September 21, 2017, 07:14:21 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Destiny Wanderers  (Read 1764 times)

Offline UnityCentrall

• Future King of the World
  • Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »
Hey guys, I've finally finished the first few chapters of 'Destiny Wanderers'. Originally I wanted it to be a manga, but because I couldn't find an artist then i'm writing it out as a story.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/77817315-destiny-wanderers

This will be upadate as soon as possible as well as regularly edited by me. Any feedback would be nice as well as ideas. So far the prologue and the first arc are done. This story follows our portagonists Wander and Merrick, 2 unlikely allies, going around the world to fulfill Wander's dream of being free.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:47:13 PM by UnityCentrall »
"When I die, I don't want you to mourn me. I don't want you to cry for me. I don't even want you to carry on my legacy. All I want you to do...Is to live on" - ???

Offline AzimuthComics

• Writer
  • Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny Wanderers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:34:10 AM »
A novel?

"Power attained by violence is only a usurpation, and only lasts so long as the strength of the commander outweighs that of the subjugated."

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
A novel?

Well...ah...meh...um...sure? I guess it is, but it's gonna be updated as regularly as possible.
"When I die, I don't want you to mourn me. I don't want you to cry for me. I don't even want you to carry on my legacy. All I want you to do...Is to live on" - ???

Offline AzimuthComics

• Writer
  • Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
Nevermind, you hadn't posted the link yet.

"Power attained by violence is only a usurpation, and only lasts so long as the strength of the commander outweighs that of the subjugated."

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »
Nevermind, you hadn't posted the link yet.
its ok

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
Chapter 3 is in production as of now. This will be the start of the main arcs and will be the longest chapter so far. This chapter will introduce a powerful new enemy that our heroes need to beat by teaming up once again. Will Wander get out of his handcuffs? What powers does Merrick possess? Who is this villain? Find out these questions by reading the next chapter: Chapter 3 - 'Metal Park'.

Any questions that want to be answered please don't feel shy and put them into this forum. Thank you and I hope to finish this chapter soon!

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »
Chapter 3 - 'Metal Park is finished and is out now! you can read it here or check it out on wattpad.

https://www.wattpad.com/288661517-destiny-wanderers-chapter-3-%27metal-park%27

Also, chapters 1 and 2 are going to be posted here, pretty cool huh. Please read and don't be scared to give feedback and ideas, i'll try to reply as much as possible.
Also Chapter 4 is in production now. It hasn't got a name as of yet but it won't have as many fights in it and will help explain Wander and Merc's reasons for why they became what they are as well as the conclusion for their bet. Carry on reading!

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:15 AM »
This here is the full competed version of 'Chapter 1 - Dead End' of 'Destiny Wanderers'

Spoiler
Chapter 1 - Dead End

The alarms ring in the ears of many a mercenary in these parts. 7am. single beds scatter the room as the men all slowly get to their feet and prepare for the work ahead of them, getting changed and shaving, brushing teeth, etc. The alarms finally stop as the men stand to attention. A tall man wearing a large dark green trench coat and a cap to match with the words 'Captain' plastered across them. He walks slowly and stops in front of each of the men, checking them over. A few minutes pass and the captain returns to the doorway after his examination. He sighs and salutes. The men copy as the captain leaves the room. A voice appears over aloud speaker.

"New jobs are available on the bounty board, New jobs are available on the bounty board" says the voice, the men gaps and rush out of the room to this board. One man stays standing and walks back over to his bed to collect a few belongings. A small m9 Beretta, a holster and a pair of finger-less gloves. He slips the gloves on and fits the holster to his right hip, putting the pistol in with it. He walks out of the room, silently.

When he reaches the bounty board, it is empty. All of the jobs had been taken. He sighs and walks down the corridor to his right. He passes a window on his way. He stops and looks out onto the vast wasteland outside. He then finds his own reflection and examines himself. He had a clean, bald head and was about 5ft 10in tall. He looked down and clicked his heels together, inside of the hiking boots he was wearing. He noticed a bit of dust and brushed it from his blue jeans. The same voice appears over the loud speaker.

"Can Grade-G Mercenary Merrick Gunman please report to the captain's office. I repeat, can Grade-G Mercenary Merrick Gunman please report to the captain's office", the voice stops as the man sighs. "What does that asshole want this time?".

The man makes his way over to the office and knocks once. "C'mon in, c'mon in!" A voice says from the other side. The man enters to find the captain leaning back in a recliner behind a large wooden desk. "Merrick! You came!" Says the captain, leaning back up and the back of the recliner following his back. Merrick walks in and sits on the chair in front of the desk. "What do you want?" Merrick asks, quietly. "Well, I happen to know a job for someone like you" He says, reaching under the desk and pulling a poster out. He slams it on the table and pushes it towards Merrick. "Captain Johnson, If I do this then i'll die for sure" Merrick says, holding the poster. "Yeah right, I trained you so you'll be fine", Captain Johnson says as Merrick puts the poster back onto the desk and crosses his arms. "There's no way that i'm doing this" Merrick says as Captain Johnson closes his eyes. "I'm sorry...Who's in charge here?" the captain asks. Merrick clenches his hands into fists. "Exactly, so off you go" The captain says, pushing the poster back towards Merrick. "If you come back I'll even promote you", Captain Johnson says, smiling. Merrick says nothing and leaves the room, taking the poster with him. Merrick wanders back to the sleeping quarters and gathers up all of his belongings, putting them into a backpack. He makes his bed and goes to the receptions desk and signs the paper, signing himself out. He leaves through the front door and doesn't look back as he heads off into the wasteland.

A day passes as he keeps walking towards the destination of the bounty holder. He pulled the poster out of his pocket and examined it once again. The picture on it was that of a giant, crushing buildings and looking like they came straight out of an old monster movie. "No name, that's odd", Merrick says, scanning the poster again. "Bounty of 600 Muney, wanted Dead. this guy mustn't be that threatening", Merrick says to himself, continuing on-wards. He finally reaches his destination. "What the hell is this giant doing in a school?" Merrick asks to himself double-checking his map, "Yeah, this is definitely the place" Merrick says, putting his map away and gulping.

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
This is 'Chapter 2 - United' from 'Destiny Wanderers'

Spoiler
Chapter 2 - United

Merrick entered the school building through the front entrance. The electronic doors were strewn across the floor, broken. He looked around inside as he closed the door behind him. It was dusty, empty and cluttered.

"What the hell happened here? Is this place haunted?", Merrick said, dropping his back onto what was left of the receptionist's desk. He looked around for some pieces of information and found little to nothing other than an old newspaper article. "School is engulfed in darkness, no-one harmed but people missing. Well, that answers my question" Merrick says, dropping the paper and walking deeper into the building. The corridors are lined with dust, "This place feels more like a prison than a high school" Merrick states, looking into every classroom passes only to find more dust. Merrick gets to the end of the corridors to find a locked door. Merrick shoots the lock and kicks open the door, aiming inside the room. The room was empty, only a few boxes were scattered around. Crashing sounds are heard nearby and Merrick leaves the room. He takes another corridor to the left. He wipes a sign on the wall free of dust and reads 'School field' along with an arrow pointing down this new corridor.

More empty classrooms follow the corridor, Merrick checks the map of the area on his wrist device. He sighs and turns it off, continuing towards this exit. The crashing sounds get louder until he finally reaches the door. He looks through the window, a field of rubble and brick. Merrick puts his hand on the handle. Extremely loud sounds of brick being broken apart are heard above Merrick as the ceiling caves in. Merrick dashes out of the doorway and turns to see the building destroyed where he had just been. A tall, well-built man appears in the doorway that Merrick had just been standing in.

"Holy crap!" Merrick says, looking this man in the eyes. The man doesn't blink and Merrick just stands there. "Wha...What is your name?!", Merrick shouts, the man just shakes his head. Merrick pulls his pistol from it's holster and aims it at the man. "I am Merrick Gunman, Grade-G Mercenary sent from Government base 13 on continent 3. If you choose to cooperate then it will be a lot easier for both of us!" Merrick shouts, pulling up the wanted poster and comparing the man with the image on the poster, they're identical. "You are a wanted man, yes?" Merrick asks. The man nods. Merrick puts the poster away and takes a step closer. "I do not want to kill you, so if can just come with me..." Merrick suggests as the man immediately shakes his head and leaps towards Merrick. Merrick tries to shoot the man but all of the bullets just bounce away, doing nothing. Merrick rolls out of the way and reloads his empty gun, shooting more until he has no more ammo. The man again leaps towards Merrick, reaching his hand out. Merrick freezes. "I'm not strong enough, this is that stupid captain's fault..." Merrick thinks to himself as he closes his eyes.

A small cyclone of wind pushes the man away from Merrick and onto the floor. Merrick opens his eyes to see the man on his back, stunned. Merrick turns around to see a figure standing where the exit to the field was. His fist was pointed towards Merrick and the man. This figure then puts his fist to his side and looks onward. Merrick stands there, jaw agape. The figure then starts running towards Merrick, he stands, watching. The figure throws their right arm back behind them, turning it anti-clockwise about 45 degrees. Merrick turns around to see the man trying to attack him again. The figure appears before Merrick and throws his arm forward with blinding speed, punching the man's face, sending him flying and landing onto his back, knocking him unconscious. Merrick falls onto the floor.

The figure leans him, a young man with short, spiky, black hair. A small scar on his lower left jaw to his left cheek. He looks confused for a second then smiles. He puts out a hand to help Merrick up, but Merrick refuses and gets back onto his feet.

"Hey there, what's your name?" The figure asks as Merrick picks up his pistol. Merrick turns back around and thanks the man.

"Well, I guess then i'll start off *ahem* Hey there, the name's Wander. Nice to meet you" Wander says, putting his hand out to shake hands. Merrick shakes his hand, "I'm Merrick. Merrick Gunman, a mercenary from the government. I came to take care of a bounty holder and they were out of my league" Merrick faces the ground. Wander lets go, "Wow, how high was his bounty?" Wander asks, Merrick hands him the poster. "Cool, I hope that my wanted poster will like this", Wander says, handing the poster back. "Wait, what do you mean by that?" Merrick asks, gripping his pistol tighter.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm an outlaw" Wander says, nonchalantly. Merrick points the gun to Wander's face. "You are hereby under arrest" Merrick says, pulling out a pair of handcuffs. "For what? I just saved your goddamn life!" Wander shouts, getting cuffed. "For being an outlaw, that's a crime in and of itself" Merrick says, tapping a few buttons on his wrist. "Damn, no signal. C'mon, we're walking there", Merrick says, dragging Wander by his cuffs. "I'm taking you in so that I can get promoted", Merrick says, "I apologize for this". Wander doesn't reply and avoids eye-contact as Merrick drags him away from the school and back the way they came.

In the world of Destiny Wanderers, Outlaws do not abide by any rule, except for their own and so are not allowed in any government owned city or establishment as they could harm civilians and disrupt 'justice' and so are really only free on continent 3, a vast wasteland for anyone to change. This is also where most wars happen since the land is so expendable and barely anyone lives there. There is only a single government base there and is known for it being the smallest too. It doesn't try to uphold the 2 cities on the continent as they are run by outlaws, for outlaws. Mercenaries are the dogs of the government, doing the government's dirty work and are almost the lowest class of the government depending on their rank. Mercenaries are to be watched over by a captain (second highest rank in the government, underneath the Emperor) until they are rank-E when they are given the option to become a Commodore (Someone who helps look after each continent) or when they reach C-rank they can become an Admiral. When they reach B-rank they get their own office, at A-rank they can control a government base and at 0-Rank (Zero-Rank) they can become a Captain or even the Emperor.

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:48:07 AM »
This is 'Chapter 3 - "Metal Park"' from 'Destiny Wanderers'.

Spoiler
Chapter 3 - "Metal Park"

Silence looms over the dark, sandy continent. A light appears from this darkness, pushing away any evil surrounding it. Merrick puts a few more twigs onto the fire,

"Hey, don't look so glum. I got us a fire started". Merrick lies back and looks at Wander. Wander is sat, facing towards Merrick with his cuffs tied to a pole stuck in the ground. He was stuck there. Wander pouts and avoids eye-contact again. Merrick removes his body armor and places it to one side, he opens up his bag and pulls out two cans of beans, opens them and places them into the flames. Wander smells the food and looks back over to Merrick.

"I didn't even do anything wrong", Wander says sadly. Merrick checks the cans and replies. "It's nothing personal", Wander looks off into the darkness. A few minutes pass and Merrick takes the cans from the flames. He pulls out a pair of spoons and sticks them into the steaming cans. He slides one over to Wander, who is starting to drool. Merrick starts eating, but stops half-way through as he realizes that Wander cannot use his hands. Merrick finishes his can and throws it into the fire. Merrick feeds Wander, although neither of them are pleased by it. Once finished with, the can is thrown into the fire as well.

"You didn't have to do that", Wander says, getting comfortable. Merrick walks to the other side of the fire and lies down again.

"Well now you can't complain about being hungry", Merrick says. He turns onto his side and closes his eyes. "We have to walk a long way tomorrow so get some rest". Wander doesn't reply as the fire starts to fade and the night gets darker.

The sun rises over the horizon as Wander wakes up. Merrick is checking his resources in his bag, Wander yawns and rolls his shoulders.

"Morning" Merrick says, Wander still half-asleep nods. Merrick stands and slings the bag over his shoulder as Wander tries the stand up. Merrick removes the pole and throws it aside. Wander stands clumsily and stretches his arms behind his back. He loops the chain under his legs and stretches his arms out in front of him, letting out a sigh of relief. Merrick grabs the handcuff chain and drags Wander a few feet before the sound of an engine is heard.

"ROADKILL!!", shouts a voice behind them. Merrick turns to see where the engine was coming from. A banger (An old car in poor condition) is racing towards the 2 of them. 3 men dressed in scrap metal were leaning out of the window, shouting at Wander and Merrick and speeding up. Merrick leaps to safety and pulls Wander with him. The banger races past them and off into the distance, the people screaming and shouting various phrases.

"*cough* Hey, watch it assholes!!!", Wander shouts as Merrick helps him up. "Who the hell were those guys?", Merrick asks, brushing the dirt from his armor. Wander coughs again. "Wait, you haven't heard of 'Heavy Metal'?", Wander looks at Merrick with a confused look. "No, should I know them?", Merrick replies slowly. Wander sighs. "They pretty much own this area, and that dude that you fought was one of their strongest. How could a mercenary not know about an infamous outlaw gang", Wander speaks as Merrick shouts out, "I don't get out much okay!". Wander sighs again. "Well, what now?" Wander asks. Merrick stops for a moment, puts his hand to his chin. "I have a very bad feeling about this", Wander says to himself as Merrick looks around. "Alright, we're going after them!" Merrick proclaims as he points to the direction that the banger had driven. Wander walks over to Merrick. "Well, I'm useless in these handcuffs so you'll be on your own", Wander says with a smug look on his face. "You're going to fight too", Merrick replies. Wander sighs once again and nods his head. Merrick grabs Wander's cuff-chain once again and they head in the direction of the vehicle.

After an hour of walking they finally see something. A giant metal dome sticks out of the ground, sticking out like a sore thumb.

"Holy crap!", Merrick says, almost stopping. "Hey", Wander speaks up. "What", Merrick replies, "Can you fend for yourself? 'Cause what I saw back at the school...", Merrick cuts Wander off, "I was taken from surprise. I didn't expect him to be so strong". Merrick answers and Wander smirks. "Well, since you kinda owe me your life from that, why don't we make a bet?" Wander asks. Merrick looks over to him. "Alright, what is it?". "I didn't think you'd except already", Wander says shocked. Merrick shrugs, "You have a good point, I do owe you. So what is it?", Merrick answers as Wander speaks up. "Whoever takes down the leader is the winner" Wander says as Merrick goes quiet. "If I win, then you have to come with me so that I can get promoted", Merrick responds immediately. "Okay then, if I win then you have to release me and you have to help me complete my dream" Wander says, smiling. "What would that be?" Merrick asks. "To be 'King of the world'!!!" Wander shouts out. Merrick freezes. "You're crazy, he's the strongest in the world. He has the power of gods. He can take down mountains in a single strike...", "Yeah I need to beat that guy!" Wander cuts Merrick off. Wander keeps walking towards the base as Merrick still stands in awe. Merrick thinks to himself for a moment and nods. "Hey, Wander! I agree to this bet", Merrick shouts, catching up to wander. "Sweet, thanks Merc!" Wander says. "Don't call me that", "Okay Merc".

Once at the gates Merrick removes Wander's hand cuffs and puts them into his bag. Wander rubs his wrists and stretches out. "Okay, this is what I know. The gang 'Heavy Metal' is located in a metal dome called 'Metal Park'. They have 3 leaders, No-name, Dead-shot Dan and the main leader, Brutus. They says he's tough enough to beat a Commodore", Wander explains to Merc. Merc nods and they walk up to the entrance of the dome. They walk straight in to find a normal scrapyard, metal lying around rusted. In front of them is another doorway. Lights flood through the gap and as they enter, they look down over the light-show. Another scrapyard is here, spotlights flow around the area and a large building coated in scrap is seen at far end of the valley. Wander turns to Merc. "Are you ready? 3, 2, 1...GO!!!" Wander shouts, jumping off of the cliff that they were standing on. Merc just watches. He realizes what Wander said and starts making his way down the pathway to the scrapyard.

Wander lands in a pile of scrap and jumps out to find a few members waiting for him. "Intruder!!", one of them shouts. Wander throws a few punches and knocks them all out, only to find even more coming after them. Wander charges towards them and barges through, running towards the large building. Merc slides down the pathway as a few guards appear. Merc grabs some sand and throws it at the guards, making them cough and cover their eyes. Merc pushes them off of the pathway and keeps sliding down. Wander keeps running towards the building, more and more guards appearing before him. "You aren't strong enough to kill me!", Wander shouts, throwing more punches and breaking through the gang's defense.

"Boss, we have 2 intruders. One is nearing this building. what should we do?", a dark figure is talking to a mountain of a man, looking at security cameras and watching wander and Merc beat up the guards. The large man chuckles, "Go and sort them out, show them not to mess with Brutus!", the large man says as the dark figure nods and leaves the room.

Merc finally reaches the bottom and makes his way through the scrap piles and sees the building. wander is making himself a pathway and is almost at the doorway. Merc hears some scrap moving behind him and sees a trap door open and a small man holding a sniper rifle. the small man is wearing a full camouflaged suit. He jumps out of the whole and sees Merc watching. "Intruder", he says. Merc sighs and rubs his neck. The man pulls up his rifle and fires, Merc jumps behind one of the piles of scrap. The man runs behind to see that Merc is gone. "I'm guessing that you are Dead-shot Dan, right?" Merc asks. Dan looks around, rifle ready in hand. "So what if I am?", Dan asks. Merrick jumps out of a pile of scrap holding a steel rod and slams it against Dan's gut. Dan is sent flying into another pile. He falls out and grabs his chest. Merc darts over and swings the rod down onto Dan's head, he rolls over and dodges the blow. Dan gets up and blocks Merc's next swing with his rifle. He deflects Merc's attack and takes aim at Merc. He fires and Merc takes the bullet to his right shoulder dropping the weapon. "Don't mess with 'Heavy Metal'", Dan says, leaning around the corner and taking aim at Wander. Merc stands and cracks his knuckles. He jumps towards Dan. "Heavy Left-Hook!", Merc shouts out. Dan turns and is struck in the face and flies over into another pile. Merc grabs the rifle and aims it at the pile. Dan jumps out with a steel pipe and Merc fires. Dan falls to the ground, clutching his chest and coughing up blood. Merc leans over Dan. "I'll let you live this time, I'm feeling generous". Merc says as he runs off to join Wander whilst Dan is left there, in a pool of his own blood.

The mountain of a man slams his hand through a table as he watches Dan lie there through the monitor. He looks at another camera to see wander in a field of unconscious bodies. He clenches his hands into fists and walks out of the room.

Wander walks up to the building's front door and puts his hand on the handle. Suddenly, the doors are blown through and Wander is thrown onto his back, a few feet away. Wander quickly gets up to see that a man fills the doorway. "Brutus, you're lookin' pissed", Wander says, cracking his knuckles. "Xen, I thought that I'd never get revenge on your family", Brutus says, coming out of the building. "What are you talking about?", Wander asks. "5 years ago, your mother single-handedly took me down. I still think about that day. Now I can avenge my fallen comrades!", Brutus calls. Merc looks down towards the confrontation. "Wander! I'm here!", Merc shouts, running up to Wander and looking at Brutus. "Teaming up with a Mercenary? You don't see that every day", Brutus says as wander and Merc start to argue. "I'm gonna take him down!", "No, I'm gonna take him down!". Brutus takes a step forward, "Good, now I can avenge Dan too", Brutus says as Merc flinches, grabbing his Bullet wound.

Wander pushes Merc out of the way. "This one's mine", he says as Brutus charges straight at Wander. Wander grabs Brutus' shoulders and is pushed back. His feet dig into the earth as Brutus keeps pushing forward. Wander pushes his left arm down and his right arm up, making Brutus flip onto his back Wander jumps back as Brutus gets back up. Wander throws his arm back and twists it anti-clockwise. "Hand-cannon...", Brutus jumps towards Wander, "Rifle!!!", Wander throws his arm forward at a blinding speed, hitting Brutus in the face and launching towards the building. Brutus stops himself by landing on his feet, sliding and then spitting out some blood and wiping his nose. "Holy crap, how strong is Wander? Was he holding back against No-name?", Merc thinks to himself as he tends to his wound. Wander throws his arm back again and twisting it anti-clockwise. "Hand-cannon Launcher!!!", Wander throws his arm forward, launching a ball of wind towards Brutus. "Quick Wall!", Brutus puts his hand to the ground and a wall of rock rises from the wall and blocks wander attack, only leaving an indent.

Wander watches the wall come down as Brutus stands laughing. "My element is that of Stone! Your wind will never penetrate my rock-hard defense!", Brutus shouts. Wander smirks. "Sorry man, but I make the funny jokes here", Wander says, throwing his arm back and twisting it anti-clockwise. "Hand-cannon Rifle!" Wander shouts out as Brutus puts his hand to the ground again, "Quick Wall!". Wander punches the wall, causing a decent shock wave and making Merc fall over. Brutus puts the wall down and shoulder barges Wander, making him fall to the floor. "Stone Piston!", Brutus shouts out as Wander is thrown into the air by a pillar of stone. Wander throws back his arm and twists it clockwise. "Stone serpent!", A giant stone snake launches out of the ground towards Wander. "Hand-cannon Shotgun!!!", Wander throws his arm forward underarm instead of overarm and punches the snake. Wander struggles to keep it back, neither side giving in. Wander takes in some air and his arm starts to increase in size slightly. Wander screams out as the snake starts to crumble. Wander finishes his attack as the snake's head crumbles. Wander lands back on the ground and starts breathing heavily. Brutus chuckles as the serpent crumbles. Wander throws his arm back and twists it anti-clockwise, he starts running towards Brutus. "Quick Wall!", the stone wall forms again around Brutus. "Hand-Cannon Rifle!!", Wander throws his arm forward and Punches straight through the wall, destroying it. Wander throws his other arm back and quickly twists it clockwise before attacking the stunned Brutus. "Hand-cannon Shotgun!!", Wander shouts as Brutus is struck in the gut, making him cough up blood. Wander launches Brutus into the main building and out the other side. Merc watched and saw that Brutus had been pressed into the cliff-side behind the building.

Wander coughed and fell onto his knees. Brutus then leaps back through the building with his arms coated in stone. He strikes Wander in the face and then proceeds to beat him into the ground. "You are weak!", Brutus shouts, kicking Wander into a pile of scrap. He turns to Merc and chuckles. Brutus is then hit in the head by a stone. As he turns he see wander standing, coated in blood and barely able to stand. "I'm not dead yet!", Wander says, clutching his chest. Brutus charges towards Wander, "If I'm weak then what does that make you?!", Wander shouts, he starts taking in a large amount of air and his lungs inflate to a ridiculous size. Wander throws his head back and an air lock sound is heard. Brutus throws a punch, but Wander dodges and throws his head forward. "Neck-Cannon Gong!!!", Wander shouts, head butting Brutus and slamming him down on to the floor. Brutus almost immediately gets up and grabs Wander's arms. "You are not gonna beat me, I'll rip your arms off!!", Brutus proclaims as Wander throws his head back again, making the air lock sound. "Neck-cannon...", Brutus freezes and Merc watches silently. "No, Stop!!", Brutus says. It was too late. "...BUSTER!!!", Wander shouts, letting out all of the air that was in his body and launching Brutus up out of the valley and through the scrap metal dome.

Merc runs over to Wander and checks him over. Wander lets out a victorious cry as he falls to the ground. The fight was over, Wander and Merc were victorious!

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 4 - The 'Destiny Wanderers' is available to read now. In this chapter we get the aftermath of 'Metal Park as well as a few new items for Wander and Merc to use on their adventure as well as a confrontation between Wander and the government. Find out what happens by reading the chapter below. Thank you and again, I'll try to reply to any comments that come up.

On Wattpad :

https://www.wattpad.com/290369227-chapter-4-the-%27destiny-wanderers%27

Or you can read it here.
Spoiler
Chapter 4 - The 'Destiny Wanderers'

"Hey Captain. Look who we just brought in!", says an officer running into the room. Captain Johnson rises from his seat. "I'll see myself", he says, walking out of the door. The officer leads him to the building's entrance and outside. A crater had formed near the building. "Sir, the infamous outlaw of these parts has landed here", says another officer, checking the area. Captain Johnson looks over the carter. Brutus was lying there unconscious and covered in blood. Captain Johnson pulls out a radio, "This is David Johnson, Government Captain 3. I have with me the outlaw Brutus, leader of 'Heavy Metal' with a bounty of 1020 Muney. Yes...Who did it? I haven't the slightest idea. Yes I'll have him sent over immediately", The Captain puts his radio away as the officers help to pick up Brutus and move him inside.

Wander is passed out on ground, covered in bandages. Merrick sits opposite and checks his wrist device. Merc takes it off and tosses it into one of the scrap piles with a scowl. He stands and walks over to the scrap piles, trying to find something useful. Merc swipes through the scrap metal until he finds a door. He clears out all of the scrap covering it to open it. Once open, the inside was large and was empty. Merc smiles and darts back to Wander.

"Hey, wake up!", Merc shouts, shaking Wander awake. Wander awakes with a yawn and stands up to stretch. "Morning Merc, what's up?", Wander asks as Merc drags him over to the door. "Help me get this out alright?", Merc says as Wander stretches out. "What is it?", Wander asks, throwing away scrap. "It's our mode of transport", Merc replies as he uncovers the hood. After a minutes of clearing, a large, dusty van is revealed with the keys still inside. Merc jumps into the driver's seat and puts the keys into the ignition. He tries to start it up, but it stalls and stops.

"Hold up, I got this", Wander says, opening the hood and tinkering with the engine. "Here ya go, this'll work", Wander says, closing the hood and jumping into the passenger seat. Merc starts the van up. It erupts into life, spluttering and coughing up fumes. "Hey, it still runs!", Merc proclaims, revving the engine and driving the van out of the dome.

Wander starts checking through the various compartments and finds a folded up paper in the glove box. He opens it up to find that it's a map for the continent. "Hey what's up?", Merc asks. Wander gets into the back of the van and lies the map down next to Merc's bag. "Okay, we need to head...North-west", Wander climbs back into the passenger seat and looks through the windscreen. "Okay, turn left a bit and then we just need to keep going", Wander says smiling. "Where are we headed?", Merc asks. "Well, since I won the bet and you're with me now then I think we should go and stock up on resources. We've got a long way to go before we're done on this continent", Wander says as Merc sighs in regret. "Alright then, Boss", Merc says, turning the van and speeding deeper into the wasteland.

A few hours pass and the sun is setting on the horizon. Merc and Wander set up for the night in the back of the van. A far off sound is heard, followed by a knocking on the van's side door a few minutes after. Wander throws the bag over the sleeping Merc, hiding him. Wander opens the side door and jumps out, closing it after him. A man wearing armor similar to Merc's is standing in-front of him. "What the *censored* do YOU want?", Wander asks. "Hello there, I'm looking for a mister Merrick Gunman. Have you seen him?", The man looks on-wards at the van and Wander blocks his view. "Sorry, but I haven't", Wander says sternly. "Well, his sensor shows that he is here and that he isn't alone", the man says, pulling out a phone and showing Wander the location. Merc's location was exactly where it was on the map. The man pulls out a revolver and points it to Wander's head. "I am Government Mercenary G-rank, Capone Sterling. Now if you'll come quietly then I can arrange something", Capone says, cockily. Wander smirks. "I didn't take down Brutus just to be caught", Wander states. Capone takes a step back, but doesn't take the gun away. "So it was you who did it then", Capone speaks quietly as Wander takes a step towards him. Wander pushes the gun aside as Capone pulls the trigger. Wander kicks the gun out of his hands after and punches him in the gut. He falls to the ground as Wander aims the revolver at him. "This is for waking me up!", Wander shouts, shooting Capone in his left foot, "This is for putting me at gunpoint!", Wander shoots Capone's left shin, "And this is is for trying to fight me!", Wander shoots Capone's left kneecap. "Listen up! You're gonna go back to your *censored*ty little base and you're gonna tell 'em that Merc isn't coming back. e's part of my crew now. He's with the 'Destiny Wanderers', led by me, Wander. Xen. Plorer! Got that?!", Wander shouts as the man quickly nods in fear. "Good, now get out of here!!", Wander shouts as the man limps over to his bike and quickly speeds away.

Wander climbs back into the van and falls to sleep quickly, whilst Capone shivers when entering the base.

"What's the matter with you?!", Capt. Jonson replies. "I'm sorry Captain, but he wouldn't let me see him, let alone finish him off", Capone shivers again. "Wander Xen Plorer of the Destiny Wanderers. He took down Brutus?", Capt. Johnson pulls out his radio, "This is Captain David Johnson speaking again, we have news on who beat Brutus. It's a man named Wander Xen Plorer of a group called the Destiny Wanderers. Okay, get the bounty sorted out. Oh, before you go get a man named Merrick Gunman on there too...Also for Destiny Wanderers. Okay thanks", Captain Jonson puts down his radio and sighs. "What now Captain?", Capone asks. "We'll see what he does next", The Captain replies stubbornly as night gets darker.

Morning arrives as Wander and Merc are waking up and departing towards their next destination. "Say, you never told me where we are going", Merc proclaims as Wander pulls up the map again. "We're going to one of the towns here, Dustmoor. It's run by outlaws so put this on before we get there", Wander answers, pulling out a long cloak. "Okay, well let's hurry before more of those government bastards come for my ass", Merc says as Wander looks away. "You heard?", Wander asks. "Every second of it, and thank you. I think Destiny Wanderers has a nice ring to it", Merc says as they head off  to their destination of Dustmoor.

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 5 - Lethe is done, In this chapter we learn a little about Wander's past and a new type of weapon. This chapter is pretty short but it is the start of the long story that happens in the city of Dustmoor.

Read it on Wattpad : https://www.wattpad.com/291250900-destiny-wanderers-chapter-5-lethe

Or read it here :

Spoiler
Chapter 5 - Lethe

After healing up from the fight against 'Heavy Metal', Wander and Merc find themselves getting closer to the city of Dustmoor to re-supply. Wander lies in the back of the van whilst Merc drives the van forward. Merc speaks up and ends the silence.

"Hey Wander?", Merc asks slowly. Wander sits upright and faces Merc's chair. "Huh? What is it?", Wander asks back. "Well, I want to know why you want to become free. What's your motivation?", Merc asks without taking his eyes away from the windscreen. Wander lies back down with a stern look on his face. "I don't know", Wander replies simply. Merc looks confused by this statement. "What do you mean 'you don't know?'", Merc asks. "Well, it's a long story but...".

A 16 year old Wander is kneeling on the ground, crying. "Lad, what in the blazes are you crying for?!", A stout man walks over to Wander. "I-I-I don't know!", Wander cries out even louder. "Wander, pull yourself together, you remember your name, yes?", "Yeah...and your my Uncle, right?", Wander says, sniffling a bit whilst he speaks. "Yes lad! Now what else do you remember?!", Wander's uncle grabs his shoulders and kneels in front of him. Wander cries out again. "I...I...I Want...", Wander's Uncle nods. "I WANT TO BE FREE, SO THAT ME AND MY FRIENDS CAN LIVE WITHOUT ANYONE LOOKING DOWN ON US. SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO ABIDE BY ANY RULES AND DO WHATEVER WE WANT!!!", Wander cries out, tears streaming from his eyes. "Now why are you crying?", Wander's Uncle asks. "I...I don't know! I don't know why I'm crying and I don't know who I miss!".

Merc looks at Wander after he finishes his story. "Deep *censored* man", Merc proclaims as Wander lies back down. "That was when I started my training, 5 years ago, learning to use weaponry, elements, even my soul. Oh yeah, your probably wondering why I never use this bad boy", Wander says, reaching over and grabbing the over-sized sword that he always has tied to his waist and sheathed. "Yeah, that was going to be my next question", Merc answers quietly. "Well, have you ever heard of a 'Soul Blade'?", Wander asks as Merc shakes his head. "To put it bluntly, it's a weapon with a soul stored inside of it. When the weapon and soul are combined, it gives the weapon unimaginable abilities, but at a price", Wander says, putting his hand up. "You need to have a strong soul to use one, if you don't then it's just an ordinary, blunt sword. It also drains your soul of it's power when you use it, so I can only use it for very short periods of time at the moment", Wander explains as Merc nods slowly. "Hey, look! We made it!" Wander proclaims as Merc turns to see that they were nearby a huge city. "That, my friend, is where we are headed, Dustmoor!", Wander shouts as Merc drives up to the entrance, slips on his cloak and proceeds inside the city of Outlaws.

Huge news as well, the first volume of the Destiny Wanderers manga is currently in production. Please help out to make this an actual manga by donating here : https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3529288

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for Chapter 6 - The city of Outlaws

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
Destiny Wanderers Chapter 6 - The city of Outlaws

read it on Wattpad :

https://www.wattpad.com/291699039-destiny-wanderers-chapter-6-the-city-of-outlaws

Or read it here :

Spoiler
Chapter 6 - The city of Outlaws

The van enters through a larch, dusty gate and into a well-built tunnel. Merc pulls the hood up as he slows the van down. They emerge from the darkness onto a busy market street, flooded with people buying and selling. Merc revs the engine to get people out of the way as they get deeper into the city. Merc finds an underground area to leave the van.

"Okay, what are we looking for?", Merc asks as Wander opens the side door of the van. "Your job is to get food and water, I'm going to get some things that will help us out in our journey", Merc looks confused as he hands Wander half of the money they had left. "Jeez, we really are low on muney aren't we", Wander says as Merc jumps out of the driver's seat and locks the van up. They walk up a ramp to exit the underground area, "I still don't get why I have to camouflage", Merc exclaims as they exit. "Well these people are just normal people, they've been cast away from normal societies and sent here. If they see a mercenary from the government walking around then I think that it wouldn't end well for anyone", Wander replies as Merc nods. They emerge from the underground area and onto the busy main street. "Okay, I'll see you later", Wander shouts as they walk out onto the market street. they look at all of the expensive looking merchandise and sigh when remembering their muney situation. A large man with an exceptionally well grown beard rushes out from one of the side shops and drags Merc and Wander into his building.

"Hey, what's the big idea!?", Wander shouts as the man closes the shutters on the building so that no-one can see inside. "Are you two nuts? What if the mayor finds you!?", The man proclaims as Wander and Merc give a confused look. The man sighs and reaches behind the counter, pulling out 2 pieces of paper and handing them over. Merc and Wander stare at the papers as their jaws drop.

"What the *censored*!", Merc proclaims as he looks at the paper. Merc's paper read :

'Merrick Gunman : Destiny Wanderers member, Wanted Dead or alive, Bounty 500MnY'. A picture shown was of Merrick, days before he found Wander. Merc dropped the paper in awe as Wander read out the paper that he was holding.

'Wander Xen Plorer : Destiny Wanderers leader, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bounty 1250MnY'. A picture of Wander when he was confronting Capone was shown. "AWESOME!! We have bounties now, and they both have 'Destiny Wanderers' written for the gang name!", Wander exclaims as he hands his paper back. "Keep your voices down, they'll hear you", The large man says as a tall man in a suit is seen walking outside. "They'll kill anyone with a bounty over 250MnY", The large man says, reaching behind his desk and putting up a sign saying 'closed for the day'. "I'm Chuck, come here", the large man says as he presses a button under the counter, opening up a door at the back of the store. "Go inside", he proclaims as a knocking is heard at the door. Wander and Merc dash into the room behind with Chuck closing the door behind them and following behind. Inside the secret door is a passage that leads downwards into a large room with maps on the walls, a table and chairs surrounding it. Merc and wander go to the far wall as Chuck follows in and closes another door, sealing them in the room. "Hey, we still don't know what's going on here!", Merc shouts as a bang can be heard above as well as several footsteps. They all stay quiet as the footsteps leave.

"What the *censored*, man?!", Wander proclaims as Chuck sighs in relief and turns on a light. "You two need to leave, now", Chuck speaks calmly. "Just tell us whats going on", Merc says, as Wander puts his hand to his forehead in confusion. Chuck sighs and leans back in his chair.

"A few weeks ago, our mayor passed. He was kind and let anyone into the city, he resolved any conflict or violence without using force. People saw him as a prophet, a saint and he was even knighted by the head of the government for his deeds. That made the day of his death even more tragic, stabbed through the heart while his only son watched. It was a dark time for all of us. After that, his son took the position as mayor and decided that he needed to protect the city from anyone strong. So he sends out guards with great power to eliminate anyone who could pose a threat to him. That's why you need to leave", Chuck takes a deep breath afterwards as he leans forward. Wander smirks. "I have a bad feeling about this", Merc says. Wander walks over to Chuck and puts his hand onto his shoulder. "Chuck", Wander speaks sternly. Chuck looks up at Wander. "I think that we can handle ourselves, thanks for the heads up though", Wander smiles as he walks to the exit. Chuck stands as Merc passes him, What do you plan to do?", Chuck asks. Wander opens the door and Merc walks through. Wander turns and smiles again. "I'm gonna start a revolution!".

Chapter 7 - The city of Darkness is inb production now. stay tuned for it!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:02:31 PM by UnityCentrall »

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
Holy Crap, it's already here?! Chapter 7 - the city of Darkness is out now!

Read it on Wattpad :

https://www.wattpad.com/292346065-destiny-wanderers-chapter-7-the-city-of-darkness

Or read it here:

Spoiler
Chapter 7 - The city of Darkness

Wander and Merc open the door to Main Street. People from all around stare towards them as they exit the shop. They enter the crowd to disguise themselves as they come up with a plan.

"How the hell are you gonna start a revolution, you mean nothing to them with a bounty as low as yours", Merc says quietly. "Yeah, you think I don't know that?", Wander replies, arrogantly, "Look, I have a plan, let's get back to the van and get ready", Wander says as the 2 walk back to the van and get their stuff ready.

After gathering their equipment Merc removes his cloak and Wander does stretches. "Alright then, what's the plan?", Merc asks, locking the van again. They wander out of the underground area and look around, night had fallen. "Here's the plan", Wander says, starting to walk down main street. "Merc follows aside him. "Look there", Wander says, pointing towards a large wall and behind it a tower. "That's a ruler's living quarters if I've ever seen one", Wander puts his arm down as they approach the wall. Merc speaks again, "You still didn't answer me", Wander puts his hand against the wall and knocks it, testing to see how thick it is. "Oh yeah, step 1: break in...", Wander puts his arm down and takes step back, "...step 2: enter the building...", Wander turns his right leg 45 degrees clockwise as it makes the air lock noise. 2 golden revolvers appear in his hands as he smiles. Merc readies his sniper rifle. "...step 3: RAISE HELL!!!", Wander shouts, "Leg-Cannon Press!", Wander states as he strikes the wall with a quick and powerful back-kick. The wall crumbles as rubble flies through, Wander and Merc charge through the open area with no-one in the way. "Merc, you go through the back", Wander says, Merc nods back and the 2 split off into separate directions. Merc heads to the rear end of the building and sees a balcony above him. Merc climbs up the side of the building and enters the balcony, whilst Wander runs up to the front door and kicks it down, aiming inside. No-one. Wander sighs and runs up the stairs.

Merc enters the room leading to the balcony and makes his way through, the room was pitch black as Merc trips and stumbles over things scattered across the floor. Wander makes his way to the top of the stairs and hears a rustling in one of the rooms. He opens the door to find Merc opening the door from the other side. "Did you find anyone?", Wander asks. Merc shakes his head. "Damn, it's like this place is abandoned", Wander says as the front door opens downstairs and floods of suited figures enter, aiming pistols towards Wander and Merc. "Don't shoot them yet", a small voice calls out as a young boy makes his way to the front of the guards. "I want to see them beg for their lives", he says, giving off a devilish grin. Wander turns to face the crowd and walks down the stairs, followed by Merc. "did you really think that I'd live in a place like this? It's not my style at all. You didn't even try to gather information before trying to kill me did you?", the child asks. "You killed him", Wander says as the crowd goes quiet. The boy chuckles, "Of course I did, I didn't like the way that he ran things here. You can't get respect without doing a few...dirty...deeds", he replies, smiling again. Wander gives the child the look of death as he stops chuckling. Wander stays quiet. "Well, beg for your lives!", the child shouts, pointing to the pair. Wander throws his neck back and the air lock noise fills the room. "Neck-Cannon Buster!", Wander shouts as he blows out a huge amount of air from his lungs, launching all of the group out of the building. "You knocked them all out, I don't know whether to say 'nice' or 'oh *censored*'", Merc says, putting his rifle onto his back. Wander makes his revolvers disappear as he walks over to the boy. Wander picks him up by the collar of his shirt. Wander slams the child onto the ground and summons one of his revolvers, pointing it at the child's head. "Look, Mayor *censored*-Face, you're gonna give us all of your money and resources. And you're gonna remove yourself from the top spot. GOT IT!?", Wander shouts as the Mayor starts to cry, "Yes, please don't kill me!", Wander nods and lets go.

The mayor scrambles to his feet and pulls out a whistle, blowing it as hard as he can. "Dimitri, my pet, Kill them!", he calls as a loud rumbling is heard. The wall is broken through as a giant Gorilla appears, wearing a pair of boxing gloves and having a giant metal collar. Merc pulls out his rifle and aims at the beast. "Merc, this one's mine, keep the kid in his place", Wander says as the Gorilla beats his own chest. Wander cracks his knuckles as Merc puts the mayor into a sleeper hold, making him pass out .Merc sits on the sidelines again. The gorilla roars as Wander shouts back. They clash, punching at the same time. Wander is pushed back due to the sheer strength of the beast. Wander pushes his fists together twice and rushes back into the fight. The gorilla punches again with tremendous force, Wander dodges and gets a punch off, straight to the gut. Wander is pushed back as crowds of people appear from the cracks in the wall and watch as Wander fights this monster. Wander throws his arm back and twists it clockwise. The gorilla throws a punch towards Wander, "Hand-cannon SMG", wander calls, punching the gorilla's fist in rapid succession, countering it as the gorilla is left wide open. Wander runs in again whilst the Gorilla covers it's gut with it's other arm. "I'm not gonna attack what's already weak", Wander says, uppercutting the Gorilla and launching it a few feet in the air before crashing down onto it's back. The Gorilla tries to stand up, but Wander jumps onto it's gut. Wander throws his arm back and twists it clockwise, "Hand-cannon Rifle!", Wander shouts as he strikes the Gorilla's face, knocking it unconscious. Wander jumps off and wipes the blood from his hands. "Well, that was disappointing", Wander says, walking back towards Merc.

A flurry of cheers is heard as a crowd of people run towards Merc an Wander. They bow before them as Merc and Wander look at them in confusion. Chuck walks to the front of the crowd and hands them a large back, "Here, this is for saving our lives from this monster", Chuck saves, winking and patting Wander on the back. wander smiles back as Merc picks up the child and hands him to some of the people. "You should leave before he wakes up", Chuck whispers as Wander and Merc pick up the bag and run off, towards the van. Chuck smiles and waves as they leave the area. Wander quickly starts the van and they depart from the city of outlaws, stocked up on food and water.

A tall man wearing a large coat with the words 'Commodore' written on the back watches a camera that shows a van leaving Dustmoor. "These are the guys that I need to take out?", he talks slowly as Capt. Johnson appears from behind him. "Yes, if that's not too much to ask", Capt. Johnson pulls out a briefcase and opens it, revealing 100s of Muney. The tall man sighs and picks up a radio. "Storm, we've got work to do".

The next morning the mayor is sat in a hospital room. a nurse comes up to him and crouches to talk to him. "Your lucky those people came when they did", she says, putting a plaster on his forehead. "I won't let you get away with this, when I gain power you're the first person I'm coming for. Wander Xen Plorer".

Don't forget to support the manga as well here! :

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3529288

Offline UnityCentrall

• Nothing Special Here
    • View Profile
Destiny Wanderers Continuing!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »
Until i find an artist to collaborate with, i will continue posting the story, I at least want to close out the story before just leaving it!

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated!
The next chapter will also be posted within the next few hours too!