March 29, 2024, 01:15:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: After 9 years ...  (Read 8271 times)

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
Re: After 9 years ...
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
I'm member 1684

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
I've seen some of their older stuff when I lurk around sometimes as well. I tell you, the early chit-chat topic was something else. I even stumbled upon the Hero Coat idea earlier today by luring around the "Who's online" and following what guests are looking at. They find things I didn't even know existed here.

How exactly do we find this magic registration number of ours? I'm curious about mine now...

Ikr, guests find the most random things ever on this forum.

You go to the main page and click forum stats, then you click the members link, sort by date registered, each page has 30 people and do some math once you find yourself (unless deleted accounts don't show).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:44:56 PM by Matsui Kenshin »

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 01:44:36 PM »
Stumbled upon some...interesting usernames along my search, but I appear to be user 7345?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:14:02 PM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »
Was curious so I checked on my number. I am both 381 and 1366. Almost a thousand new users created in the time I made my first and second accounts. Then about another 1700 users between when I made that and now. How are we not overflowing with active members? :confused:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 01:47:38 PM »
I'd assume because of all the people who made like one post in the writer/artist wanted section and ollie-outied without realizing their email would be removed...or the people who thought it was cool for like a week and then forgot about it due to life things and their password as well.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Nice origin story!

As for me, I joined at the end of 2013 after searching for manga artists forum. At the time I had just got super into anime at the beginning of the year so it reflected in my art. Even though I never called it manga I still wanted to go on a forum like this since comic people are often super snobby about this kind of stuff. This is the only other forum I go on actually. I like to have a quiet place where I can ramble about stuff like anime and music in my own corner. I really disliked the other anime forums I tried, I just don't like talking to a lot of those people. Here I can just post about what I like and hopefully avoid debates and stuff.

It's just a cool space on the Internet to chill. Since there is less of us it's easier to talk to everyone and settle in. I have fun collabing with Lego, found many-a-cool things thanks to Paipis, I like talking with Vacant, Nair, NO1SY, Sherbet and everyone on the podcast and I'm always happy whenever suuper or anyone else comments on my art thread! I like the forum for being something smaller like that, where you can kind of know everyone, in a small way, who browses here. Sometimes I wish there was more activity and stuff but...I don't mind.

I am quite ashamed how I'm #10 in the Most Time Online. Not as crazy as Vio, who joined a few months after me, at #2 but still. I'm the #10 thread starter as well. Me and Vacant are tied. I'll get you.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:55:43 PM by Manimal »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »
i'm 2352.
cant think of any reason that makes it a special number other than its my MR id :P

yeah it would be interesting to know the average amount of time a user stayed active, like if it was a week or a month or less.

@manimal yeah i think i like it smaller as well, we all get to know each other quite well and put up with all our quirks :P although it could probably have twice the active members and not change too much i think.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2016, 02:04:43 PM »
Ya it would be nice if there where more active members, especially active artists! I miss when Syntax was here, the dude brought the anime discussion. I know this is a forum based on writing and art but I do feel lonely in like my first impression threads and stuff. But it is what it is and stuff!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2016, 02:05:59 PM »
Ho. Lee. Schit. :ohmy:

We have like 90 pages of Newbies.

Also, Manimal, I feel you. Have you seen my Vampire or Psychic Powers threads? (tumbleweed blows)

Edit: nobody can prove a thing. Nope.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:03:52 PM by MahluaandMilk »
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
My personal text says it all.  I read almost everything posted on MR but I usually don't comment.  I looked at everyone's art but I keep quiet unless they specified that they wanted a critique.  For the anime first impressions, it looked more like your first impressions but I can watch some too if you wanted another person to join in

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
I know my first impressions threads appear to be mine and just mine but I always try to encourage everyone to join in, but the "Everyone is welcome to post their own reviews" kind of gets lost in the flood of text. It's fun to talk about new shows!

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
Wow. I've been on this forum for a bit over a year now. Time sure flies. I'm not as active as I would have liked to but there is a lot going on in my life so it's hard to find time to post a bit stuff. I'll try to be more active in regards to new series. I'm constantly on the prowl for new and interesting series so I'll do my best to make more reviews. :thumbsup:
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 03:33:55 PM »
I joined around 3 years ago, seeking for good critique on my drawings and inspiration to draw (when I was new to manga there were a tons of users on before that had really great drawings I loved looking at). I'd been lurking at other forums but they weren't as active and I actually didn't join MR for over a year due to personal reasons ahaha. I'm glad I did eventually though. Nothing's been more neat than having an internet place I can go to haha.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
@manimal sorry for leaving you alone in the anime chats, unfortunately if i start watching anime or talking about it, i will get too distracted and obsessed over it to get on with my life :P otherwise i would love to talk about it all day long :P hopefully more anime-ful people will join :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!