April 25, 2019, 06:14:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 31496 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2018, 02:26:55 PM »
Ah, the vocal echo on Santa Christ is a little awkward to hear, but eeyup, it is that time of year.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2018, 02:45:29 PM »
Ya that's a failure to double track. That was like one of the first songs I doubled the vocals so it didn't work well. Now I double almost every song I do, if not every chorus or big part. I should've just re-recorded the song since I'm naturally better than I was last year but, I didn't feel like it. 

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2018, 02:49:10 PM »
Fair enough. First tries aren't meant to be masterpieces, after all. :santa:

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (BEST OF 2018 COMP)
« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
Kanttila : Best Of 2018

1. Country Club
2. The Tragedy Of Mr. Steak
3. America Runs On Lies
4. Natural Order 
5. A New York Morning
6. I Don't Know Love
7. Nuevo Dia
8. Under The Skywalk
9. The Crow's Feather
10. Zero Singing Doves
11. Gloved Hello
12. Late 2000's Planet   

All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://kanttila.bandcamp.com/album/best-of-2018

5 albums, 2 EP's, about 70 songs, that is my 2018. This is the compilation and quite a good look at what I can do in music and where I took things this year. Away from the silliness and stupid antics of 2017 and into a slightly more tune focused direct that is...a little more solid. It's the year I said no more Barry Goldman, because it's Kanttila time! I finally found the right musical name that I feel super comfortable with. Skywalk was the big end to Barry Goldman and Midnight Stella. 

Ghosts Of Kaministiquia was really just a getting back to it after Barry Goldman's World Tour album. It was part FAWM and some odds and ends from the right end of December and January. I mixed things a bit different from here on, and it was rough at first. This is not a great album but it's just a little bump in the road. Skywalk is my biggest album, maybe more than Magnus Bridge. It really feels complete and is like I said the send off to this music world I made before. It is my most creative and most album-y album and I am very proud of it. I did some new things and overall it's something I can stand behind as a personal great work. It might be my best album.

The EP's, Piirakka Enlightenment and Kanttila Bay are also solid but I kind of wish they where full albums. I had a lot of inspirations, The Smiths powered me this year along with BAND-MAID. I listened to my Smiths mixtapes in the car an insane amount so it rubbed off and I did FINALLY, good Jangle songs! I had waited so long to make good Jangle songs and I finally did it. Kanttila Bay was more wacky but it kind of worked.

Now Post America, I can talk about the Kansas trip forever because it's one of the most important weeks of my life so far and thanks to Coryn, Nair and Vacant I had the most...just...frick. Frick man it just frick. I can go on forever about how much it means to me that this even happened and I actually did something in my life and wrote my own story and escaped the confines of my world I've been trapped in. There is my life Pre and Post Kansas, it unearthed so much in me and really I got so much out of it. So Post America is the turning point in my music where it's more song to song based and I think aside from "Last Chance Heroes" it's a good work. The Natural Order is a bump in the road but it has some decent songs just no good idea.

My Nonsense is my most consistent album because I stuck to one solid idea, and "Zero Singing Doves" is a song I AM SO proud of. If there is one song I want people to hear that I made this year it's that song. It's really a complete track that I stand behind fully. I can say, I made the music that represents my feeling very honestly. Everything I made this year is just me. I made the music to document the times of my life at this point, as is the goal of my music. To make the sounds of me.

I was going to make a post ranting about how I'll never form a band and I need to be better, but I can say I am very happy with where my music has gone. It's not great, I still am no good singer but I feel my other abilities have gotten a little better. I want to be more musical and really make something that feels more like Seiko's music. I want to make music that is more than what I do but still my music. I feel like The Clash's Give 'Em Enough Rope was a very motivational album for me this year and my style because it's just so awesome, along with the Smiths and BAND-MAID that is about all that inspired me this year, aside from my great return to my homebase of music in October. But I lack what makes those bands good. I need to make my magic "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" song or "Decided By Myself", "All The Young Punks" etc.

I want to form a band and play with humans but, I've not allowed it to happen. I posted an ad on Kijiji after watching the best anime of forever and the only one of 2 shows I watched this year A Place Further Than The Universe, but everyone is kinda lame. I posted it 3 times and the people who reply just don't seem like they get me. They read certain bands while ignoring you know the important ones like Seiko, The Smiths, BAND-MAID, BiSH and such. Because I don't want to be in a partying Classic Rock cover band, I want to make the best possible Rock 'n Roll music in my context that can channel the energy and spirit of Seiko (the most true in spirit Rock 'n Roll star of this generation of music) with the sound of Give 'Em Enough Rope Clash, Bon Scott era Ac/Dc, the Smiths, Buddy Holly, BAND-MAID etc. and still just be as real as it can be.

I hope I can be in a band one day, I really do. I want so badly to jam with other people and perform. But for now I wait for nothing and only do. So we have another year of my music done. Frick guys. I didn't think I'd make it this far when I started in 2016 but here we are. The second full year of Manimal music. Pipe thanks as always because it was you who got this going and no one else (well besides myself but you know), and Lego thanks for always being my supporter and even inspiration with your own music. and Coryn, Vacant, Nair, you guys know I don't need to say anything. Let's hope 2019 is...actually no. Let's just see what happens and not hope for anything. I will quietly post my Christmas EP on SC, this thread will fade until the next album begins. What do I want to do next?

Well, I want to make better music. That's pretty simple. So let's keep at it huh.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:40:50 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #454 on: January 01, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
I'm breaking new gate.

I have a reason to write songs again. Every album cycle I try to get something, a burning need to write then I use it all up and look for it again. I basically destroyed myself to rebuilt myself by writing 7 songs in one night almost 2 weeks ago and doing a few things to improve myself. I had what I think might be a catalyst moment last night also. My music is always a reflection of me when I make it, always. Otherwise it sucks. and to make good music I feel I have to destroy and rebuilt, a simple enough cycle.

Isn't it strange how serious I can be?  :push:

Now we can ignore that the chords are "Kanan's School Of Sunshine" but different rhythm and order, because my past music doesn't matter. It's time for me to just, try and suck less and less and really stand proud behind the Kanttila name. This is the perfect song for me to start 2019 and my next album I feel. The next set is "Infinite Human Machine".

Nothing Left For You
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/nothing-left-for-you

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2019, 09:55:43 PM »
This song is about the old Finlanders, Wops and so on that you see when you go to Robins in the morning. Yes, not even Tims this time, we're going for a true Northern Ontario aesthetic now. They are always there chilling, and it's like, isn't that a weird goal to have...be old as them and still have the same friends just chilling in fricking Robins Donuts. So I made a song about that feeling. It's one of my favorite kind of songs to make, one full of isolating and specific references that you'd only get if you're from my city! 

The track is very simple, it has an old style Barry Goldman 12-string bridge and I'm very proud of my drumming/bass playing on this song. A simple groove but I'm aiming for stronger grooves and less guitar tracks! This song is nice and easy, 4 tracks and 2 for vocals. Now my vocals, well...not really my best. I don't know about this set. I was super excited about this song until I sang over it. Then it went from cool to, oh man. This might be an EP, or not. It doesn't feel like an album even though I'm having a breakthrough of things to write songs about besides...Yoshiko or something.

Aarto And The Old Boys
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/aarto-and-the-old-boys     

A current issue in my music is length. I can't seem to write a song that hits 3 minutes. I don't know how to make a long song without repeating too much, sometimes. I have done some 5 minute tracks that are very strong because of their length. It makes it feel more complete. But I just can't break the formula of my music. I broke the old Sonic structure of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, instrumental to end but now I need to expand somehow and make longer more complete songs. I can and have done my share of 3-4 minute songs but it's hard to get there. and I don't know how necessary it is. 

Maybe my songs don't need to be that long on average though. To me you can't make a song under 2:20 or it's not really a song. I like the classic Beatles song length. Do a lot in little time is my ideal but I think maybe I need to make songs that are atleast 3:30 to 4. My songs are largely the same in structure also. 

I kind of want to make Goof Rock again. I want to do new things and write serious songs about my life but I feel the results are not as good as my careless quickly written goof rock songs that are more electric and moving. Maybe an issue is how safe my music is now versus this time 2 years ago when I was in Sonic City. No more doing anything wild. I want to make good tunes so bad but my music maybe is plain now. But I don't want to go back to thinking things like "Love Ballad #282", "Idol Eyes", "Lovely Maidens Burn The Garden" and the Krayon EP are okay because they aren't. So I might be doing okay.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:18:06 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 11, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »
Alright, getting there. Maybe next week my next album will be done? I have perhaps 2 more songs to write/record, so we'll see. This has been the longest it's actively taken me to make an album yet, I've had a lot of ideas that I didn't think would work, but it's coming together bit by bit. The two songs above will be on the album, I just didn't feel it was the time to put 'em out, and I thought of scrapping them also. The timing with FAWM always screws me up in January. Plus I didn't know what kind of album I wanted to make yet. I'm aiming at 12 songs, all real songs no interludes and over 40 minutes.

This song is a milestone, one of the best tracks if not the best one I've made yet. It's not perfect but it's certainly something I can really stand behind. It has more J-Rock elements from BAND-MAID and BiSH than ever before, with some Sonic elements to and such. It came to me so naturally also, I woke up, showered, got the idea, started the car, wrote the chorus, went to Tims, than wrote the rest of the song and recorded it. Vocals are rough but I think compared to last year I'm better already. So this is the "single" before the album if you want to call it that. This isn't the first song I've made on the Winter War and Ladoga Karelia but it's the most general and best written song on it I've done, since it could apply to anything else. Instead of "this is my specific reference only I get".   

Look out for Infinite Human Machine, if I still call it that. I might.

Bridge By The Sun 
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/bridge-by-the-sun     

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:21:28 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW ALBUM)
« Reply #457 on: February 17, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »
Kanttila : Infinite Human Machine

1. I Kill My Heart
2. New Gate
3. Relics Of The Old World
4. Bridge By The Sun
5. Operation Impala (Feat. Legomaestro)
6. Nothing Left For You
7. (I Wanna Be In) Your Photobook
8. Pink Shinigami
9. Kalamojakka
10. Personality Flaw
11. She Got Me
12. Aarto And The Old Boys 

All songs written & performed by the Manimal sans
Track 5 Lyrics, Vocal Melody & Guest Voice by : Legomaestro

https://kanttila.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-human-machine-2

At last this album is done! 98 days after my previous one "My Nonsense" we have "Infinite Human Machine" my 17th album and the only one I've made so far that went (pretty much) how I hoped it would.

I'm a bit disappointed I reached 12 songs but not 40 minutes but that doesn't matter. This is an album where I let my inspirations of the moment drift off in certain tracks, and let others sit. It's very much an album of 3-4 different parts put together. It's all linked under one theme, and it's something that...well let's say when I wrote "I Don't Know Love" something was unleashed and my music would never be the same. and this year started with a little jolt to my emotions, so I made an album about it. There is no track here I feel is awful or out of place, everything just does it's trick. Now that I've made an album based on this I don't really want to do it again, so hopefully I got that out of my system, but we'll see where my music goes.

I put more Elvis into my music along with inspiration from BiSH and AYUNi D's PEDRO project. Nowadays I'm mainly listening to BiSH, Elvis and The Smiths so I tried to mix it up a bit on here. The 50's swing on the drums and bass, with other stuff. I think this is a decent album for my drumming and bass. I'm happy with that part, I think I have my own groove on the drums. I'm not nuanced or technical but I believe I can atleast hit my feelings out of them fine. It's a bad album for my solos however, I feel my leads are very weak on here and don't really explode like they did on "My Nonsense". My vocals are well, the same as normal but now I have a bit of a better idea of what I want to do.                                 

Next time I want to whatever. I'll do whatever I do next when I do it. I do really want to do a 7-8 song Elvis cover EP, I've already done a few songs, so we'll see huh. This is "Infinite Human Machine" finally done! 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:20:29 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 01, 2019, 10:38:50 AM »
The next set begins, an Elvis cover mini-album! 

As is known I love Elvis, it's one of those passed down things in the family. I started listening to his music in 2015 and came back hardcore in the last few months when I had a little spark that scrambled my thoughts and now the way I view the world and myself. Elvis' music has soundtracked my life since New Years, along with BiSH. It's the sound of so much to me. He had the voice and ability to make tunes his own. There is a cosmic power to Elvis' best work, it has a real soul to me. The best songs about love and related things ever recorded, the romance, the longing, every feeling was conveyed in his best work. and it's all connected with me in such a manner, stronger than before. Elvis was better than anyone at delivering these things for myself. Sure he didn't write his own songs, but he was an interpreter, and the raw emotion of the tunes is what gets to me. Bruce is the artist of my life, no one will ever top the connection I have to his music and it's value to me, Born To Run is the most important album ever made as far as I care, but Elvis is close in other regards. So I wanted to do a tribute to this very important music to me. So we'll start with a fun tune from Golden Records Vol. 1. I am working on another song right now that is pushing my voice the most I ever have, we'll see how successful I am with that...   

Treat Me Nice 
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/treat-me-nice-cover-song 

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:40:45 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 09, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
Switching Soundclouds now that the other one is full once again. I made a quick playlist of my best songs since I changed my music name to Kanttila last year. It's a good look at what I've been doing and what I can do.
https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/sets/this-is-kanttila

I'm a bit of a nostalgic fool, I wish I wasn't but I can't help but. I've been making music since July 2016 and it was a different time for me in a way. I've gotten comfy in my full time job I started in the exact beginning of 2018 and now that I decided I'm not going back to school this year it's like, hhhm, what am I doing in life? I started music when I was about to start college and it's chronicling my life journey since than. Even if not a ton has happened per say. Sometimes I miss my beginnings, it's always so fun to start a new thing you know, but I've gotten so much better since than and my songs are technically better also. I have so much sentiment for 2016, it's annoying to feel this way but I know why I do. Like everyone I'm just trying to navigate my life and figure it all out, and this will reflect in my next album more than ever I'm sure, I'm being crushed by the things I've been realizing, but I have to move past it.  What do you do when you finally after all this time realize your Thunder Road dreams will never happen and everything you wanted was never going to come no matter how long you waited all along? Man oh man. "Days Of Our Lifenheimers" is up next, and my Elvis cover EP will come along slowly between inspiration.

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SINGLE)
« Reply #460 on: April 20, 2019, 10:06:10 PM »
We'll call it that. A single of sorts, my first one I guess. "When Your Time Comes" featuring a song that won't be on my next album "Luger Eyes" and the Elvis cover I posted before "Treat Me Nice". I like the idea of singles but I've never regarded my songs like this. But my idea is to upload this and then the rest of the album when it's done instead of what I've done before where I make a song and quickly upload it. "When Your Time Comes" is the first song I wrote and recorded for this album. It's kind of a song that keeps building but not too anything crazy. "Luger Eyes" is just an 80's Metal song, but the most glorious attempt I've had yet. It's not all the way there to be an album track so I just took some random lyrics from my notebook and pieced it together. So yes, the first single of me in a way.

https://soundcloud.com/kanttilamusic/when-your-time-comes?in=kanttilamusic/sets/when-your-time-comes-single