March 29, 2024, 01:18:38 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 124709 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG FEAT LEGO)
« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
We're at it again for the 4th collab. Lego wrote the lyrics and did guest vocals here.

The track is flawed, it always is. The mix is terrible and I dunno, doing a song without loud guitars at all feels too weird to me. The guitars always move things in my songs but in this they just kind of...exist. and I couldn't find the right drum groove since I don't know how to make surf songs. But this whole album is just me trying and if it doesn't work...atleast I tried. Plus composed melodies.

So ya, we at it again. The sad thing is, my songs sound better with composed melodies but I suck so hard at singing that I am now MORE out of key then ever before even when I do a vocal line on guitar to sing to. Why. Why.

Black Sea Fleet
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/black-sea-fleet-feat-ahasuerus

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (12th ALBUM COMPLETE)
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »
Barry Goldman : Ghosts of Kaministiquia

1. Superior
2. Neo Venezia 
3. Idols Have Abs
4. Silver Mines
5. Black Sea Fleet (Feat. Legomaestro) *
6. Lithuanian Devil
7. Vietnam
8. Yoshiko's Last Stand
9. Late 2000's Planet
10. Ghosts of Kaministiquia

All songs written & performed by the Manimal sans * (lyrics & guest vocal by Legomaestro)

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/ghosts-of-kaministiquia

I was going to be novel and put this out tomorrow but I just want it out of my hair. Like before these albums grow to be a pain and I just want them out of the way so I can work on better songs and start the cycle again. So this one, which I've been forming since December I just kind of hit send on when I felt the vibe of things was over and needed to shift. There is no idea but it works into some of the songs about my world. As normal there must be a song with a Love Live character name, but this time there is also Idols Have Abs, a phrase that's been around for a while now. I finally used it.

I am just starting to do better things with composing melodies, so this feels like a primal beginning, as with Dia's Pain In Spain. The issue is my singing which is even weaker with composed melodies because somehow it's even more impossible to be in key for that. But this is the beginning of that. Slowly the music I can make may become the music I want to make. But we will see.

The biggest wins on this album are Late 2000's Planet and Ghosts of Kaministiquia. Both are to the near best of my musical abilities. I wanted to make an album that was kind of just all over, but certainly I didn't do this as best as I could. Still there where tracks that have been forming for a bit, which like my last album proved to be a good way to make songs I am happy with. 

The biggest fail on this album is Vietnam, or atleast the first half. I tried something and it didn't work super well but the ending I am happy with even if it's a thing I've done many times before. Still it's been a bit since I've done something like that. Idols Have Abs isn't as wild as I would've liked either.

I tried new ways to mix this time so there is none of the "Digital Drum Compressor, Stereo Width, Stereo Upmix" like I put on every single track before. Instead I tried some different things and used a bigger amp. Still haven't got a great handle. I have better recording stuff now but still no way to use it yet, so the soundboard just sits there...   

When FAWM started things took a bad turn. Superior and Vietnam are very sloppy tracks, but something to get out of the system atleast. February seems to be a bad time for my music. I feel if I make an album over a few months it loses focus, and that is kind of the case here. So it seems for my purposes being quick is good also. 

So ya, it's another album! Not a ton to say this time. Just keeping at it, and now Lithuanian Devi joins the cast.     

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:16:30 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
Last time on the Midnight Stella saga the Magnus Bridge is fired at Yuigrad but is stopped when the Dingus takes control of the situation. The super weapon, powered by the Nebula Crystal in Stella, fell into the hands of the Diametric Twin Tailed Goddess, who sprung a trap for Stella in the fortress city of illusion. At the end of the forth plate, the Dingus and Stella fall through the surface, creating a rift in the reality. Midnight's crystal is shattered, and now the two find themselves in an all new dimension, one controlled by the Dingus' own instinct.

If that sounds silly, well it's not meant to be a clear and amazing narrative. This is the start of the third album in the Midnight Stella trilogy, which began with Magnus Bridge and continued with Call Of Mugi. I have a clear idea for this one, but we'll see how it goes. This song is lyrically based on the first chapter of The Kalevala which I have started reading, 

The sound is muddy and poor here, my songs are still in that period. The intro is brutal, but it doesn't really matter what you do when your drums are trashed, it got bad this time last year, and now...oh my. My laptop was being slow when I was recording the drums and I got so frustrated I smashed my sticks through the snare so...the snare doesn't sound too good on this track. But I go on because it's what I do. Plus my drumming is stagnant, I play virtually the same on every track, which I intend to change up somehow. I'm loving playing bass more nowadays, it's so fun but it sounds so poor in the mix.

So yes, the beginning of the Skywalk.

Midnight's Shattered Crystal
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/midnights-shattered-crystal 

Lyrics
Spoiler
Air-Lass, the maiden
For me the breeze has foresaken
A wave, fills her belly
and plently of, the storm is steady
The pains, awaiting on space
To plant this egg, the place
A gust, scattering East
and Northwest, South, never to cease

We will find our home, no will to be alone
The Air-Lass searches for you, hard as the beach wind blew

The sands and the stormy sky
Everything seems to say goodbye
Stand cool, look ahead
The maiden will shatter this dread

Their faces, are nothing like mine
The Mother Water sends her misty sign
Take heed, my children
I'll find the frontier to build in

We will find our home, no will to be alone
The Air-Lass searches for you, hard as the beach wind blew

Water Mother, in the overcast beach
No one, just trash and a single foot print
Rain is coming, and we need our shelter
Rain is coming, where is our shelter?

We are weak, the weakest ever
We are weak, the worst kind
Who has honour, who has valour
When every day is a storm cloud shower
To the face, of the sleeping bear
Eyes fixated, no movement to spare
Who dare, to poke the beast
A step forward, we shall be released
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:06:40 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2018, 06:33:14 PM »
This is a better song, the last one is a bit messy and certainly a mid album type of track. But this one I think is decent by my own standards. Singing is a little off of course.

Going back to scribbling pictures for the art doesn't look good at all, especially when my scanner doesn't work. I wanted to give them that old touch but it looks awful. Whatever though, it reflects the music quality really.

Nuevo Dia
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/nuevo-dia 

Lyrics
Spoiler
What if today I was someone else
and my old self would walk away
I'd see a Goldman in his mind
The fellow they've seen all the time

Feel no fear, of messing up here
I'm someone new, whatever I do

What if today there was no thought
Of keeping up the image I've got
I'll be you for the day
and see in your eyes, see your way

See your sky, see your rise
and everything you hold inside
Then no matter what I do
The record is filed under you

Feel no fear, of messing up here
I'm somebody new, whatever I do

Dia, Neo Dia
When the sun is getting higher
I'll try my luck with something new
But I expect absolutely nothing from you

Dia, Neo Dia
When the walls are getting tighter
We run this fair for something fake
and we leave without a face to break
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:02:58 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:31:41 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »
-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:31:48 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:31:53 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 21, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:32:00 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONGS)
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2018, 05:18:45 PM »
-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:32:13 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW ALBUM)
« Reply #384 on: March 30, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
Barry Goldman : Skywalk

1. Freaks Find Their Way
2. The Reclaimers Of Karelia
3. Nuevo Dia
4. 309
5. Under The Skywalk
6. Midnight's Shattering Crystal
7. The Annexation Of You
8. Echoes In The Pool Room
9. Ocean Blue Mornings

All songs written & performed by the Manimal sans 

https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/skywalk

and another album is done, a part Stella album but mostly it's just what's on the mind of me. It might be my best album yet! Or is Barry Goldman's World Tour...it's one of those two. I think the flow is a little off and it maybe trails off a bit, but still it has some of my best tracks that feel like the best of my current abilities. and I got to use my acoustics more this time and atleast used my 12-string on a track also. and that cowbell to.

The biggest win on this album is obviously "Under The Skywalk" the best song I have made so far besides "Magnus Bridge". I am very happy with how it turned out, not my vocals, but the rest of the song. Of course my vocals are just whatever as always, but man that song was just the thing I needed to make to represent something I needed to. Also I am happy with "Nuevo Dia", "309", "Midnight's Shattering Crystal", "Echoes In The Pool Room" and "Ocean Blue Mornings".

A lot of this album is just based on my experience at the last sort of geek con held here. It wasn't great and made me miss the local anime con that ended in 2016. When it's a general geek fest you can't find "your people" because it's just everyone. Only when I ran into one of my friends was I able to find a bit of anything like that briefly, otherwise it was just not a great time. I already made "Freak Con" but you know, it keeps on going.

Next album I want to make songs. Like actual songs that are song like and not just whatever thrown together. Although I was better at that this time I think. Perhaps if I make the beats with a drum machine first, then write off of that and play it normally (of course there would never be a drum machine in my actual music) it could be better. I want songs to feel stand alone like they have a purpose and quality of their own, which is not what my albums feel like now. This is what happens when you make music without caring for "the rules". Of course I don't want to play by "the rules" but if I want to make music like what I love then it has to be better than this.   

So ya, another album done let's move on to the next one and hope it's better ei.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:09:37 PM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2018, 08:39:08 PM »
Are you going for having the two like, vocals and guitar tracks split between the two ears? Under the Skywalk is great, but my ears are begging for combined audio in each ear.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2018, 11:52:00 PM »
In all my songs guitars are panned hard with two different tracks for left and right with other random fill ins panned around and vocals are always center. The thing on that song is only one acoustic plays during the whole verse so it sounds like it's split as nothing else fills but the softer drums.

I always say it but I should put more into mixing...right now my songs are too muddy and dulled where they previously where overly loud, trembly and messy. But I've only tried two different ways also...

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
My Superior Northwestern Soul (Compilation Album)

1. Larger Than My Life 
2. Superior
3. Suomi, Salami, Sasami?
4. Scusami
5. Late 2000's Planet
6. Wallflower Army
7. 309
8. Under The Skywalk
9. Nuevo Dia
10. Hyvää Joulua!
11. Coughing Up The Heel
12. Midnight's Shattered Crystal
13. Stella Skies
14. Ghosts Of Kaministiquia
15. Barely Gold, Man
All songs written & performed by the Manimal

https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/sets/my-superior-northwestern-soul

Woohoo, it's the end of another era of the Manimal's music. This is a compilation of my previous 4 albums Call of Mugi, Barry Goldman's World Tour, Ghosts Of Kaministiquia and Skywalk which summarize my life in the passing Fall-Winter season from the start of second year, the discovery of the Polish restaurant, the start of the college strike, some mild adventuring in the townships, the dropping out of school which I firmly decided while eating pierogis, the end of the Polish restaurant, gaining more knowledge of my heritage, oh the madness, the antics so crazy huh. I normally don't like to clutter my Soundcloud with compilations but I want this to feel like the end of an era of my music, it's just a thing for me. I think the eras end with the seasons and all, and this has been a good era for my music. 

I have finally gotten a better expression, there is nothing I'm necessarily burning to write about. But I got a much clearer vision, and went from making songs of my idealization and my goofiness to trying to make something about my place in the world, my city, my nationality/heritage, my goof, all that stuff. I think if British bands sound firmly British, how can I sound not just firmly Canadian, but firmly like someone from Northwestern Ontario. We are not the same as the South, which is why I separate us, I want people to know when I say Ontario that I do not mean Toronto, and that Canada has so much more to it than the super cities. Until Call of Mugi I always called my stuff "Goof Rock" which is a tag I don't use anymore...it's just me rock! Not to say I'm so unique and special, my music and I are quite self-absorbed. 

Sometimes I get down about my music, thinking it's not like the stuff I love and all. But all I can do as a one man band is make the music of me, and try to do stuff that feels like something only I can make. Being a one man band is a self absorbed kind of thing because it's only me you know. It all revolves around me, which is good and bad for making music. It means I can make literally whatever I feel, but within my own abilities without any other minds.Regardless of how it is. and this is certainly my strongest set of tunes put together that say something about me and who I am. In a silly way, because my music is still pretty silly all things considered. But I take it seriously regardless because it's the work of me, it's what I do.

I don't think what I make next will be so different, I know how I am. But this little chapter of my music is done and I'm actually happy with it, and how I have expanded my aims a little bit. I'm not such a profound lyricist, and my compositions are too rushed and overly jumpy, but it's how it goes. The songs here are some of my most honest I'd say. It's the superior soul of the Goldman.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:23:14 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »
No time to stop! Another set begins with...well a song. The mix is miserable. Don't you dare make fun of how I say "breakfast" okay. I've never said it correctly and never will. Bref-ixt. I've said many times how I love morning talk shows because they feel so sentimental, something about it feels so 2000's just like the guide channel that played movie trailers and all the jingles like "iTravel 2000 dot com! Call 1-8-6-6 wow deal! and get away for less". and the classic "800-5-88-2-300 Empire! Today!". One of my silly dreams is to be on one of those early shows. and New York is always an interesting city to me. When I think of America I think TEXAS, but New York is like that outsider image, the super city.

Oh ya I got a new hi-hat also.

Mornin' New York 
https://soundcloud.com/barrygoldmanofficial/mornin-new-york

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:24:05 PM by Manimal »

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2018, 04:59:51 PM »
"Brexit"