June 27, 2022, 08:32:19 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 95901 times)

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Music
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2017, 06:15:10 PM »
That song... It's legendary.
Lol you already listened to it??? Oh boy should I be worried about corrupting young ppl with strange and/or messed up song? :hmm:
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
I'm pretty corrupted as is. :D doesn't quite mean I want to *censored* a dog though!

Damn you, you got me listening to some more Blink 182 now. It's been a while.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2017, 06:26:49 PM »
I'm pretty corrupted as is. :D doesn't quite mean I want to *censored* a dog though!

HA! Well you can never go wrong with Blink 182... ugh I still have yet to listen to their new album... last I listened to them was when they came out with their self-titled album in '03 XD
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2017, 06:33:01 PM »
It took me a minute to realize LP meant Linkin Park. Ha right on, ya looking into a USB cable thing would be insane, plugging my guitar into my laptop...whoa. Those cables are cheap to...hhhhm. I'm more focused on improving my skills and songwriting then actual sound quality but it'd be nice to make more listenable numbers to. I'm more of a Malcolm Young, crank it and slam it guitarist!
Also if you don't mind me asking... What are you playing on? I mean what's your Axe of choice? ;)

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »

HA! Well you can never go wrong with Blink 182... ugh I still have yet to listen to their new album... last I listened to them was when they came out with their self-titled album in '03 XD

Yeah, I only know some of the old songs. For some reason, I've been digging them a lot more recently, perhaps enough to actually listen through some of the albums. I'm currently listening to Adam's Song. Deliciously teen emo lyrics, but the music itself is undeniably good.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »

Yeah, I only know some of the old songs. For some reason, I've been digging them a lot more recently, perhaps enough to actually listen through some of the albums. I'm currently listening to Adam's Song. Deliciously teen emo lyrics, but the music itself is undeniably good.
That's the thing I like about them... their lyrics are so classical Emo but at the same time they have a talent that's simply so good and awesome, you can't help not to love their music.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
Someone out there is cursing this thread for filling up the recent posts, but I'm just like...atleast it's being posted in 8) . (Don't forget there's songs in here to...somewhere)

It took me a minute to realize LP meant Linkin Park. Ha right on, ya looking into a USB cable thing would be insane, plugging my guitar into my laptop...whoa. Those cables are cheap to...hhhhm. I'm more focused on improving my skills and songwriting then actual sound quality but it'd be nice to make more listenable numbers to. I'm more of a Malcolm Young, crank it and slam it guitarist!
Also if you don't mind me asking... What are you playing on? I mean what's your Axe of choice? ;)

On Call Blocked I use my Indie IRK 12 String. It also has my Squier Telecaster which is my newest one. I used it on Lab Goat, Anniversary Of My Favorite Movie, Yuri Goggles, Poptart Hero channel 1, Pretty Kitty etc. Then there is my trusty Squier Strat which can be heard on Idealizer, This Belief, Wizardology, Ratt's Ass, clean parts on Will This Be On The Test? etc. Completing the Squier trio is my Jazzmaster featured on Dirt, Glue, Electric Blanket, Poptart Hero channel 2 and anytime I use crazy whammy etc.

Some other random ones here and there to.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:52:28 PM by Manimal »

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:50 PM »
Someone out there is cursing this thread for filling up the recent posts, but I'm just like...atleast it's being posted in 8) . (Don't forget there's song in here to...somewhere)

On Call Blocked I use my Indie IRK 12 String. It also has my Squier Telecaster which is my newest one. I used it on Lab Goat, Anniversary Of My Favorite Movie, Yuri Goggles, Poptart Hero channel 1, Pretty Kitty etc. Then there is my trusty Squier Strat which can be heard on Idealizer, This Belief, Wizardology, Ratt's Ass, clean parts on Will This Be On The Test? etc. Completing the Squier trio is my Jazzmaster featured on Dirt, Glue, Electric Blanket, Poptart Hero channel 2 and anytime I use crazy whammy etc.

Some other random ones here and there to.

Damn I'll have to take my hat of to you for using a 12 string XD I barely was able to use a 7-string bk in the day XD.. Telecaster's are a personal favorit of mine.. Idk I just always found them to be weight-wise good balanced and the neck's.. well atleast the one's i've tried rested will in my hand. Some guitars just feel weird, well atleast the neck does.
There was this guitar store in my hometown, they had this beautiful Gibson Les Paul Custom in blood red.. a real beauty but I still to this day hate myself for not asking my mom at the time, to lend me the rest I needed to buy that accursed beauty. Not that I regret settling with my Crafter Cruiser CJ-400, I find it to be perfectly balanced weight-wise. The neck was... idk a bit weird to get used to. But I'm happy with it, but I still drool over the thought of that Blood Red Gibson Les Paul Custom. I even still have my first Squier Strat which I bought super cheap at a flea market. Heck my gf keeps asking me why I keep holding on to it XD I guess it's the memories I have with it  :D

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
Ah 12-strings are fairly simple, it's jsut making it sound good plugged in that's been my struggle. and writing songs fit for it. I want to do jangle pop SO bad but it doesn't come to me as naturally as what I normally do. What I do is what comes to me when I hit my guitar, sometimes riffs just magically come out of nowhere.

Ya my Tele is my best guitar and it was only $200 new. It's so smooth to play, looks great, and has awesome sustain. I didn't plan on getting it either, I was just leaving the Music Shop when I turned around...we met eyes and...that was it. I was very disappointed with my Jazzmaster, that thing is close to junk as it is. You need to swap the bridge and do all this...ugh. It's so silly that I have to literally replace parts on a new guitar, the bridge is beyond terrible, I got a new one and it's only kind of better, I can only use it to make noise it's not good for anything else as is because it's so unplayable. It felt so right in the music shop as well. I got it over a Hagstrom Viking to. But it does have amazing tone and whammy so I just need to work on it but man.

I fixed 'Calls Blocked", put down a 2% better vocal track and tried to mix it better. Not quite as good as I wanted it to be but oh well. I can't believe I ripped off 'Won't Get Fooled Again" without even knowing it for that one part.

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/calls-blocked

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:18:01 PM by Manimal »

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
Ah 12-strings are fairly simple, it's jsut making it sound good plugged in that's been my struggle. and writing songs fit for it. I want to do jangle pop SO bad but it doesn't come to me as naturally as what I normally do. What I do is what comes to me when I hit my guitar, sometimes riffs just magically come out of nowhere.

Ya my Tele is my best guitar and it was only $200 new. It's so smooth to play, looks great, and has awesome sustain. I didn't plan on getting it either, I was just leaving the Music Shop when I turned around...we met eyes and...that was it. I was very disappointed with my Jazzmaster, that thing is close to junk as it is. You need to swap the bridge and do all this...ugh. It's so silly that I have to literally replace parts on a new guitar, the bridge is beyond terrible, I got a new one and it's only kind of better, I can only use it to make noise it's not good for anything else as is because it's so unplayable. It felt so right in the music shop as well. I got it over a Hagstrom Viking to. But it does have amazing tone and whammy so I just need to work on it but man.

I fixed 'Calls Blocked", put down a 2% better vocal track and tried to mix it better. Not quite as good as I wanted it to be but oh well. I can't believe I ripped off 'Won't Get Fooled Again" without even knowing it for that one part.

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/calls-blocked
Oooh so you improved the quality a bit? I'll give it a listen tomorrow then. You're totally right about the Telecaster being a smooth guitar... 3rd best and smoothest I've ever played on, plus all in all they're also good quality for decent price. The 2nd smoothest is obviously my Crafter (and my favorite) of the ones I've had over the years. Though nothing compares to this Guitar my old music workshop teacher at this school i went to 10 years ago. We were supposed to play at this Ballroom Dance at another school. I had just lost my friend then and to help pick up my mood, our teacher told me I could use his 1962 Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean to play The Cranberries's Zombie.. that day was the first time I played Lead infront of a crowd. That song and that guitar... dude I've ever heard angels sing, that would be it. That Gretsch is the smoothest, most amazing guitar I've ever played on. Lemme just say that guitar played smoother than throwing an eel down a slip 'n slide.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:27:11 AM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2017, 02:06:26 PM »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
The Manimal's Music (4th ALBUM COMPLETE)
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »
The Manimal : Flat as Manitoba

1. Welcome As A Washboard
2. Yuri Goggles
3. Nostalgia Makes Me Puke Sometimes
4. Today's The Anniversary Of My Favorite Movie
5. Calls Blocked
6. Adjust My Atlas
7. Goofballed
8. Just Give Me The Ratt's Ass
9. Theme For Wishing and Not Doing
10. This Could Be You
All Songs Scribbled & Performed By The Manimal
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/sets/flat-as-manitoba

We're as flat as the plains that dance leaves and cow
We're as flat as the washboard that hides behind her shirt
We're as flat as soda
We're as flat as Manitoba

4th album! All recorded from January 1st to February 2nd (sans track 9). It's better then the last but still not much yet. Some tunes like "Goofballed" and "Just Give Me The Ratt's Ass" I am quite satisfied with. I am coming closer to a vocal character. Influence from Bonito Generation appears lyrically on songs like "Today's The Anniversary Of My Favorite Movie". Some songs like "Nostaglia Makes Me Puke Sometimes" didn't turn out great and "Theme For Wishing and Not Doing" was recorded in November so it feels a little out of place but hey. It's flat.

I was going to do a big finale tune but I'll save that for later, it doesn't feel right. "This Could Be You" is a good enough ending for this set. Is there a theme? Hhhm, sometimes. So bam, now I can start on FAWM.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:06:44 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
The Manimal's music now on Bandcamp because...it can be AND it sounds better then on SoundCloud.

I put up my third album You Get The Point, edited it a bit. After School Me Time and Poptart Hero are the only songs here I feel are worth a passing whatever. After School Me Time is my greatest song so far.
https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/you-get-the-point

and now Flat As Manitoba.
https://barrygoldman.bandcamp.com/album/flat-as-manitoba
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:13:18 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
I've been sitting on this for a week or two but nah I have to put it up. This is my most destructive guitar track without using feedback (sans the beginning). It's not a great song otherwise though, it's pretty much the sound of me not caring. "Only Available With Coupons"

https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/only-available-with-coupons