April 16, 2024, 02:15:14 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: How do you want to die? Hypothetically of course  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
How do you want to die? Hypothetically of course
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
I go through a lot a fiction and what I would hate the most is that I go out in a boring way. I know people prefer to die in their sleep but I want something epic.

I don't want to be eaten! Or die from an animal bite or sting. I'm super scared of the water, I almost drowned 3 times in my life and I still don't know how to swim.

For a generic answer, I want to die smiling but doing something cool like saving someone. I wouldn't mind dying to save the world though.   :biggrin:

If karma exists, I'll die like Captain Jack Soerrow did in Dead Man's Chest.

So why answer this question? For research of course  :sure:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:35:56 PM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: How do you want to die? Hypothetically of course
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 01:30:49 PM »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:34:23 PM »
Of course... :blush:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
There's a metaphor in there and I like my interpretation of it, Nair.

Personally, I want to die with no regrets, no heaviness in my heart, such is the way of Judgement as far as my religion is concerned. Of course, it is not death that people fear, but rather, the manner in which they die.

This may also be a somewhat generic answer, but I would rather die in battle, or while fighting for something I believe in. How exactly would I go about that in this day and age? It's not like I'm someone who looks for a fight. Well, with political revolution on the horizon, and even before that the minor transgressions of state governments, it seems very likely that even a pacifist like myself might get involved, and I'd rather die protecting a younger life, someone who has potential for more. They may be a stranger to me, but if in my life, my last act is a service to the things that I believe in, then I would die with no regrets.

Then, as Djehuty (you may know him as Thoth) scribes my acts of life and Anpu (whom you may know as Anubis) weighs my heart against the feather of Ma'at, I may be declared pure enough for the afterlife. Perhaps from there I will be an ancestor, watching over those I have cared for in this life, or perhaps I shall be reborn.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »
Snuggled to death by Nekomimi of course

Offline Juicetin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
I want to die by my shelf full of manga and dvds falling on me

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 03:20:55 PM »

(Though in all seriousness, as cliche as it sounds, I think the best way to die is of old age - when you've had plenty of time to accomplish your goals, spend time with those you love, and let go of regrets. ^^)

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »
I would think as a writer or artist the best way to die is like what Churro said, old age.  That means you get to write/draw as much as you possibly can

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »
So I take it that I'm one of the few who wouldn't mind dying young so long as my basic criteria are met?
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »
Would I want to die young, even if it was for someone else?  Not preferable
Would I risk my life for someone else?  Yes and if I die then it happens

Since this question is somewhat close to the topic, has anyone ever had a near death experience?
I have almost gotten hit by a car going 50 mph (within inches).

Another time I was riding my bike and i almost slid down a side of a hill when taking a turn but caught myself with my hand, if i did slide down then I wouldn't have died but pretty badly injured.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »
I can't say that I've had any kind of near-death experience, and I consider myself lucky for it.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
I agree with Matsui there. Dying young is not preferable at all for me, but I would be willing to risk my life for someone if push came to shove.

And I don't think I've had a legit near death experience... the closest thing I can think of is one time I got a particularly nasty injury which caused a concerning amount of blood loss. I don't remember too well since I was understandably quite dizzy, but those who witnessed it have told me that it looked like a horror movie. :tongue:

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 05:28:30 PM »
I'd like to die in a freak accident involving an exploding donkey and a rubber chicken... Any other way is way too normal and thus boring. Realistically, as quickly and painlessly as possible. No withering or anything. Just two days in a hospital due to old age and snap. Done.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Bito916

• How can we sing King Alphas Song?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
Here I come with the emotional response!

I always wanted to die saving somebody's life, pushing them out of a cars way, giving up organs etc. I just thought if I were to die early then I would want it to mean something? The other more recent way of dying I have deemed acceptable is literally dying with somebody you've spent your life with, as lame as that is! I do have a girlfriend I seem to be crazy over so the last one may have been a bit influenced haha:3
"Do whatever the *censored* makes You happy, cuz in the end who's there? You."
Free Plug for my Work, yo. Story Summary: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15846.msg256608.html#msg256608

story draft: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16569.msg266978.html#msg266978

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
I loved these responses.

About the old age and being a writer/artist, I always felt that at some point your generational voice will pass and preferably have been transferred to the next generation. Causing an endless chain. Hopefully.
I have worked at a nursing home, it wasn't five star quality but i know some who have worked in nicer facilities, their life is not "great". Of course it depends on how friendly you are to other residents. 

I wouldn't say die young but eventually, everyone needs to put their pen/brush/ "x" down.

About near death experiences, Seriously all true.
I almost drowned three times, in five car accidents when i was young, kicked in the chest by a cow when i was 5, my sister cut my finger when i was 3, lost a lot of blood. Doctors in Austin were incompetent, arrived at the ER looking horrible. I almost lost a finger. Three years ago i electrocuted myself  putting a car light in an outlet. I have no idea why i did that, i was just curious if it would work. I just got out of the shower too. I ended up with the lightbulb exploding in my hand. I still have glass lodged in my hand. Right now i have a shard of glass poking out of my right index finger. 

Basically, i'm Kaido.  :tongue: