June 18, 2018, 11:17:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses  (Read 969 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:45:52 AM »
Eh, I didn't see this topic around and I'm a little surprised. If it is and I just couldn't find it, eh, at least it'll be revitalized.

It's a fun little way to get to know other raiders. I'm personally a proud Ravenclaw, even according to Pottermore, although you could make the argument that I'm a Slytherclaw. As for Ilvermorny, I don't think the Pottermore quiz did me very well, but I suppose Thunderbird works, although I had expected Pukwudgie first and Horned Serpent second, and even Wampus third.

A wise, adventuring soul, according to this sortment.

What about you guys?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny Houses
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:17:31 AM »
Pottermore has a Ilvermorny quiz now? Man I don't even know enough about it to hazard a guess.

I am a confirmed Slytherin from back when the site first came out though (I still have to explain to my mom how Slytherin does not equal evil)

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »
I hate explaining to people that Slytherin isn't evil. They're people of goals, ambition, and cleverness. They're kinda like businesspeople in that regard. A few corporate devils and people try to cast shade on the whole community. That aside, wasn't Merlin a Slytherin as far as Rowling's canon is concerned?

Also, to answer your question, yes, Pottermore has an Ilvermorny quiz now, as well as one for determining your wand. I hear they're working on a patronus quiz now...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »
A wand quiz? I know I had a wand, but I don't remember if it was a random selection or not.

Might have to get back on there. Although I hear it deletes your account if you've been gone too long

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:50:16 AM »
Although I hear it deletes your account if you've been gone too long

Hope my account doesn't blow before they finish the patronus quiz! I must know!

Offline HighEmperorOfSneks

• Serpentine Royalty
  • Hella rad dude with a chillax attitude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »
i personally am a hufflepuff for my hogwarts house and a wampus for my ilvermorny house, im badger cat fear me
"The lives of those who can't save anyone have no value." -Bungou Stray Dogs

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »
Well it turns out you can recover your info as long as you remember your old random username. Good thing I wrote it down.

Apparently I am a thunder bird, which represents the soul? Which is fine I suppose, since Thunderbird is my favorite of the native American stories, although one of the houses should definitely been based on a wolf spirit

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »
TBF it seems our old friend J-Row doesn't exactly have the best of grasps on American ways. I haven't really done much reading on Ilvermorny myself, but I've heard that some fans are complaining that it's fairly Euro-centric for a school based somewhere in the US that takes in Canadian students. Oddly, I haven't really heard much in ways of Mexico being involved. :noidea:

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »
No. I read the background on it today
 Basically it way up in the Northeast and was founded by one of the Mayflower passengers. But really, the US is too big to only have one official school. At least need another big one on the west coast

Offline MahluaandMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »
That would probably make more sense then, yeah. Like I said, I had only heard that there was some commotion. Maybe that's why the focus has been on the US and Canada and I haven't heard a peep about Mexico? Like, if there were a school towards the west, it would make more sense for that one to take in students from our southern nation neighbor.

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »
I just went through the test of house and patronus. I am a gryffindor! My patronis is a borzoi!
The borzoi details are surprisingly accurate although I don't share the same silhouette (in that case I'd have the bear patronus lol).

That those who take the form of dogs tend to be friendly and loyal is no secret. The borzoi dog usually marks someone who is also easy-going, often quiet, and possessed of a good sense of humor. They have active, intelligent minds and are experts at amusing themselves, being content alone or with others. Rare is the borzoi that can manage to keep themselves bored for long. The tendency to find humor in almost anything is also common in borzois, from the mundane to the macabre. Though, naturally, the range depends on the individual. The humor comes with a helping of class and, when applied properly, they are quite eloquent people that can navigate difficulties in life with easy grace.

The Borzoi, or Russian wolfhound, is a sighthound bred for hunting everything from small rabbits to big wolves. Despite their lithe builds, they are quite strong and are extremely fast. Nothing pleases Borzoi more than running and chasing. As companions, they are gentle, considerate, and seem to find everything entertaining. They bond well with their loved ones but are known to be nervous when strangers invade their spaces, making them good watchdogs. Like most sighthounds, they have a lanky build and are graceful in almost everything they do. Setting them apart is their long, wavy coat suited for both insulating against the more chilly climes and just generally looking majestic. Borzoi have found admirers amongst everyone from hunters to Russian nobility, with whom they were extremely popular once upon a time.