November 23, 2017, 01:56:57 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Destiny Wanderers  (Read 2226 times)

Offline UnityCentrall

• Future King of the World
  • Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Chap 17: Border Patrol
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »
Here's Destiny Wanderers Chapter 17: Border Patrol, as well as a bit of filler... ;)

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Chapter 17: Border Patrol

It was Midday on the wasteland, a single van traversing across it. Wander was asleep in the back, Merc was wide awake in the driver's seat still. He constantly checked the back of the van, making sure that the children were okay. "Spirits...", Merc said to himself quietly. HE had never heard anything of the sort, then again, he'd never been away from Continent 3. Merc checked back at the kids, they all looked pretty young, none seemed older than 10, yet they'd seen more action than he had in the 2 years of time as a mercenary. They were still covered in bruises and sore marks. Merc turned back to face the open land in front of them. He sighed and stopped the van, getting out for a cigarette break. None were awake but him, it was too quiet.

"So, do you understand what you need to do?", A young Captain Johnson was speaking harshly towards a young bald man. "Y-yes sir...", he spoke quietly. "What did you say!?", the Captain seemed offended. The man quivered, "YESSIR!", he jumped when speaking. "Good, I'm glad we could resolve things peacefully. I didn't want to blow a hole into your other leg, too much hassle", Johnson put a pistol into a holster on his hip. The man stood, shivering. "Now then, Merrick was it?, your dorm is down the hall, second entrance on the left", Johnson points to the door. The man slowly limps out of the room. Once in the dorm room, a paramedic came to the bedside and carried him to the medical bay.

3 days passed, Merc was lying there, his leg finally healed. He wandered out of the area and was greeted by Capt.Johnson waiting for him. "There you are, come, training has started without you", Merc simply nodded and made his way over to the training area. The head nurse came over to Capt.Johnson, giving him a slap as soon as she could. "If you keep going on like this, he won't make it! He's lost a fifth of the blood in his body already and you'd better not expect him to perform on a semi-healed leg!", she shouted at the Captain. She had long, brown hair and was quite short as well, only coming up to the Captain's chest. Johnson sighed, "Can't you just back-off, that's my new trainee there!", He spoke quickly but was soon countered by the head nurse. "Yeah, well that won't be a good excuse when the top here about tat, you'd be stripped of everything!", the Captain sighed once more, "Well, if everything goes to plan then this will all be swept under the rug. Speaking of which, how are the recruits for the new commodore coming along?", He said. The head nurse turned and walked away, "Well, A 'Alex Thompson' is doing very well, he's the only one with an element after all". The Captain chuckled, "Merc, you have a destiny to fulfill", he spoke to himself, sinisterly.

Merc tossed his finished cigarette to the ground, jumping back into the van and starting it up again. With a slow roar, they departed once again. After a few minutes of driving, Wander awoke, slowly climbing into the passenger seat. "*Yawn*, so...how far away are we?", Wander spoke slowly. "I'd say another five minutes and we'll be at the coast", Merc answered. Suddenly, something appeared on the horizon. A giant wall blocked their view. "What the hell is that?!", Wander exclaimed. Merc answered quickly, "I thought you'd know out of any of us". They stopped the van a mile off from the wall, spotting a building and checkpoint tunnel attached. Wander walked up to the wall, it was made of solid metal and was at least as tall as a house. The top was covered in barbed wire and guard towers were scattered around. Wander dashed back to the van before they could spot them. "Alright, what do we do?", Merc asked. "I think we should break through it", Wander stated as Merc gave him a hit to the head, "D'you know how thick tha thing is? How would you break it?", Merc exclaimed. "It's alright, while i'm making a scene, you go through that checkpoint over there and i'll come through after, simple", Merc was stunned by Wander's plan. They both nodded and the plan came into action.

Merc revved the engine as Wander ran towards the wall. "HEY! I'M GONNA PUNCH THROUGH THIS WALL!!!", Wander shouted loudly. Merc charged the van towards the checkpoint as armed soldiers ran out towards Wander. Wander started flailing his arms around, seeming to attack the wall, he was soon surrounded by guns. Wander smiled, "Oh, so sorry. I didn't know this was a wall meant for keeping me in!", He spoke sarcastically, "Well, do you wanna see something cool?", nobody answered. "Flare!!", Wander erupted in flames, the soldiers opened fire as Wander escaped, towards the exit in his base form. "Later losers!!", he called back. All of a sudden, Wander ran into a steel wall, he fell over but quickly got up. A woman wearing a different uniform to the soldiers appeared, she was slightly shorter than wander and had mid-length silver hair. She clicked her fingers and wall of steel came out of te ground behind Wander. "Wander Xen Plorer, you're a wanted man", she spoke with no emotion. Wander readjusted himself, "Sorry, but i'm not looking for a relationship yet, thanks for offering though", Wander said cockily, looking her over. She was unfazed and got into a battle stance. "By the name of Officer Smith, you will be captured and executed". Wander sighed, "Well, I'm in a bit of a hurry", Wander said, dashing forward and choke-slamming the Officer. She was powerless, for some reason. She blushed. Wander got back up, hastily followed by Officer Smith, Wander wiped his hand on his hip. "Well, I didn't expect that", Wander said. Wander was then kicked in the back, pushing him forward. He turned and tried to counter with a punch but in the process, punched a steel wall. He reeled as the Officer roundhouse kicked Wander to the ground. She put her foot onto his neck, Wander was losing his breath quickly. She looked down on him with condescending eyes, "Nobody has ever treated me like that, that is why you will be punished, here and now", she pulled out a whip and cracked it against the ground. Wander, in an act of desperation, grabbed her thigh, squeezing tightly. She lost all power in that leg, letting Wander push her aside and getting up. "Hand-Cannon Launcher!", Wander called out, launching a force of wind towards the officer. She snapped her finders and a wall came up in front of her, Wander dashed and leaped over the wall, kicking her in the jaw and knocking her unconscious. Wander crouched over her, before promptly ripping open her top and placing his hand between her breasts. The wall that was blocking the soldiers from Wander was coming down quickly. Wander closed his eyes and focused, a small amount of light appearing from her chest, An orb appeared in Wander's hand, as soon as he had this, Wander ran towards the checkpoint.

Merc was waiting at the edge of the tunnel, the children now worried for Wander. Wander appeared from the entrance and jumped into the van from the back doors, "Drive!!", he shouted as Merc made the van set off quickly. Soldiers swarmed the entrance, firing at the van, Wander hastily closing the back doors as the gang made their getaway, after a good minute, they emerged from the tunnel. "We made it! Merc, Kids, this is Continent 4, home to New Topaz City, the biggest city in the world!".

Next Time on Destiny Wanderers:
New Topaz City! Wandering aimlessly
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 18: Continent 4 - New Topaz City

Just in time for 1500 views!!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:23:05 PM by UnityCentrall »
"When I die, I don't want you to mourn me. I don't want you to cry for me. I don't even want you to carry on my legacy. All I want you to do...Is to live on" - ???

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Bonus - 1500 views!
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »
Thank you all so much for 1500 views, I was going to get this out sooner but a few personal issues came up. Well, here you guys go! I'll see you again with another one at 2000 views!!

I hope you guys piece together where these entries go, they aren't just for show ;).

Spoiler

"Another one, lost...". A thin man was holding another in his arms, the other was limp and still. He laid the body down and stood slowly. He was wearing a cloak bearing the Government's sigil and underneath, nothing but a pair of sweat pants and sandals. He was incredibly thin but had very long, black hair. "That'd be 4 left besides myself", he spoke to himself.

The area was dark, and smelt of death. The walls were metal and silver, computers and research stations were scattered around in the 2 storey area, the top having an open wall that looked down onto the lower. Only one computer was active, layers of coding were spread across the screen. The thin man leaned over it and started inputting more text. A buzzer could be heard after each line was input and then immediately erased. After a good few minutes, he struck the screen at full force, no damage was done. He wandered over to the balcony, looking down and forced a louder voice, "Are you all still alive?", his accent was noticeably british. Silence for a few seconds before a pair of moans. "That's 2 now", the moans suddenly stopped and a quick grunt came from the same area before silence. The man sighed and slinked down the stairs, before collapsing on the last step, he groaned in pain.

He now sat at the back of the first floor, facing the door from the opposing side. Crawling up into a ball and tucking his head into his arms, he had never known despair like this. He looked to his side, a staff rolled to his side. It floated up and the tip pointed towards the door. He gritted his teeth, but the staff fell to the ground. Tears streamed from his face. He was quiet, he threw his robe to the center of the room. It was still dark, the walls and floors were coated with corpses, starved to death, beaten to death, suicide...He was the last one left, barely clinging on to life. He cried. He cried more, realizing there was nothing he could do. This wasn't fair. He didn't deserve this. His people didn't deserve this. He knew he wouldn't get out. So he didn't even attempt. He closed his eyes slowly, his stomach devouring itself, his throat rough like sandpaper, his mind torn apart.

"I hope...Somebody finds us...To...avenge us...".......

"When I die, I don't want you to mourn me. I don't want you to cry for me. I don't even want you to carry on my legacy. All I want you to do...Is to live on" - ???

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Chap 18: Continent 4 - New Topaz City
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
Destiny Wanderers Chap 18
Welcome back to another chapter of Destiny Wanderers! I hope you guys enjoyed the bonus from 1500 views, but now we're back! The start of the second saga shall commence!
1st Saga - Continent 3 - Outlaw's Wasteland (Ended)
2nd Saga - Continent 4 - New Topaz City (Started)

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Chap 18: Continent 4 - New Topaz City

The crew emerged from the tunnel with a harsh ray of light striking the van. In front of them lay a long open road with a humongous city waiting at the end. "Ah, it's nice to be on steady roads", Merc stated as Wander hopped into the passenger seat. "Wow, it's huge! I was honestly expecting less", Wander stated as the gang made their way towards the great city. The soldiers had stopped following them as soon as they exited the tunnel. Wander looked at the orb in his hands, it shined, as if it were metal but seemed to be a liquid of some sort. In wander's hands it looked like a shiny, grey bubble. "Merc, look at this", Wander said, holding up the orb. "I don't really wanna look away from the road right now Wander. We can't afford to fix this thing if we crash it or something", Merc replied, annoying Wander slightly. Wander sighed and placed the orb on his lap, putting both of his hands on either side of it. He tensed his arms and slowly, divided the orb, creating 2 smaller, identical orbs. Wander then placed one of the orbs underneath his t-shirt and onto his chest, absorbing the orb. Merc, surprisingly, saw this from the corner of his eye. He was confused. "What is that?", he asked cautiously. "'IT' is an element orb. It holds the power of an element inside of it", Wander said, stretching out. "So, do you absorb all of the through your chest?", Merc asked again. "Well, it's just the easiest way", Wander replied cheerfully, handing Merc the other orb. "Do you know what element it is?", Merc asked but Wander replied quickly, "Should be a type of metal, probably elementium". "What?", Merc hadn't heard of this metal. "It's pretty much a weaker version of titanium that isn't as heavy or stable but it can reduce damage from elemental attacks, sometimes nullifying them". Wander spoke with pride, showing his intelligence. "I don't like the idea of using elements. I'd rather win a fight using my own brains and brawn", Merc spoke pridefully, showing his determination, before quickly changing his mind and taking the orb. He absorbed it with ease. "When will I be able to use it then?", Merc asked. "Well, because you've never had an element in you before, it'll probably take about 2 hours to kick in, then you'll need to get a feel for the element. Pretty much, you've gotta know how to turn it on or off before knowing what you can do with it", Wander finished rambling and stuck his arm out in front of himself. "But, for somebody like me...", Wander stopped and tensed his arm. Suddenly, it was coated in a grey, shiny metal up to his elbow. "...It should work almost instantly". The kids in the back were amazed by this feat. They applauded whilst Merc scoffed. "It's rare to find elements like this, if at all. Usually it's just fire or electricity. Personally, I prefer the air", Wander chuckled as he finished speaking. Merc scoffed again. "I think I'll just take the one thanks", He spoke quickly.

The van entered the city through a small gateway, as soon as they got there, they hit traffic. But looking around, they were mesmerized. Skyscrapers were everywhere, taller than the eye could see, shops littered the sidewalks and people of all different races crowded the busy streets. This was...New Topaz City!

After getting through the first wave of traffic, The gang found themselves in the city center, Wander pointed out a parking space and Merc pulled over. Before exiting the van, Wander got into the back and helped the kids tuck in their tails and hide their ears inside the rags that they wore. He got out with them as Merc waited, lighting another cigarette. Merc locked the van as they went to explore. "Stay close to us at all times!", Merc ordered as the kids nodded. Wander checked his wallet, a pair of 200MnY bills were alone in there. "We should've picked up the bounty for that hunter guy", Wander said, placing his wallet back into his pocket. Merc put out his cigarette as they passed a bakery, "Well, it WAS your idea to come here first", Merc said. Wander noticed a store up ahead and pointed it out. It was a clothing store. Wander took the kids inside and Merc stayed outside to look at the surroundings. Wander waltzed up to the counter. "Hi, I was wondering...uh...Where are the changing rooms?", He asked to a store worker. He pointed them towards the back of the store. On their way there, they passed through the kid's section. Frank, Sally and Ed all picked out an outfit with a pair of shoes and socks to go with them. After changing, Wander made sure that none of them were revealing their Spirit features. He took them back to the counter. "That'll be 195MnY, please", the cashier stated as Wander sighed and, begrudgingly, handed over his 2 bills, getting a smaller bill as change. they exited the store and Merc returned to them. Ed and Frank had chosen almost identical outfits of shorts, hooded sweatshirts and cap with a pair of sneakers each, whilst Sally had chosen a red summer dress with a black beret and pumps. "Jeez, you're probably broke now, huh", Merc chuckled as Wander nodded sadly.

After more browsing and a quick meal, Ed spoke up. "So, where are we supposed to be going?", He asked Wander quietly. "There's a school nearby that we need to visit", He answered, the kids shuddered at the thought. "Why do we need to go to a school of all places?", Merc asked, lighting up another cigarette. "I know people outside of Continent 3, okay?", Wander replied as they turned a corner to be greeted with a large building that was behind a smaller garden. "That's it", Wander said, pointing towards the building. A sign reading 'New Topaz High'. They walked up the stairs and entered the building through huge, open walkways. Inside, there was a food court next to the large plaza that they were in. Walkways and balconies were everywhere above them, It was like a maze. Wander walked up to the reception desk, "Hi, is Melissa still here?", Wander asked. "Oh, you mean Principal Schwartz? She'll be in her office on the top floor, you can't miss it", she spoke kindly, as if she knew Wander. "Thanks", Wander replied, leading the gang to the nearest elevator and up to the 20th floor. Once there, they walked down a walkway before coming to a single door at the end. 'Principal's office'. Wander knocked twice. Then three times and finally once more. A voice could be heard from the other side of the door, slightly muffled. "Could you stop knocking?! I heard you the first time!", A woman from the other side spoke. Wander pushed the gang to the side and stood in the center of the doorway, clearing his throat. She opened the door. It was a semi-tall woman (she came up to Wander's nose) with rich, orange hair that was curled down past her waist. She wore a very tight white shirt and a straight black skirt as well as a pair of glasses, placed on the end of her nose. She had a pair of leather, high heeled boots on that made her seem taller than she actually was. Wander smiled and bowed, "Your majesty, I have returned from my epic quest to recover the holy grail", he spoke in an english accent as the woman started laughing. "Is that the best you've got, I expected you to be in a clown costume!", She laughed louder and Wander joined in. After a solid minute of laughing, she invited the 5 into her office. Wander and Merc sat down and the kids stood near the door at the edge of the room.

"So, who' the stud you brought with you?", she said out of the blue. Merc blushed heavily. "That's Merc, he's part of my gang now", Wander spoke cheerfully whilst Merc felt even more awkward. "And...the smuggled infants?", she stated as Wander quickly corrected her, informing her of their names and why their here. "Oh, spirits huh", she said nonchalantly. She stood up from behind her desk and rubbed hair hair, revealing a pair of orange fox ears, from behind her, a big bushy orange fox tail with a white tip appeared from thin air. She crouched in front of the kids and reassured them. "We'll get you guys home soon enough", she said lovingly. Merc stood up, confronting the woman. "What should we call you then?", Merc spoke confidently. Melissa rose back up and turned on her heels, she walked towards Merc and was inches away from his face. "My name is Melissa"...She looked him up and down, "...But you can call me Mommy", she winked after this as Merc had the most awkward sensation of his life. Wander giggled.

Is Melissa a new ally? How are the kids getting home?
Find out these questions and more in the the next Chapter of Destiny Wanderers!

Next time on Destiny Wanderers:
Melissa's Task! Murders?!
Destiny Wanderers Chap 19: Murders at Yandere High

Personally, i feel that this chapter is very filler heavy, but I'm glad that we can get underway with an arc that I've been waiting for since the beginning to show!!

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
Welcome back to Destiny Wanderers, after another break I know...

Well, let's get back into the story!!

Spoiler

Wander giggled as Merc's face became a darker shade of red. Melissa walked back over to her desk and sat down, Merc following suit and returning to his seat as well.
"Wander, I know you didn't come by just to say a quick hello and dash. What do you want?", Melissa spoke cheerfully and sarcastically. "Well, now that you mention it...", Wander replied but trailed off. A knocking was heard at the door. "I'm in the middle of something!", Melissa called out. "Principal Schwartz! It's happened again!", after this, Melissa sprang up, *Jiggle Physics Engage*. "Close of the school, NOW!", Melissa shouted, pressing a button hidden underneath her desk. A siren could be heard throughout the building as all exits to the outside world were blocked off. "I'll be there soon!", Melissa called as footsteps from outside the door got further and further away. "Alright, you 2!", she shouted, pointing at Wander and Merc. The 2 jumped out of their seats and stood to attention. "YES MA'AM!", They replied. "Go to the Janitor's closet and get some overalls and caps on. I don't want people getting scared because a gang is locked in with them", Melissa ordered. Wander and Merc nodded and ran out of the room and down to walkway and taking a right at the end. "IT'S THE OTHER WAY", Melissa called out as the 2 returned to the cross way and went in the opposite direction. Melissa walked over to the kids and comforted them, "Don't worry, just stay here. Kay?", The kids nodded and Melissa hid her Spirit parts and dashed out of the room, closing the door and locking it after her.

Melissa chased after the person who had been knocking. A crowd of people had formed in one of the lecture halls. Melissa pushed into the center, only to find a body. The corpse was covered in stab wounds and lying in an ever expanding pool of blood. Melissa covered her mouth with a look of disgust. "Everyone! Back away!", she called as the circle grew larger. Another voice called out, "Everyone, we need to get you all to a safe place. All of you will leave through the selected doorway". Another woman pushed her way into the center of the circle. She wasn't as tall as Melissa and wore a casual attire, sticking with a fleece and white pants. She had short blonde hair, tied bak with a head band. All of the students followed her instructions. "Principal, c'mon", she stated as Melissa followed the crowd to the exit. Before each student left, they were checked for anything suspicious.

Whilst this was happening, Wander and Merc wandered the hallways and classrooms, looking for the Janitor's closet. Finally, a blue door appeared. "Ah, that's gotta be it", Merc said with a quick sigh of relief. He grabbed the door knob and tried turning it, nothing. "Why is it locked?", Merc spoke, confused. "Don't worry! I got this!", Wander called from the other side of the hallway. Wander started running towards the door, getting faster and faster. Merc quickly dodged as Wander shoulder-barged the door, crashing into the room and destroying the door. Wander fell to the ground with a quick shout of pain. "Ahh, my knee!", Wander called clutching his knee and rubbing it better. The room was dark, but with the door open a small amount of light was let in. Merc entered and looked around. He quickly spotted the overalls and handed one to Wander as he slipped his on. Wander slipped his on as well and the 2 donned matching caps. "Alright, lookin' cool!" Wander proclaimed, checking himself out. "I never want to hear you say that...Ever", Merc replied with an annoyed sigh. The 2 emerged from the room, propping the broken door up next to it. "Time to find the big boss lady then", Wander proclaimed and the 2 started their search.

After each of the students had been checked and let out, the other woman left to secure the outside area. Melissa waved a good luck and turned to find Wander and Merc appearing from a nearby hallway. "Hey, Mel! Wait, if all of the students are outside, why do we need to wear these uniforms?", Wander questioned. Melissa sighed and pointed at all the students looking in on them from the outside, filming it with their phones. "ah, that explains it", Wander answered. "Alright, I need you 2 to find this killer", Melissa ordered. Wander and Merc gave her a confused look, tilting their heads in unison. "Ugh, go through that door there, then it's third on the left", she gave directions and the gang dashed towards the location.

The other woman was studying the exterior of the building somebody approached the area. A shorter man, wearing a long, black trench coat with the word "Commodore" plastered on the back in white. He wore a long sleeved t-shirt and beige shorts, he had a full head of blonde hair as well. "What seems to be the problem then", he spoke slowly, but with a slightly high-pitched voice. The other woman turned to find the smaller man standing there. "Oh, Commodore. It isn't anything serious. It's just a hazard drill", She spoke calmly, trying to drive the Commodore away. He chuckled and walked up to the blocked entrances at the front of the building. He looked inside and saw only Melissa. He soon returned to the other woman, "Well, I hope you wrap it up soon. People are getting concerned and if a Captain got word of this then I'd be thrown out on a whim, Ya Hear!?", The small commodore shouted, causing the woman to flinch. He dusted himself off and walked away, silently. The woman gave a sigh of relief and returned to surveying.

Wander and Merc returned with blank expressions. Melissa started giving out her plan. "I need you 2 to find this killer and get them secured, no killing, no bloodshed and NO destruction!", Melissa gave her orders. Wander gave a disappointed "aww", before being hit in the back of the head by Merc. "I'll be searching too, but you should stay together", Melissa stated, Wander and Merc nodded as they split up and diverted into opposing hallways. Melissa dashed around, darting in and out of rooms, revealing her Spirit abilities. Wander and MErc split up between rooms to search for more.

"Don't Worry, my love", A young girl was in a pitch black room, holding a boy in her arms, his hands and feet tied together, his clothes were stained red. "They won't find you..."

Next Time on Destiny Wanderers!
Showdown with a Maniac! Wander's Lie
Destiny Wanderers Chap 20: Of Spirits and Spirit Wielders

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Chap 20: Of Spirits and Spirit Wielders
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »
After the last chapter, this arc is starting to get interesting!!

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Chapter 20: Of Spirits and Spirit Wielders

Wander and Merc darted in and out of rooms, searching for any shred of evidence to go off of. Wander closed one of the classroom doors behind him as he exited. "I feel like this is a lost cause", Wander said, stretching out his legs quickly. Merc returned from another room opposite Wander. "What makes you say that?", Merc asked. "Well, if I were a murderer...", Merc gives Wander a stern look, "Not that I am! I'd probably have good knowledge of the location, knowing the ins and outs as well as secret passages. Then I'd choose a time and location to strike on a pre-determined victim. Only an idiot would lash out without a backup plan", Wander spoke with vigor, making Merc nervous. "Your point is?", Merc questioned. "We're looking for either a student or a teacher that has access to any secret passages that nobody else would know about as well as knowing the layout of the campus". Wander eyes suddenly grew larger as he realised something. He gasped and suddenly took off back towards the main lobby. "Where are you going!?", Merc called out, following close behind. "We need to get back to the Janitor's closet!", Wander shouted back as the 2 darted towards their destination.

"I want everyone to remain calm!", The woman who had helped guide the students shouted out in the crowd. She wore a name badge bearing the words 'Ms. Frappe' (Pronounced 'Frap'). "I want everyone to listen up!", She called again. The students heard this and gathered around her. She stood confidently. "All of you shall have the day off. Lessons shall resume as normal starting next week. That is all", She spoke with a slightly high-pitched voice. The students slowly started to leave the area. As they dispersed, a slightly shorter man appeared. He had a blonde comb-over and a stubble with small, beady eyes. He was barely shorter than Frappe. He wore sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt as well as beaten sneakers. Over all of that though, he wore a black trench-coat with the words 'Commodore' plastered across the back with white writing. Behind him stood a pair of tall, well-built bodyguards, dressed in suits and wearing sunglasses. They towered over everyone. "What seems to be happening here?", He spoke with a gritty, high-pitched voice. Frappe cringed a bit as she prepared an answer. "Well, We were doing an experiment and it got a little out of hand", She shrugged as she said this, trying to play it off as an accident. "Would that explain those 2 men?", The Commodore spoke out, pointing into the building and towards a confused Wander and Merc looking for their way at the main lobby. Frappe froze for a moment, peering into the building and noticing the 2. She quickly turned towards the Commodore and shrugged once again, letting off a fake embarresed smile, "Ehehe. Those are the new janitors we are testing! Yeah, we were giving them a trial tody but an experiment went wrong so they're here to clean up!", She spoke quickly, attempting to get the commodore to leave. "Oh, that's fine. But none of you teachers will be paid for the days needed to fix this!", The Commodore spoke out. Frappe snapped inside. "Wait WHAT!?", She called out. The Commodore turned and started to walk away. "Oh yes, and all of your pays will be cut as off next week", He spoke louder, letting all of teachers in the area know. Frappe clenched her hands into fists, but just stood their, watching him walk away. "My pay can't get any lower, I RUN this city after all", He snickered maniacally. He left with his bodyguards in tow. Frappe sighed an scratched the back of her head, "What's Mel gonna say about this?", She said to herself.

Wander and Merc were still standing in the main lobby, thinking to where they came from. "Was it that way?", Wander asked, followed by a swift, "No", from Merc. "This Way!", Wander shouted as he dashed toward an entrance, followed closely by Merc. After a good minute of running, they came to the Janitor's closet, the door was still broken. Wander entered the room, still pitch black. No lights in there. He snapped his fingers, creating a small flame. Wander instantly noticed a strange looking air vent cover, it was beaten and was only propped up against the wall. Merc formed a pistol and Wander took a deep breath as he slowly removed the cover, revealing an opening to a hole. "Welp, the only way now is down", Wander said as he carefully got into the opening and disappeared into the darkness. Merc shivered in his place, but followed soon after.

Melissa came to the main lobby, only to find Frappe waiting by the entrance. Melissa walked over to the door and Frppe entered the building. "Have you seen anything outside?", Melissa asked. Frappe explained what had happened with the Commodore briefly. "What!? He can't do that!", Melissa shouted. "We need to sort this out and fast! Where are those 2 'Janitors' You called in?", Frappe asked. Melissa had a sudden realization, "Oh Crap! Where are they!?", She called out, peering back into the building. The lobby was empty, hey were nowhere to be seen.

Wander landed on a soft mattress with a thud, he quickly moved, letting Merc get a soft landing. Merc stood and looked at where they were. Underground, but it looked high tech, futuristic. "Was this a laboratory?", Wander asked. "I'd heard about a research lab that never saw the light of day but I never thought those stories were true", Merc spoke out. Wander went into his 'Flare Drive' creating light for the 2 to make their way around. The saw a single doorway in the room that they were in. Wander tried to open it, but it was automatically locked. Merc and Wander came up with an idea, reeling back and getting ready for a punch. "Hand-Cannon...", Wander called out, reverting from his fiery form. "Heavy...", Merc called, flexing his arm and tensing his muscles. The 2 stepped forward and hit the door as hard as they could with a pair of punches, "...Assault Rifle!!!", The door shot into the next room, creating a tremendous noise. Wander heard a noise and quickly ducked, dodging a knife being thrown. In this new room, lights were everywhere. Only a teenage girl and boy were in the room. The boy was pale, his neck had bruises and his eyes were dull. Merc gasped. The 2 looked towards the girl's direction. "How dare you disturb me during Senpai's Birthday!", She called out. She held a bloody knife in her hand and her clothes were soaked in the stuff. "Found the killer", Wander said, standing back up. She smiled, freakishly. She took a step towards the 2 and they both flinched. She giggles to herself. "Merc, don't shoot her, we need her alive", Wander says, Merc puts his firearm away with this statement. Wander stepped forward and cracked his knuckles. "Hey Merc...", Wander says, "Do you wanna know ho I met Melissa?", He asked. "Kinda a bad time", Merc answered. Wander tensed up and was enveloped with a golden aura, fox ears and tail forming on him.

"I'm a Spirit Wielder, the counterpart to a spirit", Wander says confidently. The girl attempts throwing another knife, but Wander grabs her hands in an instant. He flipped her over his head and slammed her onto the ground, causing her to lose consciousness. "That was overkill!", Merc called as Wander brushed his hands off. "You're explaining this to me as well, not now though", Merc said, gesturing to Wander's new features. Wander smiled and sighed. "Looks like we aren't very good Janitors".

Next Time on Destiny Wanderers!:
The Abandoned Research Team!? An Unexpected Find!
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 21: "Wander Xen Plorer, My life is now in your hands!"

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
This arc is finally starting to get good. Sorry about the short story just then too ';)
Now we're getting into the good stuff! Also, thank you all for over 1800 views! We're almost at 2K!!

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Chapter 21: "Wander Xen Plorer, my life is now in your hands!"

Wander and Merc were still surrounded by darkness, pitch black nothingness as far as they couldn't see.
"So, Is there an exit?", Merc asked as Wander picked up the girl and slung her over his shoulder, "I don't know but there IS another one of those doors", Wander said, pointing over to another large metal sliding door on the far side of the room. It was identical to the last that was now in pieces on the ground behind them. "What about this kid?", Merc pointed at the boy lying still. "Cover him up and bring him with us", Wander said, not looking towards him. Merc wrapped him up in the janitor's clothes, taking his off and now looking default. Wander took his clothes off as well and the 2 returned to looking like they were homeless. "Remind me to get us some new duds when we're done. In fact, Mel owes me this time". This door opened, surprisingly, with the scraping noise of metal following. Wander noticed the tracks below and above the door. Both were rusty and broken. "How the hell?", Wander proclaimed, Merc reaching for his pistol. Nothing, the next room was empty. All that met them was another door and stairs leading upwards.

Melissa dashed around the complex, finally coming across the janitor's closet and destroyed door. "Ack! I should've given them the key", she told herself, facepalming. She walked in but noticed nothing. "Where the hell are they?", she stated, leaving and going to check on more rooms. Frappe waited outside, anxiously. she turned and noticed the hatch to the school's basement storage. The door shook and rattled. Frappe ran over and hesitatingly opened the hatch. Wander and Merc leaped from the opening. they lay on the grass and panted. "Thank F4ck!", Wander shouted, still showing his spirit features. Merc rubbed his eyes and squinted to the sky. Frappe took a step back in shock. Melissa noticed from the lobby and exited the building. "There you are!", she noticed the girl passed out, "Is that the killer?", she asked. Wander sat upright and nodded. Melissa sighed, "So much potential wasted, she was almost top of the class in every subject". Melissa picked the girl up, "What is that?", she asked. Merc stood and handed the covered body to Frappe. "It's a casualty", Merc answered slowly. Frappe nodded and carried the student away from the building and out of sight. "She knows what to do", Melissa said, following behind. "Can you 2 stay here for a few minutes?", Melissa asked. The 2 nodded. She left them and with a sigh of relief, Wander and Merc collapsed. "We need a break", Merc said. "I heard that there's a hot springs nearby, should we go?", Wander asked in reply. "Yeah, sounds cool", Merc answered, giving Wander a fistbump.

"Hey, what do you think was behind that door?", Wander asked. "I don't know, but you're gonna find out on your own. I'm gonna take a breather", Merc started to relax. Wander sighed and returned to the hatch, not closing it behind him as he descended back into the basement. He passed through the storage area and found the hole in the wall that Merc had made to exit the facility. Wander made his way through and back down the stairs into the darkness. He had grabbed a lamp on his way through the storage area and placed it on the ground, lighting it soon after. The area was illuminated but still looked the same. Wander rubbed his hands together and walked up to the door, taking a deep breath in. He pushed his hands into the area where the doors connected. "Haaaaah!!!", Wander yelled. The doors jittered and shook. It moved an inch, not enough. "Come on!!!", Wander shouted, now being being able to get his hands firmly into place. He yelled louder, pushing the doors apart. "HAH!!!". The doors shuddered and creaked ad with a jolt, Wander had opened the door. He panted. He was sweating, what a workout. He looked up and saw only one thing. A thin man wearing a cloak around him. He was curled up into a ball and wasn't moving. Wander garbbed his lamp and walked into the room. It was empty, but not clean. Bodies were scattered, all skinny and bare. they wore the same, simple uniform. Each baring the government symbol.

Wander hadn't moved an inch after seeing this. Something twitched out of the corner of his eye, he darted to look at it. The man who was curled up looked at Wander, tears in his eyes and dying. He slowly stood up, grabbing a staff to help. "You there", he spoke quietly, not having enough energy to enforce his voice. Wander said nothing, the man slowly staggered towards him. "I...am Wander Xen Plorer, the Outlaw", He spoke with vigor. The man kept moving. "I will help you!", Wander called, the man fell onto Wander, clutching Wander's back in a painful hug. "Thank you", he said in a coarse voice. "I wasn't going to die here", he stated. Wander smiled and put the man's arm over his back and helped him out of the room. He still held his staff in the other hand, helping him walk. "We need to hurry, you need some food!", Wander said, speeding them up and eventually leaving the facility. He sat the man down at the broken wall. Wander looked around the storage area for any food, there was only a small amount of bread there. He grabbed it and handed it to the man, This man pretty much swallowed it whole. He stood on his own now. Wander helped him out of the area and finally into the sunlight. "MERC!!! I NEED AS MUCH FOOD AS POSSIBLE!!", Wander called, Merrick jumped and noticed the man. "HURRY!!", Wander called. merc said nothing and darted off.

"Wander, was it?", The man asked, laying on the ground. "Yeah, that's right", Wander confirmed.

The man stood, staff in hand. "I am Mist Isaac Que! A Psychic and a Researcher for the Government. They tried to kill all of us off by sealing us in there! I thank you, no!", He stuck his staff in the ground. "Wander Xen Plorer! My Life Is Now In Your Hands!!", cried out, tears streaming. Wander sat and smiled. "You're welcome, now c'mon, don't use up too much energy".

Old Topaz City? Mist and the government
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 22: The Last Psychic

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Bonus! 2000 Views & Anniversary!!!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »
Thank you all for over 2000 views!!! It's been over a year now and I'm bundling this with the 1 year anniversary special! (Sorry for the delay on that, I thought I started this in mid November). For anniversaries or special events (maybe every 1k views from now on, idk) I've decided to use the title "Destiny Wanderers Legends", these will be side stories about legends in the Destiny Wanderers world, taking place between arcs to add a small amount of continuity. I don't know whether to class them as canonical or not, so you guys can think what you want about it.

So, sit back, relax, and get comfortable because it's storytime!

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Legends: The Light of El Dorado

There is an old legend, passed down through generations. Some even speculate that it was around even before elements and spirits appeared and changed the world forever. A fair few still believe in what most call a kid's story. There was a tale that had hundreds upon thousands of outlaws searching across both the Old World and the New World for the legend that was "The City of El Dorado"! This was huge! The search went global in a matter of days and nobody hadn't heard of it, until a year later. The year was 2506, the search for the city of gold was still at large and most had given up. 1 Strong Outlaw hadn't though. Her name was Carmen Minerai, she was the daughter of a prospector and a semi-famous Outlaw, head of a gang named "The Rocky Rumblers". After a falling out among themselves, she went on her own to find the city. After digging for a week straight, she found it. In a man-made mine on the edge of Continent 3, she found the city of gold. She told everyone she could and became the richest person in the world. She had become infamous throughout the worlds. Then, in a tragic event, her old gang members found her and murdered her in broad daylight. They took her and buried the body in the same mine the city had been found in. As they covered the body, a bright light appeared from where the city had supposedly been and engulfed the crew. No bodies were found, not even Carmen's. The City had vanished too, just a large cavern. The legend was lost, until outlaws kept searching for the city and only found the light. The light became a legend on it's own, and to however found it, great fortunes would follow. Outlaws seek this prize to become more than outlaws, but around 500 years have passed and nobody is any closer to that fortune. The light is nowhere to be found.

"So, what's on the menu?", Wander asked, putting his arms behind his head and leaning back to rest on the walls of the van. Merc shrugged as he continued driving the van. The spirit children were passed out in the back, still tired from the days of travelling. "Check the bags, I think we've still got some meat left over", Merc finally replied. Wander slowly sat upright and leaned towards the bags nearby. "I'm feeling some smoked pork tonight", Wander decided, pulling out a small slab of pork from one of the bags. "It's gonna get dark soon, so pull over", Wander stated. Merc nodded at this and slowed the van down to a halt. The afternoon sun was setting above the horizon and Wander was smoking the pork, whilst Merc was regular smoking. Wander took a whiff and gave of a few excited noises from the scent. Merc put out his cigarette and sat down next to the fire, rubbing his hands together. "Hey, kiddos! Come and get some grub!", Wander called, waking the spirits up and getting them to slump out of the van and next to the fire. Wander dished the food up and they started to feast.

The fire burned brightly through the darkness of the night. An hour had passed since the meal and Wander laying on the van's roof, staring at the stars. Merrick was sitting at the van's side door, guarding the area. "Hey Merc!", Wander called, leaning over the roof's edge and looking at Merc. "Do you see that star?", Wander asked, pointing to a golden star. "Oh, Isn't that an Outlaw legend?", Merc questioned. Wander dropped down from the roof and stood next to Merc. "Bingo! That's the light of El Dorado. I've heard rumors back in Tumbleweed about the mine that it was supposed to be", Wander smiled. Merc sighed, "Let me guess, you want to go there?". At that moment, a gust of wind picked up, the van rocked a bit and the suspension creaked. The ground moved with the wind, knocking both Wander and Merc off balance, and then, nothing. It was as if nothing had happened. Merc readjusted his tattered clothes as Wander rubbed his head. "Was that an earthquake?", Wander asked. Merc looked out into the darkness, "I don't see anything", Merc answered. Wander grabbed a piece of wood from the fire and lit it, using it as a makeshift torch. Merc formed his pistol, closing the van's door and locking it. "Let's go", Wander said, leading Merc into the darkness.

They wandered for a good minute until the van was clearly out of sight, they were blind except for the light in Wander's hand. Something rustled from behind them, Merc darted around and aimed his pistol at the darkness. "Who's there!?", Merc called. "Merc, I don't think that's a good idea", Wander said. Merc turned to find that Wander had a knife at his neck. A man wearing all black and a pair of night-vision goggles was holding Wander hostage. Merc felt a knife behind his neck and stood completely still. "Come with us, resist and you will be eliminated", one of the figures spoke out, threatening the pair. The figures dragged them off into the darkness. Nearby was a derelict mine-shaft, bordered off from the outside. Wander and Merc squinted to make out the shaft's entrance. It was small, barely fitting an adult and thin. The dragged Wander and Merc through the gap and into the darker cave.

Lights flickered inside, more figures moving stone and rock, digging and searching. The 2 were finally left in front of a door. As it opened, they found a stout man in a business suit and bowler hat. He smiled when he saw Wander and Merrick. "Ah, you two are the Destiny Wanderers. Yes?", he spoke slyly, asking them a question. Wander nodded, slowly followed by Merc. "Good. How would you boys like to work for me for a bit?", He put his hands together and pointed the question to them. Wander and Merc looked at each other, confused. "Oh, I should explain what I want you to do first of all", he grabbed a lantern and lead the pair out of the shaft and into a larger cave. "In legends, this is where the City of El Dorado was". He pointed to machinery darted around the place, carving out the ground and causing small earthquakes. "I am Mr. Antonio. I run a small mining business and I've taken the task of finding this legend". Merc noticed people along the sides of the cave, their ankles were chained up and attached to a post nearby.

They returned to the office after the small tour. Mr. Antonio sat down in his chair and smiled once again. "So, you boys want to work with me?", Antonio asked. Wander squinted and Merc didn't seem pleased. "I don't...", Wander was cut off as the lights went out. They were knocked out cold.

Wander came too, cuffs around his ankles and a pick-axe next to him. A figure came near, signalling to Wander to start digging. Wander stood, holding his head. Merc was already working, digging away at the wall. "Damn, we let our guard down", Wander said, picking up his pick. Merc spoke up, "We could take 'em, I've had a look around and none of them have any firearms. The only problem is...", Merc pointed towards the cuffs. "...Elementium. I can't summon my guns and you can't use the air", Merc stated, continuing to dig. Wander suddenly had an idea. "Merc, stay still for a moment", Wander said, pulling back his pick. "As soon as the cuffs drop, start shootin' the cuffs off of the other prisoners", Wander continued, slamming the pick onto Merc's cuffs, breaking them apart. Merc formed his pistol and ran towards the other workers. Wander reeled back and took out his own cuffs. The guards had noticed this and started running towards Wander and Merc. "Nobody keeps me imprisoned! Hand-Cannon Launcher!!", Wander yelled, blowing away most of the guards. He helped Merc free the workers, letting them escape through the shaft. "Yeah! Go on!!", Wander called as a crowd of people dashed out of the cave. Antonio appeared out of the crowd, staring down Wander and Merc.

"How dare you!! I was so close!", he yelled, charging them. "You got this", Merc said, dodging out of the way. Wander smirked and charged towards his enemy. They both punched at the same time, their fists clashing. They both backed away, "You're pretty good", Wander said, stretching out. Antonio dashed forward and headbutted Wander, knocking Wander back, followed by a swift kick to the gut. Wander landed on his feet and readied a 'Hand-Cannon Launcher'. Antonio stopped him by striking his arm, making Wander slide a few feet back. Wander felt something small at his feet. An unlit stick of dynamite. Wander snapped his fingers together, creating a spark and lighting the explosive. He picked it up and launched an attack. "Hand-Cannon Dynamite Launcher!!!", He launched the stick at an amazing speed towards Antonio, causing it to explode on contact. Dust was kicked up, blinding Wander. Suddenly, Antonio appeared and drop-kicked Wander, sending him to the ground. Wander rubbed his eyes and finally came to, getting up and dodging a sucker-punch from Antonio. Wander charged again, "Hand-Cannon...", Wander swung his arm back and clicking the air lock. He leaped at the last minute and swung his arm overhead, "...HAYMAKER!!!", Wander's attack connected, hitting Antonio square in the face and swinging his face right into the ground. Wander jumped back, grabbing a pick-axe. Antonio got back up, his face was burned and angry. "The legend was mine! I WAS GOING TO BE RICH!!", He darted towards Wander. Wander chuckled, reeling back with a pick-axe. "I'll show you what your after!!!", Wander called. Antonio was face-to-face with Wander. "HAH!", Wander yelled, swinging his pick-axe upwards, spiking the enemy upwards. He was suspended in midair for a few seconds, Wander took his chance. "Hand-Cannon...". Wander dashed beneath Antonio, giving out and under-arm punch, "SHOTGUN!!!", Wander swung his arm upwards, towards Antonio, hitting him dead-center in the gut. "NOOOOO!!!", Antonio screamed out in pain. Wander finished his attack, finally launching Antonio upwards, hitting the roof of te cave and breaking straight through it, Antonio opened his eyes. The sun was rising, he smiled. "YES!! The light...of El Dorado...Come to ME!!!", he called, being blinded by the sun and falling back into the cavern.

Merc was waiting outside of the shaft, watching the sunset. Wander slung himself out of te shaft, even more tattered than before. Wander smiled at Merc. Merc sighed and shrugged as they departed to head back to the van. Wander looked back at the cave, there was a bright light in the shape of a figure. It bowed to Wander and waved as it faded away. Wander smiled and the 2 returned to their adventure. "So, after we heal up, are we still gonna head over to Continent 4?", Merc asked, finally noticing the van in the distance. "Hell yeah. But I need some more grub", Wander answered, chuckling to himself.

Thank you for reading! I'll see you in the next chapter of Destiny Wanderers!!!

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Chap 22: The Last Psychic
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Welcome back to another chapter of Destiny Wanderers!
Lets jump back in, shall we?

Spoiler

Destiny Wanderers Chap 22: The Last Psychic

Wander paced back and forth, waiting for Merc's arrival with supplies. He kept glancing towards the pathway leading to the school, it was empty still. Mist lay on the ground, staring up to the sky and basking in its glory. "It has been almost 5 months since I've seen this sky. It's still as beautiful as I remember it", He spoke quietly to himself. Wander overheard and chuckled. At the edge of the large school entrance, Merc appeared with a small plastic bag. "Hey! Wander!", Merc called out. Wander turned towards Mist and helped him sit upright. Merc arrived and pulled from the bag a small loaf of wholemeal bread, a stick of butter and a bottle of water. "Here, this is all we could afford". Wander rubbed the back of his head, "Just, spread te butter onto the bread", Wander said slowly. Merc did just that and slapped some of he butter onto the bread and used another slice to spread it around. Merc handed the 'Sandwich' to Wander, he broke it up into small pieces and fed them to Mist one at a time, followed by a few swigs of water. Mist blinked a few times and slowly got up on his own. He stretched out, his bones could be heard cracking into place as he did so. Merc and Wander prepared another 'sandwich' for him and ate alongside the man. They finished the supplies in a matter of minutes, each taking a sigh of relief afterwards. "Would it be bad if I said that this was the best meal I've ever had?", Mist asked, sitting upright once again. Wander smiled, "Just wait until I cook us something!", Wander stated. Merc rolled his eyes at the statement, "Yeah right, you've almost burned everything I let you cook", Merc remarked. "Yeah! Almost~", Wander smirked. Mist smiled at this.

Melissa finally returned to the group, the look of confusion hit her as she saw Mist. "Oh my god! Are you okay?", she knelt down next to Mist. "He should be fine for now, just needs to get some meat on 'im!", Wander explained. Melissa still looked confused. Wander explained what had happened to her, government base an' all. Melissa was taken aback. "I'm so sorry! I should've known about this", Melissa apologized. "No, it's fine now", Mist reassured Melissa. Melissa wiped a tear from her eye and introduced herself, the 2 sharing a handshake. "Oh! I almost forgot, here's your pay", she recalled, handing Wander a handfull of bills making 500MnY. Wander gave out a "Yes!" under his breath, sliding the bills into his pocket. "Wait, what about the kids?", Wander asked. "While I was gone, I gave my co-worker the key to my office. She's gonna take care of them whilst we're busy", Melissa explained. "Cool, she knows right?", Wander asked in reply. Melissa nodded. "Good, I couldn't imagine what would happen if the public knew", Wander exclaimed, remembering to hide his spirit features, followed by Melissa. "I wish people wouldn't discriminate", Merc said, when their attention went towards Mist, holding his staff. "If anyone asks, he's cosplaying", Wander said quickly.

"Systems almost fully operational. Power supply? 15% left on both units, charging mechanisms failed", A monitor flashed. "Damn! Release them, I want that Outlaw destroyed!", The Commodore yelled, one of his bodyguards was typing on a small computer. "Commodore Jones, sir. I will activate them immediately, but they will be unstable and may cause destruction to parts of te city, not to mention they'll only be active for 20 minutes", The bodyguard spoke as the Commodore smiled. "Do it", he spoke loudly. "R-O Units 20 & 19 have been reactivated", the computer stated. The Commodore smiled. "Nobody pulls the wool over Commodore Jones' eyes!", he yelled, laughing.

Deep in the government base that had been locked away, 2 chambers opened. A pair of identical androids emerged, completely robotic and looking like human sized Transformers. They glanced at each other and nodded, breaking down the walls in front of them and noticing the exit Wander had created.

"I guess our jobs are down here then", Wander said, stretching out. "What about our clothes?", Merc asked, glancing at the pairs tattered clothes. "I would agree with Merrick", Mist spoke out. "All right, looks liek we're shopping!", Wander called out. Melissa followed behind them. "I'll show you guys around then", she said, leading the group away from the school. Suddenly, a loud 'BANG' was heard from the storage area. Wander walked back over to the hatch and peeked inside, nothing. He shut the latch and dashed back over to the group. As soon as he returned, the latch blew open, destroying the door. The group watched as 2 android emerged, standing side by side and facing the group. "Targets scanned. Wander Xen Plorer, bounty of 3000MnY. Danger rating of 65%. Merrick Gunman, bounty of 2550. Danger rating of 50%. Mist Isaac Que, no bounty. Danger rating of 90%. Melissa Strauss, no bounty. Danger rating of 90%. Main targets are the Psychic and the Spirit", The androids spoke in unison. They got into mirroring battle stances. Wander smirked and stood in front of the group, "Don't worry, I'll take these guys. Merc, get Mel and Mist out of here!", Wander yelled Merc nodded, leading the 2 away from the androids.

"Targets escaping, pursuing imminently", They were in unison. "Oh yeah?! How about now?!", Wander called, transforming into his 'Spirit Wielder' form. The Androids flinched. "Wander Xen Plorer, Danger Rating 95%, engaging target", they spoke out. Wander reverted back and chuckled. The pair dashed forward, punching at the same time with mirroring attacks. Wander caught the punches with his own hands, struggling to hold the 2 back. He was thrown backwards, barely landing on his feet. 20 dashed towards Wander, swinging their arm upwards. Wander dodged, moving further backwards. 19 had moved behind and attacked with a powerful kick, throwing Wander into 20's punch, sending Wander floorbound. 20 reached towards Wander's neck, 19 getting closer as well. Wander reacted quickly, hooking his legs around 20's neck and throwing him to the side. Wander got up, his back to the school now. 19 dashed towards Wander with another kick. Wander retaliated with a 'Hand-Cannon Rifle' and the 2 clashed, a small shockwave could be felt in the immediate area. Wander saw his opportunity and let off another 'Hand-Cannon Rifle' with his other arm, making a dent in 19's chest. They landed on their feet, glancing at their chest. Wander smirked, before being sucker-punched by 20. Wander was stunned. 19 returned to 20 and they redied an attack. They dashed forward with the same attack that Wander had blocked, this time it connected, launching Wander through the building and out the other side. Wander slid into the road, stopping traffic instantly. 19 and 20 dashed towards the downed Wander. Suddenly, 20 was hit by a shot from a sniper rifle. 19 looked towards the sound. Merc was deforming his sniper rifle. "Wander! I've got your back!", Merc called, readying himself. 19 launched themselves towards Merc, readying a punch. Wander leaped in the way, punching 19 quickly. "They're fast!", Merc stated. 20 got back up, a whole in the side of their head. "So, any plans?", Wander asked. Melissa appeared from behind them and stood to their side. "We hit them, REALLy hard", she stated. 20 launched forward towards Wander, Merc blocking the attack, but being kicked by 19. Melissa roundhouse kicked 20, but nothing happened. "Ow!!", she recoiled, clutching her leg. "Mel! Get back!", Wander called, catching a punch from 20.

Melissa limped out of the way quickly, Wander defending her. Merc wasn't getting anywhere with his fight. 19 was dodging around Merc, avoiding each of his punches. 19 leapt into the air, spinning and attacking Merc with a spin kick. Wander noticed this and jotted it down in his memory. Merc moved out of the way just in time. 19 rebounded from this attack and swiftly bodyslammed Merc. Merc landed on his side, reeling from the attack. 19 jumped and used another spin kick. Merc closed his eyes, bracing himself. Nothing. Merc opened his eyes to see the world in a slightly blue tint, time had stopped. He stood up, looking around, time had indeed stopped. "What the?", Merc asked himself. He then remembered 19's attack. He stepped out from beneath the android, placing a claymore down for when time resumed. He leaped out of the way as time resumed, 19 missed and hit the claymore. A huge explosion happened, almost catching Wander, Merc and 20 in the blast. rubble from the road was everywhere, people had formed a crowd around the area watching the fight. Wander and 20 were going blow for blow, punch for punch and kick for kick. They were at a stalemate. 20 noticed 19, the explosion had taken a tole on the R-O unit, most of the armour had been destroyed and parts were burned off. 20 dodged Wander's next attack and ran towards 19, checking them over. Wander and Merc got closer, surveying the 2. An electric field covered the 2, a shield of sorts. Wander tried to punch the shield, finding out that punching an electric shield isn't one of his brighter ideas. Once emerged, 20 looked different. They were taller, more armoured and looked more intimidating overall. "R-O Units 19 & 20 have combined. Danger levels now halved for all targets", 20 glanced around, looking at mainly Wander and Melissa. Suddenly, a voice called out, "Take this!!", Mist cried. He darted towards 20, staff in hand and swinging it over his head, the rubble from the road glowed with a purple aura. Each piece was pulled to the tip of Mist's staff, forming a gient ball of tarmac over the wooden staff's end. Mist leapt into the air and threw his staff overhead as if it were a giant mallet. "Psycho Slammer!!", Mist called, landing the blow and slamming the attack onto 20, causing 20 to be sent towards the ground. Mist landed behind the android, catching his breath. Wander and Merc launched forward and threw their combo attack. "Heavy Hand-Cannon Assualt Rifle!!", They hit the android with an immense force, breaking through the armour and forming a hole straight through. "Systems failing, battery power depleted. Shutting down...", the mech stated, blasting into several different pieces. Mist was passed out on the ground as the crowd around them erupted in cheers. "Sh!t! We need to get out of here before any more come!", Wander yelled, slinking Mist over his shoulder and leading the overs away from the crowd. "There!", Melissa yelled, pointing towards a subway tunnel that was chained up. Wander leapt over the chain wall, followed by Melissa and Merc.

In the station underground, lights were still on but it was abandoned. "Whew. That was tough", Wander said, wiping some blood from his lip. Merc helped Melissa with her injury, Mist awakening during this time. The crew were stuck. "What were those?!", Wander yelled in confusion. Nobody answered. "I think I remember a project that the government was working on concerning the R-O units", Mist answered. "Wait, R-O? I thought they were extinct", Melissa piped up. "They were relocated, apparently. To the New World", Merc spoke out. Wander sat down on the edge of the platform, "Well, whatever they were. We're stuck here. If we go out there then we're f4cked!", Wander was freaking out when all of a sudden, a train could be heard coming closer to the station. Wander got out of the way as a small steam engine purred into the station followed by different carriages. The driver noticed the group and tipped his hat. "You guys coming or what?", He asked. Coming where?", Wander asked. "Where? To Old Topaz City of course!".

Shopping!! The City that was left behind!
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 23: Old Topaz City