April 19, 2024, 01:01:04 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 20330 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 03:22:21 PM »
Let's make a pact, right here right now. Before summer is over, we will ... Help trade Pokemon to each other when trading is  enabled.

I'm scared that I will have to go on "vacations" to catch Pokemon.

Anyone else notice that 90s kid's cynicism is gone but tween cynicism has skyrocketed?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:25:09 PM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 03:43:26 PM »
I've got a 10km egg I'm trying to hatch. Hopefully it will spit out something good, especially since most places are only reporting 2 and 5 km eggs. Could be pretty rare

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Bito916

• How can we sing King Alphas Song?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
Let's make a pact, right here right now. Before summer is over, we will ... Help trade Pokemon to each other when trading is  enabled.

I'm scared that I will have to go on "vacations" to catch Pokemon.

Anyone else notice that 90s kid's cynicism is gone but tween cynicism has skyrocketed?

My brother and I commented how we are the biggest Pokemon fans out of all the people we know, but just got the game yesterday haha. I figure since its there, and hopefully patches, theres enough time to enjoy it without freaking out over it the first week or so!:3
"Do whatever the *censored* makes You happy, cuz in the end who's there? You."
Free Plug for my Work, yo. Story Summary: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15846.msg256608.html#msg256608

story draft: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,16569.msg266978.html#msg266978

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »
Definitely, they still have many many generations to add. The game has a fair bit of staying power

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with the game randomly freezing when you catch a pokemon?  I still catch the pokemon but I gotta restart that game alot.  I wouldn't think it was the jnternet because I'm hooked up to wifi.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »
The game's servers cause problems during peak hours. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. It still happens to me. I missed catching an Abra because the game froze.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:31:14 AM by Forlorn Serpent »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »
Yeah that's pretty common. Also getting murdered in the gym because of the defending Pokémon becoming immortal at one go left. I almost won my first gym battle, but then it turned invulnerable and trashed me.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
Does anybody know how to convince my mom not to be so paranoid of Pokemon GO? :tongue: She's rarely a paranoid person and usually has no problem leaving me alone and trusting me to handle myself, seeing as I'm an adult (well... almost. Will be in October. ::))... but ever since Pokemon GO has come out she has been uncharacteristically paranoid. :-\ This morning I went for a walk around the neighborhood to work on hatching my eggs, and she made me take my pepper spray with me. Now, I live in a small, quiet, somewhat secluded neighborhood yet she still wanted me to take it. I told her I'd be fine without it and would have higher chances of being attacked by Sandhill cranes than a criminal (seriously those cranes are scary) but she insisted, and kept sending me articles like this one: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/officials-urge-caution-pokmon-app-sweeps-nation/story?id=40508402

It's just quite out of character for her and I'm not sure how to convince her it's safe, since she hasn't acted like this with me since I was a child. :hmm:

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »
I think more than anything, it's about who might wander into the neighborhood. And if I were a murderer, going after someone who is out and about and my not be expected back for some time and isn't headed to a specific location would be the best possible target. So hate to say it, but your mom is pretty justified in this case

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
Agreeing with your mom and Coryn on this one. Pokemon GO players make for pretty easy targets since they're just innocently walking around with their (probably expensive) phones out in the open playing a game not thinking too much about any surrounding dangers. I'd say a person is more likely to get mugged though.

Not too sure on the reputability of any news sites since I mostly get my news from Reddit but there are plenty of articles warning of possible dangers as well as actual crime due to Pokemon GO. This being a mugging example: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/police-robbers-used-pokemon-go-lure-victims/nrwhr/ Take it with a grain of salt though, no idea if any articles are real or satire. Though I do believe the teen happening across a corpse while playing Pokemon GO is real.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »
*sigh* Yeah, you guys have a point... I just hope it doesn't get to the point any parents feel the need to stop their kids from playing at all. :( I think the biggest problem with Pokemon GO is making sure you're paying attention. Most cases thus far have been either reckless drivers or people going out alone/late at night while distracted. I waited until the sun was fully up before I went out, and I kept my phone in my pocket. If I felt it buzz for a Pokemon, I stopped and pulled all the way up on the sidewalk to the grass to make sure I was completely out of the road. It extended my walk time by 10 minutes or so, but it was safer. I think parents should be more concerned about teaching their kids to pay attention instead of thinking it's the game itself causing the accidents. :tongue:

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
Wow... I had no idea this game was getting so intense/dangerous/serious...
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »
At least it is realistic problems about this game that is spreading and not the Japanese paranoia about dumbing down the kids to serve Satan.

Offline Upliftcomix

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Satan or....  :santa: SANTA!
"Step three: Profit!" -Underpants Gnomes

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 02:16:30 PM »
So what pokemon are you guys catchig in your area?

Mine are mostly Eevees, Rattatas, Pidgeys, Ekans, Geodudes, Parases, Doduos, and Mankees.  All of those I have 4+