March 29, 2024, 01:29:09 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: PageTurner (R-Language, Violence, Minor Drug Use)  (Read 5695 times)

Offline PageTurnerComics

• View Profile
PageTurner (R-Language, Violence, Minor Drug Use)
« on: August 01, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »
After 6 long months of busting buns, me and my artist Jeff Santos have FINALLY finished the 70+ pages of our first chapter! We met here on MangaRaiders, and we definitely wanted to show it off here. AGAIN, there's "bad words", violence and some smoking that take place here. Recommended age to read is 18+! Without further ado, I give you PageTurner: Ch. I! Of Birds and Beginnings!

*UPDATE!! 12/13/16* Ch. II Of Entrances and Arrivals is now uploaded! Chapters III and IV will be uploaded shortly :)

*UPDATE!! 12/14/16* Ch. III Of Aspirations and Assassinations is now uploaded! Chapter IV will be uploaded soon! :D

Chapter 1 - Of Birds and Beginnings
Spoiler

Chapter 2 - Of Entrances and Arrivals
Spoiler

Chapter 3 - Of Aspirations and Assassinations
Spoiler

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:25:51 PM by PageTurnerComics »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: PageTurner (R-Language, Violence, Minor Drug Use)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »
I would personally only see it as 16+, but that might just be my upbringing and public school exposure. Ah, well, in any case, congratulations on having an entire chapter out! A lot of work went into this, and the posing and realism of the human forms are amazing. If I had one complaint, it'd be that the lack of background often leaves the panels feeling noticeably blank, but as I said, the overall product looks good for what it is. Best of luck for chapter two!
Haha signature go brr.

Offline PageTurnerComics

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 09:43:44 PM »
Thanks very much for the critique! I can see how Jeff's use of negative space can be a bit off-putting. We're also a simple 2-man team with no artist other than him, so creative use of negative space is going to be almost imperative :P Your read and support are very much appreciated!

Offline Killer B !!SAMA!!

• I GOT U THERE PERVERT AJUSSI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 04:01:28 AM »
looks good meenNN congrats for ur 70 pages well done hha  :clapping:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
well done for a nice chapter :)
although putting each picture into its own spoiler is the most annoying thing i have seen recently.

nice effects/action and colouring.
things i think that could be improved on are backgrounds and shading, even if its just a little on the faces and clothes and stuff.
but seriously fantastic work, how long did it take in total for it to be drawn?
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline PageTurnerComics

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
...putting each picture into its own spoiler is the most annoying thing i have seen recently.
I agree. Totally not the way I originally intended, but when I put them in normally their large size extended out of the range of the page. If someone knows a better way to do this, I'm open to suggestions. I'd love to keep uploading what I have to here.
Edit: Now they're all in one spoiler tag. And now that I see how easy it is, I'll begin updating here the same as I do the website :)

nice effects/action and colouring.
things i think that could be improved on are backgrounds and shading, even if its just a little on the faces and clothes and stuff.
but seriously fantastic work, how long did it take in total for it to be drawn?
Thanks for the compliments, and the shading and backgrounds are something we're definitely going to work on as we move forward. Chapter 1 took us from December to April.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:17:01 PM by PageTurnerComics »

Offline PageTurnerComics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
Update! Chapter 2 added 12/13/16. 3 and 4 will be added soon, possibly even today. Sorry for the lack of updates here, but the comic actually has been rolling out steadily, about 5 pages a week, since Chapter 1's release. Hope you'll continue to follow our progress :)

Even more update! Not making a new post since I'm still at the top here :P Chapter 3 is added, and Chapter 4 will be up shortly!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:27:05 PM by PageTurnerComics »

Offline FranksOrangeGoatee

• Editor
  • Let's get creative!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 03:24:23 AM »
I dig this! Very impressed with the results of a two-man team. It's refreshing to read something that isn't littered with distracting background stars/lines or multiple paragraphs per panel.
Morality first, then diplomacy.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 08:54:26 PM »
Pretty cool first chapter! Love how everyone looks right in every panel, makes it easy to catch on to who's who. Great toning as well.

So are they in a game world or what? I'm confused about the XP level up thing - whether it's a gag or not - and the whole light coming from the pages thing. I guess it'll be explained later, along with the bet.

Naturally, Void is the coolest of them all.

Really great work here Page Turner. Keep at it!