September 20, 2017, 05:49:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: what manga are u reading now?  (Read 43685 times)

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: what manga are u reading now?
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »
Read the first volume of Netsuzou Trap.

This is a spicy yuri manga about two best friends with boyfriends who appear to like each other more then their dudes. Like Citrus there is one pushy character, Hotaru, who asserts herself onto Yuma and frames her advances as either jokes or practice for when she gets down with Takeda. So we have the kind of "oooh you like this don't you" kind of thing and a lot of confusion from Yuma. Compared to Citrus I didn't find the dynamic to be quite as good and Hotaru really doesn't mess around. I do feel there is a good set-up and group of characters here though, Hotaru is experienced with boys and her current dude is kind of a dink. She has no other female friends besides Yuma who has an innocent boyfriend, Takeda. Poor Takeda, seriously this guy just wants a nice romance. He doesn't really know what to do. Meanwhile Hotaru is trying to steal all of Yuma's first, but we can tell that Yuma gets into it as well. I think this first volume was alright, compared to Citrus again it's really not as good of a yuri set-up but we'll see where it goes, I'll read more. I like the bit the author put at the end, she's just like ha ha ha let's make this super soppy! Oh no.

The art is not bad, it's stiff at times but the faces and hair look great.

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:09 PM »
if i was into that kinda thing i have no doubt a character like Hotaru would infuriate me

other than thati have been reading..... nothing, i finished the 2 volumes of Assassination classroom that i had and i got no manga or money for manga this christmas

Offline YuumaKuuga

• Jetstream Lover
  • In the dead of night it will be all right
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:49 PM »
Well I'm reading the final omnibus volume of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle by CLAMP (Volumes 27-28, the final ones) and after I read 'em, I have to re-read the whole thing, cause this story really is a rollercoaster with ups and downs. A lot of people get confused by it and even some put this down as an utter failure of storytelling, but I think it really is CLAMPS best work of all time. You gotta read it, its too much to explain......No really, it is  :(

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:28:01 PM by YuumaKuuga »

Hey look, a wild waifu appears. AKA Chandra Naalar

Offline YuumaKuuga

• Jetstream Lover
  • In the dead of night it will be all right
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 15, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
Just collected all three volumes of Tsubasa World Chronicle, and damn...... They really went balls out to make Fai feel and sound more like a female character, while Kurogane is still the same, right down to the drinking. It looks like its more of a yaoi relationship between Fai and Kurogane....yet its more of Kurogane knocking Fai on the head and Fai calling him daddy

Hell, Mokona calls him the drunken husband (Which Kurogane will keep denying to the day he dies.)

And overall, suddenly I feel like Syaoran somehow became the son of Kurogane and Fai, which is fine, seeing as his real parents...are a trip to try to understand.....

A worthy read tho
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:12:03 PM by YuumaKuuga »

Hey look, a wild waifu appears. AKA Chandra Naalar

Offline lexamangaforum

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2017, 12:09:53 PM »
I tried Tsubasa Chronicles the anime and immediately became confused once there was talk of clones... I LOVED it before though.

I'm currently reading Sweetness and Lightning and I am loving the added recipes!

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
Read the first volume of Dragon Ball Super. I've not seen any of the show but I saw this at the comic store and thought, eh why not.

It's not drawn by Toriyama of course but the new artist Toyotarou does a good job replicating his style, it's so close you wouldn't be able to tell it was someone else if you didn't know. Toriyama still does the story which now takes place after the last two films. It starts with a very messy recap of both, adding another Garfield God and Whis' sis. Battle of Gods opened the idea of multiple universes and now this is about Universe 6 and 7 duking it out in a tournament.

I liked how this brought that weirdo from the one off TV special, Vegeta's brother or something I think. The story is okay, simple enough to keep things going for a long time. It was fun but doesn't quite work in this compact format. The manga is made to be read on bigger pages and crams a lot in on some pages, I also feel the lines are too thin. But that aside it was enjoyable. Did we need more Dragon Ball? No by all means it should've ended after the Cell saga for the best possible conclusion but this is fun enough. It writes out Gohan however, he's pretty much useless at this point.

The story was a little too fast paced, I feel the show might even space things out better, but for a quick read it was fine and I would get more. Next volume is not till like December though so I might as well watch it...but so many episodes...

Offline HikariMikuH

• I'm a chicken not more not less OvO
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 23, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
Seraph of the end , but I'm really late , I'm only at volume 6 ^^;;;;

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »
Currently reading death note whilst watching it on Netflix

Offline Rusted_Gear

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 01, 2017, 01:16:20 AM »
Currently reading:
Dr.Stone
Tokyo Ghoul Re
Berserk
Prison School
Origin
One Punch Man

Offline IndecisiveChild

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 06, 2017, 02:08:28 PM »
Feng shen ji
Magi
Kingdom
The god of highschool
Fairytail
Uratarou
A joureny of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline Mohadis1

• The second coming of his lord sakamoto
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
read household affairs manhwa lot s of plot
expect vs reality
mcdonalds   kfc
coke         pepsi
fun             life

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »
Volume 6 of Citrus is out! It took a year but at last another volume of the quickest to read manga. It was a strategic purchase at the bookstore.

Though the series begins with lots of steamy yuri action things have slowed way down in the last two volumes. Now Yuzu and Mei are thinking more seriously about their relationship and there are plenty more issues and conflicts Yuzu faces. I really like the characters, Mei has become a lot more likable and there is fairly solid development. It's still a little overdramatic at times, but that's what you get with this kind of thing. The ending was cute, I like the slow pace of the series. It had a lot of stuff right off the bat but now it's like, okay this is official so what will they do?

I suppose it will be another year or so now...the anime is starting next winter I believe. The PV doesn't look very promising however, I want them to do Citrus right since it's a legitimately good yuri, but we will see.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
I've just finished what's available of "Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?" It's a fun little story about a girl who gets reincarnated in a fantasy land as one of the basic spider monsters in a giant dungeon. It's a lot of fun to blast through in a single sitting, and a pretty cute twist on the well-trod reincarnation setup. Looks like it's based on a light novel that's way further ahead plot-wise. Love to see where this goes:

Give it a look-see: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kumo-Desu-ga--Nani-ka