April 18, 2024, 10:35:30 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: what manga are u reading now?  (Read 186892 times)

Offline ThatGuy80

• Will rule the world... When I feel like it.
    • View Profile
Re: what manga are u reading now?
« Reply #525 on: November 05, 2016, 03:43:25 PM »
I did like Nana to Kaoru, but I just found it slow. I think you'll like it. The characters were good and the story was interesting, but maybe it was me. I kept thinking certain things would happen and it would be a while before they did.

I've been reading K-On! College online, so I've been waiting for someone to upload the rest of the story. I hope it happens soon. I haven't seen the anime of it though. I didn't know there was one. I've seen the original series and the movie and I loved those.

I'll have to check out D-Frag. It sounds good. I like strange comedies. Another one I'm reading right now is It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular. It's pretty funny and the main character is sad and admirable from how hard she tries and the situations are bizarre. It's a neat series so far though. Still ongoing too.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 05, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »
Ya, everyone has different preferences for pacing. I like slow builds for character driven stories. Sometimes I have patience, but not all the time.

I didn't mean an anime of K-On! College! Just the main one. I'd love there to be more believe me, but the movie ended the animation fine. Such a great film. Ah, Watamote is a good show. I'm sure the manga is nearly as good, but I think the anime got everything perfect. Tomoko was quite the character.

Also I say this everytime but, D-Frag has Sean Connery. Just saying. The best bizzaro comedy for a school setting has outta be Cromartie High School, again I don't know how the manga is but the show is a unique experience.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:26:47 PM by Manimal »

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 05, 2016, 06:22:41 PM »
True, I'm more into fast paced comedies. It's okay when it's slow when the series is drama heavy. It varies story to story.

Oh, okay. I was kind of hoping there was an anime of it, but I agree. The anime and the movie were awesome. I liked how they ended it too. I don't know Watamote though. I'll have to look that one up too.

If Sean Connery is in D-Frag, it just moved up on my list. Cromartie High School is one I've heard about, but never gotten around to. I like bizarre stories. If you haven't heard of it, you might like Is This A Zombie? It's in romaji on most sites (Kore was Zombie desu ka?), but they've released it in English volumes too. Strange and fun to read.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 05, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »
I like fast comedies to, Trigger style shows, that stuffs gold! Ya K-On is one of my top 5, I've watched it twice so far, I'm do so down to do it again. Slice of life and comedy are my favorites.

Cromartie has Freddie Mercury. Just saying. Ya I liked Is This A Zombie, I watched the first season and most of the second. It was a fun show, one of the better harems for sure. The male lead was also good. I got one volume of the manga, I don't really find it worthwhile to read some show I've already seen though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:38:50 PM by Manimal »

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 05, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
Slice of life comedies are great.  ;D Have you read or watched Genshiken? I liked both anime series, but I was said because the series ended for the second time.

I haven't actually watched the anime yet. I'm really far behind on anime. I have manga apps on my devices, so I cycle through them fairly quickly. Then I go back and reread a lot of them

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 05, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »
I have not, that's the college club one eh? Might be fun to watch now. Oh ya, I'm really far behind on manga! Again I'd like to read more but I take forever sometimes. Unless it's something really good. I was reading Today's Yuiko-san for a while. A high school romantic comedy where the couple actually begins in a relationship and deals with the awkwardness of it. Interesting one. 

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »
Yeah, from the series you were talking about, I think you might like Genshiken. The manga goes farther than the series do, but I liked both.

That is interesting. Usually you have to wait for couples to get together. I'll have to look that one up as well. There's not many manga or anime series I can think of where that happens.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
I'll look into it. I know that series has a lot of neat points like the show in a show (I think it's that one).

Right? Yuiko-san is cool for that reason. It seems like a basic idea, a high school couple's story, but it's so rare in anime that it's almost an original concept! There are shows that get a couple together quick like Golden Time, but it doesn't often as often as it should. I like how the shows are the journey to a confession or kiss (which seems to be rare these days), but there is more to explore then that! I wish there was more like Yuiko-san. I like romance series, but too often it's the same song and dance. The idea of a couple coming together is nice and has been done great in series like Clannad and Kimi ni Todoke, but harem stuff or comedies with multiple options, that stuff drives me crazy. I don't like that unless it's part of the drama. But more often then not it's just a self insert male lead so the viewer can choose which girl they like best.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:52:15 PM by Manimal »

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 06, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
I know what you mean. It is nice to see couples get together, but you would figure more might start off as couples in series. The harem genre is okay. I like a lot of harem series, but it annoys me when it ends and there is no clearly defined winner. It bugs me. Kind of like "How did it come to this?" I figured after the MC got to know the other girls, he could at least make up his mind, but not usually. I always think that the creators don't want to annoy the readers, because their favorite wasn't picked.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 06, 2016, 03:43:10 PM »
Ya I dislike it when creators cater their story for what the readers want. Screw 'em, it's their story let them do what they want. Akira Toriyama was pressured to always make Goku defeat the bad guys and to strength out Dragon Ball Z. It would've been so much better if Goku stayed dead and the ending was Gohan defeating Cell, without his dad's help. The Buu saga was good but completely unnecessary. If anything Gohan should've defeat Buu after his big power-up. I like Dragon Ball Z but the story is beyond awful.

But ya I can do harems, there have been a few that I like. I don't mind fanservice either, as long as the show warrants it. But the indecisiveness and wimpy male leads bother me. Mainly because I know I'd be just as wimpy, so it's like you hate seeing yourself in others or something. But I like it best when it's a clear path. Even Netoge from this Spring did the whole guy surrounded by girls in a club, but it was about the main two coming together. So that was a nice surprise.

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 06, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »
I know what you mean. Thinking of fans isn't so bad, but catering to them can lead to a weaker story. Dragonball... xD All of the series were really fun to watch, but completely ridiculous. Which is probably why it's considered the greatest battle manga. The story may not make a lot of sense, but it's fun to watch. It was harder to read though. I couldn't even finish the manga. It's fun, but I have to agree the story isn't that good.

Yeah, harmed are alright. I actually read a lot of them. The stories themselves don't usually bother me, as much as the indecisive endings. It looks like Monster Musume may head the same way. When I thought an end was in sight, it kept going. A lot of fun to read though. I haven't actually finished Netoge yet. I've been reading it online and I haven't seen the end yet. Even then, I never questioned who was going to end up together. It's really fun. I like how all of the characters are a little crazy. Except the female lead, who is really nuts. xD

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 06, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
Dragon Ball is so much fun, I do like it a lot and I honestly think it's the best of it's kind, but when you get to it, the story is kind of bad!

Harems are alright when they're unique or funny. I couldn't get into Monster Musume because the male lead was too boring. He literally hardly has a face. I know he's kind and all this stuff, but...I didn't enjoy the volume I semi read and 2 episodes I semi watched. But ya, I am not a fan of "harem" endings. I like nice and simple romance. Or dramatic love triangle heartbreak. Netoge is fun, in the manga the scene where she lashes out on the teacher is MUCH darker then what they did in the anime! She just took out her magic staff in the show, if I'm not mistaken she actually drew a box cutters in the manga? Ako is nuts, like casually gaming nude and of course the "presentation" scene when Rusian visits her house.

As an anime Netoge was a low quality production but I think it had something sort of going for it, even if it wasn't perfect. The OP and ED are great.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:28:51 PM by Manimal »

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 06, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
sorry to sneak in here on a convo but... is Assassination Classroom any good?...

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 06, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »
Oh ya.

The anime was great, a complete story. I'm sure the manga is as good to. It's funny and I had a good time with it. The ending was satisfying and I liked the cast. It's silly, and not something to take super seriously, but it's pretty solid. Koro-sensei is a great character.

Offline ThatGuy80

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 06, 2016, 10:20:17 PM »
BobbyJoeX: I haven't gotten around to Assasination Classroom yet, but it looked good. It's on my ever growing list of things to watch and read.

Manimal: Monster Musume was interesting for me, more so for the female characters, but I like the MC in it. Even if he is indecisive at times. Despite his kindness, he has a tendency to remain calm when everyone else is freaking out. Which I originally didn't think he had in him. As far as Netoge goes, I haven't seen the anime yet, but you're right. She draws a box cutter on the teacher. I'll have to watch it though, because I love the manga. I think I'm on chapter 18 at the moment. I like how crazy she is and has trouble differentiating the game and the real world.