April 18, 2024, 11:11:12 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Reading Random Manga! (Game of Sorts)  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Synctual

• Are You Nasty?
  • Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson!
    • View Profile
Reading Random Manga! (Game of Sorts)
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
I've been here for 3 years now and I still don't know where certain topics go, but I think this is right. If not, then mods do your thing! (and sorry)

So I read manga on a site called http://mangasee.co/ and they have a random manga button. To get to the point, I'm going to be reading the first chapter of whichever manga they randomize for me and posting my thoughts of it here!

But I don't wanna do it alone, so this is where you all come in! If you have the time, just hit that random manga button, read the first chapter of whichever manga you get and post your thoughts here! Elementary my dear Watson!!

Where to find the button

Spoiler

Put This Here To Make You Sad
My Story
Rock Star! (Shonen)

Offline Synctual

• Are You Nasty?
  • Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson!
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Random Manga! (Game of Sorts)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:34:56 AM »
Here's the manga I got stuck with.

Biohazard: Heavenly Island

Genres: Action, Drama, Ecchi, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Romance, Sci-fi, Shounen

So from what I gathered in the first chapter is that it's about a television program called 'Idol Survival' or 'Supermodel Survival', I forget which. The show takes place on an island where a killer roams and zombies are made. It's pretty much a horror movie manga.

The chapter started off with lots of gore so I was caught off guard a bit. The main character is a guy named Tomanga who is apart of the producing crew, so he's bossed around a lot and seems to be pretty new at what he does. There's an Anti-Bio Terrorism Organization called the 'NGO Terrasave' which is, from my knowledge, full of super sexy badass girls. (Like Revy from Black Lagoon)

That's pretty much all I got though, it's a horror movie like manga with lots of ecchi, gore, super sexy models, and badass girls. Definitely won't be continuing it, it's not my kind of thing. I like the art though, some realism in it.

Put This Here To Make You Sad
My Story
Rock Star! (Shonen)

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Random Manga! (Game of Sorts)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:48 AM »
Aura From Another Planet

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo, Supernatural

When I first looked at this webcomic, I was really confused at the first 5 pages being a bit weird in size so I googled it.  Found out that this was a webcomic on Line Webtoon (something I actually use very often) and I wasn't too impressed with the story.  I finished the first chapter and then read the top comment; apparently this came from the author of one of my favorite series "Hive." Probably going to read it all because of his other works but this is a much different genre than Hive (Comedy vs Thriller).

First chapter didn't really have that much to it.  Basically a meeting to discuss if aliens are real and the aliens happen to be there looking like humans.  The main character Aura has the power to create buffs (kind of like magic).

I really don't like to judge series on the first chapter but this is supposed to be a first impressions so I will post my thoughts.  When I finish this (probably sometime next weekend), then I will post my overall thoughts but so far I think this is a big difference (genre-wise) from his other series that he is making now.