August 16, 2018, 12:26:23 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 21208 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
Yes but with the f for the bref action. Like bre-fix-t or something. Though I could go into Tims like "I want a sausage Brexit sandwich". Brek-fest is too much word, the k sound just slows you down or something. I dunno.

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (2 NEW SONGS)
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
Well looks like the first three songs of the next project are in place...

Burger Cops
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/burger-cops   

The Shy Lightning                                                           
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/the-shy-lightning   

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »
This is likely the most hell raising jam I have made ever. I'm quite happy with that despite how it sounds. This has far more feeling and...well endurance and ability to it then my sloppy "punk" jams like "One Hopeless Buyer". This drum track was hella hard for something so simple. I had to go robot mode and stop thinking just to keep up. I've never played such a beat so straight for this long.

Fraser Valley Apple Heist
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/fraser-valley-apple-heist

This is a different thing now, well slightly. I did some brand new to me tricks. It turned out some what I suppose.

Awkward Potato   
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/awkward-potato     

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:03:09 PM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
That first one definitely does have that early punk kinda vibe. Although I am, as ever, confounded by your taste in subject matter.

Awkward Potato seems to play to your vocal strengths. Sort of rambling and spoken instead of straight up sing I suppose. It's also nice that I could understand you throughout the whole thing. You tend to lose yourself in a lot of your stuff, so it was a nice change

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music (Another Song?)
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »
Haha, thanks for listening. Eh, just a simple apple heist in BC, you know doing some wicked stuff. What you mean you can't understand when I shout like a dip and jumble words in a confusing manner? Ya I know what you mean though.

Another song today. It's um, I made it in like 2 seconds and wrote the lyrics while the water was boiling for mah noots. I don't actually say "zed" but as part of making my music as Canadian as possible I must take it on. Well, this set is shaping up more like random details of my life that are mundane but amusing to only me. Musically this is me trying to improve the rhythms of my songs, I'm quite happy with my bassline on this track though it doesn't punch althrough well in the verse. 

Camp Lazlo
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/camp-lazlo   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:14:30 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
-edit-

I should've thought for a second before putting that on. It wasn't a bad track by my means but a little heinous on the lyrics and overall tone. Does not work for my album in the works. Certainly I will reuse the music, but not the lyrics. Ouch.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:37:45 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW EP)
« Reply #396 on: May 01, 2018, 04:07:10 PM »
Barry Goldman : Piirakka Enlightenment (EP)

1. A New York Morning
2. Minnesota
3. The Shy Lightning
4. Camp Lazlo
5. Awkward Potato
6. Fraser Valley Apple Heist

All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/piirakka-enlightenment

This is the end of Barry Goldman everyone!

Well just the name. I'm changing names to Kanttila, which I feel fits myself better. The music will be the same, whatever stuff I feel like doing, but I just want to start a new page and have a name that fits me more. Basically I wanted something Finnish so I will go with my (recently discovered) original family name changed generations ago and add a letter. Barry Goldman is an overly catchy name that just works but it's not a name that I'd like to have for myself and where my music is going. If I made music on a big scale I'd just use my own name, but for this stuff I don't want to be Barry Goldman anymore.

This EP is two trilogies of songs, it was never really going to work as a full album anyway, besides they are 6 tracks that are their own things and I like what I've done here. It's just a short listen which, if anyone was to listen to my stuff, would be for the better. I am quite satisfied with the 6 tracks here anyway! "A New York Morning" is certainly one of my best songs with an actually normal structure and a real chorus!

So yes it's not really an end or a beginning or anything, I will still count my albums the same, but now with a new name and Bandcamp etc. That's 13 albums and now 5 EPs since I started July 2016. Let's keep things going as the one man band who...smashes things until...bandmates appear? Eh, maybe one day. For now Barry Goldman goes bye bye and Kanttila rises.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:32:39 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONGS)
« Reply #397 on: May 06, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
Let's try some covers, k why not. I have no idea where I want to take my music right now, I have lots of lyrics and ideas but not so much how I will pull them off. I also want to conserve my riffs as to have lots of input for 50/90 this year, since it was such a great time last year where I basically shaped my own musical identity. Being me I want to keep the music flowing and uploading, so my heart tells me to try a covers EP. Now with my new musical name oh joy.

Heartbeat (Buddy Holly Cover) 
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/heartbeat   

I was very unsure about this one but I gotta push myself in little ways, which is what I did here, covering a song I knew I couldn't pull off vocally because...well I'm a guy. So I went way off the original key and tried to do a version that felt honest to me, while keeping the form of the song. I tried to do almost all the elements of the original instrumental, but it didn't all come through so vividly. Of all Carly Rae's songs this was the easy pick, the one that made me love her to begin with, the follow up single in 2012 that was only a hit in my country. This was the hardest thing I've had to sing aside from Under The Skywalk, mainly because of the key, as if I sing too low it sounded bad so I tried to do it all in one tone, unlike the original. So that might sound off.

Curiosity (Carly Rae Jepsen Cover) 
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/curiosity   

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »
Our 5th collab, it's not like, a fun back and forth but we do different things everytime. Lego came up with the verse and chorus riff as well as the lyrics and melodies. You can tell write away the verse is a Lego melody also. This is fun to work with and the results trackwise I am happy with aside from the mix and the terrifyingly horrific bass sound. Based of the comic we did where I drew and he wrote. That was a one time magic, but we continue to make collab tracks because it's fun man. I love to make songs with Lego, whatever way we do it.

The Labors Of Larry Pine (Feat. Lego)
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/the-labors-of-larry-pine 

I'm happy with the music here, but the mix eh. I tried something sort of new to me I think. I ripped the Johnny Marr trick of open tuning and dropping things. I tuned my Jazzmaster to open A and threw loose whammy bars at it, and messed with the volume and whammy. It was fun and sounded neat. I've said it a lot, the Jazzmaster is a tool for cool things and you have to use it like a tool. It's not a normal guitar. It's a wild animal. I alao did the thing in "Ask" which sounds like a harmonica as a rhythm maker in the later verse. Cool trick.

Gloved Hello   
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/gloved-hello

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:57:40 AM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
Ninja link drop to the collab in question. http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,15755.msg259770.html#msg259770

Cheers for one time magic. And serious props on that breakdown and turning my trashy bass into something worth listening to. I tend to sing my lyrics too restrained so I find it cool how you sing them out.

This was fun indeed haha.

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
Barry Goldman & Ahasuerus : Two Much Power (PLAYLIST)

1. Conquistador Of The Dance Floor
2. The Labors Of Larry Pine
3. Black Sea Fleet
4. Pink Blood On The Battlefield
5. Number Two On A Top Ten List
6. Mr. Loch Ness
7. I'll Have A Water
8. This Clock Keeps Ticking
9. Camp Lazlo
10. It's OK
11. Sunspot
12. Epic Deathscene
13. Superior
14. Phonecall For Stelly
15. Diver's High

All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/sets/two-much-power

The combined power of me and Lego! Features the 5 collab songs we've done so far, and 5 previous tracks from both of us going back and forth.       

Lego drew the cover! We make a great duo...I like to make music along with Lego, he and someone from UltimateGuitar are the extent of my Soundcloud network! Maybe some people from FAWM 50/90 to but a lot of those folks only post when it's go time. So I wanted to post this fun playlist of the songs we've done and some randomly chosen songs that go together in some sort of manner.

So this is just something enjoyable. I make so many songs that I like to make things like this to list them in a good way. Like I'm really proud of "Diver's High" aside from the overly busy mix and out of key singing right off the bat. SOMEHOW it has 200 plays on SoundCloud. A fairly good amount of that is from myself, but it isn't all me. It was a 50/90 song, but that count is impossible to explain. It's a song about just wanting to do things with my life that aren't the same as always. I don't know what Diver's High means, I heard "runners high" in K-ON which is where Mio gets song ideas when she's on a mad jog, and went from there. "Sunspot" is also a little more meaningful, being about my 10 AM world in this city, but some of the lyrics and singing suck. "Superior" is my most honest lyric yet. "Camp Lazlo" is me writing about 10 years ago and today, and how weird it is that a new generation of kids born in 2000 on has risen. "I'll Have A Water" is a simple 50/90 song with the most cliche chord progression ever, but it's one of my most upfront and hell ya vocals. I hope I can recapture that magic this 50/90. I wanted to go with one of my FinnTalian or Canada songs but nothing fit.

For Lego I went with "Mr. Loch Ness" because it's cool as hell. "This Clock Keeps Ticking" for it's lyrical themes and idea. "It's OK" because it felt like a big step up when he put that out. "Epic Deathscene" because it's one of his coolest lyrics and song ideas. and of course "Phonecall For Stelly" is still his best song. That simple two chord, one finger movement, drone that never ends and the catchy as how-did-you-come-up-with-this-dude vocal line. But yes, before I get more rambly I'll just end it here. A fun playlist of double power.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:03:33 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
It's like I forgot Pet Sounds was such an inspiration when I started making music and just discovered it again when I changed my artist name. I don't know what it is, but I'm going to do it some more. Lyrically pretty lame, but my mind is pretty blank at present. I did the assertively Canadian thing well enough on Pirrakka Enlightenment. I got a little too serious on Skywalk however, it was an album built on a very specific interaction at the last local geek con which I sang about with great detail on "Under The Skywalk". But my last few albums have been about what my place in the world and identity mean to me.

So I think it's time for some more...fun. I haven't made simply fun music since Aesthetic. I'm always so serious even when I sing about silly things. But whenever I sing about silly things I get mad that I'm not making enough serious songs. So I'm just going to ignore that nonsense and if I want to make a stupid song I'll make one the best I can.

Bettie Bound For Trouble     
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/bettie-bound-for-trouble

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:06:34 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »
Finally I broke out my white shorts and white shirt look yesterday, which means it's almost the best season of the year at last. When the snow is gone it's ice cap season and when June hits it's Orangina season also. Thank God to. This is the funnest rock song I've made since last August. It's a quality to my music that has been lost in the seasons. I think it's emerged better than before.

I'm way to proud of the line "they turned him into teriyaki. Yama, Mioski pierogi". Like it's not clever why did I think I was genius for this. Anyway a fun rock n' roll song, and only the third time I've gone full Ac/Dc for the riff. "Idol Eyes" (I hate that song title so much, I wanna punch my February 2017 self for many reasons and that is one) and "Don't Drink My Ice Cap" being the other times. Every single time I pick up a guitar I go G, D, A out of habit, it's just automatic. So I made a riff of that simple as it is, but whatever. *Let's ignore how hard it rips off "Rock Your Heart Out" but hey that progression is A, G, D that song also has one of Malcolm and Angus' coolest interplays in the verse"*

Vicarelessly
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/vicarelessly
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:30:58 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 24, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
My Rock Band mic is starting to fail me, it cuts out sometimes so I have to watch the audio closely when I record. I covered up one spike in volume in the ending by doing a favorite trick that sounds intentional, but ended up being a good way around not playing the drum track again. A simple song really, not a great guitar sound either. Lyrically it's you know, summer just feels like the best and in the time before July I feel like...what can I do to make sure I have a good season. The best is to not overthink and just roll with it.

Summer Soundtrack
https://soundcloud.com/kanttila/summer-soundtrack 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:57:43 PM by Manimal »

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 24, 2018, 07:36:30 PM »
Really enjoyed this song man. Had a nice groove to it that I can sort of bounce to. Your voice falls a little flat  at times, but it sounds a lot better from the song I remembered hearing from you awhile ago. (I think it was called Yoko something?)

Overall good stuff Manimal!
Messatsu...