a structure that I can jive with!

Same rules apply! New additions in this post, and it's been added to the whole.

Spoiler

A= Shadowhelm appears from behind them and arcs his spear around, Artemis and Ivo bring up their weapons blocking the strikes, however they are pushed back as it hits. Eris leaps backward out of the spear’s range.

Eris: Don’t die!

Ivo: I’ve always said that is a great first step!

A= The trio once again fall into formation, backs to one another weapons drawn. Ivo is the first up to defend the group.

A= Shadowhelm barrels fourth, with a flick of his wrist once again shadow spikes erupt from the ground, heading straight for Artemis.

A= The group spins around placing Ivo in the path of the spikes, with a quick arc Ivo cleaves the shadow spikes apart.

A= Shadowhelm closes the distance between himself and the group. Shadowhelm crashes into the group. Eris maneuvers to absorb most of the blow. The impact clips Eris out from the group and sends her rolling off to the side.

A= Ivo and Artemis spin inward to face Shadowhelm, As his spear comes down upon Artemis who raises his scythes to catch the strike. While the Scythes stop the attack the impact forces Artemis down on a knee. Ivo thrusts his hook blade forward, Shadowhelm dodges the blade, and grabs hold of the midsection of the weapon.

Shadowhelm: You’re never going to make any progress in life, if you keep trying the same tactics over and over.

A= Ivo spins his weapon around Shadowhelm’s hand, and using the Hook end of the weapon catches Shadowhelm’s wrist and yanks his arm downward burying the blade into the ground, locking Shadowhelm in place.

Ivo: Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

A= Artemis still down on one knee shifts his Scythes as to trap Shadowhelm’s spear in place. As Artemis begins to stand up, the room shakes as a loud roar can be heard from Eris.

A= Shadowhelm turns to look behind him. He sees the ground crack open as Eris tears a large boulder from deep below the ground. Eris begins to run forward, and the boulder follows, barreling toward her enemy.

Shadowhelm: Hmmm, impressive…. But flawed

A= Shadowhelm lets go of his spear, freeing his arm, and attempts to dissolve into the shadow. Without warning Artemis’ scythe blades pierced Shadow Helm's midsection. The attack seemingly halting him from moving through the shadow.

Artemis: He isn’t trying to run away again is he?

Ivo: Tisk tisk tisk, now what did we say about trying the same thing again and again?

A= The boulder now only a few feet from it’s target. Shadowhelm using his now free hand thrusts forward and shadow spikes erupt from in front of him, flying forward toward the rock. As the spikes strike the boulder the rock breaks apart sending dust everywhere, the spikes and boulder are both destroyed in the process.

A= A small chuckle can be heard from Ivo.

Ivo: Wrong again.

A= From the dust cloud a roar erupts as Eris explodes outward, both fists primed for a strike. The distance between her and Shadowhelm is too small for any action to be taken.

A= The strike is powerful, both fists plunging downward into Shadowhelm’s chest. The air around them pulses outward as the strike sends Shadowhelm into the ground. The earth cracks as his body lands. Both Ivo and Artemis are thrown backward from the power of the attack.

A= As the dust settles, Shadowhelm remains motionless on the ground. The trio arise and look at their vanquished target.

A= A soft clapping can be heard up the stairs that surround the perimeter of the room.

Shadowhelm: That was quite an astounding combination, it might have even worked had you been aiming at the right target.

A= The group turns to see the Shadowhelm they had just beaten explode into a mist of shadow.

Shadowhem: Now I think I’ll wrapping this up, I do intend to finish what I started here.

A= With a snap of Shadowhelm’s fingers three shadow clones appeared from nothing and disarmed the Trio, restraining their hands and forcing the Trio to the ground.

Shadowhelm: Now, if you’ll excuse me.

A= Shadowhelm strides over the pedestal in the center of the room. Upon the pedestal was placed a stone book with a glowing handprint marking it.

Ivo: Don’t you dare!

A= Shadowhelm only hesitates a moment, Than stretching his hand out, activates the mysterious book.

A= The vault sprang to life. From the pedestal beams of light shot of in all directions. The runes that covered the walls of the vault once again sprang to life. The ground ignited into a blue light that bathed the whole room.

Echoing Voice: Andromeda platform 359 active, diagnostics initiating.

A= The light in the room begins to pulse.

Echoing Voice: Conversion unit status, damaged. Reverb unit status, unresponsive. Power supply, insufficient.

A= a scowl formed on Shadowhelm’s face.

Echoing Voice: This platform cannot engage primary functions, session terminated.

A= Shadowhelm slams his hand violently into the pedestal.

Shadowhelm: No! Not again, not after I looked for so long!

A= Shadowhelm continuously slams his hand down upon the pedestal.

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:18 PM »
November 18th Update! A nice juicy bit to drop for the weekend, I am caught between liking this part and feeling it is a little dialogue heavy. Not sure yet!

Either way! Same rules apply! new content here, the rest added to the whole.
Spoiler

Ivo: Disappointed?

A= The shadow gripping Ivo’s arms tightened its hold, as Shadowhelm turns toward Ivo and begins to slowly walk forward.

Shadowhelm: You cannot even begin to imagine how… Disappointed I am.

Ivo: I’d “imagine” the elders might feel similar.

A= Shadowhelm lets out a bitter scoff

Shadowhelm: And why do you think that would be? Are they disappointed they were guarding a broken piece of trash their whole lives?

A= The shadow shifted forcing Ivo closer to Shadowhelm

Shadowhelm: Are they upset they finally had to defend it? Maybe angry that it took their lives in the process? Furious that they didn’t even put up a good fight?

A= the shadow forces Ivo an arms length from Shadowhelm, yanking his hair forcing him to start Shadowhelm in the eye.

Shadowhelm: Or maybe, just maybe they’re laugh their asses off right now because we all walked away unhappy here!

A= Shadowhelm grabs Ivo by the throat

Shadowhelm: I couldn’t tell you what the dead think, I don’t much care about them. Only the lives left standing have actual meaning anymore, fighting for the dead can only get you killed.

A= A screech echoes through the room as Artemis’ scythe swings past Shadowhelm’s face.

A= Shadowhelm growls, and turning toward the now free Artemis, raises his hand. Spikes erupt from the shadows, piercing Artemis from his shoulder all the way down his arm. Artemis squirms trying the dislodge the spikes from his body.

Shadowhelm: I thought I spilled enough blood today, Im sorry that you disagree.

A= Shadowhelm drops Ivo to the ground, summoning his spear from the shadows and begins to bring the weapon down upon Ivo.

A= Suddenly the air is ripped from Ivo’s lungs, and the trio of heroes gasp.

A= The air in the vault revolts. A typhoon rips through the open spaces, forcing Shadowhelm to the ground as the torrent comes crashing downward. The wind begins to pick up intensity, Ivo’s eyes are forced shut from the whirlwind.

A= And then all is calm, the gale halted.

A= As Ivo open his eyes Shadowhelm is now nowhere in sight, in his place a man clothed in dusty silver robes and a red silk cloak stands.

A= The cloaked man turns toward Ivo. He is of fair age, with blond hair. On his arm he bears the symbol of the Guild. However his eyes are absent. In their place are two bright shining blue lights that engulf the entire cavity.

A= Ivo lets out a few coughs, trying to regain his breath.

Ivo: Highborne? What you doing here?

Highborne: I only just took you in as my apprentice, It would look bad if you turned up dead before even a day passed.

A= Highborne’s words are followed by an unnatural reverb.

Ivo: The Guild Legion… When he gave us the job… He said you would not be allowed to accompany us.

Highborne: Shouldn’t you just be happy I did show up? I don’t mean to criticise, but this was not going well.

A= a small innocent smirk cracked on Highborne’s face.

Ivo: Does this mean, I failed? I’m not going to get to join the Guild after all, am I?

A= Highborne grips Ivo’s arm, and softly picks him up

Highborne: Well… You did stop the bandits. So it wasn’t a complete failure

A= Highborne brushes a small amount of dust off Ivo’s shoulder.

Highborne: But the mayor is dead… So in a sense it is a complete failure.

A= Ivo hangs his head low

Highborne: All in all, I can still say I’ve had worse jobs. Afterall-

A= Highborne turns toward the now unbound Eris and an injured Artemis

Highborne: Your team is still alive.

A= Back in the center of the room the shadows of the room collect, absorbing into one another as Shadowhelm materializes.

A= Highborne turns to the regenerating Archon

Highborne: You couldn’t leave without a few words Shadowhelm could you?

Shadowhelm: Call me theatrical

Highborne: Do you still want to fight old friend?

A= a small laugh from Shadowhelm.

Shadowhelm: I thought we promised not to fight.

Highborne: You of all people know promises change.

Shadowhelm: Was that a threat? How unlike you.

Highborne: Come now, you did almost break my new toys.

Shadowhelm: They don’t seem like your old toys, A little weaker, perhaps a little dumber. Especially that one.

A= Shadowhelm motions his spear towards Ivo.

A= The wind in the room fluxed as Highborne scowled.

Highborne: Funny, I could say the same thing about you.

A= Shadowhelm chuckled.

Shadowhelm: Don’t you find it odd?

Highborne: Find what odd?

Shadowhelm: Three amateurs, one that hasn’t even actually joined the Guild yet. And the first job they get, leads them straight to me? The Sovereign Victus, equal of the Guild Legion himself?

A= Highborne remains silent.

Shadowhelm: As much credit as I’d like to give myself, somehow I doubt I made it this far into Guild territory without someone noticing.

Shadowhelm: They were sent to die Highborne. The kid said it himself, you weren’t supposed to be here.

A= Shadowhelm slams his spear into the ground, and leans forward unto it. Having it support his weight.

Shadowhelm:What would have happened if you weren’t.

A= Ivo looks to Highborne, who is still silent.

Shadowhelm: You already knew this didn’t you? Were you going to hide it from them, huh? Now that’s cruel?

A= The air surges sporadically nearly knocking Ivo, Eris, and Artemis to the ground.

Highborne: Go.

Shadowhelm: Oh? So you did know!

Highborne: Leave Shadowhelm, or I will find where you’re actually hiding and I will tear you apart myself!

Ivo: Wait a minute! You mean he’s not actually here?

Shadowhelm: Suprise suprise novice! I was always just a shadow clone, an imitation. How does it feel? To have never even actually fought me, and still lost.

A= Shadowhelm rips his spear from the ground

Shadowhelm: Don’t worry… That worthlessness you feel right now novice? It will fade, you’ll replace it with anger soon enough.

A= The ground cracks as a cyclone rips toward Shadowhelm shattering him apart, bursting into shade.

A= Ivo grips his head in frustration, letting out an angry howl.

A= As Ivo sinks to his knees, Highborne turns toward Ivo.

Highborne: I wouldn’t let him get in your head, He’s had plenty of failures of his own. Even I have, you’ve still got plenty of time kid.

A= Highborne stretches out his hand to Ivo. Ivo doesn’t notice as he stares at the ground.

Highborne: Ms. Denara! I do believe your companion might need some… Motivation.

A= Ivo slowly looks up as Eris comes closer.

A= Eris grips Ivo by the back of his collar and lifts him up and aggressive stares him deep in the eyes.

Eris: Hey, desert boy! You giving up on me?

A= Ivo tries to look away

Eris: Oi! Neither of us have our names etched on the Guild wall yet do we?

A= Ivo looks back toward Eris

Eris: Then I don’t think we’re done yet are we?

A= a small smirk cracks onto Ivo’s scowl.

Highborne: Good, now I do believe it is time we return to the Guild Legion. We may yet be able to recover some pride from this debacle.

A= The four Guildsmen slowly walk out of the Vault.

A= As they leave the scene slowly descends through a shadow on the floor. As the darkness fades the scene slowly disolves into the sight of Shadowhelm.

A= He stands on a small clearing in a forest, the red leaves indicate he is not far from Redgarden, but there is no way of telling how far he is.

A= Shadowhelm’s face is no longer covered in shadow indicating this is not a shadow clone. He is of pale complexion with ashy grey hair hanging downward on his eyes, he looks slightly older than Highborne. Below each of his eyes lack markings scar his face.

Shadowhelm: I should have known…

A= As Shadowhelm sighs, a man wearing a blue robe, the torso half missing leaving him shirtless, walks closer to Shadowhelm.

Blue Robe: Known what? That Highborne would be there? Or that this was a waste of time?

Shadowhelm: Both I suppose, but I wouldn’t call it a waste of time. We did learn some valuable information.

Blue Robe: Like what?

Shadowhelm: Highborne has taken some new interests.

Blue Robe: What's our next move?

Shadowhelm: I want  you to find Sigil

A= The Blue Robe man tilted his head slightly

Blue Robe: Sigil? But why?

Shadowhelm: I want him to keep an eye on those three apprentices of Highborne.

Blue Robe: What? Again I ask why, They couldn’t even handle a Shadow clone, why waste your time with them?

Shadowhelm: The Archmage Highborne has never trained anyone the world did not later learn to fear.

A= The scene cuts black.

A= the Final scene ignites. The shot pans across a large stone city, tenfold the size of Redgarden. The view closes in on a single grand cathedral, with the Guild symbol painted across the walls.

A= Inside the cathedral sits a throne large and gold, beside the throne two waterfalls pour a river that separates the man on the throne from his subjects. Red silk decorates both the walls and a grand carpet that rolls from the door to the edge of the pool of water.

A= Inside: Ivo, Eris, Artemis, and Highborne kneel at the edge of the water addressing the man on the throne.

A= The man upon the throne is The Guild Legion himself. The head of the Guild, and without question one of the most powerful archons the Guild has ever seen. His slightly older looking than Highborne. His hair is a deep black that extends below his shoulders. A long beard covers his face. His eyes are a soft brown, and He is adorn in red robes, that fall elegantly around his body.

Ivo: And that is how it happened, Guild Legion…
A= As lifts his head to see the Guild Legion’s response.

A= The Guild Legion raises his hand and strokes his beard softly, contemplating the story he has been told.

Guild Legion:Due the deaths of the Redgarden Elders and Mayor, I could not in good conscious call this mission a success.

A=Ivo’s head dips slightly.

Guild Legion: However you were successful in defending the town from the Bandit attack. This while certainly not impressive, it does speak to your potential, and while you lost against the unexpected Archon, you did survive the encounter once again displaying your potential.

A= Ivo turns to see a smile on Eris’ face, and what Ivo assume was a happy look on Artemis’

Guild Legion: As such I will allow you master Ivo to join the Guild, and as a team you are all free to become Members of the Guild Ivanhall in the harbor town of Illbera to study under your mentor, the Archmage Highborne

Ivo: Thank you Guild Legion

Guild Legion: Do not thank me Master Ivo. This recommendation comes from your mentor Highborne, he has much faith in you.

A= A small breeze can be felt fluttering across the ground

Ivo: Yes, Guild Legion.

Guild Legion: Now, I wish to discuss more personal details with Highborne, If you would be so kind as to allow us the room.

A= The trio of Ivo, Artemis, and Eris stand and speak at once.

Trio: As you wish Guild Legion!

A= The trio leave the grand hall and leave the two Guildsmen to speak alone.

Guild Legion: Well speak than Highborne, I’ve noticed that scowl since you enter the room.

A= Highborne stands and stares at the Guild Legion

Highborne: You knew Shadowhelm was there…

Guild Legion: Naturally, do you think the leader of our greatest enemy the Victus, could come so close to the heart of the Guild without me noticing?

Highborne: So you did send them to their deaths…

A= The Guild Legion shifts uncomfortably in his throne.

Guild Legion: I did say the mission was a test Highborne. I did not say for who

Highborne: Am Ito assume it was my test then?

Guild Legion: I wanted to see how willing you were to let your new apprentices die, And here I stand disappointed.

Highborne:You wanted me to watch them die?

Guild Legion: I wanted to know, if you would allow them to die.. And now I know you cannot be trusted.

Highborne: And yet you let them join the Guild anyway.

Guild Legion: They may yet be of use to me, but rest assured. If I even suspect that any of them might turn out like Vidic did, I will not hesitate to kill them myself. Am I understood Highborne?

A= Highborne Grimace as he turns away from the Guild Legion.

Highborne:I live to serve Guild Legion.

-End-

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 01:25:40 PM »
Sorry, to those who care, for the long wait folks! Part Two is in progress and still being developed. Should be posting the first portion or so by the weekend. In the mean time I just wanted to add a little map I drew to give a slight scale to the world.
Spoiler
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:33:23 PM by sparishr »

Offline sparishr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »
THE WHOLE OF CHAPTER 2! Just the Additions begin on the next Page.

Updated for 09Apr2017

Spoiler
A= The scene opens on The Guild Ivanhall In the harbor city of ILLBERA (ILL-BEAR-AH) Illbera itself is a warm city on the southern coast of the Aviriia offland. It lies about 3000 Miles (4828km) from Ipsocalay (IP-SO-KAL-AY) which is the Home city of the Guild. Illbera has a population of 760,000 and its main landmarks are the Guild Archive, where most literature important to the Guild are stored (Such as biographies, tactics, and training resources written by Guild members) and the Guild Branch known as Ivanhall, run by the once great Brock Esteria.

A= Ivanhall is a large wooden building standing two floors high. Inside is a Tavern, two rows of six tables. At the center stands a large ignited fireplace. The second floor is mainly sleeping quarters and the Guildmaster’s office.

A=Inside is only the bartender. A large bellied man with halfmoon spectacles and a pink unicorn covered book. As well as a golden haired man passed at at the bar.

-Highborne, Ivo, Eris, and Artemis burst in the front door-

A= Ivo, Eris appear worn out and tired while Highborne and Artemis do not appear to be taxed at all.

Eris: I’m never taking that train again. Twenty six hours straight across the continent.

Highborne: Come now. It couldn’t have been that bad.

Ivo: Have you spent more than a couple hours with a bored Eris?

Eris: Maybe you’d understand if you took the train with us.

Highborne: I have my own means of transportation, I don’t have time to wait around for the train.

A= The four members of the group walk over and sit down at one of the tables.

Ivo: Where is everyone, when I came through Ivanhall the first time this place was a mess and full of people.

A= Highborne sits down at the table and stretches

Highborne: They’re all working, naturally. If you plan to stay in the Guild you should plan to stay busy.

A= Eris, Ivo, and Artemis join Highborne at the table. Highborne looks back to the bar, at the rear of Ivanhall.

Highborne: Which reminds me, I have another job set up for you three.

Ivo: Another job already?

Highborne: There will be plenty of time to rest once you have a few successes under your belt. But one failed attempt does not a legend make.

A= Ivo grimaces slightly.

Eris: So what is the job?

Highborne: Usually a newcomer to the Guild would end up doing some more mundane jobs. Some infrastructure work, maybe some heavy lifting for the Guild. However, since you are working for me, an Archmage, you’ll be diving headfirst into live combat operations.

Ivo: So, what is it?

Highborne: I’ll let the leader of this mission explain the details.

A= Highborne turns toward the man passed out at the bar.

Highborne: HEY BOOTSTRAP! WAKE UP YOU’RE GOING TO BE BABYSITTING THESE THREE-

A= A glass wizzes toward HIghborne, as it collides with Highborne he dissipates into a cloud of air allowing the glass to pass through him smashing against the ground behind him. Highborne reforms.

Bootstrap: Oi! I don’t around pokin my face under yer covers while you sleep! Keep that gob shut, you already skrew the with air enough as it is.

Highborne: And good morning to you as well.

A= The Golden Haired man known as Bootstrap stumbles of his seat and toward our heroes.

Highborne: Now, that matter we discussed earlier. It’s time to hold up your end of the bargain.

Bootstrap: You’re really dumping you’re novices on me then, aren’t ya?

A= Bootstrap takes the seat next to Highborne, across the table from our Trio of heroes.

Highborne: It’s just one job, Bootstrap. I’ll even cover their payment so you don’t have to split the reward.

Bootstrap: Oi, save your sweet talk for someone else, I never said I wasn’t willing to take them with me, I’m just grumpy I didn’t get to finish my nap.

A= Highborne clasps hands with Bootstrap, as if it arm wrestle.

Highborne: So I’ll leave them to you than. Do try to bring them back in one piece, I’ve only just gotten them into the Guild.

Bootstrap: I’ll protect them from enemies, but I promise nothing about the foul tempered heroine.

Eris: Hey!

A= Bootstrap lets go of Highborne’s hand, and slams his fist down unto the table as he turns to yell at Eris.

Bootstrap: Oi! Do you know how many time’s i’ve cleaned up after your messes when Im working my side job down at the weapon shop, with you and your gambling buddies leaving the back alley a disaster?

Eris: It’s not my fault they’re sore losers!

Bootstrap: Ivo!

Ivo: Yes!?!

Bootstrap: The same day you met me, did you or did you not get taken into a gambling match that ended with Eris destroying the side of the building to escape after stealing their money?

Ivo: That was the first time I met her… Actually.

A= Ivo turns to see Eris with a grimace on her face.

Eris: That proves nothing!

Bootstrap: I had to pay a week’s wages to repair that damage!

Eris: I could have put it back together if you’d asked!

A= Bootstrap and Eris prepare to throw down.

Highborne: Ladies, Ladies. You’re both pretty.

A= Bootstrap turns toward Highborne with an insulted look on his face. But both Bootstrap and Eris seem to calm down.

Highborne: Bootstrap, is the Guildmaster in?

Bootstrap: He should be, he usually gives me a good bash to the head before he leaves. But if I was sleeping, I’d be willing to be he is too.

Highborne: When is he not?

A= Highborne gets up from the table and walks toward the stairway.

A=Bootstrap stares at Highborne until he enters the Guildmaster’s office.

Bootstrap: Oi! Now that the big guy is gone.

A= Bootstrap reaches into his back pocket and takes out a pouch of coins.

Bootstrap: Ok, this was the gambling earnings from the weeks you were gone.

A= Eris holds out her hands and takes ahold of the pouch.

Ivo: W-wait a second? Weren’t you just yelling at her about that?

A= Both Bootstrap and Eris turn towards Ivo

Bootstrap: What? One of us has too seem like a responsible adult or else neither of us would get to have any fun with ol’ blue eyes around.

A= Eris smirks at Ivo

Bootstrap: Now about this job. I won’t lie to you, it’s looking pretty dangerous.

Ivo: What are we going to be doing?

A= Bootstrap takes a scroll out of his shirt and unfurls it on the table.

Bootstrap: It’s an Guild Investigations Bureau contract.

Ivo: A what?

Bootstrap: It’s when the Guild doesn’t know the full story on what’s going on. They pay slightly higher than regular contracts, but they’re usually much more dangerous.

Eris: So what’s story?

Bootstrap: About 90 miles west of Illbera there’s a town with a string of murders. All were gruesome and all of them have happened within the past month, the kicker? All the victims have been Archons, meaning one of two things.

A= Eris and Ivo lean in close.

Bootstrap: Either we’re dealing with a powerful Archon with a grudge against his own kind, or a Human who’s fast enough or covert enough to get in close before the Archon knows what hit them. Either way, we're looking at a fight.

Eris: So what is the plan?

A= Bootstrap leans back and scratches his cheek

Bootstrap: Unfortunately we won’t have much an idea of what we’re looking for until we get there. If it’s an Archon we’re dealing with I don’t imagine we’re going to make it out without a few scratches. So we should prepare for the worst.

Ivo: So when do we leave?

Bootstrap: We have two days till we’re scheduled to leave, which is fortunate.

Ivo: Why is that?

A= Bootstrap smirks slightly

Bootstrap: Because you have some paperwork to do.

Ivo: What?

Bootstrap: You just joined the Guild right? Have you filled out the paperwork to tell them where to send your pay yet?

A= Ivo looks puzzled

Bootstrap: Tommorow you need to go down to the Guild Archive at the center of town. You’re going to ask for a 40306 form. They should take it from there. They’re going to ask for your name, your rank, which Guild you are apart of, and whether you want coins or Guild bonds. Take the coins, if you ever head south to Firi the Guild Bonds will be worthless.

A= Ivo looks even more confused

Bootstrap: Don’t worry, it’ll seem simpler once you’re there. Now get some rest, we’re in for a busy week.

A= Bootstrap returns to the bar and orders a drink, Artemis doesn’t move and stares intently at the firepit. Eris and Ivo head upstairs to their respective rooms and head to sleep.

A= Ivo enters his room. It is a small room that only houses four piece of furniture and a lamp dangling from the ceiling, with one openable window.  The room houses a Bed, A small chest at the foot of the bed, a desk positioned right below the window, and a wardrobe to the right of the desk.

A= Ivo goes off to sleep, and awakens the next morning.

A= As Ivo heads back down stairs, Ivanhall has returned to its rambunctious state. Several drinking contests seem to be in progress, as well as a few bouts of strength.

A= Ivo approaches a table filled with laughing Guildsmen. One of them is Bootstrap.

Bootstrap: And so he fires the arrow point blank at me! He nearly wet himself when I caught it!

A= The table erupted into laughter.

Ivo: Um… Bootstrap

A= Bootstrap having heard Ivo over the roar.

Bootstrap: Ah! Ivo.

A= Bootstrap turns toward the gathering at the table.

Bootstrap: So this is the guy! First mission the kid goes on, he ends up face to face with Shadowhelm!

A= The table erupts into laughter.

Bootstrap: Of course he almost dies! Ol’ blue eyes bailed him out at the last second the way I hear it!

A= The table responds again in giggles, Ivo humors them with a monotone snicker.

Boostrap: Ahhh, don’t take it too hard kid, none of us would have done any better in your shoes. The Guild is a tough game, you don't always win.

A= Ivo lets out one final monotone laugh.

Bootstrap: Anyways, when are you planning to head out to the Guild Archive?

Ivo: I was actually planning on doing it now. I was hoping you might have time to help me out.

A+ Bootstrap’s hand drats for his drink instinctively.

Bootstrap: Oooooooh, I was I could .But I’ve got alot of… Um...er... Paperwork to do! Yeah.

A= Bootstrap takes a deep drink. And grimacing after finishing coughs slightly.

Bootstrap: So i’d love to… buuuuuut hands are tied, responsibility,  what can you do!

A= Bootstrap turns back to his table and immediately begins to talk to the group.

A= Ivo sighs and walks out the front door of Ivanhall.

A= Eris appears from the other side of Bootstrap and leans out to look at the door.

Eris: Do you think I should go with him?

Bootstrap: If you want him to make it home before sunset.

A= Eris sighs and follows Ivo out the door.

A= Ivo stands frozen just outside the doors of Ivanhall. Ivanhall stands on a hill overlooking the rest of Illbera. Eris emerges from within Ivanhall and catches a view of Ivo.

Eris: You doing alright there desert boy?

A=  Ivo breaks from his trance and turns to Eris.

Ivo: Yeah, sorry. I’ll just never get used to how… grand it all seems. Malore was such a small village, and compared to this-

Eris: Eh, give it time. Six or seven times of having to hike up this hill and you’ll be sick of it.

A= Eris walks out in front of Ivo and begins to descend down the steps into town.

Eris: Well, you want to make it to the Guild Archives don’t you?

A= Ivo leaps down a few stairs and jogs to catch up to Eris.

A= Eris points out toward the distance, marking a large building with the Guild Crest

Eris: That’s the Guild Archive. Remember the way, this won’t be the last time you’ll have to go. Any paperwork you’ll have to do for the Guild, will likely come from there.

Ivo: You don’t sound too fond of it.

Eris: I’m not a fan of bureaucracy, no. But it’s part and parcel, of being a Guildsmen.

Ivo: So I never asked this when we first met and I’ve been wondering. How long have you been in the Guild?

A= Eris and Ivo come to the end of the stairway and begin to walk through the stone city of Ilbera.

Eris: I’ve been in for a little over a year. Haven’t done anything nearly as dangerous as Redgarden in that whole time though,

Ivo: I was just wondering because you seem pretty strong. Quite stronger than I am anyhow.

Eris: I had a lot of help growing up as an Archon. You came from Firi, so i’d imagine you never saw too many Archons before now.

A= Eris and Ivo turn into a bustling market

Ivo: I only ever met one Archon before I got here. Before that it was only the stories my mother told me.

A= a perfume seller tries to get in close to Eris. Eris grabs them by their face and shoves them down to the ground as she continues to walk onward.

Ivo: So was one of your parents an Archon too? Did they that teach you?

A= Eris halts in the middle of the crowd and violently turns toward Ivo.

Eris: I don’t talk about my family, and you shouldn’t ask.

A= Eris returns to walking through the crowd without another word.

Ivo: I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you or anything.

Eris Don’t be sorry, just don’t ask again.

A= Eris and Ivo walk in silence until reaching the center of town. At the heart of Illbera sits the Guild Archive. Eris and Ivo walk inside. The first room is a large clearing made from white polished stone, there are red silk sheets that hang from the ceiling bearing the Guild symbol. Book cases cover the perimeter of the room, reaching all the way up to the ceiling with ladders that allow access to the higher levels. The center of the room is filled with waist high bookshelves and assorted tables for filling out paperwork.

a= At the far end of the room sits a half circle wooden desk with books and papers stack up all around it. The only clear space is a small golden placemat with the words “Please ring bell for service”

A= Ivo and Eris approach and ring the bell. After a slight delay one of the stacks of papers falls over spreading them everywhere behind the counter.

Kilik: GAH! Not again!

A= A medium height, black haired man with glasses comes rushing out of a door behind the counter.

Kilik: I’ve had it!

A= The man known as Kilik grabs the bell and viciously throws it into the doorway he just emerged from. After a few metallic bounces a loud thump and the rustling of falling papers can be heard from within.

Kilik: GAH!

A= The man slams his face down unto the golden mat in defeat.

A= Eris gives a disapproving look to Ivo.

Eris: Well you have fun with your new friend

A= Eris turns and walks out the door.

A= Ivo turns to look at Kilik still face down on the desk. Ivo awkwardly waits a few moments, hoping the man will address him as to interrupt the silence.

Ivo: Um… Sir?

A= the man viciously rips his head from the desk. His glasses bob upward resting on top of his head and then slowly drift back down on his face.

Kilik: Ah! Yes. Sorry. Hello I’m Kilik Marsh welcome to the Guild Archive, how may I help you sir or ma’am?

A= Kilik stiffly throws his hand forward in offer of a handshake. The a look of confusion flows onto his face.

Kilik: Gah! Sorry, I was just reading the greeting off the card here!

A= Kilik takes a small instructional card from behind the counter and displays it to Ivo.

Kilik: I mean I can see you’re a sir but I got really nervous because I’ve only worked here a few days so i'm not quite sure how to do this... Sorry! Can I help you?

A= Ivo attempts to calm the man down offering his own hand for a handshake.

Ivo: Hey man, Kilik was it? It’s ok, i’m nobody special, you can breath.

A= Kilik takes a hesitant hold of Ivo’s hand. And takes a deep breath.

Ivo: There you go, it’s ok.

Kilik: Sorry. I’m not sure I’ll get used to working in such a big city. It’s not good on my heart.

Ivo: I know how you feel. I’m from a pretty small village myself. Illbera is a pretty big change for me.

Kilik: Thanks, sorry again for that.

A= Kilik livens up and frantically scans the papers all about.

Kilik: So what can I do for you today? I may not be the most experienced but i’m sure I can be of some assistance.

A= Ivo leans slightly onto the counter.

Ivo: Well I was hoping to fill out a 40306 form I think they called it.

A= Kilik perks up

Kilik: Oh that’s a Personal Pay Verification form! That must mean you’re a Guildsmen then!

A= Ivo lets out a slight laugh.

Kilik: Gah… To look like such an idiot in front of a Guildsmen.

A= Kilik sulks down a little.

Ivo: Honestly don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.

A= Kilik turns and begins sifting through the fallen papers on the ground.

Kilik: You know I always wanted to be a Guildsmen too!

A= Ivo smirks slightly.

Ivo: Really now? Why didn’t you?

A= Kilik sheepishly twiddles his thumbs.

Kilik: Well i’m just a human, not having powers would make it pretty difficult. Well that and i’m kind of a nervous person.

A= Ivo laughs deeply

Ivo: How in the world did you get that impression.

A= Kilik smirks slightly.

Kilik: My dad always says I should be happy with what I have, so I guess I shouldn’t lament too much.

Ivo: We make the best with what we’re given.

A= After a few more seconds of searching Kilik grabs ahold of a sheet of paper and squinting at it slightly, springs upward unto his feet and hands it to Ivo.

Kilik: i’m just going to need you to write your name, your rank, which Guild you are apart of, and whether you want coins or Guild bonds in the boxes provided on the sheet.

A= Ivo takes a pen out from a container on the counter and begins to write his name.

Kilik: Ivo Cassferth? That’s a Firian name isn’t it?

A= Ivo looks up from the paper.

Ivo: Yeah, i’m a Firi native. From Malore on the western half of the continent.

Kilik: I hear those are demon infested lands. I guess it makes sense, for you to join the Guild and all. Must’ve been born fighting.

A= Ivo smiles

Ivo: I’ve killed quite a few demons in my day, bandits aren’t too much different.

A= Kilik nervously chuckles.

Kilik: I’m going to guess you just joined the Guild because you look pretty young. So just check the box for “Guild Envoy” for the rank.

A= Ivo finishes up the paperwork and hands it back to Kilik who looks over it for a few seconds.

Kilik: Alright! Looks good! If you have any pending pay from previous jobs, you should expect a few weeks delay in payment as the paperwork processes. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your day sir or ma’am.

A= Ivo shoots his eye to Kilik’s hand. Kilik quickly tries to hide the Instructional card he had just been reading off of. Kilik nervously chuckles.

Kilik: Sorry. Sorry. Sorry

Ivo: Ha, so am I good to go then?

Kilik: Ah yes! I’ll send this off to be processed up in Ipsocalay, in the meantime you should still be able to go and complete jobs. The pay will just be delayed slightly, nothing to worry about.

Ivo: Alright, thanks for your help Kilik! I suppose we’ll be seeing more of each other, hopefully you get used to working here!

Kilik: Aha, Thanks Ivo!

A= Ivo walks out the front door, back into the sunlight of Illbera. Eris is leaning up against the wall just beside the door.

Eris: So how did it go?

Ivo: Pretty well, that guy is a little bit of a nervous wreck though.

A= Eris lightly pushes off the wall and begins to lead the way back to Ivanhall

Eris: It’s to be expected. No one in their right mind becomes a paper pusher…

A= Eris and Ivo return to the Guild.

A= As they approach the door Ivo stretches his arm out to push the door. However before his hand touches the wood, the door swings open. Bootstrap stands at the Guild’s threshold and stares at Eris and Ivo. Bootstrap is now equipped in his combat gear. Deep leather decorated with throwing knives, two dirks sticking out past each of his shoulders, and a two long curved blades at his hips.

Bootstrap: Ah good! I was just going to come out looking for you two.

Eris: Why? It’s not that late yet.

A= Bootstrap leans up against the door.

Bootstrap: Our contract got pushed up.

Ivo: It what?

A= Eris turns toward Ivo.

Eris: The job had its completion date shortened, so we have the same amount of work to do in less time. How much did it get pushed up?

Bootstrap: It didn’t just get moved up, the job itself got moved.

A= Eris’ face drops to a deep concern.

Eris: Where is it Bootstrap?

A= Bootstrap takes two black and white picture out of a pocket on his chest. A man with three large claw cuts across his face, lying in a pool of his own blood, his arm missing.
Bootstrap: He’s here.

Eris: Are they sure?

Bootstrap: The victim was a Archon, the claw marks are the same, torn apart . These are from last night, it has to be him.

Ivo: If he’s here we need to get moving now.

Bootstrap: That’s what I like to hear. You might make it as a Guildsmen after all. Get your gear we’re heading to the scene.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:45:21 AM by sparishr »