March 29, 2024, 12:45:16 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Journey For The Best Instant Noodles  (Read 7607 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Journey For The Best Instant Noodles
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »

Have you ever wondered what the best instant noodles are? Spoiler alert...there is no such thing because instant noodles are filler garbage. But I have a dumb goal of trying every kind of instant noodles I can find in the store so I think I will be chronicling my journey for the best noodles. Join me...

Mr. Noodles : Spicy Chicken
Mr. Noodles : Beef
Mr. Noodles : Vegetable
Mr. Noodles : Chicken
Sapporo Ichiban : Shrimp
Sapporo Ichiban : Chow Mein Yakisoba
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:09:36 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Journey For The Best Instant Noodles
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
Mr. Noodles : Spicy Chicken

First up we have the ever classic Mr. Noodles and his Spicy Chicken flavour. At a whopping 50 cents per pack you seemingly can't go wrong with this great value! Or can you?

Before eating I shall look at the texture. After about 3 minutes of boiling I can say the noodles look...normal. They are still bunched together in spots but they appear to be soft and smiley. The smell is nothing overpowering though your nose will get tingly if you get in too close. On first bite I can say I might not have let them cook long enough as they still taste rather bland and cardboard like. Not quite as soft as they appeared.

The spicy taste packet adds a very unbalanced flavour, it stings the tongue & lips right away but doesn't leave much of a punch or good after taste. Impact is very low, these noodles will not burn your mouth. They are low on the spice scale. I do not get a taste of chicken with these noodles, it's in smell only that one can picture our egg laying friends. Taste is highly mediocre, but I can give Mr. Noodles and his spicy chicken props for keeping salt levels low.

After completing the bowl I can say I do not feel very good. A few stray noodles linger in my throat and create some kind of very light spice pattern on their way down. But the feeling of loose noodles stuck down my throat is not preferred.

I overall feel Mr. Noodles Spicy Chicken noodles are very sub par. The noodles themselves are fairly average in quality for 50 cent noodles, but the flavour is bad and takes away from the overall experience. In fact I would describe the flavour as an annoyance as you stuff each bite down your throat. It leaves your lips feeling a bit tingly. I do not feel like I have completed a great meal after finishing, I only feel like I have made a horrible life decision. It is instant noodles after all.

4/10
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:30:19 PM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »
This promises to be a truly epic journey

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »
You ever try the Paldo king cup lobster soup? I couldn't feel my tongue for a while after.
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
I have not heard of that before. The hottest I've had are some Korean kind. I did not finish them they where too much...

I don't like spicy things yet I always try the most extreme ones when given the choice. Just because.

Offline Flames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »
Its this one and yeah, they are super spicy.
Message me for any assistance you need! I'd be glad to help.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »
In Hawaii, instant ramen comes in frozen packets, and they're so much better than instant noodles here on the mainland. I suppose it's because Asian culture is so prominent and readily available there.

I personally eat Maruchan here because they're cheap, and I will add my own spices and the like. I have learned how to make sweet and spicy shrimp ramen with it. It's quite interesting to mess around with the bland product and make it decent. Maybe I'll give you some recipes?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »
Dude....dont know if you have them there but Pot noodles are the shizz! :o

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 03:45:47 PM »
Set up a PO Box for noodle delivery, we'll send out some UK samples :P

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
I wouldn't mind some recipes...I've never tried anything fancy.

I also don't know what these pot noodles are but on a Google search they appear to be cup noodles labelled pot noodles. Okay. I will mainly be looking at the packages here rather then cup noodles as I don't really like cup ones. There was a good brand here but it got replaced. Once last year I ate a cup of noodles and when I was done turned it around to see the expiry date was 2013.

PO box...ha ha, gotta get it rolling before fancy ideas come in you know!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:05:34 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 04:29:34 PM »
Mr. Noodles : Beef

Before we get into anything fancy Mr. Noodles and his variety of flavours is the hump we outta get over. So next up in the saga is the beef flavour. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will it be meh? Ya most likely.

On presentation it looks normal for noodles. Naturally it looks nothing like the package and it does not come with fancy little veggies and other stuff as shown. But of course that can all be added so I won't complain. For aroma it does smell very beefy, I can pretty much see the meat if I close my eyes. Oh God. Never mind, I never typed that, erase the memory. Anyway I will now be taking the first bite. So right off the bat it's...very hot ow ow ow ow my tongue ow. It just kind of tastes like water, or plain noodles, which is what it is. It leaves a very light after taste of beef but only to a small degree. It's impact is low and I feel the overall flavour is very weak. While I can smell the beef, it's taste seems to disappear in the flood.

These Mr. Noodle reviews are going to be repetitive because they are all the same minus the flavour packages. These ones are better then the spicy chicken but if you plugged my nose, I'd punched you in the face don't touch me, and then had me eat this I'd have no idea what flavor it is. These noodles are bland city. Mr. Noodles doesn't offer anything special, you get what you pay for in this case. 5 dimes, 10 nickels and half a loonie for this. RIP pennies.

Overall Mr. Noodles Beef noodles are standard. There is nothing to the taste and you really don't get much of the beef flavour in them. They are not spicy or anything else and don't necessary taste bad. I feel Mr. Noodles have decent quality in terms of the base. The noodles are nicely sized and all, they don't really taste all that good but they could be worse. After eating them I feel worse then before. I did not need two in a day, bad idea.

4.5/10

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »
Man, you're rating what was once my sole source of nutrition pretty lowly. I mean, accurate, but low.

You should definitely try this brand though while you're at it.
Spoiler
It's definitely my favourite known instant noodles, probably because it comes with sesame oil which makes any instant noodle bowl/cup smell amazing and taste better.

It's quite interesting to mess around with the bland product and make it decent. Maybe I'll give you some recipes?
I wouldn't mind some recipes...I've never tried anything fancy.

You've definitely gotta try out some different recipes. Mr. Noodles can be delicious as heck with the right additions or cooking method. Then again I actually enjoy a regular bowl of Mr. Noodles with some wieners thrown in.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 11:02:10 PM »
I have to add like a tablespoon or two of soy sauce to every ramen I have personally but that's probably because I was raised with my dad's Hawaiian-Chinese cooking.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 04:51:07 AM »
Only The Manimal could pull off a thread like this!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
Mr. Noodles : Vegetable

Oh boy, this time it's vegetables so...that means it's good for you right? Vegetables make it all good yes? Well, I don't know let's see okay?

SECRET INGREDIENT!

SOY SAUCE!

On looks everything seems to be normal. All I smell is the soy sauce, I put maybe too much in. I do not detect much of a vegetable aura. For tastes the soy sauce has certainly added something to the mix, making the noodles taste less plain as they where before. With a flavor as vague as vegetable I am not sure what to look out for. Corn? Broccoli? I don't taste much in that regard, it's all soy sauce. I do like to get vegetable flavor as it's very tame and doesn't do anything to overpower the taste of...boring old noodles. 

When drinking the brath...brauth....barf...water you can see how all the taste kind of escapes to the bottom. I can defiantly pick out the flavor, it tastes like...every vegetable at once in this very strange mix up.

I find this bowl to be pretty decent. It's hard with these Mr. Noodle reviews since it all kind of depends on how I make it, as in how long it cooks and all. and this time with the addition of an outside ingredient. I am also eating other things on the side, so maybe my views are not as sharply focused this time around. The thing I love about noodles is bunching them all together and slurping em down. I also like to hold them up as high as I can and slowly lower them into my mouth like a crane.

As I go lower into the bowl the taste improves. The soaked noodles naturally hold more flavor.

Overall Mr. Noodles  Vegetable noodles are still instant noodles and fall under the same issues I have with the other kinds. However with the addition of a little soy sauce everything tastes a lot better and I do like the light touch of the vegetable flavor, even if I don't know what it is...There is still something hard to describe that I don't like about Mr. Noodles, but overall this bowl is not the worst ever but I know there's better. But I don't feel terrible after it. This is my preferred brand of Mr. Noodles.

5/10