March 29, 2024, 12:42:58 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How to get motivated/Stay motivated?  (Read 7143 times)

Offline RobotWizardZ

• View Profile
How to get motivated/Stay motivated?
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »
Tips please I havent touched my tablet in a while after getting it and downloading clip studio paint.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: How to get motivated/Stay motivated?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:10:29 PM »
I kind of look at my art like I do any other skill in life: it's something I have to work with to get good at and stay good at. Because of that, I try to do little practices and tell myself it's okay to make mistakes in them because I'm still learning, and every now and then I think of a short project I want to do. I did a two-page penciled comic once because I felt like giving it a try, and I'm working on a chapter cover page as more than one day project. By setting small goals, I find it easier to keep at it and eventually move on to larger things.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »

I wish there was a magic way to stay motivated and productive but if there is I have no idea of such things. The ways I get motivated are to do different things or introduce new elements, but that fades as well. Motivation just works like that I guess. I myself have not been motivated to draw in a good 4 months. I don't think there is a way to stay motivated other then forcing yourself to work, but honestly I don't think it works as easily as that because I know how it gets to draw when you don't wanna draw. It's very frustrating. So...I don't think there is an answer to your thread... :noidea:

Offline Bito916

• How can we sing King Alphas Song?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 10:14:50 PM »
I have an unsual approach to being motivated, I kinda just wait for it to hit me. I dont force it, If I feel like making something ill sit down, If I end up not being able to come up with something naturally I wait or walk away for even a few days again. Its really bad if you want to consistently practice and get better but I find it easier to think up of ideas I honestly enjoy. This is all some random persons opinion on the internet so do you! In the end there is the amazing resource of youtube filled with pages of teachers with some free time on their hands.
"Do whatever the *censored* makes You happy, cuz in the end who's there? You."
Free Plug for my Work, yo. Story Summary: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15846.msg256608.html#msg256608

story draft: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16569.msg266978.html#msg266978

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »
Create your own original character that you would love to draw over and over again.  Whenever I have no ideas to draw, I can always rely on drawing my own character in different angles for practice.

Something I used to do is google "Fantasy character" to see if I get and ideas to draw based off of the character designs I see.  Another thing I used to do is to look at how to draw books and probably attempt the same pose but with my own character.

Other than that, some people just force themselves to draw until they get back in the mood.  If you take too long of a break then it might become a bad habit and you just slow down your own progression if your goal is to improve your current art.

Offline Bito916

• How can we sing King Alphas Song?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
Agreed my wife and I both think taking too long of a break affects you, art and writing are just hobbies of mine I do to keep myself distracted during my free time. So if you are planning on being serious with either I suggest listening to some of these Hero members haha:3
"Do whatever the *censored* makes You happy, cuz in the end who's there? You."
Free Plug for my Work, yo. Story Summary: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15846.msg256608.html#msg256608

story draft: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16569.msg266978.html#msg266978

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 10:29:09 PM »
Create your own original character that you would love to draw over and over again.  Whenever I have no ideas to draw, I can always rely on drawing my own character in different angles for practice.

Is it narcissistic to say that in that state I just draw myself? Because I do. I think it's because of my small frame and wavy hair.

Other than that, some people just force themselves to draw until they get back in the mood.  If you take too long of a break then it might become a bad habit and you just slow down your own progression if your goal is to improve your current art.

Also this is basically what I was implying about my studies of things. I am also one of those people. I mean, you're not getting any younger over there, are you? (If so, give me your secrets. I don't wanna turn twenty.)
Haha signature go brr.

Offline HikarumiSetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 06:55:53 AM »
Honestly, when I don't have any motivation, I just watch speedart / speedpaint videos on YouTube. It makes me think, wow, I wish I was this good! And it just gets me motivated.

Also, I just do it. Even if I don't feel like it, or if I don't want to do it - I honestly know myself well enough to know that in few minutes, I'd start enjoying it and I would just do it.. Somehow!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
Yeah, that second half tends to be the deciding factor between people who make a lot of progress quickly and those who take longer, in my observational experience. Being able to art when you don't have the drive is a skill, so don't try to be too humble about it.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »
I for myself use this strategy: Watch/Read Manga/Anime and carefully say to myself: If they could draw those, why not you?
And so good so far, I always get fired up like that!